Girl Talk

Star Catcher

"Ye, I'm Sohee. You're Joyun....right? I wouldn't want an imposter." Sohee said, laughing.

Joyun giggled. "Ye, it's me alright."

Sohee sat down across from her old friend. Joyun looked the same, mostly. Older, more mature. But everyone looks like that as time passes. Sohee missed Joyun's cute, big eyes. Her short, cropped hair has been replaced for medium-lengthed straight hair.

"So, how has life been like for you?" Sohee asked.

Joyun sighed. "Hmm...I dunno. I've got quite an average life right now. Working as an accountant. Such a pain, all that math." The girls laughed.

"Anyone new in your life?" Sohee asked in a girly voice.

Joyun smiled. "Nah. Haven't fallen for anyone since. . . uh. . . a while. You?"

Sohee blushed. She didn't really want to answer that. She hadn't told Joyun about who she'd been with for these past couple of days.

"Well, I haven't really told you, but keep it a secret, okay?"

Joyun nodded, a little confused. "Ye, sure. What?"

Sohee lowered her voice. "I've been working for SM Entertainment."

Joyun gasped. "Ani, no way! Really? Sweet! How's the job? Actually, what is your job?"

"I'm . . . I'm a songwriter now." Sohee replied.

Joyun's eyes widened. "Omo, how nice! I always loved the songs you wrote in high school! Lucky! But I thought that you have been living in America?"

Sohee nodded. "Ye, SM have an office over in California. I write songs and give them to my manager, who works in that building."

Joyun was impressed. "Wow! Nice! Looks like you are quite famous too. What songs have you written?"

Sohee laughed. "The famous ones?" Joyun nodded.

"Let's see. . ." Sohee said, thinking. "Ah! Lovely Eyes, Remember Us, Soft Words, Lu-cha-ching." Just to name a few. Sohee didn't really want to brag.

Joyun smiled. "Oh! I love Soft Words! By Super Junior, right?"

Sohee nodded. "Ye, they sang it well."

"Amazing! Wow! You've been doing quite well, then, haven't you?"

Sohee didn't answer. I don't think that betraying your childhood friend is considered 'doing well'. It leaves you with this bad feeling of guilt. But, I can't tell you that, Joyun.

The waiter came to take the orders and the friends had to frantically look through the menu to pick. When the food came, Joyun and Sohee ate silently. After a while, Sohee looked up from her tomato soup and saw Joyun looking back at her instead of eating her own spaghetti.

"Mwuh?" Sohee asked.

Joyun shrugged. "Dunno. There's something different about you."

Sohee's heart pounded wildly. "Huh?"

"You . . . don't seem yourself. You. . . don't seem. . . happy. And that's unusual. Is there something wrong?" Joyun asked.

Sohee bit her lip and hesitated. The guilt was shown on her face. She desperately wanted to tell Joyun, to tell Joyun everything.

Sohee sighed. "When we're done, do you wanna talk outside?"

~ ~ ~

"So, I knew something was up. What's wrong?" Joyun said. Sohee was frowning deeply now.

"I . . .I've fallen in love." Sohee replied.

Joyun gasped. She hadn't seen that coming. On the phone, they'd never talked much about love. Joyun thought that it would be awkward after Sohee had broken up with Junho for so long.

. . . Wait a minute. What if Sohee has fallen in love with. . . Junsu?! Sohee wouldn't have come back to Korea just for vacation. It must be because she's in love with Junsu, right? Oh, no! Why is my heart aching?

Sohee sighed and blushed. "I haven't told you, but I've been living at Junsu's house for the past few weeks."

". . . You have?!" Joyun had no idea. Lucky...

Sohee nodded. "I didn't really want to tell you on the phone because, well, girl talk is usually face to face."

Joyun nodded, telling her to continue what she was saying.

Sohee bit her lip. "Well, you know that Junsu is in JYJ, right?"

Joyun nodded and a thought came up in her head. Is Sohee only liking Junsu for his money?!

"Well, you know the other 2 memebers?" Sohee asked.

Joyun nodded. "Yoochun & Jaejoong."

"Well.. " Sohee said, nervous.

Joyun sighed. This is it. This is when Sohee declares her love for Junsu. Then I'll have to smile and pretend to be happy, encourage her to confess to him, when years ago, I couldn't even do the same myself. This will be the moment when I realize how foolish I was, and still am. I'm going to feel so bad for crushing on Junsu once they start dating.

"The truth is. . ."Sohee said.

Joyun held her breath.

"I'm . . . I'm . . . in love with . . .J. . ." Sohee said in a small voice.

Just say it, it''s okay, Sohee. Joyun thought. I won't be affected. Joyun lied to herself.

"I'm . . . in love with Jaejoong!" Sohee finally blurted.

Joyun blinked. "Did I hear that right?"

Sohee nodded, her cheeks red. Omo, it's been so long since I've told anyone that I liked someone.

Joyun couldn't help herself. She smiled. "Really?!"

Sohee nodded again and looked down.

"Oooh! That is so CUTE!" Joyun squealed.

Sohee shushed her friend. Joyun smiled again. "i can't believe it! I thought that you would say. . ." She paused.

"Say what?" Sohee asked.

Joyun shook her head. "It's nothing."

Sohee frowned and started to argue, but Joyun changed the subject. "So, you've been living with Junsu, but you're in love with Jaejoong?"

Sohee nodded. "Ye."

Poor Junsu. He's probably thinking that if he let Sohee live with him, she'll fall in love with him. But it's the opposite. Instead, she fell in love with his hyung. Nice.

"But the thing is. . ."Sohee said.

"Yeah?"

"Jaejoong asked me out." Sohee said.

"HUH?! WOW! Good for you, So-So!" Joyun cheered happily, even though she still felt bad for Junsu. At least Sohee's happy.

"But. . . I haven't said 'yes'." Sohee said.

Now Joyun was confused. "Mwuh? But you like him, how come you-"

"I have my reasons." Sohee whispered.

" . . . What reasons?" Joyun asked. What could possibly stop her from dating someone she liked?

Sohee sighed. Then she told Joyun her secret.