Reasons

Star Catcher

Junsu cooked up another egg and laid it on the plate. He smiled to himself. "Perfect!"

Junsu looked at the two appealing plates of breakfasts. They both had the same thing, eggs, bacon, sausages, and potatoes. Junsu was pretty proud of himself. However, he noticed that there was something missing. What is it, though? he wondered.

"Ah! A drink!" he said aloud, snapping his fingers.

He ran to the refrigerator and opened it up. There was ice, cold water, all kinds of soda, wine, tea, and milk. But no orange juice.

Junsu sighed. I wanted this to be an American breakfast with Sohee!

He grabbed the milk. I guess milk would also work, too.

Junsu poured the milk into two tall glasses and placed the cups by the plates. He smiled at his creation and began to pull out forks and knives from the shelves.

"Junsu?"

He turned around and saw something even better than breakfast. Sohee was wiping her eye tiredly while her hair was still messy from sleeping. And she had Hello Kitty pajamas! Junsu couldn't control his excitement.

"Noona!!! You look absolutely adorable!" he squealed.

Sohee blinked. "Huh?"

"Never mind. Come have breakfast, Sohee. I made it!" Junsu said.

Sohee's eyes went wide. "You made this, Junsu? How sweet! Thanks!" she said.

They sat down and ate Junsu's food. Junsu's mother came out of her room.

"Aww! Junsu is such a gentleman!" she said with a smile. "Junsu, you made breakfast?"

He nodded before taking another bite out of his eggs. "It dulishus." he said, talking with his mouth full.

His mother laughed. "Junsu, your manners! By the way, since it's a weekend, why don't you take Sohee around today? She hasn't been in Korea for so long!"

Sohee stopped eating. "Um . . . sorry, imo. I have . . . things to do today. I would really like to go, but I can't. Maybe another time." Junsu noticed that Sohee sounded slightly nervous. Maybe she's still nervous about living here after so long, Junsu thought.

"That's okay, noona." Junsu assured her. "I'll go with you another time."

Sohee smiled. "Thanks." She felt bad for turning Junsu down. They used to hang out all the time. Coming back and not being with her long-time friend was hard. But work had to come first.

After finishing breakfast and gulping down his milk, Junsu stood up. "Noona, I'm going to be out with Jaejoong and Yoochun today, okay? If you're not busy, you can join us, alright?"

Sohee nodded. "Definitely."

Junsu grabbed his coat, phone, and wallet. He waved at Sohee and walked out the door.

Sohee put the dishes in the sink, decided to wash them that night, and went to wash her face. After combing her hair and putting on clothes, she called the Boss.

"Where will we meet?" she asked.

"How about the restaurant near the office?"

"Five Star Korea?"

"Yes."

 Sohee walked out to the living room. She spotted Junsu's mother, who was busy watching a drama.

"Imo, I'm going to go out for a while, okay?"

Junsu's mother nodded, not looking away from the screen. "Don't get lost!" she added when she finally looked up.

As Sohee headed to the door, she saw a maid in the kitchen cleaning the dishes. Wow, I forget that Junsu had hired maids. I guess I don't have to wash dishes now! Sohee thought cheerfully.

Sohee walked to the curb and waited for a taxi. When it came, Sohee felt a sense of home in her heart. I remember that the taxis in Korea were gray, while the ones in the United States are yellow. They have a different style, too.

Soon, Sohee arrived at Five Star Korea. It really was new. It was super clean and the lights were bright. The Boss was sitting in a chair near the entrance. He looked up from his phone, which was expensive and was currently on an internet page about Korea's daily news.

"Two?" the waitress asked.

Sohee and the Boss nodded. They headed to a table near the front window.

Before Sohee could sit down, the Boss spoke up. "Give us a table with more privacy, please."

The waitress apologized and led them to a different table. It was located in the back, where there were not as much people and it was much more quieter.

'Will this table do?" the waitress asked.

The Boss nodded. He grunted and sat down. Sohee sat on the opposite end. The waitress handed them two menus and left.

"Have you settled into Kim Junsu's home?" the Boss asked quietly.

Sohee nodded.

"Good." he said, putting his hand on his chin.

"Boss, I don't really think - "

"This is not about what you think. This is about what we think!" Boss said, referring to SM Entertainment when he said 'we'.

"Can you tell me why I have to do this?" Sohee asked.

"I'd rather not say it here." the Boss said, looking around at the restaurant.

"There's only three people over there. And they're too far to even hear." Sohee said.

"I don't trust these-"

"If I don't know why I have to do this, I'm not going to!" Sohee said angrily.

The Boss frowned at her. " If it must be told, you mustn't speak of it to anyone."

Sohee sighed, impatient. "I know! Just tell me!"

The Boss cleared his throat. "Do you remember when JYJ used to be members of TVXQ?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, when these three separated from the group, all was rage."

"Duh." Sohee muttered.

"And then," the Boss continued. "They filed a law suit against us, SM Entertainment!"

" I know." Sohee said, rolling her eyes.

"And they won, remember? So, we were upset, which was a natural thing. I mean, who wouldn't be?"

Who was the one who wasn't fair in the beginning? SM Entertainment! They were the ones who were unfair to Junsu and them! Sohee thought. But she didn't say anything. After all, she herself was part of this company.

"Then JYJ didn't stop there!" the Boss said, throwing his hands in the air out of frustration. "They even wrote songs about it! They showed it to the whole world and squashed us like we were nothing! We were very, very mad. They made us sound so evil! It wasn't even that bad! They made us sound like we were devils from the underworld!"

Okay, now you're being a little dramatic.

"Don't you see, Sohee? We could not let such terrible things happen to us. So we decided to do something about it. That was when I found out that you were Junsu's childhood friend. That's why we made you fly back to Korea, away from Los Angeles and your family."

Sohee didn't know what to say. She looked down. The Boss's reason was not . . . reasonable! How could they do this? It was way too-

"Sohee? Any thoughts?" the Boss said.

Sohee hesitated. "I really don't think that making me come here is the best thing to do, Boss."

"You are the perfect way to help us be lifted up from what happened." the Boss said.

Sohee didn't want to do this. It was wrong and it was hard. How could she ever lie to Junsu, her friend? It was not something she would be proud of.

The Boss sensed her feelings and immediately reminded her. "You have a whole lot of money to gain from this, Sohee."

"I . . . I just . . . want to write songs! That's my job! Not this!" Sohee said.

The Boss glared at her. "If you want to be able to continue writing songs, this is what you have to do!"

The waitress came back. "What would you guys like to have?"

"I was just leaving." Sohee said icily.

The waitress looked worried. "Um, alright then. What about you, sir?"

The Boss cleared his throat. "I haven't decided. Come back later." The waitress walked away.

The Boss spoke up. "Before you leave, I need to tell you to call me if you have any information on JYJ. Got that?"

Sohee sighed. Now her job was on the line. She couldn't let that happen. "Okay. . ."