First Date

Star Catcher

Jaejoong pulled Sohee out of the car. He led her to a tall building that had pretty, colorful lights hanging near the windows. The building was large and grand. It looked very fancy.

"What is this place?" Sohee asked.

Jaejoong smiled and put his fingers to his lips silently. He didn't say anything and entered the building. What awaited inside was a shock for Sohee. The smooth, polished floor. The beautiful, bright chandelier. The neat, long tables and fancy chairs. It was like a mansion. Or a mansion's kitchen. But bigger.

"Woah. .  ." Sohee breathed.

Jaejoong smiled at her reaction. "Come on, So-So. We can look later. We have a dinner to attend to."

Sohee nodded wordlessly and continued to walk with Jaejoong to the elevator. He pressed the button and the elevator slid open. They headed inside. When they reached the 5th floor, they entered.

It was a huge restaurant. There were waiters and waitresses walking around. The customers were eating huge, fancy plates of food. The room smelled very pleasant as well. Sohee's stomach growled softly and she tried to cover up the sound with a cough.

"Jaejoong, this is a beautiful place."

He smiled. "I knew you'd love it."

They sat down at a table near the windows. The view was incredible. The lights outside were so breath-taking. It was a wonderful as the view at the 63rd building. They weren't as high up, though.

"You didn't tell me to wear something more elegant. Now I look to casual for this place." Sohee said, frowning at her sweater and jeans.

"Well, this was actually a last-minute plan. I didn't really think of going on a date today. Luckily, there's still a table tonight. Usually, this place is crowded." Jaejoong responded.

"Well, last-minute or not, it's very romantic." Sohee smiled.

After dinner, Jaejoong paid and took Sohee on another trip. He hadn't really thought of a specific location. He just wanted to spend time with her. He tried to forget about Junsu's sad face. It was hard. Junsu was such a good person. Jaejoong couldn't bear the guilt, but he really did love Sohee, which was the only reason why he could still date her even though he felt so bad. The more time Jaejoong spent with Sohee, the more he loved her.

"Where is this place?" Sohee asked, interrupting Jaejoong's thoughts.

"Oh. . .um, this place is. . . actually a place where I go when I just want to think by myself. Yoochun and Junsu are great, but sometimes I want a place just for myself to think."

Sohee was touched by Jaejoong's sweet confession. "Jaejoong, thanks for sharing this place with me."

Jaejoong's secret location was actually the top of a hill next to a big, green tree. He could see any building up here. That was one thing he loved about it. It let him think that he could be anywhere in the world. Sohee shared the same feeling the moment that she saw it. The dark night and the millions of lights made it very pretty and perfect.

Jaejoong glanced back at Sohee who was busy staring at the scene. He stepped near her and hesitantly grabbed her hand. Sohee stared in surprise and let Jaejoong hug her. He swung her around in circles while she giggled.

"What kind of date is this?" she asked between laughs.

"The weirdest date I've ever had." Jaejoong answered.

"Ha ha! Jaejoong, you're mean! Are you saying that I'm the weirdest girl you've ever dated?!"

"Ani. I didn't mean it like that." he said.

"Yes, you did!" Sohee stuck out her tongue at him and stepped away.

They continued to tease each other for a while until they finally stopped being hyper. (Yes, the dessert at that restaurant had lots of sugar. . .)

It was during this time that Sohee remembered about what her Boss had said. He wanted more information about JYJ by the end of the week. Shoot, I don't wanna talk about it! But that evil boss is going to fire me if I don't follow orders! Oh, no. What to do? Should I ask Jaejoong something? I don't want to, but it's the only thing I can do to keep my job. . .

"Jaejoong, I heard from Junsu that you are going to be in a drama?" Sohee said.

"Ah!" Jaejoong exclaimed, recalling the memory. "Ye, I am. It's called Protect The Boss."

"That's great! Congrats!" Sohee said happily.

Jaejoong grinned. "Thanks. But it's just the secondary main character. I had auditioned to be the main character, but in the end, they decided to make me the other character. At least it's not as much work."

Suddenly, a chill ran down Sohee's spine. She clearly remembered the Boss's words. When she had told the boss about Jaejoong's future drama, he looked like he had a plan. Could it be. . . the boss somehow arranged it so that Jaejoong wouldn't get the leading role?! Ani. . . that can't be true. He has no one that he can manipulate to do that. Right? But. . .he said that he had other spies too. No! This means that I am to blame for Jaejoong's position as the secondary character?! This is horrible. I had no idea that the boss would do such a thing. Maybe the boss didn't want Jaejoong to stand out as much, so he gave secret orders to make Jaejoong be a different character!

Sohee had the urge to just confess to Jaejoong, tell him the real reason why she came back to Korea. Tell him about her secret. Tell him that she had come to do bad things to him and the others. But she knew that if the truth was told, Jaejoong would not love her anymore. He would break up with her and her second relationship would have ended even quicker than her first. She couldn't bear seeing Jaejoong's face if she told him everything. All she could do was pretend to not know anything about Boss's plans. All she could do was love Jaejoong and hope for the best.