Choices

Star Catcher

Sohee could not believe her ears. Did Jaejoong seriously say what I thought he said? She was so surprised. Jaejoong had just asked her out. Jaejoong, the beautiful, handsome, smart, and perfect Jaejoong. Asking Sohee, the ordinary, sneaky, betraying friend that was supposed to ruin his life. Jaejoong is a really nice guy to even consider me a possible girlfriend. Sohee thought to herself. Am I seriously insulting myself?!

"Sohee?" Jaejoong said.

Sohee blinked. "Oh! Ne?"

"Uh. . . are you alright?"

Sohee stood up straighter. "Ye, ye, I am! Mianhe, you took me by surprise! I didn't know that you. . . liked me."

"Ye, I . . . really do like you. I'm . . . in love with you." Jaejoong said in a small voice.

They blushed and looked down. There was silence for about a minute. Jaejoong sighed. "Sohee, you haven't answered me yet."

Sohee took a deep breath. "I don't have an answer yet. . . so, please wait for me. I'll . . . think about it. I'll make sure to make my choice seriously. Alright?"

Jaejoong gave a small nod and went back to the couch full of hope, nervousness, and shyness. After all, he had just asked her out! Anybody would be full of feelings after that! Meanwhile, Sohee crawled back to her room in confusion, happiness, and undecidedness.

What to do? What to do? I had no idea! All this time, Jaejoong had been in love with me and I didn't even know! How clueless am I? I am so unworthy of being with him. Even though . . . I am also in love with him. Aish!  I don't know what I'm supposed to do!!!!

Sohee laid her exhausted head on her desk. She tried to drown out the thoughts and just relax. Sohee really didn't know what to think or do.

Suddenly, Sohee's phone rang, surprising her fully. She sat up and looked at her phone. The number was unknown. Who could it be? Sohee wondered.

She hesitantly pressed the 'talk' button. "Yoboseyo, who is this?"

"Um . . . is this Song Sohee?" said the other voice.

"Ne, that's right. Who is this?" Sohee asked.

"Ohmygosh! Sohee?! It's really you?! Omo, omo! Ye, ye! I finally found you!"

Sohee stayed silent for a while. "Um, once again, may I ask who this is?"

"Oh! Ye, mianhe, Sohee. I was so happy, I forgot to reply. Do you remember who Lee Joyun is?"

Sohee gasped in surprise. "Joyun?! It's you?! It's been so long! Too long! Oh my, I miss you so, so ,so much!"

"Ye, I do, too! We were such good friends in high school!" Joyun squealed.

"Ye, ye, in middle school, too! I remember! Omo! How'd you find me?" Sohee asked.

Joyun laughed on the other end. "Well, to tell you the truth, I saw you at the restaurant the other day."

"Oh..."

"Ye, you were with this old man and when you left, I went over to him and asked if it was you. He said yes! So I immediately asked him for your phone number. That's how I called you." Joyun explained.

"He actually let you have my phone number?" Sohee asked in surprise.

"Ne, he did." Joyun replied. "Actually, Sohee, I have a question."

"Sure, speak." Sohee said.

Sohee heard her breathe heavily on the other end. "Um, is he. . . your . . . lover? Or . . . husband?"

"MWUH?!" Sohee shouted.

"Ah, I guess not. It's just that, you know, people tend to marry at this age or so. So I thought maybe-"

"Ani, ani! Definitely not!" Sohee said immediately.

"Oh, mainhe, Sohee. I didn't really know. I saw you two sitting at the restaurant, so I assumed. . ."

"He's my boss, I work under him." Sohee replied.

Joyun heard iciness in Sohee's voice and knew instantly that Sohee did not like him. They had been friends for so long that she knew how Sohee felt by heart. Most of the time.

"Sohee, is everything alright?" Joyun asked.

Sohee sighed. "I. . . don't know."

~~~

It's been three days since Jaejoong confessed to Sohee. She still had no response. Whenever he came over to Junsu's house, she would somehow get an excuse to not talk to him. She would stay on her room, go out for shopping, or just plainly ignore him if they were in the same room. Jaejoong was starting to think that Sohee was giving hints that she didn't want to go out with him. But what Jaejoong didn't get was why she couldn't just say it instead of ignoring him. As for Junsu and Yoochun, they were getting plenty of attention from Sohee.

"Junsu, would you like some lemonade, there's some in the fridge."

"Sure, noona. Kumsahamnida."

Sohee smiled. "No problem. And you, Yoochun?"

Yoochun looked away from Sohee. "Uh . . . sure."

Sohee disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Jaejoong sad and irritated at the same time. She asks them both, but not me? What's going on?! She used to be so friendly with me! I hate this!

Sohee breathed in and breathed out slowly as she poured lemonade into two cups. Calm down, Sohee. Just because Jaejoong didn't say anything to you, it doesn't mean that he's waiting for an answer. You can answer him once you have made your decision. Be wise.

Sohee sighed and drank down a whole cup of lemonade. Oh, shoot! That was supposed to be for Yoochun and Junsu! Aish! Silly me, I'm thinking about Jaejoong too much. Forget that he's here. Just pay attention to Yoochun and Junsu.

Sohee washed the cup that she accidentally drank and poured more lemonade into it. Then she went back to the living room and handed one to Junsu and Yoochun.

"Thanks." Yoochun said. But he dared not to look at her. It's so awkward! She's in love with me, but I'm not! Yoochun thought.

"Thanks, noona." Junsu said, smiling at her.

Sohee smiled back. "Ye."

Jaejoong stood up. "Well, I guess I'll get one for myself. Is that alright, Junsu?"

Junsu drank his lemonade. "Ye, anytime, hyung!"

Jaejoong sighed and went to the kitchen, jealous and unhappy. He poured himself some lemonade and went back to the living room. Sohee was no where in sight. He blinked to make sure. She wasn't.

"Where did Sohee go?" he asked.

"Back in her room." Junsu replied.

Jaejoong frowned and sat back down.

Unbeknownst to JYJ, Sohee was actually in her room talking to Joyun. They'd been on the phone with each other everyday lately. Talking about the past, the present, about random stuff. Sohee was glad to have girl talk after living with her dongsaeng for a while. Junsu was a great friend, but talking with Joyun had always been much better.

"Sohee, do you want to meet up somewhere and talk?" Joyun asked.

"Huh? Ye, let's do that!" Sohee said.

"Right now?"

"Ye, where do you wanna meet up? You live around here, right? Can you pick a place?" Sohee asked.

"Ye, how about Fresh America? It's an american restaurant, I'm sure you'll like it. You've been living in America for a while, right?"

"That's right. I'll see you in fifteen minutes, I'm going to search for the address. Okay?" Sohee said.

Joyun agreed and they ended the talk. Sohee went online and wrote down the address. She put it in her bag and put her jacket on.

"Noona, where are you going?" Junsu asked as Sohee walked across the room.

"I'm going to go meet up a friend. I'll tell you later, bye!"

With that, Sohee was gone. Jaejoong tilted his head down. I guess she isn't going to tell me today either.


Thank you for reading! The next chapter will be about Sohee's past. I'm sorry if this chapter isn't about what you expected, but please continue to read this story!