The Mall

Star Catcher

Yoochun stared at the view in front of him: His mother in their ice cream shop, greeting customers, and customers praising her, saying that she should be proud to have such a nice son. Yoochun smiled shyly and looked away, eating his  vanilla ice cream.

Jaejoong and Junsu had decided to go to his mother's ice cream shop. After all, it was a nice, sunny day and ice cream was perfect. Yoochun's mother was getting a lot of customers because of the weather. But spending time at his mother's ice cream shop on a weekend was a waste. There was no work today, so why not go have some fun somewhere? Yoochun loved his mother, but once he finished his ice cream, he would become bored.

"Junsu," Jaejoong said, biting his mango ice cream. "Where's your noona?"

Junsu looked up from his green tea ice cream. "She said she had stuff to do, so she couldn't come with me."

"I see." Jaejoong said, disinterested in his boring topic. He went back to his ice cream.

Yoochun sighed. "We should find a place to go to."

Junsu made a slirping sound from his ice cream. "Yoochun, what do you mean?"

"After ice cream, lets go somewhere fun." Yoochun said. He was already creating a list in his head about what places to go to that would be fun.

"Yoochun," Jaejoong said. "What's the rush? Today is so warm and summer-like. Don't you want to just stay here, eating ice cream?"

"Hyung, I thought you liked to drink things more than eat things. Why don't we go to a bar after this? My treat." Yoochun said with a grin.

Jaejoong grinned right back. "Deal."

Junsu's phone suddenly buzzed. "Oh!" he said, surprised. He almost dropped his ice cream cone. Holding it carefully in one hand, he took his phone out of his pocket and pressed the talk button.

"Hello?" he said. The person on the other end of the phone said something and Junsu suddenly had a huge grin on his face. I wonder who it is . . . Yoochun wondered.

"Alright, noona. I'll meet you there, okay? Bye!" Junsu said, ending the call. Oh, of course it was his noona. Yoochun thought. Who else could make him so happy?

"Was that your noona again?" Jaejoong asked.

Junsu nodded happily. "Yep. She's not busy anymore. I'm going to go pick her up at my house. Do you guys want to come?" he asked.

"Sure!" Yoochun said, happy to have somewhere to go.

Jaejoong frowned. "What about my drink?" he asked Yoochun.

"I can get you that anytime." Yoochun said with a wave of his hand.

"You promised!"Jaejoong complained. "Right after ice cream!"

Junsu sighed. "Are you going or not? I'm leaving." He was already putting his jacket back on.

Yoochun nodded again. "Of course. I'm coming."

Junsu looked over at Jaejoong, who was still sitting lazily on the chair, eating his ice cream. "How about you, Hyung?"

Jaejoong ate his ice cream, thinking. Then he said, "If I don't come along, I'm going to become a loner." Which meant a 'yes'. Jaejoong stood up from his chair and grabbed his coat too.

Yoochun went to tell his mother that he was leaving. With a wave goodbye, the three of them walked back to the parking area. Today, they had all come in Junsu's car. Junsu clicked his car and it unlocked. He got into the driver's seat. Yoochun sat in the front with him, while Jaejoong sat in the back, all the space for himself.

As Junsu drove off, Yoochun sighed. "Maybe we should go to my mom's ice cream shop on a less busy time. Many customers can see us, and autographs take forever. I really don't think ice cream is easy to eat when you're a celebrity."

Jaejoong laughed. "Did you see the ajumoni that was taking your picture behind a wall? She was acting like a spy!"

Junsu snickered. "Hyung, I have to say the same for you! Those teenage girls were screaming their heads off, just seeing you your ice cream!"

They continued teasing each other until they arrived in front of Junsu's house. Sohee was already there, waiting at the curb. She was dressed formally, like usual. A short-sleeved, white blouse,a pale green skirt and her hair was tied up in a ponytail. To Yoochun, she looked as if she were going to an interview for a job, or something.

Sohee waved as the car halted in front of her. Junsu opened his car window to speak to her. "Sohee, sit in the back with Jaejoong. I brought them along, if you don't mind."

Sohee shook her head fervently. "No, that's absolutely alright. The more, the merrier, right?"

She opend the car door and Jaejoong scooted to the left. Sohee sank down into the seat and closed the door. She sighed. "Junsu, your car seat has very good material!" she complimented.

Junsu smiled from the rear view mirror. "Thanks."

He started to drive again. "Where are we going?" Sohee asked.

"On a tour created by JYJ." Junsu said with a smile.

Sohee laughed. "Oh, how interesting."

"By the way, noona, where were you?" Junsu asked.

Sohee suddenly had a pained expression on her face and Junsu regretted asking. But she composed her face into a calm expression again. "I was talking with my boss from work."

"He lives in Korea?" Junsu asked, confused.

"N-No, uh, he, um, was... talking with me on the, uh, phone." Sohee said in a super-quick voice.

"I see." said Junsu.

Yoochun raised his eyebrow at Junsu's complete ignorance to Sohee's weird answer. He didn't even have a clue that something was up. He knew her for years and Yoochun only knew her for twelve seconds! Yoochun smiled to himself, knowing that Junsu was always like this.

In the back, Jaejoong turned his head to look at Sohee with slight concern. "Did you have a fight with your boss?"

Sohee stared at him in surprise. "No, no! That wasn't it. I'm fine, nothing's wrong!" she smiled reassuringly at Jaejoong and he smiled back politely.

"After touring let's go do karaoke, how about that, Sohee?" Junsu suggested.

Sohee grinned. "Ye, Junsu."

They brought Sohee to the COEX Mall, which she happened to like a lot. What made the boys the most happiest was when they went into Evan Records, a shop to buy CDs and DVDs of all kinds. Sohee bought Jaejoong's movie, Heaven's Postman. She bought Yoochun's drama, Sungkyunkwan Scandal too, but since Junsu had no movies or dramas, she bought his album Xiah EP. She even bought Their Rooms, Our Story, an album that JYJ had previously released. Many of the songs were composed by them.

"Wow, you really are a fan." Jaejoong said, clearly pleased that Sohee had bought it.

Sohee giggled. "I've been meaning to buy it for so long! I love the songs on here, but I'm always so busy doing....stuff, you know?"

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu suddenly bursted out laughing. Sohee stared at them like they were aliens. "What?" she asked.

"For a second there, we thought you meant U-Know Yunho when you said 'you know?' " Junsu explained.

"Speaking of albums, our next one is coming out soon." Yoochun said.

Jaejoong and Junsu nodded. Jaejoong said, "But we still need to add a few more songs, don't we?"

"Ye," Yoochun replied. "Noona, please buy our next album." he said to Sohee.

Jaejoong elbowed Yoochun. "She's younger than us, Yoochun. Why'd you call her 'noona'? Please forgive Yoochun, Sohee."

Sohee laughed. "It's alright. And, of course I'll buy the next album. As long as...I 'm not busy." Then her face went blank again.

Sensing her spirits down, Yoochun and Jaejoong headed out of the shop, because Junsu did not even notice her tone when she said the last part. Sohee followed them out of the store and smiled down at her bag of CDs and DVDs. "Thank you for bringing me here. I  had a great time." she said politely.

"Noona, you want to go home already?" Junsu asked, surprised. I always thought that girls took a long time at the mall.

"Well, I don't want to be a bother to you all." Sohee said quietly.

Junsu laughed. "You're not bothering anybody, Sohee. Relax, let's continue shopping for a while before we go to our next stop."

"Where's that?" Sohee asked. But Junsu didn't answer, so they continued to shop. They went in clothing stores, electronic stores, super markets, and even jewelery stores! When they entered the book store, Sohee gasped.

"This is a big bookstore!" she exclaimed.

Jaejoong, Yoochun, and Junsu let her go off on her on. Junsu had told them that Sohee LOVED books. Now, Yoochun and Jaejoong had to agree. Her face, the moment they went in, was happy and delighted.

"I've never seen anyone be so happy to see books." Jaejoong observed.

"Me neither." Yoochun replied.

After buying a couple of books, they were pretty much done walking the mall. Well, most of it. COEX was way too big to have anyone shop through the whole building.

"Noona," Junsu said. "One more destination and then we'll go do karaoke!"

"Alright!" Sohee said, smiling. She'd bought so many things that it was tiring her.

"Where's the next place?" Jaejoong asked. But Junsu shook his head and headed out of the mall.

They drove to Yeouido and arrived at a very tall building. It was over 800 feet high. They all got out of the car to look at it.

"Isn't this . . . the 63 Building?" Sohee asked.

Junsu, Yoochun, and Jaejoong nodded. To their astonishment, Sohee started to cry.

Junsu gasped. "Noona! Noona, what's wrong?!"

"It...brings back memories, that's all." Sohee answered through her tears.

Junsu smiled. "Remember the time we came here with our parents, Sohee?"

Sohee nodded happily. "Yes!"

Jaejoong handed her a tissue. "Here."

"Thanks." Sohee said, taking it.

"Jaejoong, why did you have tissue in your pocket?" Yoochun asked, surprised.

Jaejoong shrugged. " I don't know." He smiled at Sohee. "It must've been fate."

Yoochun and Junsu gave him a look. "Whatever," Junsu said. "Let's go in."

They entered the 63 building.