All Just Romeo and Juliettes

Will you be my Cinderella?

 

Though the lights turned back on, everyone’s hearts and minds were left in the dark. Who knew a few hours could do so much damage? The look on their faces were hurt and confused because what were they supposed to do? They knew that tonight had been a miracle and that asking for more would just leave them disappointed, but still it just didn’t seem fair. Seeing that there was no other reason to stay else they go look for their partners, everyone began to file out of the party.

 

Donghae never would have thought that he would have stayed for the whole thing. In fact, this would only be his second time. He remembered the first time he had come to the party it had been outside under the stars. Back then Super Junior had been an amateur group and felt nervous around all their sunbaes and sunbaenims. On that very night he had been so concerned with pleasing everyone that he had even attempted to break dance on the grass and slipped, tripping one of the other trainees at the time. (He smiled at the recollection.) He couldn’t seem to remember the girl from back then and it seemed to bother him. And if that wasn’t enough, he just couldn’t get “Koori” out of his mind either, not that she had ever left it. He scolded himself, curiosity kills the cat and I don’t have enough lives to play that sort of game.

 

Eunhyuk: Hey you alright man?

Donghae: (Breaks out of his trance) Huh? Oh, yea…

Eunhyuk: (Notices his empty pocket) Ooh, who’s the lucky girl? Or should I say unlucky? (Smirk)

Donghae: I’d say we’re both unlucky because at SM we’re like Romeo and Juliet huh? One of us is bound to get hurt.

Eunhyuk: Don’t be so emo! Hey at least it was fun right?

Donghae: Yea, but to be honest I can’t stop thinking about her.

Eunhyuk: (Worried) well if you really want to know so bad why don’t you go find her, she might not have left yet.

Donghae: No, it’s alright, I rather not find out who it is.

Eunhyuk: Scared she might turn out to be less beautiful than I am?

Donghae: Oh definitely.

Eunhyuk: Cheer up! (Puts his arm around his shoulder) Let’s go watch some movies

 

Donghae ended up going straight to his room. Propping his head on his hands he was deep into thought again. He brought his fingers to his lips and couldn’t stop himself from sniffing them. Strawberry. If only it could be like Cinderella where he could just go to every girl idol and ask what kind of lip gloss they used. If he could he would because honestly he would never be able to forget that kiss. Was it wrong to want more?