Romeo and Juliette's Farewell

Will you be my Cinderella?

 

Jessica: What was that all about?!?

Donghae: What was what all about? (Feigns innocence) Oh, the picture? It was free. (Acts preoccupied) Here, take your latte. 

Jessica: T-thanks... I think. 

 

Donghae started flipping through the menu pages to seem like he was too busy to answer. He took a sip of his latte and without noticing got cream on the top of his lip. 

 

Jessica: Donghae-ssi, Donghaeee, Lee Donghae! OPPA! (Sighing and shaking her head) Aish...

 

She leaned over and swiped her thumb over his top lip to get the cream. Not seeing any napkins, she shrugged her shoulders and just it off her fingertip. Mhm that was really sweet. She smiled. Yummy!

 

Little did she know that by the time she had leaned over Donghae had already come back to his senses so he saw everything; from wiping the cream to it. He felt a tingly feeling in his stomach. Even the touch of her fingers felt so familiar, yet… electrifying. Maybe that's why he had said to write "Cinderella and Prince Charming." To be honest, when Jessica asked him about what happened, he didn't know how to answer. Was it because she reminded him of Koori? Or had he started to hope that she was his princess?

 

Jessica: Donghae-ssi, are you not comfortable around me or something?

Donghae: N-no! It’s just you remind me of someone…

Jessica: Jinja? (Phone rings)

Donghae: Omo! Look at the time! I should be bringing you home!

Jessica: Sorry about that… (Turns on phone)

 

Brighter than Jewels Tiffany: Sorry to ruin your date, but Manager has a surprise for you! Come home soon!

 

Donghae: You alright? (Walking back from Cashier)

Jessica: Yea, the girls said there’s a surprise waiting for me at home… (Worried)

Donghae: (Laughs) Then why do you look so scared?

Jessica: Well last time I got a surprise, I ended up with cucumbers in my face (shudders).

Donghae thinks to himself, “that is so cute…”

Donghae: We’ll try to forget about that incident while we’re walking. Let’s talk about something happy!

Jessica: Like what?

Donghae: (Extends his elbow) Like… the party yesterday…

Jessica: (Hooks her arm into his) Oh that… (Looks at the floor)

Donghae: Uh-oh looks like I made the princess even gloomier.

Jessica: No, it’s just, I don’t know. Don’t you think it’s kind of sad how we get a taste of what it’s like to be a normal person? Then we have to pretend like it never happened?

Donghae: And it’s even worse when we know our other half is so close yet so far because we can never have each other? Kind of like…

Jessica: Romeo and Juliette…

Donghae: (Turns to Jessica) Exactly…

Jessica: (Suddenly realizing that he was so close) Well…

Donghae: Yea?

Jessica: Looks like we’re here. Thank you… for everything.

Donghae: (Is about to walk away but decides to stop) Hey!

Jessica: Yea?

Donghae: (Says slowly) do you think we could hang out again, some other time?

Jessica: (Starts to walk up the steps) I don’t know… (Turns) And I can’t promise anything… (Walks back down to Donghae) But…

 

She leans over the railing and plants a kiss on his lips. It was just as sweet as the cream she had tasted before and though she knew she was doing something forbidden, it only made the moment sweeter.

 

Jessica: (Whispers in his ear) I sure hope so… (Runs up the steps and opens the door)

She turns around and waves with a sad smile before walking into the apartment.

Donghae: (Says aloud to the night sky as he walks away with his hands stuffed in his pockets) Strawberry… 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't had an update for a few days, I got a small surgery so I had to stay couped up in bed T.T 
I checked the polls and ding ding ding! The winner is Kim Hyun Joong. If you guys realllyy want me to add someone later you can post a suggestion in the comments!