Hero

Will you be my Cinderella?

 

Okay. He thought to himself. Maybe staying wouldn’t be too bad this year. He remembered last year when he tried to make friendly conversation with a few of his dong-sangs, but always ended up surrounded by girls. They were all kind of course and undoubtedly attractive, but being around so many excitable “children” made him feel a bit uncomfortable. It didn’t seem to be any different this year, except there was an undeniable tension in the air as though magic was casted to conceal everyone’s true identities. We are all Cinderella waiting for the clock to strike 12. He glanced at his watch, the night was still young and he would have to stay for a bit longer out of courtesy. Deciding that he would have to go get a drink to keep himself busy he ordered himself a cocktail. He noticed that already a few girls were looking over to him, scared to venture any farther, but discontent with their distance. Donghae was known for his charisma and his bright and cheery character, but he was tired of these petty parties that never seemed to meet his expectations. But what did he really expect? He wondered.

 

Jessica: I really need a drink Tiff; I’ll be over there if you need anything.  

Tiffany: Waeyo? Didn’t you hear the director? We can talk and say whatever we want? Isn’t this exciting!?

Jessica: Maybe I’m just a bit worn out; I’ll be fine after I get something. Do you want anything?

Tiffany: (Worried expression) I’m fine, I’d like to remember this night actually.

Siwon: Eh hem, would you like this dance?

Jessica: Have fun. (She whispers)

 

She took small, quick steps as to avoid any attention. She wasn’t one for big parties and crowds. She needed something to calm down. For some reason it seemed as though everyone was seeing each other for the first time. She had already been stopped by a few guys and had even shared a few flirtatious words, but it felt wrong to be talking in such a manner with people she was sure she knew.


Jessica: Can I have a Long Island?

Bartender: Anything for the pretty lady (He said with a wink)

 

Heechul (from Ze:a) recognized her immediately. He glanced longingly at his noona, whom had been in his mind ever since he heard about the party. It would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce himself, but even with the mask he felt himself stumble as he approached her. But before he could, someone nudged him aside.

 

Jonghyun: Hey there pretty lady? Interested in some y love? (Wink)

He had been slightly drunk when he noticed someone who closely resembled his long time crush, Sica.

Jessica was in no mood to socialize tonight and politely rejected his offer, but Jonghyun persisted after hearing her familiar voice. Jessica tilted her head to the side and gave him a chilling stare.

Jessica: I said (sigh) no thank you.

 

By then a few other male idols had begun to surround her. Heechul stood there dumbfounded. What was he supposed to do now? Donghae who had been watching the scene play out amusingly felt a touch of excitement. “Break the rules for tonight, just one night though, so make these moments count,” huh?

In the blink of an eye he had pushed through the throng of lustful wolves and grabbed the damsel’s thin wrist.