Are We a Thing?

Will you be my Cinderella?

 

Director: Good job everyone! That’s it for today, everyone except for Jessica, Donghae, and Hyun Joong may go.

Everyone: Yes sir!

Director: (Pats Jessica’s shoulder) you’ve all exceeded my expectations, good job. However, that just makes this all the more difficult to decide on who should play our male lead. Because I’m not the sole decider I won’t be able to tell you today, however, expect to hear from me within the week. Thank you all for coming today.

Jessica: Thank you (bows facing all three of them).

Donghae and Hyun Joong both bow back at the same time and end up hitting each others’ heads. They both hold onto their head and glare at each other.

Jessica: (Giggles) well see you guys later!

KHJ: I’ll walk you (extends hand).

Donghae grabs onto her hand and leads her away before Hyun Joong can react and pulls her along quickly until they reach the elevator.

Jessica: Seems like you always save me, huh? (Smiles warmly)

Donghae: (Let’s go of her hand embarrassingly) yea, sorry about that…

Jessica: Don’t worry about it, I should be thanking you. Oh! How about I treat you!

Donghae: To?

Jessica: It’s a surprise (smiles mischievously).

Wow, she’s just so cute… I’m actually super excited.

 

She grabs back onto his hand and causes him to blush. Luckily, they go unnoticed because they both have yet to change back into their normal clothes.

This kind of feels like we’re a normal couple going on a date… She smiles to herself.

They notice a few whispers when they reach a quaint little bakery.

Girl: (Whispers) is that a hickey?

Other girl: Omo! I think it is!

Girl: I bet you he’s her girlfriend!

Other girl: Same. They look cute together!

 

Donghae overheard them and coughed awkwardly.

Donghae: So is that makeup or…

Jessica: Hm? (Looks down at her slightly opened shirt) What, this?

Donghae: Yea…

Jessica: (Looks back up to see a jealous Donghae) If I said it wasn’t… what would you say? (Smirks)

Donghae let’s his emotions show for a split second and his eyes are filled with anger.

I knew it, that Kim Hyun Joong is a sneaky bastard. If I see him again I’m going to –

Jessica: (Interrupts his thoughts) I was just kidding! Yea, it’s makeup, though Hyun Joong offered to make it more realistic… (Sees Donghae tense up again) As a joke of course!

Donghae: Ha-ha, how very funny of him…

Jessica: You okay? (Touches his forehead with her own) you seem a bit off.

Donghae comes back to his senses and looks into her eyes. They both blush.

Cashier: Your cream puffs ma’am.  

Jessica: Oh thank you!

 

She pays for the pastries and walks over to a table near the windows. She sits down and motions Donghae over. When he sits down awkwardly she opens up the paper bag and inhales a deep breath.

“Mmm! They smell delicious!” She sticks her hand in and takes one out to blow on. Then she leans over the table and puts it near Donghae’s mouth. “Say ahhh.” His lips remain closed and he looks at Jessica with wide eyes.

Is she really feeding me?

She stubbornly hits the cream puff against his mouth. “Com’on, open up!” He slowly parts his lips and bites into the cream puff and to his surprise he doesn’t taste the typical filling, but tastes strawberry! She looks satisfied that he took a bite and pops the rest of the cream puff into her own mouth.

Indirect kiss…

 

Jessica: Psh, you didn’t think I’d give you the whole thing did you? (Laughs because he looks shocked)

Donghae: U-um no that’s not why I’m surprised…

Jessica: Want more? (She didn’t seem to hear him) Let’s play a game. If you win then you get more (Smiles brightly since she loves games).

Donghae: Sure! Just don’t cry when you lose. (Sticks out his tongue)

She finds this extremely cute and suddenly thinks of an idea.

Jessica: Yeah, okay. How about we play truth or dare!

Donghae: Can you even win in that game?

Jessica: Well every time you do one you get one, happy?

Donghae: Fine!

Jessica:  I’ll start. Truth or dare?

Donghae: Um… truth!

Jessica: Are you and Yoona a couple?

Donghae: (Sticks out tongue) she’s not my type. My turn, are you and Hyun Joong a thing?

Jessica: Hey! I didn’t get to choose yet.

Donghae: Just answer it.

Jessica: Okay, fine. Nope, we never were and never will be. Truth or dare?

Donghae: Truth.

Jessica: Are you and the person everyone ships you with, a thing?

Donghae: Ha, what do you mean? My fans ship me with a lot of people so who are you referring to?

Jessica: A lot of people? Really? Like who?

Donghae: I can’t name them off the top of my head, silly.

Jessica: Fine, let’s look them up!

Donghae: Fine!

 

He picks up his phone and quickly opens a browser before Jessica can see his screensaver. He forgot that Heechul had changed it to a picture of him and her when they were singing in Barbie Girl, which reminded him to yell at him later, not that he minded that being on his phone, but it would have been embarrassing. Jessica noticed it though, but wasn’t exactly sure she had seen it correctly. He typed in ‘Donghae fan fictions’ and waited…