Chasing Her Away

Will you be my Cinderella?

 

Apparently Jessica’s costume was much more elaborate than he thought. Not only was her shirt slightly see through, but it was ed a BIT too much and if he leaned in just a bit more…

 

Jessica: YAH! Pay attention!

Donghae: (Lifts his head from where his eyes had strayed too…) hmm?

Director: So you’ll be doing one of the earlier scenes, where it’ll be the first time you meet her after having not seen her for years. Got it?

Jessica and Donghae: Yes!

Director: Alright, in your places? ACTION!

 

Donghae was shaking and he couldn’t keep his voice steady. He wasn’t ready for this audition and he felt as though this was just a waste of everyone’s time. No one in their right mind would pick some small town idol over an actor that was known worldwide in Boys over Flowers. And at the same time no one would pick Donghae over Kim Hyun Joong as a lover. But he just couldn’t accept the fact that he had just found his Cinderella. He didn’t want to lose to some evil stepmother, even if HE happened to be so much better than himself, or so he thought. His hands curled into fists and began to see himself as the character he was supposed to be portraying.  

 

[The girl walking towards him felt familiar. Where had he seen her before? Sure she was undeniably attractive, but he’d been with a few like those. She was different though. As she got closer he couldn’t help but recall a little girl with pigtails that wore a pink frilly dress with a circlet of flowers that adorned on her head, one that he had strewn together with his clumsy fingers. It was her farewell present, along with a silver necklace with a star on it. With all of his birthday savings that his dad had gotten him, he had managed to buy and engrave the token with the words “I’m Yours” as to say that no matter what separated them, no matter how far the distance, they would always be together. He would always be hers and she would always be his. It was his promise to her, but he had broken it.]

 

And now here she was, looking at him with wide eyes. She had dyed her hair after moving to America. He cast his eyes at the floor; he had changed drastically over the years and done many things that he wasn’t proud of, many of them being girls. She seemed to have maintained her purity and innocence. He didn’t have the heart to stain her. He was scared to ruin her. He had to scare her away.

 

He approached her with long arrogant strides.

Donghae: YAH! New girl, you single?

Jessica: Even if I was I wouldn’t be interested in you. Please move.

 

IF she was single? So she wasn’t single. Somehow it angered him that she hadn’t kept her promise that she had not waited for him. But he had done far worse. He couldn’t keep down the jealousy he was feeling.

 

Donghae: And what if I said no?

Jessica: No to what?

Donghae: To moving. To letting you go. What if I can make you interested in me.

 

[She shouldered him out of the way and ran off through the hallways before he could catch her. Gosh, she was just so cute. Throughout the day he attempted to track her down only to have her run away.]

 

He caught her eventually though. It wasn’t hard. He had found her wandering through the meadow behind the schools, picking flowers, just as he had seen her do years before. She was stretching and seemed uncomfortable for some reason. He watched as she slowly ed her collar to reveal a mark, a mark that triggered something in him.

 

Angry, he grabbed onto her catching her when she was vulnerable and confused. With a seductive smirk he slammed her wrists against the wall. As she winced in pain, he leaned in just close enough for her to see the tiny flecks in his menacing dark brown eyes that met with her equally as cold glare. Tilting his head he whispered into her ear, “I’ll make you mine, just you wait.” Just before he could ravish her full pouty lips, the director once again interrupted, “CUT!”  

 

It was as though he had woken from a trance; his adrenaline still pumping furiously. He hadn’t known what got into him, but after having seen the hickey mark on her neck he had felt a sudden rush that almost scared him. The amount of lust, desire, and helplessness led to actions which he feared would chase away all his chances with his Ice Princess…