Caught

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“Wah, these fans are pretty dedicated to these boys,” I commented as I ate my chips. I scrolled through the forums and read a few things, a bit amazed how the fans can get these things so fast. It was Saturday, and I was going to catch the live stream of 17TV again at 1pm.

“They haven’t debuted yet, but they already have Tumblr blogs dedicated to them and an international and official fansite. This company has stepped up its game,” I complimented as I munched. I signed up on a forum called dorm17, and it was actually an enjoyable forum, unlike the ones I joined.

They were friendly, helpful, and I even applied as a staff despite being new.

“I have to-“ Just then, my phone started ringing beside me. I furrowed my eyebrows, since it was my black phone. Black phone meant business right? I usually used my lime green phone. I got my phone and answered the call.

“Hello?”

“Is this Aiden Geum?” A man’s voice asked me as I mentally groaned. It was one of those business people who had sons and wanted to marry me to them.

Arranged marriages were so last millennium.

“Yes, Airborne Aiden here, why?” I asked him informally. Call me rude, but I didn’t like his son. He tried to feel me up, and I had broken his nose once, so we’re even.

“Your father expects you in the meeting right now. Adam Geum is already here, and your limo will pick you up-“

“No. Tell Mr. Geum I’ll arrive there on my own transportation device. Thank you.” I slammed my black phone on the table, sighing. I hated the meetings. They were always about sales, our economy, and boring stuff like that. They never actually talked about the clothes. It was always how to make them sell.

And in every meeting, I’m always Dude, if you’re fashion is great and unique, you will sell. What do you think of our customers, stupid?

Okay I admit, some of them are, but we shouldn’t degrade humanity now.

I quickly got up my seat and went over to my walk-in wardrobe. I opened it and saw that I had too many dresses, but not enough time to wear them. I picked through different shirts as I found a large tank top that way too big for me, but was stylish all the same. I then picked out a galaxy design leggings. I put them one and reached over to get my BIGBANG necklace.

I put it on my neck and looked at myself in the mirror. Not bad.

I never wore LITE’s clothes. I never liked the design, and it was too bright for me. I prefer mellow colors.

I then dashed out of my room, not forgetting the empty chip bag which I threw in the nearby trashcan. I ran down the stairs and passed the living room to go to the shoe rack. I sighed as I looked at it. The shoes there were all littered and confusing. My favorite pair of shoes were on the top of the shoe rack as I climbed to get it, since the shelves can serve as footholds.

Some may think that the shoe rack would collapse on me and kill me. Almost happened, but I was saved by Adam. This was why they called me Airborne. I was always up in the air if I can climb something. I only fell once, and because of my short height and exercise, I can manage to climb on roofs without a problem. I grabbed the pair of shoes and jumped down, rolling as to not break my ankle or foot.

I stood up triumphantly, lifting my favorite pair.

“Let’s roll.”

~.~

 

I passed by tons of houses, neighborhoods and shops as I weaved through people. I of course used my skateboard as a means of transportation.

“I wish I could see a dance studio somewhere here, my feet are itching to dance,” I said worriedly to myself, craning my neck to see if I can find any of those. I really loved to dance, and sometimes rap, so it would be great if I found an abandoned dance studio where I can practice. I didn’t like practicing in my house; it had CCTVs everywhere except my room and the bathrooms.

Still, I felt uncomfortable.

“Ah, LITE.” I stopped my board in front of a pure black building. It stood stories high beside a company called Pledis. I grabbed my board and went in the building.

Just then, I was greeted by people bustling and doing their own things. Meeting expectations, fuming, or even just outright cursing. Yup, that’s the fashion industry. Almost as vicious and difficult as the entertainment and music industry.

I walked towards the elevators, the people around me bowing before scuttling off. They knew who I was, yet I wished they didn’t. I didn’t like how they needed to bow to a 16 year old girl who knew nothing of fashion.

I rode the elevator up to the highest floor, getting out of it and entering the only room in the floor. I saw fashion representatives and men and women in suits as I strolled in loudly, sitting on a nearby chair near the circle

“So nice of you to join us Aiden Geum,” a businessman commented as a few snickers were heard. I rolled my eyes and dropped my board on the floor, putting my feet on it and crossing them.

“Go on.” I gestured for him to move on as he did so.

“Our sales have skyrocketed last year, and it was a big improvement. However this start of the year, it immediately plummeted once our last line went out. So now, we are going merge with Pledis Entertainment to let the young idols and trainees model our clothes. I have also concluded that no one liked pencil skirts anymore-“

“Of course everyone likes pencil skirts. It’s just that you stereotype it to become long, black and hugging the waist area. Why not make it original? Like cut some of the sides, put designs on it or something,” I suggested feverishly, annoyed.

“However, the pencil skirt will lose its simplicity, therefore-“

“Therefore it will enhance the clothing. Simplicity is for fabrics that already stand out on its own. If you want to make pencil skirts stand out more, then you should at least make it look appealing to other people. Sure you have models, but models don’t look like that everyday,” I interrupted, glaring at the reporter. Everyone turned to look at me as I studied my nails.

“Well, my daughter seems to have a point, but Mr. Hwang’s son just came back from the hospital-“

“You always find a reason to not accept my suggestions, isn’t that right dad?” I intervened as a cough was heard.

“Aiden, don’t start-“

“No Adam. I’m leaving. I gave my opinion, and that’s why I’m here. Good day to you all, and I advise you models to eat. No one likes looking like a stick.” And with that note, I grabbed my board furiously before going out of the room, slamming the door.

“Why the heck would they invite me in the first place into that meeting if they reject everything I say? It’s a meeting, a place for discussion. Stupid,” I muttered to myself. I pushed the wrong number on the elevator, sighing as I pushed the right number next.

The elevator stopped at the wrong floor as I sighed, looking around the floor. It looked safe and free of joy killers. I shrugged and got out of the wrong floor, rolling my skateboard around. I turned the corner and stopped. I got out on the floor which connected this building to the other. What was the other building called? Oh yeah, Pledis. The one with the spaceship logo.

I pushed myself on the skateboard and traveled on the bridge, seeing the view outside before I reached the other side.

“Oh. My. Chicken wings.”

The entertainment industry was really entertaining and bright. There were a bunch of paintings plastered on the walls, abstract and realistic. There were some kids painting the walls in the waiting area as everything had every color of the rainbow.

And it was mostly covered with lime green, my favorite color. Sweet.

“Excuse me, who are you?” a woman asked me suddenly as I stumbled back a bit, shocked. I blinked and racked my brain for an excuse.

“Uh…I’m the new trainee?”

“Good, I need you to come with me.” She turned her back to me as I watched her walk away and round the corner. I chuckled at her ignorance. I walked around, surveying the building. It was quite colorful, and it felt right at home. I bumped with a few people, but they didn’t suspect me.

I passed by a bunch of rooms, hearing people rapping and singing, hearing people dance as the instructor instructed them to dance. I also heard a few English songs being played, but then everything grew quiet as I reached the end of the long hallway. I opened the door and dropped my board loudly, my jaw dropping too as my eyes bugged out.

I was in the actual place where 17TV was always filmed. I blinked as I walked in, picking up my board slowly and closing the door quietly.

“Wow,” I breathed in amazement as I stood in the center of the room, completely amazed at how I’m actually here. A smile started to form as I found a nearby speaker.

“I think I found my dance studio. WHOO!” I ran to the speaker and plugged in my iPod, playing a random song to start my exercise. It was B.A.P’s One Shot.

I stretched for a bit before running around and touching everything. I even jumped on the trampoline once and recounted what happened in the live stream.

“Okay, time for rapping,” I told myself as I turned off my music. I closed my eyes first, imagining the screaming crowds, the fanchants, everything. I opened my eyes and saw it in front of me for a millisecond.

Money, is money what the world has come to?

Evil everywhere, liars and fakers eating up our society

Before the bad strikes, we should all stand up and fight back

No one can stop us warriors

 

Let’s all rebel and fight for our freedom

No one should live in a world like this

Full of media, personas and fake smiles

We should fight for our freedom

 

I rapped with whatever came to mind, and what came to my mind was how I was always rejected in the fashion company. How my ideas were shot down even before they were tried. I imagined my hatred for LITE.

After a few more verses, I ended the rap and panted for the effort.

“Okay, enough of hate Airborne. Let’s dance.” I put my music back on and it was surprisingly playing Hello Venus – Venus.

I danced to it happily, feeling completely girly and weird that I dance to this song.

I always danced to boy group dances, because even if I admit it or not, girl group dances are twice as hard. Where to shake your at, where to pat your hand, etc.

“So cool, boo~ So good, boo~” Hello Venus sang as I felt the song. It was about to end when the practice room door burst open.

“I know right? McDonald’s should be installed right here, beside our practice room and-HOLY POSEIDON, IT’S A FEMALE! RETREAT!” The boy in front of the large group shouted in horror as he screamed in a high-pitched tone that put mine to shame. He tried to escape when the smallest held him back.

“FEMALE! GIRL! WOMAN!” The boy kept screaming as I stopped my music, looking at them in fright.

“Don’t worry guys, I know her,” a boy assured as he stepped out of the group. I took in a sharp breathe as I realized it was the boy I bumped in a few days ago.

“You,” I breathed as he nodded, shoving his hands in his pocket, grinning.

“Yeah, me. Finally, I have the chance to talk to you. I’m Kim Mingyu, and this is Seventeen. Now, you have 5 seconds to explain before I call our manager.” 

 

author's note: Okay! So, first things first! I'll be awarding two people 3 karma who got the answer right every time I post a question! So, congratulations to Elleon_Luna and Hunhan13 for winning! I already transferred your karmas to each of you :) Okay! So, next question!

Who's the guy in the middle clapping?

So, that's the question! Oh! And I award 2 karma points if you guess which Pledis idol did I mention in my story! HINT: It's not one of the Seventeen boys :3

And, a link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:52pm