I Like You = You Like Me

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

It was more nerve-wrecking than reporting in class, which I didn’t have a problem with.

I walked down the runway in a stiff manner, trying to give off a cool and chic aura to mask my uneasiness. I was the only one without an earpiece because I actually know what works in the runway. All I needed was to strut, turn, pose for the cameras and strut back. All the other models are experienced or newbies. I was in between.

My grip on the side of my waist turned tighter as I leaned on my right to pose for the cameras. Trust me, it was as blinding as heck, but I couldn’t just pretend to fall, though it sounded awesome. After posing for a few more times, I turned around sharply like I practiced walking back in relief. I closed my eyes, letting out the breathe I never knew I held. I stepped down the mini stairs, going over to Hansol whose mouth was open in surprise.

I spread my arms to my sides nonchalantly, smiling.

“So, how’d I do?” I asked innocently, tilting my head as Hansol blinked in confusion.

“How’d you do? That walk was too stiff, girl.”

“No it wasn’t!”

“Oh yes it was! Now come on, we have to get you back to your old clothes and go back to the play,” Hansol quickly advised as I nodded. I followed him discreetly away from all the noise and people. He led me back to the broom closet I changed in, opening the door for me as I bounded inside, closing the door. I instantly changed into my dress before, flattening it and making sure my hair was in place. I opened the door again, seeing Hansol with his hands in his pockets, looking as dashing as ever.

I smiled and approached him, asking, “When’s my next runway appearance, manager?”

Hansol chuckled at me calling him my manager. He held his arm out as I took it, looping it around mine. We both walked leisurely to the exit, escaping the building to go back to the dance.

Under the bright stars, the two of us walked comfortably side by side.

“In an hour. Plenty of time to watch Mingyu hyung and dance right?” He prompted as I nodded absentmindedly, already getting a grasp of the plan. It was working so far, and Adam didn’t notice my appearance – of course he won’t, he has a show to run.

We reached the entrance of the dance as I immediately let go of Hansol’s arm, running over to the crowd of people clapping for the show. It was already going to end. I pouted sadly, not really seeing Mingyu act. Nevertheless, I clapped when Mingyu recited his last line, rising up from the stage as Shinyi hugged her new boyfriend.

“Woo! Go Mingyu oppa!” I cheered happily, pumping both fists in the air, jumping a bit like I was in concert. It was time for the bow and special mentions. I cheered the loudest when Mingyu’s name was announced. I could hear Wonwoo cheer with me. The actors, actresses and student council got off the stage to mingle with their friends.

I pushed through people to get to Mingyu who was getting a lot of attention from girls. He was practically surrounded by a sea of his fangirls. I held back, not wanting to ruin the moment for Mingyu.

“He’s getting popular now, huh?” I heard Hansol joke from beside as I nodded, laughing as Mingyu looked surprised when a girl asked for his autograph.

After his fanclub went away, Mingyu finally saw me. He waved sheepishly as I waved back, approaching him with Hansol.

“Did you like my acting? Was I believable?” Mingyu asked me childishly, his tone filled with expectation and excitement. I felt guilt claw in my heart as I forced out a smile. I saw Hansol glance at me in worry.

“Of course your acting was believable Mingyu oppa!” I lied, giving him a subtle thumbs up as Mingyu laughed happily.

Make him happy for now was what I thought that moment.

“Hansol, do you mind me stealing Aiden’s first dance?” Mingyu asked Hansol as I glanced at him curiously. Hansol looked like he was about to say something, but then decided against it. He smiled and nodded.

“Of course! She’s a great dancer after all. I’ll be by the buffet area, bugging Wonwoo hyung if you guys need me.” Hansol smiled at me, patted Mingyu’s back before turning away from us to go to the buffet table. I noticed something sad about Hansol’s smile, but Mingyu pulled me to the dance floor before I could react.

He pulled me to the middle of the dance floor, still in his white suit and angel wings. He put a light on my waist as intertwined my other hand in his. I put my hand on his shoulder firmly, smiling proudly at Mingyu. I can’t believe he acted on stage for the first time. Sure, I didn’t see it. But I bet he was amazing.

“Oh! Our angel here has found his angel princess! Any special song request for our manly angel?” The DJ, Bu Seunggwan (wants to be called DJ Bu) called out to Mingyu playfully as Mingyu blushed.

“How about you choose a song!” Mingyu shouted back as DJ Bu gave a thumbs up, rifling through his phone. I giggled at their exchange. Seunggwan could really be a DJ or an MC someday. I could see it.

I looked up at Mingyu who was already looking at me.

“What?” I tilted my head to the right as Mingyu shrugged, swaying us back and forth.

“I don’t know. I was originally planning to go to this dance alone, but…I just can’t miss the chance to ask a dance from you,” Mingyu explained briefly, his cheeks turning red as I cooed on the inside.

“Well, they do say I’m a good dancer,” I joked lightly, cracking a smile as Mingyu chuckled at my weird joke. Just then, Seunggwan played the song called Look at the Silence by 40. I’ve heard the song before, but I only searched it up yesterday.

“That’s not the only reason I want to dance with you. I’m not much of a romantic, as you can tell, but I really want to prove to you I can be someone sweet and caring.” Mingyu smiled softly before letting me go. He knelt and took my hand.

“I really really like you Aiden. I couldn’t even comprehend why I’m only doing this now in front of a lot of people but – I just have to let you know I like you.”

A hand when to my lips in shock as I stared into Mingyu’s sorrowful eyes. He stood up then, dusting the dirt of his knees, all the while as I just looked at him.

He leaned in my ear and whispered, “But I know who your heart belongs to. It hurts for me to say this but, Hansol got your heart first. And it won’t be gentlemanly of me if I steal you away from him. You owe him a dance. Go.” I leaned back in surprise at Mingyu’s confession.

Basically, he likes me, but he knows I like Hansol. Wow.

“Mingyu, I-“ I tried to find the words to explain how grateful I felt right then. My eyes started to sting from the forming tears as Mingyu put a finger on his lips, leaning in to peck me on the cheek.

“I’ll be alright. Go.” I nodded to his request, smiling cautiously before turning away to find Hansol. As he said, he was by the buffet table, munching gloomily on chicken as he watched Wonwoo dance with a random girl.

He heard me walking towards him, since he glanced at my direction, his scowl turning into a glare.

“What’s up?” I asked him lightly, standing beside him and leaning my elbows on the table. Hansol scoffed, looking away.

“What’s up? How uncool it is for someone to just stand by the buffet table and munch on a chicken leg. How’d it go with Mingyu?” Hansol asked sourly before I shrugged.

“Hmmm, it went alright. Mingyu did tell me he liked me, but he knew I liked you,” I answered him innocently as I saw Hansol glance at me, narrowing his eyes.

“You’re lying,”

“No I’m not. If I would, you would know,” I replied in a knowing tone as Hansol sighed, turning to face me as I did the same, but in a playful manner.

“Aiden, I do like you, I really do. But when Mingyu danced with you-“

“Tell me, do you feel burning envy when you saw him kiss my cheek?” I intervened as Hansol stopped talking, scowling once more at me as I giggled. I closed the space between us, cupping his cheeks and squishing them together, since he looked cute when I did.

He was still scowling, yet now he looked less scary.

“Hansol Vernon Chwe – or Choi, whatever – I, Aiden Geum also known as Doshin Geum, sincerely likes you,” I stated seriously as Hansol raised an eyebrow, looking unimpressed.

“Oh, for chicken’s sake-“ I grabbed the collar of his suit, leaning in to kiss the jerk. Applause erupted all around us as I tasted a bit of mint and chicken mixed together. He smelled of vanilla, which was really intoxicating. An arm circled around my waist as both my arms wrapped around Hansol’s neck.

I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his, grinning.

“Oh, you tricked me again, didn’t you?”

“Girl, it was you who kissed me. Not the other way around, jagi.” 

 

author's note: sorry for the late update! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUNHUI! :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

 

Monday, June 10, 2013 11:42am