Will You Be My Date?

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“Okay everyone! Get ready for the last scene! Thank you all for your hard work!” Dobee shouted from backstage as I yawned loudly, slumping on Seunggwan’s shoulder as I blinked sleepily, watching the actors and actresses assemble on stage.

Yes, it was already late, but the practice was still on. I could’ve gone home and played with Seventeen, but Mingyu pleaded me to stay, because he didn’t want to go home alone with Seunggwan (which Seunggwan took great offense too though).

It was the final scene, where Cheonsa will confess to Jaeyoon and Mingyu will shoot the fake arrow at Jaeyoon, making him fall in love with Cheonsa.

“Mingyu oppa! Thank you so much for helping me with Jaeyoon oppa! Without you, I wouldn’t have had the courage to confess to him today,” Shinyi, playing as Cheonsa, complimented, hugging Mingyu tightly. Mingyu hugged Shinyi back, maintaining a happy expression, though his voice was sad. I could tell by the way he looked at Shinyi.

“Well, go on. So I could shoot the arrow.” Mingyu smiled, pushing Shinyi playfully towards Jaeyoon was standing and waiting. No one could see Cupid Mingyu except Shinyi. Shinyi giggled, but nodded. She skipped over Jaeyoon happily, acting nervous and shy.

I sat up straighter, anticipating this part of the play. This was part of the reason why I stayed. So I could tease Mingyu that he liked Shinyi.

Even if Seunggwan told me he liked me.

That idea was too unbelievable. Mingyu liking me? I know he only sees me as a friend, nothing more. Right?

I my lips in anticipation, my eyes wide as I watched Shinyi talk to Jaeyoon.

“Oppa…I would just like to say…I love you!” Shinyi squeaked, closing her eyes and clutching her chest. Jaeyoon chuckled, stepping nearer Shinyi, about to tell her that she shouldn’t fall for a player. It was Mingyu’s cue.

He raised his fake bow, squinting his eyes and aiming it at Jaeyoon.

I got my phone out, capturing Mingyu’s side view. I chuckled as I stared at the picture on my phone, smiling a bit. It was cute to see Mingyu wear a pink crown, holding pink bows and arrows with white wings.

“You look like a stalker,” Seunggwan commented in a know-it-all tone, leaning over to peek on my phone. I stuck my tongue out of him, shoving him with my shoulders as I tucked my phone back in.

“Eh, I’m not. Should I message the girl you’re stalking online-“

“I don’t stalk her! I just check her profile once in awhile! I just heard she wrote Seventeen fan fictions-“ Seunggwan faltered as he took one look at my expression that basically told him don’t even try to explain.

“You’re no fair.” Seunggwan pouted, slumping on his seat while crossing his arms over his chest. I laughed, shaking my head vehemently. He was too cute sometimes.

I looked back to see Mingyu shoot the fake arrow that soared past through Jaeyoon, but even though it didn’t hit him, it looked as if it did.

“Oh…Cheonsa, I love you too. Will you be my girlfriend?” Jaeyoon asked in a lovesick voice as Cheonsa nodded happily, hugging Jaeyoon. Just then, the lights dimmed on the two people hugging as the spotlight was on Mingyu. My jaw dropped as white feathers fell on Mingyu because someone was tossing them from the catwalk.

The school council knew how to keep it simple, but captivating.

“She’s with him now, Mingyu. She’s finally happy, like what you want. She might forget about me but….I can’t forget about her. I hope you and Jaeyoon will have a happy life, Cheonsa, and please remember the arrow’s spell will wear off in a week. If Jaeyoon doesn’t love you…he will leave you. Good luck, Cheonsa. I love you.” Just then, Mingyu started to rise as he looked down in agony, as if he was really in agony.

I didn’t notice that he was standing on a rectangular small black platform that raised him to the catwalk. There were transparent strings that he could hold, but he didn’t. He just stood there, truly looking like an angel until the lights all dimmed and the curtain covered the whole stage.

“WHOO!” I cheered along with the others, standing up and giving everyone a standing ovation. It was amazing, the play was absolutely breathtaking.

”What did I miss?!” I heard Seunggwan exclaim as I giggled, glancing back to see him wipe the drool off his face. He slept through the last part of the play. Typical Seunggwan.

“Good job everyone! Practice again tomorrow, alright? Goodnight and get home safely!” I heard Dobee announced as everyone who helped started to pack up.

I glanced at the time of my phone to see it was already ten o’clock in the evening. I stretched, yawning and closing my eyes.

“Chu chu chu~” I heard Mingyu coo as I felt someone tickling my tummy. I immediately stopped stretching, laughing as I pushed his hand away. He was holding his angel wings in one hand as the others in a paper bag on his other hand. His backpack was slung loosely on one shoulder.

“Hey there Mr. Cupid, ready to go home?” I asked cheerfully, shaking Seunggwan awake (again) as I slung my own bag over my shoulder. I pulled Seunggwan as the three of us bid goodbye to the students, on our way to the exit.

“Wah Mingyu oppa, your acting was incredible! For a second there, I thought you were really in love with Shinyi,” I complimented, grinning at Mingyu who blushed. Seunggwan rolled his eyes, clucking his tongue as we exited the school gates, rounding the corner.

“Eh, I could’ve done better! Really! Look at my mourning and pained expression.” I and Mingyu looked at Seunggwan. He had his eyebrows joined together, looking at his hand in agony.

“Dude, you look like you lost your hamster,”

“Oh, stop making fun of me hyung,” Seunggwan grumbled, grouchy all of the sudden as he walked ahead of us. I and Mingyu walked leisurely under the bright moon, talking about school stuff.

“So, about the February Dance…are you going yet?” Mingyu asked somewhat cautiously as I nodded, after realizing I was free to go.

“Yeah, I’ll go. I can’t miss the play of my friend, right?” I asked playfully, lightly shoving him to the side as he chuckled, casting an arm around my shoulders. He smiled at the sidewalk for an unknown reason.

“Of course you won’t miss it. Seventeen also will be there to watch me. I meant, you actually going to the dance with your date and dancing when the music turns on,” Mingyu explained as I laughed uncomfortably, shaking my head

“I never went to a dance, Mingyu oppa. I always left school when the dance is announced. So this will be my first time, and I think I just want to go with you guys. I don’t want to go with someone I don’t know,”

“How about you go with me? I’m someone you know,” Mingyu proposed confidently, but I could hear his shaky tone. I shrugged, glancing around me.

“I don’t know. Maybe, since I’ll be accompanying you to buy a suit tomorrow because you asked me to. I’d be more comfortable if we all went together: I, Adam and the whole of Seventeen. I think it would be better,” I prompted, hoping Mingyu will get the hint that I don’t want to go alone with him.

It’s not that I don’t like him, it’s just that I wouldn’t know what to do if I announced Mingyu was my date to the dance.

Sure it’d be a friendly date, but it sounded awkward in my ears.

Mingyu sighed dramatically as I punched him on the stomach lightly, hoping he would get the joke.

“Fine, fine. We’ll go together. But I’m stealing your first dance,”

“Not if I steal it first.” We glanced up to see Hansol leaning on the doorway with nothing but a blanket wrapped around him. Guessed they played the game wherein they exchange pajamas, and Hansol got none.

“Oh hey Hansol, we just got home. I’ll be off first. Thanks for staying with me, Aiden. Goodnight.” Mingyu pecked the top of my head, ruffling it before stepping inside Seventeen’s dorm. I waved at the back of Mingyu, smiling. I then glanced at Hansol who had his eyebrows raised. I let my arm drop, blowing the bangs off my face.

“What are you staring at?”

“The real question is, what are you staring at?” Hansol countered smartly as I blushed, averting my eyes from the blanket.

“I’ll be going home,”

“Aren’t you going to answer my question?” Hansol asked playfully as I stopped myself from turning back. I narrowed my eyes suspiciously, tilting my head.

“Dude, what are you saying?”

“I asked what you were staring at. But since you wouldn’t answer that question, you have to answer this one. And it should be a yes,” Hansol replied, smirking. I put my hands on my hips defiantly.

“It depends, Blanket Boy.”

“Alright then, here’s the question. And you couldn’t say I’m not allowed, because I asked Mingyu if I can, and he said yes. Geum Aiden, will you be my date to the February Dance?” Hansol asked charmingly, half smiling as he tilted his head side to side.

I stood frozen on the spot, just blinking.

What did he say? Did he say he wanted me to eat chicken nuggets?!

“Aiden-ah~” Hansol cooed as he stepped near me, swaying from left to right to see if I was alright.

“Oh, sorry for that.” I snapped out of my trance, shaking my head. I blinked a few times, making sure I was back in planet earth.

“So, you’ll go with me?” Hansol asked excitedly, jumping up and down cheerfully as I laughed a bit at how cute he was.

“Fine. But on one condition.”

“Anything!”

“Don’t make me wear heels,” I requested as Hansol nodded excessively like a child who was told Christmas has come early. I sighed in satisfaction, turning my back to walk back to my house.

“Hey, wait for me! A pretty girl like you shouldn’t walk the streets alone!”

“YAH! Stop doing that!”

“Doing what?!”

“Ugh, never mind.”

I rolled my eyes and glanced back to see if Hansol closed the dorm door. What surprised me was not the open door, but the person standing beside it.

Mingyu, having the same expression as Seunggwan when he imitated losing a hamster..

 

author's note: did you guys like it? :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

 

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:37pm