Arrived and Met A Boy

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“How was your trip to New York, USA?”

“Are you releasing any new clothes lines in the near future?”

“Are you really dating Justin Bieber, Aiden?”

I glared at the reporter for awhile before rolling my eyes away. I pushed my sunglasses up my nose to protect my eyes from the blinding flashes of the camera. I clung onto Adam tight, hoping that he would roll our suitcases faster.

“Ugh, I hate the paparazzi, they’re always twisting things we say and publishing things we won’t do. Another clothes line? We just released one last month!” Adam ranted as we pushed through the reporters, getting inside our designated limo and leaving our bags outside to let the driver store it in the back.

“I know right? And me dating Justin Bieber? They must be dreaming,” I scoffed, crossing my arms above my chest. The paparazzi always put me in a bad mood. Why? Because I have to pretend I’m a Geum. And that means, no smiling, no doing my weird aegyo for food, or looking happy.

As the twins of the most famous clothing line in Korea, we had to keep up a façade. A façade that I most surely hated once it was given to me.

“Adam-“

“Oppa. Call me oppa since we’re here now in Korea,” Adam corrected as I pouted, swinging my legs again on the seat. Adam brought out his iPad and checked the status of our reviews.

“It sounds weird. Adam oppa. Can I use your Korean name?” I asked excitedly as he glared at me through his sunglasses. I removed mine once I got in the car. I hated those sunglasses.

“No.”

“Please oppa~”

“Fine.”

“Really?!”

“No.” Adam smirked at my crestfallen expression. I’ve always wanted to use his Korean name, and he wouldn’t permit me. But, that didn’t stop me, didn’t it

“Taeyoon oppa!” “Doshin dongsaeng!” We both chorused as we both covered our ears simultaneously.

“AH!” We painfully shouted in unison, cringing at our names. Okay, we love our mommy, but Taeyoon and Doshin? It sounds like she just came up with it 2 minutes before I shot out of her.

“Fine! Let’s stick with Adam and Aiden, call?” I asked him jokingly as I raised my fist in the air. He chuckled and went back to his iPad.

“At least dad had a lot of sense to at least make our first letters the same. So, when we’re here in Korea, there are a few rules.” Adam shut off his iPad and looked at me seriously. I however started to daydream of food.

I always did that when we had a serious talk.

“Doshin! No daydreaming of food!” Adam snapped as I covered my ears, flinching at my name.

“Okay! No more calling me Doshin!”

“Then listen. Rule number one, we are here and only here because we need to review the clothes mother and father gave us. Rule number two, we will enroll in the most prestigious school, but you are not allowed to have friends over or to even make friends. I don’t want to see you crying when we go back to New York. Rule number three, never tell anyone you’re real identity if they don’t know you. Just lie and say something else. It’s easier that way. And rule number four-“

“Never fall in love. Got it oppa!” I gave him a thumbs up as he smiled tiredly, ruffling up my hair. We were a team, and we were soon going to take over LITE. If we’re going to do that, I have to be the best that my parents expect me to be.

“But, we can still go out right? And have fun?” I asked him curiously as he nodded.

“Of course. It’s hard enough seeing you alone,” Adam said dejectedly as I patted his arm.

“It’s okay oppa. I know our situation. No friends mean successful future. Mom drilled that in my head.” I pointed to my temple as he sighed one more time.

“And besides, I have K-Pop with me. I can fangirl over Daehyun of B.A.P all I want to without feeling lonely,” I assured him once more as he finally smiled.

“See? There’s that smile I’m looking for!”

“Okay, okay! Just remember these rules. Because after New York, we’ll be going to London, United Kingdom to merge LITE with another fashion company there,” Adam explained as he took out his black phone. I shut up immediately.

Black phone meant he was calling people in the business, blue phone meant he was calling his friends or family.

“Oh? Really? What happened to them? You have to redesign them?! Okay, okay, I’ll tell Mr. Geum. I’ll go over there myself and see if I can fix them. I’m on my way. Aiden, can you walk from here? Our house is just around the corner, you can use your board,” Adam requested as I nodded.

See, others might think it’s not polite of a brother to do that, but it’s really normal. I had to drop off Adam at a convenience store 2 hours from home once because dad needed me to fix some of the fabrics that were ripped.

“Okay. Take care, Taeyoon! I’ll make you some Ramen noodles when you get back! Don’t worry, I’ll not overcook them!” I called out to him happily as I got outside of the limo, my backpack slung across my shoulder and my suitcase and board beside me. Adam waved at me busily before resuming to talking over the phone, the limo speeding away. I grinned as I hopped on my board, pulling the suitcase with me.

Hey, at least I got a little bit of freedom.

I looked up at the clouds, feeling a bit refreshed from the plane. I hate getting cooped up in small places.

Oh, I haven’t formally introduced myself yet. Geum Aiden, daughter of the owners of LITE and twin sister to my brother who will take over the company soon. You could say that we were in the more comfortable side of life, but it’s really hard to keep up with your family when you’re so different from them. I started to smile when I remembered that I wasn’t allowed to show my real persona.

I immediately frowned and glared at my surroundings, and yes, even to that cute little dog. I was soaking up as much sunshine as I can when I rounded the corner and bumped into somebody.

“OW!"

“AH!

I fell down backwards, my board going way ahead of me. I groaned and rubbed my stinging back and tailbone. It didn’t help that I was only wearing a t-shirt and leggings.

“Oh, I’m really sorry! May I help you with that? Are you alright?” A male voice asked me as I stood up slowly, raising my head. My eyes bugged out as I saw a teenage boy, about the same age as me, looking frantic as his arms hovered around me protectively.

Damn! Why’d it have to be a person? It could be…a gigantic cheeseburger

Why can’t it be a gigantic cheeseburger?!

“Are you alright?” he asked again as I backed away, my eyes widening. Without a word, I quickly slung my backpack on my shoulder, grabbed my suitcase and rolled it away from him, accidentally rolling my suitcase on his foot.

“Ow! Wait!” he called out as I continued half-jogging and half-running. Ugh, why was I short?!

I reached my board and hopped on it, rolling away from the boy as fast as I could. I gained momentum as I saw the familiar house my father showed me in the picture. I stopped in front of the gate, got my keys and opened the door to my house quickly.

It was located in Gangnam, so it was easy to find which was mine because of the variety of houses placed there. I ran inside, dropping my backpack, suitcase and board on the ground as I ran to the second floor window. I opened it and saw the boy stop in front of my house.

I took in a sharp breathe as he continued running, passing my house. I sighed in happiness, sitting down and slumping beside a telephone stand. I quickly got it and dialed the number that I needed the most.

“Hello? Is this McDonald’s? Yes, this is Geum Aiden. The usual order please. Thank you.”

 

author's note: second chapter! hoped you liked it! ^^;

Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:52pm