Dobee's Plan and Flowers

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

The week passed by too quickly, and soon, it was the day of the dance. You wouldn’t believe it at school. It was like a madhouse.

Boys were asking random girls last minutes, there were some legit and large proposals of boyfriends to their girlfriends, just for the girls to accompany them to the dance. The teachers were at least to us students. They helped with the decorations for the dance, so there wasn’t enough to give homework.

It’s as if everything was focused on the dance now.

At five in the afternoon, they let us out early to prepare for the dance in the auditorium at eight in the evening. I didn’t know why they would let us out so early. I mean, does it really take three hours to get ready?

“Oh come on Aiden, you know you want to look pretty also,” Dobee joked with me as I slipped on a small smile, making her wiggle her eyebrows at me. Unlike me, Dobee was excited for the dance. Despite her being one of my close friends (yeah, I made friends, what now Adam?), I couldn’t tell her that I couldn’t go.

Ugh, why did the dance land exactly on the same date as Adam’s fashion show?!

We walked together down the sidewalk as the students got in their fancy cars.

“So, I was thinking, after the fashion show-"

“Whoa, what fashion show?” I demanded quickly, my eyes widening as I stopped walking. Dobee smirked as I raised an eyebrow.

I didn’t like where this was all going.

Dobee blew the hair off her face, putting her hands on her hips.

“You didn’t think I wasn’t invited to watch you in the fashion show?” And with that, Dobee produced a sleek white invitation card with curly letters on it saying “LITE FASHION SHOW”

I blushed and tried out for an innocent smile as it was Dobee’s turn to raise her eyebrows.

“So – hehe – How did you find out?” I asked sheepishly as we resumed walking. Dobee tapped the invitation card on her palm, waving it in front of my face.

“This, silly! And it’s good I checked the time and date. So, what’s your super secret awesome plan to get to the dance and the fashion show?” Dobee asked excitedly as we rounded the corner. I shook my head, laughing at her enthusiasm. I influenced her too well.

”Dobee, I won’t go to the dance. My stupid and annoying twin brother-“

“Doesn’t know that the February Dance is today also,” Dobee finished, grinning wickedly as I punched her shoulder playfully before draping my arm over her shoulders, sighing sadly.

“I’m not my own twin, Bee. I can’t be in two places at once-“

“Or can you? I just thought of a brilliant plan!” Dobee exclaimed loudly as I shushed her immediately, glancing around to make sure Mingyu wasn’t in sight. Hey, it isn’t saying Oh Mingyu! I won’t be able to watch the play you worked hard for! See ya!

I mean, that’s just uncool.

Dobee rolled her eyes and pulled me aside, grabbing my shoulders seriously as I leaned back in fright. She was starting scare me. But despite all that, I felt adrenaline course through me.

“I can’t tell you the whole plan now because it would be too long. Give me your phone,” Dobee instructed as I obediently obliged, handing Dobee my phone as she scrolled through it. She raised it to her ear as I sighed, waiting what this girl would do.

“Hansol? Is this you?”

“Yes, who is this? Is Aiden alright?” I heard Hansol respond alarmingly as I turned towards Dobee in bewilderment. I instantly pounced on her, trying to grab my phone. But Dobee seemed to know I would freak out, since she held my shoulders back as hard as she could.

“Yeah, Aiden’s alright. This is her friend Do- AIDEN! QUIT IT!” Dobee scolded as I stuck my tongue out, huffing as I stopped struggling. I crossed my arms over each other, looking up in defeat. I knew I would lose anyway.

“O-kay, then why-“

“Are you busy? If not, can you come in front of this flower shop? It’s not too far from the school, it’s called Blue Crystals. Okay, see you there.” Dobee hung up, handing my phone over to me before I got it, stuffing it in my pocket.

“Why’d you do that?!” I inquired quite loudly, making her cringe. She started to walk as I walked beside her, keen to know why she needed Hansol. And in all honesty, my heart started feeling weak when I heard how she talked with Hansol. I didn’t like the feeling at all.

“Well, I can’t help you alone. Knowing you, I need at least a whole football team to make this possible. I know Hansol can help. I watch SEVENTEEN TV and he’s the helpful kind-“

“And I’m sure you love boys who are the helpful kind, right?” I asked sarcastically, immediately turning worried because it sounded too rude. I glanced at her, hearing her laugh out loud made me sigh in gratefulness.

Good, she wasn’t scared of me.

“I don’t like him that way, Doshin. You should know that. And for the sake of all of us, don’t make it painfully you’re in love with hi-“

“Okay for the record, I’m not in love with that Korean-American. Seco-“

“I wonder what your babies will look like?” Dobee blurted out randomly as I blinked at her, completely taken aback.

Okay, then.

We arrived at Blue Crystals, seeing Hansol was already there, decked in an orange collar shirt, black skinny jeans and normal white rubber shoes. His anxious expression was replaced with a happy one as we greeted him, going over to him.

“So, what’s up?” Hansol prompted, looking expectantly at Dobee. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling betrayed. I mean…I was the subject to be talked about. Ugh, I should stop feeling like this.

“We need to get inside first, to make sure no one can hear us.” And in three minutes, we’re in Blue Crystals. Hansol and Dobee started planning and talking as I left them together, flitting to different sections of flowers. It was great, the smell and colors combined. There weren’t plastic ones, but instead, real and alive ones. It smelled amazing. I caressed a Hydrangea, feeling the soft, dark purple petals under my fingertips was enough to sooth my worries.

“Okay, it’s settled then!” I heard as I turned around, seeing Hansol and Dobee smiling at each other, shaking each other’s hands. I sighed, my shoulders drooping in defeat. I don’t even know why. Maybe it’s because of their joined hands? No matter what it is, it hurt.

“Okay Aiden, Hansol will bring you to Seventeen’s dorm first to see Mingyu, and then you’ll both go to your house. By then, everything will be arranged. I’m quick, don’t worry. Yah Choi Hansol, take care of my best friend okay?” Dobee warned Hansol playfully, Hansol nodding along.

“Of course I will. Have a safe trip!” Hansol bid as Dobee waved farewell, hugging me next.

“Don’t lose this chance,” Dobee whispered in my ear as I pulled away, nodding in affirmation, though I don’t know what she meant. I saw the retreating back of Dobee before she disappeared around the corner. I turned back to Hansol to see him holding a paper bag, staring at it fondly.

“Yo Choi, what’s in there?” I asked curiously, tilting my head as I bounded over him, trying to peek in. He shook his head, tucking them away from my reach. I frowned at him as he leaned in, pecking my forehead lightly before smiling affectionately.

“Not yet, Aiden. Let’s get your first to the dorm, okay?” Hansol told me as I nodded, as if in a trance. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts.

I hate it when he does those things.

I went in front of him, leading the way outside of Blue Crystals.

In a few minutes, we were pounding our feet on the streets of Seoul, taking turns to go to the dorm.

“So, how did the talk go with Dobee?” I asked Hansol randomly, as Hansol beamed at me.

“It went great! She’s a good planner, and the way she talks-“

“So I assume, you had fun?” I cut in too early, not meeting his eyes and instead staring at the ground as we walked forward. I think he finally got the hint, since he nudged me on the side.

“Are you…jealous? Seriously? Aiden jealous of Dobee because she talked to me for ten minutes?” Hansol started to tease as I shot him a heartfelt glare. He flashed his winning smile at me as I continue to scowl and glare. I rolled my eyes and looked straight ahead.

“Whatever.”

“Eh, you really like me.”

“No I don’t, I like Mingyu oppa.”

“You like me, and I- WHAT?!” Hansol shouted incredulously, putting down the paper bag and grabbing my shoulders, facing me to him. I tried to hide the smile that started to form.

“You like Mingyu? Are you sure? What have you been eating lately?” Hansol checked my forehead if I had a fever as I pretended to sigh dramatically.

“It’s just Mingyu is so tall, being 184cm and all, and he’s such a sweetheart. He treats me like how I should be treated, and I like his smile,” I told Hansol truthfully, smiling dreamily. All I said about Mingyu were all true. But Hansol seemed to not notice I didn’t say he makes my heart beat faster than it should, or make butterflies flutter in my stomach.

Hansol shook his head in bewilderment, biting his lip. I giggled, making Hansol look at me again.

“You’re bluffing, aren’t you?” Hansol asked in a blunt voice as he picked up his paper bag. I nodded as he pouted sadly.

“You’re mean,”

“Well, stop spouting things like me being romantically involved with you,”

“I didn’t say anything like that! All I said was you liked me. And since you mentioned you like me romantically-“

“Oh, forget it!” I stomped away, muttering things. Things you wouldn’t want to hear out of a fourteen year olds mouth.


 

“Wow Mingyu oppa, you look great!”

“Doesn’t he?!” Wonwoo exclaimed, sniffling as he beamed at his wife- I mean, friend. Excuse me.

Mingyu modeled his white suit in front of Seventeen and I, turning around in a full circle wearing his white angel wings, his bow in his hand and arrows slung across his shoulder.

“Mingyu, whoever you want to dance with will definitely dance with you! You look amazing, man!” Doyoon complimented as Mingyu blushed, probably unused to not receiving compliments so easily from his hyungs. I clasped my hands together, staring at Mingyu happily. He looked absolutely amazing.

“Oh wait! I have to give something.” And with that, Mingyu rushed out of the living room, coming back with a bouquet of Alstroemeria. It’s another kind of flower with pink petals. From what I remember from my classes in Home Economics, the flower meant friendship. Mingyu sighed before going over to me, presenting me with the bouquet.

“Happy Valentines Day, Aiden.” Mingyu smiled like an angel as I took the flowers, still confused and a bit giddy. Hey, I wasn’t given flowers everyday. I looked up at Mingyu who was still smiling, his head tilted to one side.

“Thank you Mingyu oppa!” I cried out, hugging him tightly. Mingyu chuckling as he hugged me back, patting my back.

“I can’t wait for you to watch me later,” Mingyu whispered excitedly as I tried not to frown.

If Dobee’s plan worked, I would be able to be a model in Adam’s fashion show and go to the dance to see Mingyu.

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” I whispered back, hoping it wasn’t a lie.

 

author's note: hoped you liked this :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Thursday, May 29, 2013 1:54pm