Dance Lessons and Carnations

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“No one told them they’re allowed to come here,”

“Come on Aiden, they’re your sunbaes! They’re older than you!”

“Still,” I responded in a clipped tone, flicking my eyes at the six girls who were getting too close with SEVENTEEN, who were of course, oblivious.

I heard Adam sigh and pat my shoulder pityingly.

“Oh Aiden, when will you admit you’re je-“

“I’M NOT JEALOUS OF HELLO VENUS, ADAM!” I shouted in irritation, glaring at Adam who was trying to hold in his laugh. My eyes narrowed dangerously, but then widened as I realized I shouted it.

I turned around slowly to see Seventeen looking at me quizzically, Hello Venus look bewildered.

“Ah…uhm…shall we start the lessons?” I squeaked, trying out for an innocent smile as I saw Hansol shake his head in amusement.

That kid’s going to get it.

“O-kay then. Let’s start with an upbeat classic slow dance. You will need partners for this, so I called a few of your Music Friends to participate,” Lime announced cheerily as she turned back, looking at the newcomers. The Music Friends stood with Hello Venus, bowing to Seventeen.

“Okay, Yooyoung, why don’t you turn up the music?” Lime instructed as Yooyoung skipped over to the stereo, searching for the song. I huffed and stuck my back on the wall, crossing my legs together as with my arms over my chest. I glared at how happy they were when they picked their own partner, whether it is from Hello Venus or the Music Friends.

“Oh Adam, would you like to be my partner?” Nara asked from far away. My jaw dropped as I glanced at Adam. He looked like Christmas has come early.

“HECK YE- I mean yes, of course.” He slicked his hair back, glancing at me triumphantly. I curled my lip and kicked his , pushing him towards the large group as I lagged behind.

It wasn’t my dream to dance with any of them anyway.

“Aiden, would you like to join?” Yooara asked kindly, going over to me and smiling. I just blinked at her and shook my head.

“If my partner isn’t chicken nuggets or just plain friend chicken then-“

“Great! You’re partnered with Mingyu!” Yooara beamed as I raised an eyebrow in bewilderment. Before I could tell her she’s a psycho, she grabbed my wrist and pulled me over to the large bunch. I received a ton of snickers and coughs from the Music Friends, which I tried to ignore.

“Here Mingyu. Dance with her okay?” Yooara requested as I saw Mingyu smile and nod.

“Yes, sunbaenim.”

“Great! Yooyoung! Cue music!”

I waited for the music to start and I realized it was Taeyang’s Wedding Dress. I smiled fondly as I remembered the English version of it. I looked around me and Mingyu to see couples already dancing. My eyes immediately found Hansol who was dancing with a girl I call Heel Girl, since in 17TV, she wore heels.

Unknowingly, my eyes narrowed and I felt the need to crack my knuckles.

“I know you know how to dance hip hop, but I’m not entirely sure with…ballroom dancing?” Mingyu hesitated as I glanced back at him, temporarily forgetting that he was my partner. I half smiled, tilting my head to the right.

“Do you really think I don’t know how to ballroom dance?”

“Well, I thought only short people knew how to dance hip hop,” Mingyu countered, smirking as my smile dropped. I chuckled and placed my hand on is shoulder the other one grabbing his other. Poor guy looked like he was struck by lightning.

“What are you waiting for, Mingyu oppa?” I asked curiously as Mingyu shook his head. He put one hand on my waist and pulled me nearer. I didn’t realize that he smelled of lavender with a mix of vanilla. It was an intoxicating smell. I could hear his fast heartbeat too.

Or was it just mine?

“Don’t step on my feet, dongsaeng,”

“Psh, as if.”

And with that, we joined the other couples dancing. Mingyu made it easier to be with him, because he kept making pained expressions at the high notes of Taeyang, singing the song with him. Did I mention he was off tune too?

“Dude, its dress! Not dless!” I exclaimed, laughing as Mingyu kept singing ‘dless’ it was cool of him not to be embarrassed.

“Are you happy?” Mingyu asked as he finished singing the chorus. My laughing stopped gradually as I nodded enthusiastically.

“Of course I did! With that high note of yours-“ My words were cut off by someone bumping into me and Mingyu. We stumbled to the left a bit, Mingyu wrapping both arms around me to keep me from falling. I held onto his arms tight.

“Oops, sorry,” Hansol said in a cold voice as I glared at him. If he was sorry, then he could’ve said it nicer. Heel Girl didn’t do nor say anything.

“Well, we’re sorry if we were in your way,” I snapped back, staring at him steadily.

“Come on Aiden, it’s just an accident,” Mingyu comforted as I felt my bravado falling because of his soft voice. I could listen to his gentle voice all day and never get tired. It was enough to calm me down. I sighed and stood up straight.

”Fine. Let’s dance over there.” I grabbed Mingyu’s hand and practically dragged him away from Hansol and Heel Girl. Honestly, it wasn’t very gentlemanly of him to do that. He was dancing alright, and then he decided to bump us. I’ve seen his dancing; he doesn’t make big mistakes like that normally.

“I wonder what’s up with Hansol?” Mingyu asked as I shrugged, resuming our position earlier. I decided to forget about what happened.

“Eh, let him work it out alone. Let’s-“

“I’M A MOTHER FATHER GENTLEMAN!” The music suddenly changed as we all glanced at the stereo. It was the doing of Seunggwan, as always.

“LET’S PARTY!” Seunggwan shouted as we all shrugged, going crazy. I danced all kinds of dancing, shaking every part that was shakable. Mingyu also went crazy, doing girl group dances as I tried to copy him.

It was a scary sight to see, but Mingyu did it anyways. He even sang in a high pitched tone.

“Yah Mingyu oppa! What has gotten in you today?” I asked happily, swaying my body as I watched Mingyu do the dance to Gee. He laughed and shrugged.

“I just wanted you to have a good time. No hard feelings from yesterday right?” Mingyu asked, smiling childishly as I nodded, bumping shoulders with him.

“Of course not.”

~.~

 

“Goodnight everyone! You did great!” Hello Venus cheered as Seventeen cheered back in appreciation and thanks. It was already late here, around eleven in the night. And Seventeen had lessons after this. Dancing, singing, rapping, and all kinds of lessons.

I honestly felt bad for them. I mean, even though I’m a trainee, I have designated days to train. For Seventeen, everyday except Sunday is work day.

“So Aiden, are you going home so early?” Doyoon asked me conversationally as I crouched down, packing up my things. I nodded absentmindedly, putting my iPod in.

“Yeah, I’m tired. And besides, Adam gets really cranky when I’m home late.” I laughed as I remembered Adam’s flushed expression when I got back home at three in the morning.

Believe me; you wouldn’t want to face an angry Adam at an unholy hour.

“Okay, well be safe Doshin!” Doyoon called out playfully as he followed the others to different rooms to practice. I waved back at him and shouldered my backpack, standing up. I fixed my fringe, making sure it was in its rightful place. I was about to walk out of the practice room, when a voice stopped me.

“Can I walk you home?” I turned around to see Hansol, his hands in his pockets. I stared at him in surprise first before gathering my senses.

“Don’t you have lessons?”

“It starts in thirty minutes. Plenty of time to walk you home right?” Hansol asked cautiously as I shrugged. It wouldn’t hurt anyone, right?

“Sure.” And with that, Hansol nodded and walked beside me, out of the practice room and Pledis Entertainment.

Seoul at night was an amazing sight, though dangerous. I suddenly felt safer and more grateful that Hansol asked to come with me. Though I know Taekwondo, I was still small compared to many kidnappers here. We walked in silence through the busy street, always having an eye on one another so we won’t get lost.

We finally reached my district, and there were less people. I slowed down my pace. I didn’t want to get home yet.

“So…about earlier. I didn’t mean to bump you,” Hansol said after a few minutes of silence. I nodded, not fully understanding why he was telling me this.

“Sure. I understand. But why-“

“Mingyu hyung is so lucky to have you as a partner,” Hansol confessed, looking down as I glanced at him curiously. Why was he suddenly like this?!

“Uh, yeah. I guess so. Okay, why are you telling me this?”

“Because I wanted you as my partner,” Hansol replied simply as I nodded, understanding.

“But why?”

“Just because. You don’t need to know,” Hansol said in a sly tone as I chuckled a bit, half smiling.

“So Korean-American Boy, how’d you find the dance lessons?”

“Fun but tiring. You dancing to Gentleman was funny enough to energize me though,”

“I danced well in Gentleman, okay!”

“Oh come on, you didn’t even know the dance!” Hansol exclaimed in protest as I feigned a hurt expression.

“Right through the heart!”

“Drama Queen,”

“Jealous Boy.” I stuck my tongue out at him as he scoffed.

“Me? Jealous? Over who? You must be delusional.”

“Mingyu of course! I saw your glares, Hansol. Admit it~” I said in a sing-song voice, grinning from ear to ear as I saw Hansol blush.

Gotcha.

“That’s not true. I was jealous of you, not Mingyu,” Hansol defended, smirking my way as I stopped walking momentarily. His smirk made his eye twinkle under the moonlight, and I realized how he flipped his hair slightly to make way for his eyes to open, his lashes complimenting his eyes.

Wow, that was a detailed description.

“What? Are you alright?” Hansol asked in a gentle tone as I shook my head, clearing all thoughts from my mind.

Come on! Chicken Nuggets! Fried Chicken! ICE CREAM!

“I’m fine. Just thought of something. Oh, we’re here,” I commented sadly as I saw my house. I saw Adam peeking through the window, and from here, I could see that he was wearing a facial mask.

I sighed. He’s such a girl sometimes.

“So, this is your house, eh?” Hansol observed, studying up and down. I nodded and huffed, cold hair coming out of my mouth.

“Anyways, thank you for walking my home.” I smiled and extended a hand to shake his. He chuckled before reaching into the pocket of his shirt, taking out a carnation.

“I knew we wouldn’t last for a long while. So here. Take care of this carnation, okay? I spent at least an hour on that; don’t mention Junhui’s way of teaching. And believe me; his way of teaching comprises of a lot of shouting.” Hansol looked at the beautiful carnation before handing it to me, smiling softly.

“Take it. As long as you don’t throw that away, our friendship will always grow. Okay?”

“Wow. I have...nothing to say,” I said in a breathless tone, taking the carnation lightly as if it would break any minute. I smiled fondly at it, the petals of it.

“Thanks Hansol. It’s beautiful.”

“Yup, way more beautiful than you. Night!”

“YAH! CHOI HANSOL!” I yelled in anger as I saw him run off in the night. I chuckled, wishing he would get back safe and sound. I clutched the carnation, giggling.

“Ugh, now I sound like those lovesick girls. Goodnight moon!” I bid goodbye, a little too happy, as I skipped in the house, preparing myself for a scary sight, credits to Adam and his facial mask.

Though when I looked back, I saw a figure come out from behind the tree, running off also.

 

author's note: what did you guys think of this update? :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 11:02am