Serious Mingyu vs. Happy Mingyu

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“Good morning Mingyu oppa!” I greeted the tall boy cheerfully, waving energetically as I stopped walking to get to the main doors that lead inside the school. It was early morning, but I can see that the students were already rushing inside since we have morning assembly.

I clutched the straps of my backpack, deciding to run towards Mingyu. I felt elated as always as I saw him. It felt good to have at least one friend in school.

“So Mingyu-ah, have you done the assignment Mr. Kim-“

“I’ll go first, okay?” Mingyu told me briskly as I halted talking, blinking confusedly at Mingyu, who had a serious expression on.

It was weird seeing it on him. I prefer smiling Mingyu than serious Mingyu.

“Oh, ok-“ I didn’t even get to finish my sentence when Mingyu nodded and walked faster in front of me, jogging up the steps to the school and entering without a backward glance. I tilted my head, pondering.

Mingyu wasn’t always this passive. He was mostly the one to initiate the conversation, and he was avoiding me.

“Ah Mingyu, don’t you know me at all? When someone ignores me, I’ll be sure to find out.” I grinned determinedly to myself, sticking my chin up while going inside the school. I will know why Mingyu was cold.

It’s in my nature!

~.~

 

“Good morning everyone! For the morning announcements…” I kept my eyes fixed on the boy that was in front of me, blocking the voice of the principal. The announcements were the same everyday anyways.

“Psst! If you’re going to make a move, it might as well be now!” a complete stranger beside me whispered as I glanced at her, blinking. She was shorter than me (a miracle!) and she had large glasses with a petite figure. She had a kind smile and intelligent filled eyes. Her hair was straight, but it was tamed, unlike my messy brown hair.

“Uhm…do I know you?” I asked a bit bluntly, making sure no one heard us. She blinked and shook her head.

“Then why are you suggesting things to me?”

“Because I saw you wave and talk to Mingyu-ssi this morning. I saw that he didn’t notice you much though,” she observed, pushing her glasses up as I raised an eyebrow.

“Then you’re butting into our business-“

“Oh, just tap him on the shoulder! I guess he won’t mind!” She interrupted, smiling breezily as he pointed at Mingyu who was right in front of us.

Meaning he could hear every word we say.

I sighed and frowned slightly at this girl. She was quite annoying.

“What’s your name?”

“Song Do Bee,” she answered immediately, still smiling. I cracked a small smile when her name reminded of a character in Harry Potter.

“Well Dobee, it isn’t easy-“

“Mingyu-ssi! Mingyu-ssi!” Dobee hissed loudly as my eyes widened, glancing at Mingyu quickly to see him glance back with a slightly annoyed expression.

And it really surprised me how the serious Mingyu looks as awesome as happy Mingyu.

Mingyu always had his hair down, swept to one side. But now…it was styled up to the T. And it looked chic of him.

“Yes?” Mingyu inquired dully as I gulped, staring into his brown eyes. It was quite hard to talk to someone who you knew from the start they’re mad at you.

“Uhm, I was thinking if you would like to talk-“

“Are you unable to hear? Don’t you hear the principal announcing important events and exams right now?” Mingyu snapped, narrowing his eyes as his upper half turned backwards to face me. My cheeks flamed as I mentally cursed Dobee.

“Oh dear,” I heard her mutter as I sighed, shaking my head.

“I would just like to talk to you-“

“Principal!” Mingyu raised his hand, catching the principal’s attention after he announced the events.

“Yes, Mingyu-ah? Something the problem?” the principal asked confusingly, everyone glancing at Mingyu. I shrunk in my seat, hoping that that giant won’t mention my name. I covered my face in my hands, already blushing as my heart palpitated.

“Geum Aiden keeps on disturbing me,” Mingyu stated sharply, pointing his index finger at me without even looking. I peeked through the gaps of my fingers to see everyone looking at me accusingly. I tried out for an innocent smile as I let my hands fall on my lap.

“All I wanted was to talk to him! Honest!” I defended myself quickly, my eyes wide.

“Another attention seeker,”

“Is she that desperate for Mingyu?”

“And the fangirls strike again. Pathetic,”

The comments directed towards me as I bowed my head in embarrassment.

“Well, we do not tolerate undisciplined students. Geum Aiden, you will be cleaning your classroom alone,” the principal said sternly as I nodded, feeling everyone’s eyes on me as I kept my head down.

“Okay, everyone dismissed!” And with that, everyone stood up to rush to their classrooms, chatting with each other. I stayed in my seat, feeling down and humiliated.

I wish I had chicken right now.

No, you wish you had Hansol a nagging voice in my said as I grimaced.

I didn’t need Hansol. Why would I need him?

“Come on, the punishment isn’t that bad,” Dobee consoled quietly as I sighed, lifting my head up. Mingyu was being too hostile.

But why?

“I know it isn’t. But what Mingyu did was what embarrassed me the most,” I confessed sadly, slumping on my chair, not really excited to face Mingyu in class, or anyone for that matter.

“Oh! You’re not cold to me anymore!” Dobee commented happily, smiling as she clapped her hands. I smiled, shaking my head in amusement.

“Yeah, I’m sorry about that. It’s just I can’t make friends-“

“Because you’re the girl in SEVENTEEN TV, aren’t you?” Dobee guessed quickly as I nodded, not at all surprised. A lot of people liked Seventeen, but it was still a surprise they bothered to learn my name.

“Yeah, but that’s just part the reason. Aren’t you going to class?” I asked her as I stood up, shouldering my backpack tightly. I was still down after what Mingyu did, but Dobee was able to take my mind off of it for a little while. She hopped out of her chair, clutching her sling bag tightly.

“Yeah! But I’m going with you. It looks like you need a friend who’s a girl. And I promise, I’m not of those who gossip about others, go to parties or sleep with everyone I meet. I’m actually a demigod and a wizard.” She nodded knowingly as I laughed loudly, my laugh echoing throughout the auditorium.

Finally, someone I can talk to.

I looped an arm around her, leading the both of us out of the auditorium and to our classroom. It was crowded as always, and loud since the teacher isn’t present yet. It was Dobee’s turn to pull me, towards two empty seats beside the window that is. She took a seat and gestured me to do also.

“So~ do you like Mingyu-ssi?” she asked curiously, but I could sense she already knew. I chuckled and saw Mingyu laughing at the corner of my eye. It was nice to see him smiling.

“As a friend, yes. But more than that-“

“Oh, come on! It shows that you like him. According to the crush formula, if you think about him or care for him more than you could imagine, then you like him,” she summed up as I raised an impressed eyebrow. I never knew there was a formula for that.

“What the- Okay, never mind. And I really don’t like Mingyu like that-“

“Oh shut up.” I looked behind me to see a girl with straight, jet black hair with her hands on her hips, looking at me as if I killed her dog. I cleared my throat and leaned back on my chair comfortably.

“Pardon me?”

“You obviously like Mingyu oppa! If you didn’t, why did you disturb him in the ceremony? Aigoo, another desperate girl to get him to notice you, eh?” She sighed sympathetically, shaking her head. I stood up, pushing the chair behind me. Sure I was cheerful most of the time, but it didn’t mean that I took crap from anybody.

“Well you obviously don’t know what being worried about him is. Is politeness so rare these days that people like you mistake it as flirting?” I countered as she scoffed, flipping her hair. I saw Mingyu stop laughing and glance at our argument.

“Stop pretending. You like him, and he knows it. He doesn’t like you back. That’s life, darling.” The girl that I don’t even know, retorted sweetly as I sighed, blowing the bangs off my face.

“You listen here you little-“

”Aiden, enough.” I stopped talking as I heard Mingyu talk. I blinked at him, seeing him looking at the girl in a surly manner. I couldn’t find the words to put Mingyu in his place.

“Dobee, can you tell your sister to sit down,” Mingyu instructed as my jaw dropped, glancing at Dobee who was smiling anxiously.

“Shinyi-“

“Don’t tell me what to do Dobee! And Mingyu oppa, how could you-“

“How could I what? You were being too noisy. And besides, Aiden wasn’t offending you in any way, am I right?” Mingyu retorted harshly as I smiled gratefully. Though he was hostile, he still looks out for me.

“But oppa-“

“Shinyi, just sit down! You’re embarrassing the both of us!” Dobee said in contempt as Shinyi flamed bright red, going over to sit down in her chair. I glanced at Mingyu, realizing he was looking at me also.

It was time.

“Mingyu-ah, can I please talk to you alone?” I pleaded as he sighed, bidding his friends goodbye. I smiled a bit, exiting the room with Mingyu right behind me. I closed the door quietly, facing him.

“Why?” I asked simply, but I knew he knew what I was talking about. He sighed and ruffled up his hair, his perfect styled up hair now messy.

“Please don’t freak out, okay?”

“Why would I freak-“

“Because I was the one who was hiding behind the bushes, the one you saw running away. I swear, I was just worried! Hansol and you are just kids, and anyone can jump you in anytime! So I followed both of you home and watched you guys talk. He…he gave you a-“

“Carnation.” Realization poured down on me as I pointed at him, a smile growing as Mingyu looked suspicious.

“Aiden-“

“You’re jealous of Hansol! Ever since you walked in on us in the practice room!” I figured out as Mingyu blushed, immediately covering my mouth.

“Sshh! Do you want someone to catch us?”

“Mingyu hyung? Aiden?” I and Mingyu glanced to our left to see Seunggwan looking clueless at the both of us.

“Uhm, this isn’t what it looks like?” I defended weakly as Seunggwan chuckled, shaking his head. He winked at his hyung as Mingyu blushed.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I ship MinAi.”

 

author's note: is this update alright? :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Friday, May 17, 2013 10:03am