Reasons

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

It was amazing, the kiss. I have never felt such a soft pair before - well, of course he was my first kiss. Oh shi-

My eyes widened as I leaned away from Hansol, a hand on my mouth in shock. He was my first kiss, and it was just in a school dance slash play?!

I took a step back as Hansol tilted his head to one side, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion was my best guess. I dropped my hand and pouted, the people already not noticing us. They went to dance as DJ Bu turned up the music with GOT7's Girls, Girls, Girls. On the dance floor was Soonyoung, who I was surprised to see. But that was not important right now.

Sure, call me the girliest girl in the world, but I imagined my first kiss to be somewhere romantic - at a park maybe? Or in a restaurant? With someone I cherished wholly and would love until time ends. But instead, I kissed a boy I have only known a month for. There goes another crushed dream.

I sighed placed a hand on my hip as I blew the bangs off my face to see Hansol clearly. No surging emotions cursed through the fourteen year old me, to be honest. Just disbelief is all. Hansol smiled his million watt smile (the one he uses to get fangirls on his feet) before he puckered his lips teasingly. Ah, I knew what that boy was doing.

"Yah, this kiss didn't happen. It was a friendly kiss. A friendship kiss if you must say. It's very childish really, it means nothing. You can call it a friss so it would sound cool." I nodded with my eyes wide, trying to persuade him with my (hopefully) scary stare. Hansol just dropped his smile and raised his eyebrows high up that his bangs covered them.

He coughed before putting a hand on his heart, tilting his head in an angle that was looking up at the ceiling slightly before saying, "Hansol Vernon Chwe - or Choi, wathever - I, Aiden Geum also known as Doshin Geum, sincerely likes you~"

My eyes widened even more as I landed a slap on his chest, which he stumbled back on with a cheerful laugh.

"STOP TEASING ME FOR RAZIEL'S SAKE-"

"Who's Raziel? Is it a guy? Do you spend time with him?" Hansol interrupted, his tone stern. I blinked as my anger on him vanished. He thought Raziel was a guy, huh? More like the angel in The Mortal Instruments. I rolled my eyes and decided to continue with the joke.

"Yeah. Our dream is to work at McDonald's together, marry, have fifty kids, sixteen cats, go to space and eat cranberries for the rest of our lives," I said in the most monotone voice I can muster and looking at Hansol dead straight. He giggled, reaching out for my hand as I didn't stop him. I guess this 'liking' thing is getting better and better. He flipped his hair a little and approached me more, poking my right cheek as I involuntarily puffed them out.

"Aigoo, so cute. You think you could fool me? I read fiction books too you know," he slightly whispered, so that I am the only one who can hear. I smiled as I looked up at him, him mirroring the same expression as me. When I confessed to him, it's like the weight of the sky suddenly vanished. I was finally alright to say what I want in front of him without watching my mouth. And the dude likes me back! What is better than that?

I broke away from the staring competition and looked around. Others were still dancing around, but the nice thing is, is that they all formed a huge circle and each and everyone part of it danced in the middle before pointing at someone. I guess Hansol saw me looking at the dancer with absolute longing (Two words. Sleeveless. Boy.) because he held my hand tighter.

"Shall we go dance, my lady?" He asked as I looked up at him, a smirk forming on my lips. Though he was someone who I know likes me (and I like him back), I'm not going to back down to him. After all, we're both dancers. I winked at him and held his hand back, intertwining our fingers together. Ah, so soft and holding hand-able.

"Only if you go first." I pulled him into a run, and as I got to the circle, I laughed before pushing him in the front, the guy in the middle quickly merging in the circle. Hansol looked lost, like a puppy as I silently squealed at how cute he looks. Imagine his doe-like eyes searching the room for ideas to do. His face suddenly lit up as I stopped laughing and crumping to the beat. Hansol grabbed a chair, pulled it to the middle, and started to dance.

"OH!" The crowd cheered in appreciation (even Mingyu!) as Hansol started to move on the dance floor with the chair. My jaw was hanging open as I watched his body movements. His popping, his locking, his crumping were all to the beat, and it's as if he planned this to happen. Or he was an incredible dancer. There were some parts were he faltered, when he ran out of ideas, but then picked back up by letting the crowd cheer.

A smile grew on my face as I saw him enjoy himself in dancing. So cute. I clapped along with the unknown girl beside me (who was silently sobbing because she was a SEVENTEEN fan). Suddenly, Hansol faced me, all sweaty and panting (which looked absolutely fine on him), and pointed at me with his devilish smirk that anyone could die for. I blinked in confusion, my mind going blank. The only thing I could think of was,

What should I do, for chicken's sake?!

A pair of strong and firm hands were placed on my shoulders, pushing me to the dance floor forcefully. I landed on Hansols chest fortunately, turning my head to see who did it. It was Adam. My eyes widened in fear, but the smiling but tired face of Adam showed me that he forgave me for doing double jobs. I smiled back at him before pushing Hansol to the crowd. I grabbed the chair, stepped on the seat, stood up on it before jumping back down, landing in a perfect split.

Yeah, that's right open-mouthed Hansol and SEVENTEEN members. It's not only you who were born from a boombox.

I started dancing my heart out, not caring which moves flows out of my body as I let my happiness flow from tip to toe. I stomped my feet, clapped my hands and felt the beat, feeling myself tearing the dance floor. Facial expressions ranged from shocked to fierce. I was feeling it too much when someone pushed me to the circle again. I turned around and saw Jihoon smirking at me.

I laughed, bowing, signaling my turn was done. Everyone watched Jihoon dance this time (Wonwoo and Soonyoung joining after) as I slowly backed away from the crowd. I looked around for Hansol, spotting him coming towards me. I smiled and ran towards him, poking his sides that made him bend the opposite of my hand, smiling.

"Hey you. You were awesome out there! That split was spot on," Hansol complimented as I felt my cheeks burn for the compliment. Sure, I've received a lot of compliments from people before (even great choreographers) but I've only blushed now when Hansol complimented me. His hand wove with mine as if it was natural. I squeezed it once before leading the both of us away from the dance floor, now entering the hallway of the school.

I was done from the dance. I looked around, trying to spot Adam, but I couldn't. I shrugged and walked while holding Hansol's hand. We walked in silence through the hallway, the faint drop of the bass still ringing in my ears. I hummed a little when Hansol spoke up.

"So, what are we?"

"Humans, duh. Unless you want to be an alien, then I have no objections-"

"You know that's not what I mean, Doshin."

I pouted and stopped walking, facing him with a confused expression. Only people use my Korean name when they have something important to say or if they're mad at me. Hansol had a poker face on, the expression I hated the most. You just couldn't read a person if they had it on.

"Well...we can't be together. We're too young. You're going to be an idol, and I'll own a fashion company. And that's in the near future, two years or five years from now, you'll be dancing and singing on the stage with thousands of fans as I take trips to Milan to watch fashion shows and become some kind of prodigy my parents want me to be. We...I don't know. I like you, I really do but...it can't be."

I took a deep breathe, letting out a sigh after. It was true, wasn't it? That we couldn't be together. Which fan would like their idol, especially a good-looking rookie idol, have a girlfriend after just debuting? That's like a critical hit for the group and that member. Hansol's grip on my hand slackened, and I really wish it didn't.

"I know. I know that we can't be together because of those reasons. You were always the one with the reason, but me? I choose to live life as it is. If there's a reason, there is, but it's not going to change anything, especially for me. If I want something, like something, I'll show it. I don't care for the reasons, for the people against it. I just care for what I want, what makes me happy. Why can't you, Doshin?"

Hansol asked simply as I let go of his hand totally, clasping my own hands together, for they were shaking. I looked down on the floor, my brain overworking itself as I tried to think of a long and meaningful reason. But just like the dust that has been blown away like the wind, I wasn't fast enough to stay and come up with a reason.

"Darn it, Hansol."  

 

Sorry for not updating for six months! Oh gosh, I'm so lazy orz ;; 

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:01pm