Cupid Mingyu

90 Days With 17 Idiots [DISCONTINUED]
 

“So, is serious Mingyu gone?” I asked in a joking tone, but on the inside, I was seriously hoping Serious Mingyu disappeared. He was cool alright, but it scared me to death to know that someone as childish as Mingyu can be like that.

Mingyu laughed, ruffling his hair more so that it would go back down to his old style, when his hair was swept to one side.

It was lunch, but we both decide to skip it. Part of it because Seunggwan kept on teasing us treating each other like a couple, and because Mingyu explained that a lot of girls came to him in lunch and talked to him, but he wanted to eat.

So here we were, in the schoolyard, sitting on the bench and enjoying the afternoon sun. It was a lazy afternoon, not much events were going on. Except one though. The February Dance. It was going to be held on the 14th, and the school council is going ballistic with the decorations and everything that relates to a dance.

I’ve never been to a dance yet, since I always transfer schools before even attending one. I was grateful that they announced the dance on February, which meant I get to go.

“Yes, the serious Mingyu is gone,” Mingyu assured, leaning back on the bench while stretching his long legs, crossing them over each other. I laughed, feeling relieved. Finally. I scooted closer to Mingyu, laying my head on his shoulder, his arm resting on the back rest of the bench.

“So, what compelled the childish Mingyu to turn so scary?” I asked curiously, playing with my fingers. I was honestly curious on why did he decide to be like that for at least an hour. I felt his shrug, as I heard his sigh.

“I don’t know. It was because of my mood I guess. I was a bit sadistic in the morning, and my thoughts were all negative,”

“Why?”

“I don’t know. That’s the weird part,” Mingyu replied exasperatedly. I nodded, noting to stray away from that subject. Whatever, it’s over now.

I sat up straight, lifting my head and looking at Mingyu happily. He raised a suspicious eyebrow as I grinned.

“Aren’t you part of the play that they’re going to hold in the February Dance?” I asked him excitedly, punching his shoulder repeatedly while trying to hold in my cheer. Seeing Mingyu act would be awesome.

Mingyu groaned, rolling his eyes as he stood up.

“Come on, we have to get to class-“

“YAH! Tell me first why you auditioned to be Cupid?”

“Not too loud!” Mingyu hissed, putting a finger to his lips. I stuck my tongue out playfully, standing up too. I put two hands on my hips, smirking in a victorious way.

“So, you like to act huh? When’s your rehearsal? Who are the other actors? Wh-“

“LALALA! NOT LISTENING!” Mingyu shouted childishly, stuffing two fingers in his ears as I blew the bangs off my face, sighing. Mingyu was walking away leisurely, his fingers still stuffed in his ears as I positioned myself as if I was going to run a marathon.

“Ready – Set – GO!” I started running towards Mingyu, and once I was close enough, I jumped on his back.

“Yah! Geum Doshin!”

“Eh, DON’T CALL ME THAT!”

“GET OFF ME THEN!”

We both struggled for a few minutes, Mingyu trying to pry me off as I wrapped my arms and legs around him like I was a koala. He struggled a bit, eventually tripping on his feet and falling sideways.

“OW!” We both chorused in pain as I touched my head, since it was throbbing a bit. I glanced at Mingyu to see if he was okay. He was sprawled on the ground, looking defeated. I turned sideways so I could see Mingyu more. I poked his nose.

“Hey, are you alive?”

“Not for long. My rehearsal starts in two minutes,”

“THEN LET’S GO!” I pulled him to his feet, smiling happily as I dragged him to the auditorium.

~.~

 

“Should I talk to him? What if he doesn’t like me?” Shinyi asked herself as I snorted, rolling my eyes.

“Yah, be nice to my sister,” Dobee reprimanded, punching me on the shoulder lightly as I tried to hold in a laugh.

“Dude, you can act better than her!”

“Oh my gosh, I can act better than her! I should’ve been Kim Cheonsa. I could’ve rocked that white dress,” I heard Seunggwan say as I chuckled, shaking my head.

Us three were seated in the front row, watching the practice of ‘Cupid or Boyfriend?’ the play the seniors and juniors alike. Mingyu played cupid, and Shinyi – Dobee’s sister – got to play Cheonsa, the silly girl who believes only in love. She’s in love with the school’s biggest player, Park Jae Yoon, but she’s just a nerd, so why would he like her?

Basically, the story ends with Cheonsa ending up with the player, but Cupid (Mingyu) loves her ever since Cheonsa asked help from him to make Jaeyoon fall in love with her.

Slightly cliché, but hey, they didn’t hire me as a scriptwriter.

“You have to talk to him, Cheonsa! It’s the only way I can shoot an arrow at him! If you’re not there when I shoot the arrow, he can love someone else!” Mingyu told Cheonsa from up above, which meant, the catwalk.

“So, Mingyu will really have a harness and fly most of the time?” Dobee asked me curiously as I shrugged, slumping on my seat as I watched Shinyi and Mingyu.

“I guess so. Wouldn’t that hurt in the ?”

“Eh, Mingyu has a nice and firm though,” Seunggwan defended, nodding as he observed his friend. I glanced at Seunggwan, raising an eyebrow.

“Are you sure you don’t have a thing for Mingyu?”

“Nah, there’s this girl online though-“

“OKAY!” I and Dobee chorused, not wanting to hear Seunggwan’s love story. We both giggled as Seunggwan pouted.

So, how’d we get to watch their practice?

Simple, we skipped class. And, Dobee is part of the school council, she’s the representative.

“Isn’t Ms. Choi going to kill us when she realizes were not in her class?” Dobee whispered, since one of the students who were working on the decorations were glaring at us.

“Eh, you’re part of the council. I’ll just say I’m with you,”

“Then how about me?!” Seunggwan demanded as I shrugged, smiling.

“Well, you can always say you were casted as a tree,”

“Ugh, I really don’t know what Hansol sees in you,” Seunggwan retorted, shaking his head. My eyes widened at what he said, my ears perking up.

“Hansol? Hansol of Seventeen?” Dobee asked me curiously as I nodded, still mesmerized.

“Seunggwan – why’d you ask what Hansol sees in me? He doesn’t like…like me right?” I asked him, gulping. Seunggwan smirked, taking out his phone.

“Well, he has been talking about you nonstop. I don’t know if he really likes you, but I can sense that he’s different with you,” Seunggwan explained as I punched his shoulder.

"YAH! Can’t you be vaguer?!”

“Calm down! Sheesh, it’s as if I told you he was cheating on you!”

“Seunggwan, Aiden’s like that because she likes Hansol!” Dobee reasoned, smiling to herself.

“She does?!”

“I do?!”

“SHUT UP GUYS!” Mingyu shouted from the catwalk as we all glanced at him. He was blushing a bit, and I won’t blame him. He was wearing a pink crown and angel wings.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t say that if I had a pink crown!”

“Or going to wear a diaper in the play!” I added in with Seunggwan as Mingyu glared at us, pointing an arrow at our direction. Just the arrow, not with the bow.

“YAH! Do you want me to tell Ms. Choi you three are skipping classes?!”

“Do you want me to tell Aiden how much you like her?” Seunggwan countered as Mingyu’s mouth hung agape. His eyes widened, fumbling with the bow on his back. He put the arrow in the bow as I saw Seunggwan stand up in alarm.

“Oh Seunggwan, you better run!” Dobee warned as I started laughing. Mingyu’s murderous stare at Seunggwan was hilarious.

”STAY STILL!”

“EOMMA!” Seunggwan screeched as Mingyu started shooting arrows at Seunggwan’s direction. It wasn’t real arrows, per se, but it was enough to make anyone nervous if it was directed at them.

”I feel sorry for that Seunggwan,” Dobee sympathized as I snorted, rolling my eyes. The drama club, who was also part of making the play, tried to get everything back in order.

“Oh Dobee, everyone does.” 

 

author's note: i hoped you guys liked this update :)

A link to help you know Seventeen a bit more: seventeen names

Monday, May 20, 2013 2:51pm