Really

The Manny
Jiyong curls himself up into a ball on his hot mattress. The weather tonight is really humid and hot. Though they do have air conditioning...the bill is just too high for them to keep up, so keeping the air off has been nothing new...but some nights they wish they had it on. Dara is fast a sleep but Jiyong has been tossing and turning all night. He just can't sleep. 
 
His boss confessed to him today. To most people a confession is the ideal thing in this world. Even sometimes in the work place a confession turns into a happy ending like you see in the movies. For Jiyong it's a little more complicated...he has his rules. Yea yea he knows he needs to get rid of the rules but these rules have kept him a job for these past five years as a Manny. 
 
Jiyong has never once thought about his bosses in a way that is not on a professional level...until now. Seunghyun has him feeling things that he has never felt before. His heart races, his skin turns red at least once a day, and just getting out a sentence can be a task. Just the man's presence has him turning into all three of those things; which is a stuttering, red, heart racing mess. 
 
The Manny rolls over again with his blanket wrapped around him. He is sweating bullets but for some reason he likes the comfort of a blanket. The innocence of being swaddled just like a baby and wanting to just not think. It worked for about three hours, but the heat is making him think and it's pissing him off. 
 
"Argh!" Jiyong growls as he unrolls him self from his second hand blanket. He stands in the dark room and flicks on his lamp. He takes a look at him self in front of his dressing mirror and can see the sweat glissing on his pale skin. "Aigo." Jiyong runs a hand through his sweaty hair as he makes the short trip to their kitchen. He walks up to the freezer and opens it wide. The small hum of the machine makes him smile as he moves his face closer to the machine. 
 
The cool air makes his body react quickly to the change and it's some relief. Jiyong then hears foots steps behind him. "Just a little longer noona..." mumbles the younger. Dara has her arms crossed looking at her odd dongsaeng. "Is it that hot?" 
 
Jiyong pulls back from the ridge and nods vigorously. "I'm dying...I know we agreed....but damn it's too hot..." 
 
Dara nods "Ne...it's hot...but the air is not coming on...to expensive...you know you will be pissed when you see the bill..." Jiyong leans against the counter with the freezer still open and murmurs. "Yea...you are right. Did I wake you again?" 
 
Dara smiles gently. "I wasn't really fully sleep yet. I texted Dong Wook for a while before I turned out the light...why are you awake...this is not like you. Something wrong?" 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "You asked me the same question three times." 
 
Dara clicks her tongue. "What ever" She takes a seat at their small breakfast table. "Spill it...it's about your boss right?" 
 
Jiyong takes a seat at the table. "Ne...it's about him...." Jiyong looks down at his pajamas. 
 
"So what happen?" 
 
"I put in my two weeks?" 
 
Dara sits up "Oh...I thought that you were going to stick it out?" 
 
Jiyong sighs. "You were right...it's too much....I got too close...I need to leave and move on to another family." 
 
Dara listens how the younger sounds really down. "Is that the real reason?" 
 
"Ne..." says Jiyong again in the same tone. He doesn't want to tell her about the confession. He has enough on his mind. "It's just time to move on. Raeyoo deserves someone else." 
 
Dara scoots her chair close to Jiyong and puts her arm around him. "I know that this is hard for you...but I'm glad that you made the right decision. You got out before you got hurt..." Jiyong nods saying yes to his noona's statement but really it's too late...he is already hurt. Putting in his two weeks is something he wants to take back. He doesn't want to leave....but it's out there...
 
"Ne...it's going to be hard saying good bye to Raeyoo...I really liked her..." says Jiyong sheading a tear. Dara looks her dongsaeng over as he sheds tears with the thoughts of leaving the happy family. "She is really a wonderful baby..." 
 
Dara nods. "I'm sure she is. You still have some time left...are you going to finish you two weeks or leave early?" 
 
Jiyong smiles and turns to his noona. "I can't just leave...I have to get her use to me not being there...she will eventually....forget...." Jiyong sheds another tear. Dara rubs Jiyong's shoulder. "You sure you want to do this? I know that I can be a hard at times...but are you really sure?" 
 
Jiyong slowly nods. "Yea....I'm sure...." 
 
////////////////////The Choi's/////////////////////
 
Jiyong puts in the code to the condo and walks into a dimly lit kitchen. Not that he was expecting anything but....he kinda did. He already misses the breakfast and his boss randomly in the kitchen when he gets there. Jiyong places his bag on the kitchen table and grabs his apron to start to prepare breakfast for Raeyoo. 
 
It feels almost sad when Jiyong starts to chop the veggies for the little one. What he makes for the next two weeks will be the last meals he makes for her ever. Jiyong knows he brought this on himself....
 
Seunghyun comes from his bedroom already in his suit and tie. He digs in his brief case as he approaches the kitchen. He had no idea that Jiyong was already there....well it's seven....of course he is. Seunghyun places his bag down on the taller counter and digs in his bag some more. The older couldn't sleep last night. He kept himself busy all night with files that needed to be read...already turning into a work-a-holic again. 
 
Jiyong of course hears the man in the room, but he doesn't acknowledge him yet...he is afraid that Seunghyun might see through him. Seunghyun of course comes next to the younger and watches how he keeps busy. "Are you going to ignore me the next two weeks too?" says the older trying to sound normal...but the humor is very sad. Jiyong stops chopping and bows. "No Mr. Choi...sorry I was preparing food for Raeyoo." 
 
The formal language again. Seunghyun hates this...but he is leaving...he is the one that confessed. Every minute with Jiyong now makes him regret even saying a word. If he could take back those words he would still be on his side. Maybe then...Jiyong would grow to like him. Seunghyun then takes his bag. "I'm leaving now..." 
 
Jiyong then looks up.. "You don't want to eat breakfast?" Jiyong then notices the man in front of him. He can tell that he didn't get much sleep either with his not so done hair and puff eyes. This makes Jiyong feel like an even bigger jerk. "Please...eat something..." 
 
Seunghyun almost wants to sit at the table...but it will just set himself up for a fantasy that will never exsist. "No...I should get to the office. I will be back at ten." 
 
The door opens and then closes before Jiyong could get in a word. Seunghyun just can't talk to him right now. It's not that he is mad at him....he is just not sure of what he will do. He can't control his feelings if he is passionate about someone. The rejection is actually making him want to see him more. The older gets onto the elevator. The machine goes down to the parking garage at a slow rate. The older taps his shoe impatiently on the metal floors. "Aish will this thing move faster." Finally the doors open and  Seunghyun walks over to his luxury car to  open the door. The push start turns the engine on to a roar and the lawyer drives his way to work. 
 
/////////////////////The condo//////////////////////
 
Jiyong walks into Raeyoo's room and watches her sleep. The little one likes to wiggle in her sleep and Jiyong finds it heavenly. Raeyoo kicks off her blanket again and wiggles to the other side of the crib. Jiyong quietly laughs to himself as the baby gets comfortable again. Jiyong then takes the laundry basket from her room to clean her clothes. 
 
Being a nanny at the moment really helps to get his mind off of personal things. He can now focus his mind on getting finger paint out of a baby's clothes. He takes a couple of stained dresses and puts them in the kitchen sink. Jiyong chuckles as he sees the stains on the dresses. "Aigo, little one is messy this week." 
 
Jiyong takes some detergent starts to prewash some of the garments. He then turns the sink off to hear a random noise. "A cell phone..." Jiyong murmurs as he walks down the hallway. He then notices the sound is coming from Seunghyun's room. Jiyong is not sure if he should go in or not...but the phone might wake up Raeyoo..."Aish..." Jiyong opens the door to the large bedroom and comes into a messy room. The bed is not made and clothes are all over the floor. 
 
Jiyong steps around as he hears the phone going off for the second time. Finally he sees a light reflecting off of a random pair of socks. Jiyong picks up the phone but it slips out of his hand. "Aish..." he says again. 
 
"Hello?....hello?" says a muffled voice. Jiyong then gets wide eyed. He didn't know that he answered the call. He picks up the phone and answers it. "Hel hello?" says the nanny with a quiet voice. "Ah Jiyong right?" 
 
Jiyong doesn't recognize the voice. "Ne..." 
 
"It's Cherin. We met yesterday...I was just calling oppa to see if he was on his way to work...did he leave?" 
 
Jiyong nods to himself. "Ne. He did..." 
 
Cherin then sighs. "I told him to stay in...he has fever..." 
 
Jiyong then gets wide eyed. "He does?" 
 
"Ne...he told me he didn't get much sleep and got sick last night..." 
 
"Oh..." says Jiyong feeling  another layer of guilt. Cherin then continues. "He must have gotten too into work last night....hehehe..." says the younger trying to smooth over the situation. "Don't worry....I will take care of him..." 
 
Jiyong feels terrible. "Should I bring him something by?" 
 
Cherin smiles on her end of the phone. "You don't need to worry. I will make sure he gets his fever down." 
 
"Okay...well I guess he won't have a phone today." Jiyong then hears the baby wake up. "I need to go now..." He hopes that Cherin doesn't think that he is rushing her off the phone...the baby really did wake up. "Okay Jiyong Shi. I will tell him you have the phone." 
 
"No...tell him it's in his room..." 
 
"Understood." They both hang up and Raeyoo stops crying. Jiyong chuckles a bit to the timing. "Great timing little one." says the Manny in a whisper. Jiyong is not use to a modern smart phone so he doesn't know how to lock it. He pushes a couple of buttons and it brings him to the home screen. He then looks at the back ground picture....it's from two days ago when they were painting. 
 
It's of Jiyong helping Raeyoo put her fingers in the paint. Jiyong smiles a bit to the picture..."You little sneak." He finally figures out how to lock the phone and puts it on the messy bed. He wants to clean the room....but he doesn't feel right doing it. He now starts to feel even more guilty as he stands in a room that is not his. Breaking rules day by day is what Jiyong is doing. The Manny then notices a  couple of pictures in a corner. Jiyong out of curiosity walks closer to see. 
 
As he gets closer he knows exactly who it is...it's Raeyoo's mother. Jiyong picks up a picture frame and looks the woman over. She is beautiful in the picture with her white teeth and pale skin. Her wedding ring glistens on her left hand and she truly looks happy. Jiyong for a second is jealous that she was in such a beautiful family and that her and Seunghyun produced such a beautiful child. Jiyong doesn't know much about her...but to him she looks like a kind soul. He wonders what it was like to wake up day to day to a wonderful man. Jiyong puts the photo down and then picks up the other. This one has Raeyoo's mother very pregnant with a big bump. Jiyong chuckles a little at the picture. "Raeyoo is so big in there" He puts the photo down and then proceeds to leave the room. 
 
Another rule broken but curiosity fueled him to look at those pictures. He always wondered what Raeyoo's mom looked like and he can truly see the beauty in her. He only wishes that Raeyoo will get another wonderful mother...so she can forget him...
 
"Waaaaaaaa" goes the baby again and Jiyong figures that this time she is finally awake. "Heeeelllo my little princess." The little one smiles from her crib and wiggles. "My love you ready to wake up?" Jiyong reaches in and picks her up. He then feels her diaper. "Looks like we have a morning poo" The little one giggles. "asdkfasklf" 
 
"Neeeee we need to change this my beautiful" 
 
"asdlfdkfdkldf" says the baby while Jiyong changes her diaper. Jiyong puts on the new diaper and puts the little one back into his arms. Raeyoo stares into Jiyong's eyes and smiles. Jiyong smoothes her hair back and kisses her cheek gently. "I'm going to miss you" He brings her into a hug and rocks her from side to side. Raeyoo smiles and hugs him back with her little arms. Jiyong releases the hug and smiles into the little eyes. "You are going to be a wonderful woman in life and you will make your appa and umma proud. Ne?" The little one looks at Jiyong with a puzzled look but yet smiles again. "gah gah gah asdkjaf" She leans in and kisses Jiyong's cheek with drool. Jiyong chuckles. "I guess that is a promise." 
 
///////////////////////10pm/////////////////////
 
The baby is sleep and Jiyong is sitting at the kitchen table for his boss's arrival. Like clock work the door opens at 10pm with a sluggish Seunghyun coming through the door. Jiyong stands as he hears the foot steps coming in. He bows slightly. "I put Raeyoo to bed and I washed the..." Jiyogn stops when he looks at his boss. "Mr. Choi?" 
 
Seunghyun didn't take any medicine today. He was stubborn and didn't want to help himself. Jiyong comes over and with instinct puts his hand to the older's forehead. Jiyong pulls his hand away as his hand now feels like fire. "Mr. Choi...you are burning up...Cherin said that she was going to fix your fever...." 
 
The older shrugs his shoulders. "I told her I was busy....I didn't want any meds...." 
 
Jiyong goes to the kitchen and wets a cloth. "But why....this is not good." The younger is worried. Seunghyun has been feverish all day and knowing his stubborn streak he can see Cherin trying to fix his fever. 
 
Seunghyun puts his brief case down and rejects the cloth that Jiyong is about to put on his head. "I don't need that..." Jiyong feels a bit of rejection. He then wonders if this is the kind of rejection that his boss feels. Jiyong then tries again only to get the cloth pushed away. "I told you I'm fine Jiyong Shi" the formal words hurt his heart. Jiyong is not sure what to do...but he wants to help him...he can't leave with him like this. "I can't leave you like this....what about Raeyoo...what if she wakes up and you are too sick to help her...." 
 
"I'm not that sick..." Seunghyun grumbles and picks up his brief case again to only get it snatched away. "Yah. Give that back." Seunghyun is then taken back to the first days of them when Jiyong took his brief case away to make him eat breakfast. Seunghyun tries again to grab the case but he is too weak. Jiyong looks up at the man. "Stop being stubborn and listen to me." Jiyong is now talking informal to the man and it gets his attention. "Just go home Jiyong." says the older informally back. 
 
Jiyong then sighs and takes the man by the wrist dragging him towards his bedroom. Seunghyun must be really sick because there is no way that JIypng is that  strong in real life. Jiyong opens the door and bends down to pick up some random pajamas. "Here" He throws the pajamas at the man. "Put these on and get in bed. I will bring your dinner in a couple of minutes." Seunghyun is speechless. Jiyong not only ordered him...the older is now obeying his demands. 
 
Seunghyun changes into the clothes and washes his face before he gets into bed. He doesn't know what to do....Jiyong is doing it again....messing with his heart. He says he doesn't want to get close...but he does. 
 
Jiyong comes into the room with a tray of rice pourage. It didn't take long to make but it was a little bit of a task finding a tray to place the rather large bowl and drink. Seunghyun watches how the younger brings in the tray of food to then be placed on his lap. "Here...eat this...and drink this..this natural drink should help to bring down your fever.." 
 
Seunghyun sighs. "Jiyong you don't." "Just eat will ya." says Jiyong sitting at the foot of the bed. "I'm not leaving until you eat all of that food." Seunghyun then suddenly finds the cutness that he has missed. Jiyong let down his barrier wall for this moment. "I will eat it well" says the older as he digs into the food. Rice pourage is normally not the most requested Korean dish,  but when made right it's really nice to have when sick. 
 
Jiyong watches as the food disappears. Seunghyun then looks up. "All done..." Jiyong gets off the bed and walks over to the older's bed side. He brings his hand up and places it on the older's forehead again. Seunghyun watches as Jiyong takes his temperature. His smaller hand has his thumb running across his eyebrows making Jiyong look even cuter.
 
"Hmmm better." says Jiyong to himself. "Lay down..." Seunghyun does as told and watches as Jiyong brings a cloth into the room. "Now keep this cloth on your head. It will help you." 
 
Seunghyun chuckles. Jiyong tries not to smile...but it's nice to hear Seunghyun laugh. "I can just take some cold meds and I should be fine then..." 
 
Jiyong shakes his head. "Those drugs are not good for your body. It only suppresses things..." Jiyong places the cloth on the older and then leaves the room.  Seunghyun closes his eyes "Thanks Jiyong. See you tomorrow..." 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "Ohhh I'm not leaving yet...not until that fever goes down. I can't leave Raeyoo with a sick appa..." 
 
"Well I'm glad you care for us" says the older with his eyes closed. Jiyong smiles from the door way and doesn't say a word. 
 
The rest of the night Jiyong watches as the sleeping man's fever goes down. Seunghyun's body ended up being stubborn because the fever took a while to go down but it eventually did. 
 
////////////////////////////////////4:30am/////////////////////////////
 
Seunghyun wakes up a bit from his slumber. He normally doesn't go to bed early so his body naturally woke up. He opens his eyes to a dimly lit room. He raises up a bit and feels a dry cloth fall from his head. The older catches the dry cloth and smiles at it. He feels a lot better all thanks to Jiyong. The man who says that he doesn't want to get close...Seunghyun then hears light snors from his bed side. He looks over and finds Jiyong's small body curled up on the floor next to the bed. His hand is still in grasp of a dry cloth. Seunghyun finds the sight adorable how Jiyong was so eager to exchange the cloths to make him feel better. 
 
The older gets out of the bed quietly and bends down to pick up Jiyong to put him in his bed. He lays the small frame on his 4000 count Egyptian cotton linens. Jiyong snuggles into the pillow and smiles in his sleep. Seunghyun chuckles a bit. He knows that Jiyong will pitch a fit in the morning but Seunghyun can't leave him sleeping on the floor. Seunghyun climbs on the other side and places pillows in between them making a barrier. The older pulls the blanket up to Jiyong's shoulders and smiles as the sleeping man snors. Seunghyun chuckles to himself as he rolls to his side of the bed. 
 
"Good night Jiyong" 

***Heeeeey all how are you all! Thank you for reading!! Please leave me your feedback of what you liked I really enjoy your comments. It doesn't matter how long or short. I enjoy them. Thanks again for reading! Love!