2 years later....

The Manny

A light thud wakes Jiyong out of his sleep with a smile. He is use to the now 4 year old waking up the family. "Appa the Gummie Bears are on...." whines the younger one to her daddy tugging at his clothing. Jiyong groans a bit. "You know...those Gummie bears will come on again and again right." 

"I want to watch them all four times today Appa." The little one tugs at Jiyong's clothing again. Jiyong loves these moments. He knows that he will need to cherish all of these moments because Raeyoo will one day not be this small...she will only be this innocent once in her life. Jiyong sits up in the bed and stare at her dark eyes. More and more she looks like her father with her strong features but still has the softness of her mother to make her a very beautiful little girl. 

With hair that is now down past her shoulders the little one shakes hair at her appa. "Appppaaaaaaaa" She pulls at his arm and Jiyong with unbrushed teeth gets out of bed of the still dark room. He brushes his teeth quickly with the little dark eyes watching his every move to have her teeth brush soon after followed by the washing of her face. She is still not a fan of water in her face. "Almost done baby" The little one stays still but you can tell this is not her favorite thing to do. 

The condo is still the same. It's a 4 bedroom home and massive. Plenty of room for the three of them as Jiyong steps out of the master bedroom King sized bed. The plush carpet make it at little hard to fully awake, but the guidance of this little girls determination to go to the living room wakes him quickly. 

They get to the large living room with windows that show off Seoul in the early 9am morning. Raeyoo flops on the large L shaped sofa while Jiyong grabs the remote to turn on the kids channel that is always on. Jiyong is pretty much use to watching nothing but kid shows. He knows more about these kid shows than current events sometimes. Their TV service has been modified to only be kid friendly so that got rid of most of their channel selection but Jiyong want's Raeyoo to be exposed to only good content so that she can learn and excel in school. 

Jiyong watches how the little one sits on the sofa with eyes stuck to the TV singing along with the opening song to the TV. Most TV show theme songs are very easy it's no more than a couple of words so that the children can follow along. Jiyong laughs a bit as the little one jumps on the sofa with a scream. "GUMMMMIIIEEE BEAAARRRRR HELLLLO HELLLOOOO...." She continues to sing with passion as Jiyong goes over to the large white granite kitchen to open the fridge to of course organic everything. Jiyong still does most of the cooking. Seunghyun....well....he tries. 

Seunghyun who could sleep through a war emerges from the bedroom with crazy hair to the fridge. "Hey baby" says Jiyong at his crazy haired husband. Seunghyun doesn't go into work that early anymore now that the law firm is doing so well he has people to delegate his work to. "Oh did we run out of grapes..." says the man with a yawn. 

Jiyong hums. "Ne...but I almost have the food ready. Did you already shower last night?" 

Seunghyun nods. "You know how I am...I can't go to bed with the day all over my skin...I need my nightly showers babe." 

"I know..." Jiyong chuckles. Seunghyun comes over and gives Jiyong a peck on the lips. "So what you make for me..." says the older lightly grabbing Jiyong's . Jiyong laughs. "Just something simple. Take a seat...I'll bring it over." Seunghyun rubs Jiyong's lower back a couple of times before going over to the round table that seats 8. The difference of this apartment from the other one is that this one is so much larger. Every room has a definition even though it's a open concept. 

"GUmmmmmmieeeeeeeeeesssssssss 1 2 3 4 ....GUMMMMMIEEEEEEEk!" Screams the little one from the living room making the two adults laugh as they are still adjusting to the morning. 

Jiyong puts a plate in front of Seunghyun. "It's crazy she has only been watching that show 2 months." 

"Yeah and she sings those songs as if she has been singing for years." 

"Yeah and with passion." 

"Ne...she is Korean." says the older taking a bite of food. "OOOhhh baby these eggs." 

Jiyong laughs and prepares a small plate from the kitchen to put on the table. "I'm glad you like it." 

"Of course my love. I could show you my appreciation later if you want to." says the older with a grin. 

"Oh really?" says Jiyong with a smile.

"What do you mean by appreciation Appas" says a puzzled little girl. 

Jiyong almost loses it when Raeyoos plate is almost dropped to the floor. Seunghyun laughs hysterically as he turns red. They really need to be careful now that Raeyoo understands anything and everything that is going on. The other bad thing is that she repeats everything. Youngbae learned last week that Jiyong poops at night and doesn't flush enough according to Raeyoo. Don't worry she had a lecture about not talking about what happens in the house should stay in the house. She's just a kid so of course it's really no ones fault. 

Raeyoo eats her food as she watches her show and tries to not sing with the food in . Jiyong puts some Kimchi on her plate and rubs her hair gently as she continues to eat. "Aiiiigooo you are eating so well this morning." 

Raeyooo looks at her Appas and smiles. "I always eat well...Gummies say that breakfast is very important." 

"I said that too." 

"Ne....but they said it too." she says with a smile followed by a laugh. 

Seunghyun stands from the table and kisses his little girls hair. "Time for Dad to get ready for work." Seunghyun is loving that the firm is doing so well. It's doing so well that he has done a couple of appearances on TV. Not so much that he is fighting off the press but he does get recognized in the streets at times. Youngbae and Seunghyun never thought that they would get to so much success. Youngbae and Chaerin are still strong with their twins and since the twins are older they are now in grade school. Since Raeyoo is only four she just goes to a preschool 3 times a week. 

Seunghyun goes to his closet and picks out a grey suit. The trend is that the pants of suits are straight legged and form fitting over all. Jiyong has been buying most of Seunghyun's wardrobe and loves that he is a trendy lawyer. Jiyong has been doing some things too. About a year ago he finished his art school and now has a small gallery by the house. It's something that he got Jiyong after he finished school as a surprise. It was a surprise because Jiyong wouldn't have let him do it if he knew before hand. Jiyong is use to the lifestyle but he is still that kid from super humble beginnings. 

The gallery is very small just a small store front with large windows so that his art can be displayed and also Jiyong has allowed other artist to showcase their art there too in exchange for a small bit of their profit when the art is sold. Jiyong loves doing the gallery because it has always been his dream to do art.

His art is very abstract and doesn't a definite image. It's what you want it to be and Jiyong love to hear everyone's interpretation of what they see. The room next to Raeyoo's is his little art studio with canvas and plenty of paint to do what he wants when he wants. He sure is spoiled but he loves it he knows that Seunghyun will do anything to make sure that they are always happy. 

Raeyoo gets up from the table to walks over to the sink to put the dish in it and then goes over to the sofa to watch the rest of her show. Jiyong loves how independent she is now and sometimes he wishes that he could freeze time...she is growing up too fast. He remembers when she would call for him for everything...and remembers when she could barley talk but Jiyong would know just what she needed. He feels honored to raise her as his own. 

Seunghyun comes from the bedroom with his grey suit and polished looking hair and man bag making Jiyong gape a bit because Seunghyun is truly a very good looking man. Tall with striking features. "Do you want me that bad baby?" says the older with a lower voice so the child doesn't hear. Jiyong nods. "I would just need 10 minutes." 

"Let's go...you could say we are taking a poop." says the older with a grin. Seunghyun loves the little talk in the mornings. They have a very healthy life...they just love each other ya know. 

Raeyoo sees that her daddy is about to leave and comes over to grab his leg in a hug. "Have a great day at work Daddy. Bring me sweeeeetsssss." 

"Nooo you don't need that junk." 

"But appa..." says the young one in a whine. 

"Those twins need to not let her eat candy when they are all at the office Hyunnie." says Jiyong with a concerned tone. "Her teeth health is good. She got good points from the dentist." 

Seunghyun nods. "Well. You can have some bananas or strawberries in the fridge." 

Raeyoo nods. "Nee" she is a good kid and understands when no means no. 

"Well I should head out. I will see you two around 3 or 4 today." 

Jiyong nods. "Ok baby we will see you later today. We will be back before then." 

"Oh? You doing the Gallery today?" 

"Yeah I have some pieces that I want to hang up today. Oh and Lunch today with Mother." 

"Oh great. Tell her that I said hi of course and that her son is loving new watch she got me." 

"I will." says Jiyong with a smile as his husband leaves for the day. 

So...um yea things between Mrs. Choi and the boys are good now. It pretty much came down to her totally not having a relationship with her son or just getting over it and making the most of life. It is still new to her seeing her son not with the ideal woman but she can't help but like Jiyong. His infectious personality and his caring attitude to Raeyoo made her fall in love. 

It was shortly after the wedding that she reached out to them both....she regrets not being there....how happy they were when she saw pictures of them on social media. She saw a happiness that she was missing the whole time that she was with Jiyong. Seunghyun is truly happy...how can she deny that. After a meeting  with a lot of tears and sorrys they all made up. Grandma Choi is more than happy to make things work out with the family. As for Hyori Seunghyun's older sister she did show up last minute to the wedding. Like her mom...it did take her a bit for her to get use to thing.

She is still feels guilty at times about how rude she was to Jiyong when all he was loving to her from the start. They are all good now and now Raeyoo has a new play mate because a year after Seunghyun got remarried. Hyori finally tired the knot and had a child of her own. They live in Busan due to her husband's job but they are of course well off so Hyori is doing well doing nothing and spending money as usual. She sends Jiyong gifts randomly which is her weird way of saying hi, but Jiyong will take that any day. 

/////////////////The Gallery

The Gallery. Which is Jiyong's sanctuary. It's all white and all of the walls are covered in art. There is one comfy round sofa in the middle of the small gallery just in case people from the street want to just take the art in or just have a place for inspiration. Currently the space is taken by a four year old followed by 2 coloring books. 

Jiyong is currently rearranging some of the artwork to make the customers look at the gallery fully weekly. It gets the artist more exposure not every thing the same every time they come into the room. Jiyong's art is always changing and he is always creating new art to place for sale. So far a lot of people have purchased his art and has got a lot of good feedback. Good or bad Jiyong is happy people take the time to look at his work. 

Jiyong can remember the day that Seunghyun gave him this space. Once again it's small but it's perfect with it's tall white walls with a small office in the back followed by a restroom. Jiyong is wearing a very arty attire with straight leg jeans followed by a loose fitting trendy shirt. A lot of people think that he is just a single bachelor until they hear the child call his name. Jiyong finds it amusing how women love the artsy type so much. 

"Is this for sale?" a woman points to some art done by him. 

"Yes...that's done by me." says Jiyong with a grin. 

"Oh...wow." She bows. "I love it...how much." 

Jiyong smiles. "It's 40,000 won(about 40 dollars." 

The woman takes out her car and Jiyong takes out his cell phone and puts on a USB attachment to scan the credit card. Jiyong didn't want a register...it would have taken away the vibe of the space. He takes the art off the wall and the woman smiles. "Do you have work that is....bigger too?" 

Jiyong nods. "Sometimes I do...but I don't have a  lot of it down here..." 

"I would like to commission you to do some work for me?" 

Jiyong bows. "I would be honored." 

The woman hands her card to Jiyong. "I own a furniture store about 3 blocks away. We could use some nice art along our office space walls in the back. We will get in touch with you soon." The woman takes the small painting and walks out of the store. Jiyong does a little happy dance because this is his first commissioned inquiry. "Appa is that good?" 

"Yesss that means that someone wants something bigg." 

"Oh that's great. Let them know that I could make them something too if they want." says the little one with a giggle. 

"Aiiigooo. You want to be a artist too." 

"Neee. I want to be a teacher and doctor and do art on the side." 

Jiyong smiles. "That sounds like a lot of fun." 

"Neeeeee." Raeyoo then squeals "Grandma!!" she goes and runs into her arms. 

"Aiiiigooooo aiiiigooo little one. How are you today?" says the older petting the little ones hair as her dark eyes gleam talking about her day so far. Jiyong love that her grandma is apart of her life. As for Mr. Choi....he still is not apart of the family yet. Seunghyun doesn't say anything but Jiyong knows that it bothers him at times. 

"Did you two eat already?" 

Jiyong nods. "Yeah we had lunch before coming down here." 

The grandmother nods and walks around the place. "I love it Jiyong." 

Jiyong chuckles. "Not much has changed mother." Jiyong loves her effort of acknowledging his work in the gallery. 

The older chuckles. "So is my Seunghyun still coming home earlier in the day." 

Jiyong nods. "Yes, we love it and it's amazing how much the firm has taken off." 

"I'm happy for him too. I'm happy to see both of your careers really start to take off before you are 40." says the older. She takes a seat on the bench. "So what else is new?" 

"Well I just got my first commission from a local store owner." 

"Oh! That's fantastic Jiyong!!" 

"Well it's not set in stone but it's something!" says Jiyong still excited. "I'm so happy that I went to art school because I wouldn't have had this...." 

"It was your dream. Seunghyun was going to make sure that it was going to happen." 

"I know." 

//////////////////////////The Firm. 

Seunghyun  is currently sitting in a meeting room.  It looks like he is doing another big case. This time it is a divorce that is going to be handled between the lawyers. Having the divorce in court would be too messy for their profiles. The two that are separating are high profile people of Seoul so there is a lot of money in this case. Money meaning that the couple has been fighting over assets. The problem with this case is that the now ex husband is fighting to keep most of everything and the wife who has no kids wants everything. The husband is his client and  sometimes the ex wife gets so heated it makes the husband heated as well with Seunghyun having to be the ref. 

The case is too big to be handled by anyone else. The fine details of the case is done by the people that work for him. The two have been at it for weeks and the numbers are just not working between the client and the other lawyer. The wife did a good job by getting a good and greedy lawyer. The wife is really trying to destroy the man, but it's a tough one because with every throw it's a strike on their end because Seunghyun's digging is very good...not dirty but good work to the point it makes even the other lawyer impressed by Seunghyun's team's rigerous research. 

"I won't let you have another car!" says the husband already irritated by his ex. 

"Well then just give me the money that I asked for you ing prick!" 

"You are already getting a lot of money due to the prenuptial agreement( a contract that protects the husband's marriage if they get divorced.)" The man sits in his chair as Seunghyun tries to calm down his client. "My client would like it if you would take the amount that we quoted last time"

"I will not." says the wife her lawyer even getting a little mad at her whispering. "If you keep at it you won't get any money." The woman growls. "I will take the money plus a condo in gangnam." 

"A CONDO IN GANGNAM....WOMAN.." says the husband just annoyed. "Stop dragging drying mud..." says the older man just upset. Seunghyun then speaks over the two. "I think that we will need to need to meet again on calmer terms." The ex couple agrees and the parties leave the rooms. Seunghyun pats the older man's shoulder. "Don't worry. I won't let her take advantage." The older man nods and goes on his way. 

"Wow...still going on strong that woman." says Youngbae with a click of his mouth. Seunghyun sighs. "The woman just wants to drain him dry....not on my watch." 

Youngbae laughs. "Yeah that slim lawyer won't win....he knows he won't I can see he is loosing patience too over this whole thing." 

"Yeah I feel that it will take another couple meetings sadly." Seunghyun then looks at his watch. "I should be heading home soon." 

"Yeah me too Chaerin has been craving more weird things ever since she hit 5 months pregnant." 

"What did she want yesterday again...string cheese." 

Youngbae sighs. "Yeah man, they only sell that stuff in the United States...luckily there is a forgien market by the house. I would have been murdered. You are lucky Jiyong is not pregnant." 

Seunghyun laughs. "If he could I would love it." 

"I know man...sorry." 

"Why, I get you man. I'm happy that the baby is happy and  healthy. We should get dinner soon." 

"Yeah man...come over some time. The twins would love to play with Raeyoo." says Youngbae looking at the ringing phone. "The wife calls. I'll see you later man." 

Seunghyun smiles and heads to his office. He pulls out his phone to call Jiyong. "Hey." 

"Hey" 

"I'm heading home...do we need anything?" 

"Yeah...get me some pears." 

"Anything else?" 

"Ne...you" 

The older grins. "Oh that can be arranged" 

Jiyong laughs. "See you at home" 

 * Sooooo what do you all think. I hope that you liked this chapter. I'm going to do another chapter. I hope that you like the update! Leave a comment. Do you like this update???? Thanks for reading! 

Elise Choi