Thrown

The Manny

 

 

Seunghyun has always been a hard worker. He made straight A's, played sports, and always had the dream girl. He always made sure that image always came first. When his parents told him to marry he didn't argue and did what  he was told. He didn't mind because having a wife meant that he was dedicated. When he finished law school he was already married for three years. 
 
The two got along alright and they did love each other, but it was never a love that a couple should really have. Still Seunghyun put work first but he kept up appearances making sure to bring his wife out to school events and of course his graduation. The two would have to argue sometimes about spending time together and Seunghyun would always give broken promises. 
 
Saying that he will do this and do that and then stand up his wife for the millionth time. The only time they got any kind of interaction is when they both were ually frustrated. The sad thing is that this was the only time that they got along together. The bedroom solved things and it always would cool things down. Things would be nice again and then something would go wrong again like clock work. 
 
It may seem like Seunghyun is the only brat, but really his wife had a personality too. Hye Ri was all about looks as well because she was simply beautiful. From birth her parents trained her to marry well. The Choi's have always been close friends of her family, so  the families pretty much from their children's birth decided that the two should marry. Which is a common thing in Korea to this day. Many call it old fashioned and some just simply follow tradition.
 
Hye Ri was nice on the outside but her temper drove anyone mad. In some ways Seunghyun used his wife as an excuse to why he is an workaholic. She would demand so much of him that it was physically exhausting. Juggling work and private life just didn't add up at times. 
 
Things of course changed when the wife became pregnant. Some how she got off schedule of taking her pills..which lead them to conceiving. They both never planned to have a child. They were not going to abort it, so they just learned to deal. They did the proper things of telling their parents which of course the future grandparents were ecstatic about. The couple did the fake laughs and smiles of happiness, but they didn't know how they were going to raise the child. 
 
Hye Ri is a good house wife but she doesn't cook, clean, or really do anything unless it's for herself. The baby was a great excuse to get tons of facials and treatments that she swore was going to make the baby smart. Seunghyun worked more hours to get the money that she needed. They were not poor but they were not rich either. Hye Ri really tested her limits in the marriage and so did Seunghyun. They were both enemies of their own relationship. 
 
Finally Hye Ri's water broke. Seunghyun of did the fatherly thing and helped his wife down the elevator of their condo. The vale brought the car around and then 20 minutes later  they were in the hospital. The woman was in immense pain and she got pain killers as soon as they allowed her. She was in labor for hours, Seunghyun was unsure of what to do, and  Choi's patiently waited for their child in the waiting room. The whole situation was awkward but still normal because that's how their family works. 
 
The time comes for her to push and the nurses call for the doctor to come in. The Doctor gives the go and Seunghyun watches as the baby is being delivered...the nurses then start to freak out. Hye Ri's levels are out of control. The doctor pulls out the baby but it's too late. Due to the trauma of the baby and everything else...Hye Ri didn't make it. 
 
Seunghyun didn't know what to do...he just stood there in the middle of the floor just staring as the doctors tried to revive his wife. Fifteen minutes later and the room suddenly becomes cold. Eyes are looking at Seunghyun and he hates the feeling. The doctor comes up to him to tell him the obvious and the man just wants to leave but the doctor some how makes him stay. 
 
After hours of watching his family cry over the death many asked about the baby. Seunghyun then remembered there was a baby...how could he forget. He goes to the nursery and sees the family name on the baby bed. The decided to name their baby Rae Yoo and by God she is beautiful. She has both of her mother and father's features making her like a ivory doll. 
 
The nurses eventually teach the man how to feed his child with bottle since her mother is no longer present. For the first time, Seunghyun took off work to bond with his child. He didn't know what to do but having the baby in his arms was the only thing that felt right. 
 
Three days pass and they finally come back home. Seunghyun walks into the condo and then remembers...his wife is dead. The cold comes over him again and he sits the baby carrier down on the kitchen counter. He looks around and then sees all of his wife's things still very present in the house. The baby starts to cry and Seunghyun then starts to break down too. He falls to the ground and now is facing the reality that he is now a widow...
 
"AAAAHHHHWWWAAAAA" The baby screams and Seunghyun beats the table. "SHut up!!" The baby looks at him and screams harder with tears coming down her face. The man then comes to his senses and takes the baby in his arms. "I'm sorry...." He cries "I'm sorry...." 
 
//////////////////////Present day/////////////////////
 
it's now 2013 a little over a year since his wife's death and Seunghyun has turned back to his old ways. Now that he doesn't have a wife to nag him. All he does is work long hours. He takes cases that last for months and makes him even travel. Thanks to his older sister she has been watching Rae yoo, but things have been getting harder because she has a family herself. 
 
One day she finally put her foot down and told her brother to start taking responsibility. Seunghyun doesn't see anything wrong with his actions. He keeps the household stable and the baby is healthy, but still he doesn't spend enough time with the child. Some times she would scream because she didn't recognize the man. 
 
With his sister gone he needed to get someone to watch his baby. He started going through nannies. They would stay for one day but they would never come back. Rae Yoo is not a bad child it's just that she is super active and tends to get into things. Most of the nannies from the agency are too young to even handle the baby, but Seunghyun doesn't have another choice. Other companies charge outrageous prices just to wipe your baby's .
 
Seunghyun is not having it....and he is not cutting hours. 
 
//////////////////////APT 344////////////////////
 
Jiyong wakes up at 7am and gets ready for his day throwing on his best pants and dress shirt. He has an interview at 8 and he is happy that the agency is giving him the opportunity. It is hard for men to get nannying jobs simply because people see them incapable of handling kids. Jiyong who grew up in an orphanage had plenty of experience growing up. 
 
He had the responsibility of being a floor leader so that included him taking care of his dongsaengs all the time. He felt he had to grow up at a young age but he didn't mind the work. He loved that people depended on him and that they loved him. Jiyong doesn't know who his parents are but he loves that his house mother loved him dearly. 
 
At the age of 18 he had to leave the orphanage and start a new life in the real world which meant either college or another career. Jiyong was not the best in school so he opted for something different. What got him into nannying was his noona and fellow orphan Dara. She let Jiyong move in after she found out he was 18 and she introduced him to the nannying world. Jiyong of course was a hit and got a family two days after he was hired. He worked with them for six years, but then the children got older...and it was time to move on. 
 
Jiyong was sad to leave them, but it's all apart of the job. Jiyong heads out with his resume in hand and walks down to the bus stop. He gets on and watches how his poor surroundings turned into upper middle class.
 
/////////////////////Lux Apartments////////////////
 
He gets off the bus and walks a couple blocks to a tall building. The condo is huge and really nice looking with it's large windows and huge balconies. He goes up to the doors and goes in towards the elevator. He looks at how wonderful a  elevator can look. The lift stops at the 17th floor and Jiyong gets off to see a sea of doors. He takes out his resume and looks at some notes on  his folder. 1732 is the number of the apartment. He smiles to him self and straightens out his clothes. The younger then places his finger on the buzzer. 
 
He waits a couple of seconds and the door flings open. He bows and starts to introduce himself....but he sees a man with a desperate look and he is  now dragging him through the condo. The man can't even get in a word before he is placed in a bathroom with a baby screaming her head off. It not even a minute before he is called miss and a door is slammed. 
 
The baby stops crying and looks into his eyes. "What is your name beautiful" Jiyong's voice is very pleasing to the baby and it smiles back at him. "Aigo your eyes are all puffy. Let's change you Ne?" Jiyong wasn't excepting to work today but he is not complaining that he has a job...well he thinks that he is hired. 
 
He starts to figure his way a round a bit as he has the baby in his arms. He goes to her pink room and goes through her drawers trying to find a new outfit. Most of her stuff is too small for her so he finally goes to a drawer where there are clothes that will pass. He then goes to her bathroom and turns on the water. 
 
The baby wiggles a bit knowing her bath is coming but Jiyong keeps a firm hold. He is use to the wigglers. "Baby it is going to be fine." Coos the older while he gently places he on the counter. He looks around for toys but doesn't find any. He then picks her up again and goes to her play area and picks up toys that could work for bath time. They go back to the bath room and he sits her down again. "We have toys now Yaaaay!" says Jiyong loudly making the baby laugh. "You like this" Jiyong starts to dance silly and the baby claps. 
 
Jiyong undresses the baby and then places her in the warm water. She looks around at the many colors in the tub and reaches out for a toy. She takes one and it splashes her in the face. She starts to pout and Jiyong stops the water works picking up another toy. "Baby." She looks up with a pout. "Beeeee haaaapppy " Jiyong starts to sing a song and the baby smiles again and plays with the toys in the tub. Jiyong then gets to work and cleans up the shaving cream from her hair and on her body. 
 
The bath is finished and he figures that he has not had breakfast yet. He goes through the fridge and finds some solids that she can eat. He puts her in her highchair and places the food in front of her. He takes a spoon and feeds her some of the food. She opens wide and chews slowly. "Good girl..." She smiles gently and opens wide again. "You like that huh?" Rae Yoo responds. "aaha hdgah" Jiyong chuckles and gives her some more food. 
 
The rest of the day is pretty easy playing with the baby and making sure that she has her nap. It's crazy how much time passed by and no sight of his new boss Mr. Choi. The baby has not seen her father all day, but the baby is not getting fussy. Normally a child knows when their parents are gone but Rae Yoo doesn't do it at all. Ten o'clock passes and Jiyong decides to put the baby to bed. She ended up falling asleep on her play mat. 
 
Jiyong puts her to bed and then goes to sit in the living room. 
 
Jiyong puts his phone away as the door opens with a clicking noise. He hears shoes coming off and slow feet approaching the living room. Jiyong gets up from the sofa and greets his boss. "Hello Mr. Choi" Seunghyun puts his brief case down and then takes a look at his new nanny....well Manny? "You are a man..." 
 
Jiyong kinda looks around "Welll...yes sir..." 
 
"I didn't know you were a man...Look..." Seunghyun sighs and pulls out his wallet. "Here...I can't have a man...I thought that you were a woman...sorry.." 
 
"Sir I can do this...I washed your daughter, cooked her food, and played with her until it was time for bed..." 
 
"But still...you are a man...I don't think that you are capable of handling her..." 
 
"Sir...I think that today can prove that I can handle her. Just give me a chance."  says Jiyong desperately looking into the man's eyes.
 
Seunghyun sighs and then remembers that it's hard enough getting a nanny. This man is begging him. "Okay...I will try you out for a week...then after that I will let you know if I will keep you..." 
 
Jiyong bows deeply "Thank you sir! You will not regret your decision!" 
 
Seunghyun yawns. "Ne ne...come back at 7am and do not be late." 
 
Jiyong bows again. "I will be there 7am sharp!" 
 
Seunghyun leads the man over to the door and shows him out. Jiyong walks over to the elevator with a grin on his face. He has a job...and his boss is not bad looking either...
 
**Hi hi!! Thank you for reading the first chapter! Please leave feedback telling me what you think. I really take comments into concideration when I'm writing because my audience is of course you all. If you have enough Karma please upvote this story. I really love the support^^ Thank you again! Love^^