Dinner

The Manny

A little hand slaps Jiyong awake and followed by gibberish. Jiyong turns over and see that Raeyoo has been awake for a bit because she is currently playing with her toys. The past couple of days Jiyong has been doing some deep cleaning. The cleaning is exhausting at times and nap time really has been a time to deep sleep for a bit. 

"Doll play nice." says Raeyoo to her toys. He is almost two and her vocabulary has expanded so much. She can't speak full sentences but she can repeat words when told. Jiyong smiles at the younger. "How long have you been awake my sweets?" 

Raeyoo then crawls over to Jiyong cuddling up close to him. She looks into his eyes and shyly smiles as she snuggles closer. "Love you" Jiyong loves these sweet moments and wishes to never have her grow up. The little one is sweet but she has been testy at times too seeing what she can and can not do. Jiyong who is use to raising kids quickly made the little one know who is boss and that she needs to be a good little girl. 

Everyday she is looking more and more like a toddler and less baby. She is still a baby to Seunghyun's eyes but Raeyoo is getting a little taller and her facial features show that she is Seunghyun's child with her dark eyes and now hair reaching a little past her shoulders. 

Seunghyun comes into the room with a laugh. "Looks like she decided to play without you." 

Jiyong rolls over. "I normally don't sleep this hard..." says the younger still amazed at how well he slept. Jiyong then sits up with the baby still in hand. "You doing work from home again?" 

The older nods. "Yeah work is not too heavy today again." Seunghyun has been at home more often. Mainly because he doesn't want to miss a thing with his family. He has turned from the monster to a complete family man as he makes sure that everyone is well taken care of. Seunghyun makes sure that Jiyong is properly dressed and buys him things even though Jiyong is still not use to receiving such gifts. 

"Hyunnie." Jiyong looks at Seunghyun and the older sighs. "Can we do it next week?" 

"Well we need to have her try again." says Jiyong picking up the little one. "It's time that she learns to use the potty. She will be two soon." 

"Ne ne...but she's growing up too fast." 

Jiyong laughs. "You just don't want to clean up the messes." 

Seunghyun laughs. "I do too clean up." says the older with another laugh. Last week they tried to get the little one to sit on the toilet at least...well it's not a real potty. It's basically a small pink potty that is used to help train little ones. There is even a flusher that makes noise. Raeyoo sits on the potty....but doesn't really feel encouraged to use it. 

Jiyong picks up the little one and takes her to her bathroom where the pink potty sits. The baby looks at the potty and starts to whine a bit. Jiyong smiles and kisses the little girl softly. "Oh come on. It's not so bad." The older puts her down on the floor and the baby stares up at Jiyong. Jiyong smiles and bends down to pull down her pants and take off her diaper. "Just sit on it for a bit ne?" 

The baby is then picked up and sat on the potty. Jiyong then sits next to the baby with a smile. "Isn't this fun. You are such a big girl!" says the older with a bright smile. Raeyoo smiles a bit and wiggles her legs a bit on the potty. Seunghyun then comes into the room bringing in a book. Jiyong takes the book and shows her.. "Look. You can poo too." It's a book about potty training. Jiyong found that it works to read to kids while they sit on the potty for the first time. He wishes to make the potty a natural thing in Raeyoo's life just like other kids. 

The baby listens to Jiyong read the book and Seunghyun takes turns as well reading pages of the book. Jiyong then finishes the book and Raeyoo smiles. "Poo poo time." says the baby with a smile. Jiyong smiles. "OH BIG GIRL!" says Jiyong with excitement. "My little girl is taking a poo!" Seunghyun can't help but laugh at this new reality. "How come I don't get a cheer squad when I poo?" 

"Because your poos are not cute...." 

"You are telling my that my spawn makes cute poos..." says the older taking out the air freshener and spraying it a couple of times. Jiyong takes the bottle. "Yah yah don't distract her. Let her take her time." 

"You are staring at her baby." says Seunghyun with a laugh. Jiyong is sitting right next to the little one. Raeyoo sings a little bit while she does her thing and the parents couldn't be more proud. 

Raeyoo finishes and Jiyong helps to wipe her up. The wiping part they don't expect her to do yet. Jiyong wants to make sure that she is super clean down there. Seunghyun takes the baby in his arms and puts on a new pair of training pants to then pulling up her leggings. "There you go." He kisses her on the cheek. "Tell Appa and Dada when you are ready to pee pee or poo poo again ne?" 

The baby smiles and hugs her Appa. "Ne ne asdfdf ne." Says the baby with a giggle. Seunghyun picks up the little one and brings her back into the living room which is also now the play room. There are toys everywhere that are so many bright colors and many toys that makes tons of noise. 

Jiyong comes out of the bathroom with a bag that came from the mini potty. Seunghyun laughs a bit. "Oh my girl did good." Jiyong smiles and places the bag in the trash. "What did you want for dinner?" 

"Well....it doesn't matter. Whatever you feel like making." 

Jiyong goes to look at the fridge and closes it. "I need to go to the market to get some food then." 

Seunghyun looks over from the sofa at Jiyong. "Well we all can go." 

Jiyong shakes his head. "No no. It's too cold for Raeyoo to go out in this weather." 

"Not if we bundle her. We will drive." 

Jiyong smiles and comes over to his boyfriend. "I'm fine baby." He places a kiss on his lover's lips. "It won't take long plus I would like to get some fresh air." 

Seunghyun smiles. "You really should just drive." 

"Nah. No need." 

"We need to get you a car baby." 

Jiyong knows that he should have a car but he really doesn't want Seunghyun buying such a thing. It's convient but they only go out maybe three or four times a week. "No no don't you dare." 

Seunghyun obeys. "I know I know...but let me know ne?" 

"You are too good to me." 

"Because I love you" says the older standing to go to the door. He helps Jiyong put on his jacket and Jiyong walks out the door. He makes his way to the elevators and presses the ground floor. Jiyong walks off the elevator and walks a bit more towards the lobby. People greet him and he greets them back. Life is going pretty well right now. Even though Seunghyun's family is not in good graces with the two Seunghyun and Jiyong are happy to be together and be a real family. 

/////////////////////Work///////////////////////

Two days later and Seunghyun is back in the office. He got himself a big case with someone who didn't file their taxes in time because the client waited so late he got a big bill he needs to pay. Seunghyun's part is really helping the parties to settle to a fair price. The client owes so much the man would have to give up everything. 

Seunghyun loves to work on cases like these because it expands his list of what he can do. Youngbae comes into the office where there are piles of books and tons and tons of papers on the older's desk. "Well looks like you are busy today." 

"Well this guy really did himself in. The person that filed his taxes the year before did a terrible job. He now owes more." 

"Good lord how can the man not know and he is an accountant." 

"A powerful accountant who doesn't have time to really look at his own stuff." Seunghyun looks up. "That's why we are lawyers. To dig." 

Youngbae takes a seat. "Would you and Jiyong like to come by the house later this week. Chaerin and I would like to cook you dinner." 

"Oh that sounds cool man." Seunghyun then looks at his desk. "That's only if I have the time." 

Youngbae chuckles. "I have a couple of heavy cases too. We can make the time ne?" says the younger with a smile. Seunghyun nods. "Ne ne." 

"Oh I saw your sister out the other day. She came up and talked to me." 

Seunghyun looks up from his desk. "She did?" 

"Yeah she was making small talk, but of course she asked about you and how the baby was doing. I could tell that she misses you a lot." 

"Yeah I know she does" says the older with a sad tone. "She just doesn't care for my life style." 

"Gosh I wish that your family would just accept you. I hate seeing you all like this our families use to hang out all the time." says Bae with a smile. "It's just not like her to just hate so much." 

"Like I said. It's my lifestyle. My sister and I would always talk about both getting married and having both of our families hang out. We would dream of these crazy family vacations...I know I crushed her...I just need to give her time." 

"Yeah give her time....but don't wait too long. She looks a mess" 

Seunghyun then sighs. "She needs to come to me. I have tried approaching her many times. She just gets so mad I don't think that I can handle that...I'm tired of being this poster child of perfection."

Youngbae nods. "I understand man." 

"I know I sound harsh. I just need some time too." 

"Understandable. Just don't wait too long." says Bae a second time. Youngbae lost his sister to cancer a couple of years ago. Seunghyun and Bae really became friends because they knew the feeling of loss. Together they rebuilt their lives and relationships. Seunghyun understands the meaning of family and Youngbae is super family oriented even more so because of his wife and his twin girls. 

Seunghyun then smiles up at the younger. "Don't worry. I won't wait too late." 

There is a knock at the door and a woman comes in. "Well looks like the two of you are exactly the same as when I left ya." 

Seunghyun stands from his desk. "What brings you here!" The three of them come together and exchange hugs. "What are you doing in Korea Minzy?" Minzy is a model in the States and has been there for years. She rarely comes back to Korea. "Oh I came to visit family for the weekend. I had to see you two bums." 

"How did you find our practice?" says Bae. 

"Oh I just asked your now wifey Chaerin. I had no idea how big your girls have gotten! They are beautiful." 

"I see you have been in my house. Did you eat all the food?" says Bae referring to their college days. Minzy normally has quite the appetite.

Seunghyun then looks at the woman's hand. "You married yet? Kids?" 

The younger shakes her head. "I don't want kids and I will be super surprised if I get married." 

"You never seemed like the married type?" Chuckles Bae. 

Minzy laughs as well. "Well don't get me wrong. I do want the white dress the first dance and such. I just don't want to rush those kinds of things. More American style I guess." 

Seunghyun nods. "Yeah they do have a more care free style about their relationships and how they could care less about how their families their of their mates." 

"Yeah. It's a fun country, but Korea is still home to me. I miss the tradition sometimes." Minzy looks at Seunghyun. "How are you doing Seunghyun?"

Seunghyun hasn't really reached out to people since his wife's death so Minzy is completely in the dark with how things are going. "I'm good. I finally have life going the way I want it to." 

"Oh really? That's good to hear Oppa." 

"Oppa? Been a while since I heard you say that to me." 

"You are always like a brother to me." 

Seunghyun then smiles. "You know what. Why don't you come over for dinner tonight?" 

Youngbae scoffs. "You reject me but invite her." They all laughs and Youngbae pats the younger's shoulder. "I just received a text saying that you are staying with us?" 

Minzy nods. "Ne Chaerin said that I'm more than welcome." 

Bae smiles. "Of course you are dear friend." 

"So when is dinner?" 

"Let me make a call." says Seunghyun with a grin. He picks up his phone. 

///////////////////Home/////////////

"Ne..." says Jiyong with the phone gripped between his shoulder and his ear. Jiyong is currently preparing dinner.

"Hey could you make one more plate tonight?" 

Jiyong puts the phone on speak. "Ne? You bringing people over?" 

"Yeah a college friend of mine." 

Jiyong then turns off the sink. "Does this friend know of us?" 

"Don't worry about that baby. I will see you later. Just prepare another plate." 

Jiyong hang up the phone is already a nervous wreck. Raeyoo is still napping so Jiyong then starts to make a little more food than normal. They haven't had anyone at their house yet. The house is of course spotless due to Jiyong and his cleaning madness, so really he just will need to change out of his pajamas and dress the baby a little nicer. 

Just the fact that he will have to meet someone new again. 

////////////////////////7pm

Jiyong is dressed in nice pants and a button down shirt. He has no idea who he is meeting today so he wanted to make sure that he was dressed nice. He even had Raeyoo take another bath. Jiyong has had many encounters with mean people and the sometimes nice. He is not ready for this. 

Seunghyun comes into the kitchen and looks at his attire. "Are we going out to eat?" 

Jiyong then whines. "Just let me wear this. I don't know what to expect." 

"It's my college friend Minzy I told you." Chuckles the older. Jiyong is so stressed about making things perfect his boyfriend's words are not even being processed properly. A spoon is taken from Jiyong's hand and the man is pulled into a warm hug. Jiyong of course wraps his arms around the taller man resting his head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Hyunnie...I just want things to be perfect for your friend." 

"She will love it. Don't worry baby." 

Jiyong then looks into his lover's eyes. "Does she know?" 

"About us?" The older lets go of the hug. "I didn't tell her that yet. Wanted to tell her when she gets here." 

"Hyunnie...." says Jiyong kind of upset 

Seunghyun then puts a hand around Jiyong's hip and kisses his cheek. "Don't worry baby. She is good people and a good friend of mine." 

"Who knows you as a straight man...Hyunnie I wish you would have told me this earlier." 

Jiyong is stressed so that's why he is a little snappy at the moment. Seunghyun forgets sometimes that people don't easily accept his life style. Call it careless but he is so in love he can't help but show Jiyong off to the world. "I guess I love you too much to remember such rubbish things." 

Jiyong laughs a bit. "Well I'm wearing all black today. If she throws something I can take the stain out." 

Seunghyun laughs. "Don't worry she is nothing like my sister or my mother's personality." 

"So you say that now....we will see." says Jiyong with a kind of stress tone. Seunghyun massages Jiyong's shoulders and the younger lets out a breath of air. "I'm sorry." 

Seunghyun laughs. "It's okay. It's totally understandable that you are like this." 

The door bell rings and Jiyong's shoulders get tensed up all over again. "What should I do. Go to the bedroom?" 

"And hide?" says Seunghyun going to the door. "Non sense." 

Jiyong doesn't know why but he scramble to the bed room as the door is getting unlocked. Jiyong stands by the door and hears the words of greeting and the how are yous. Seunghyun who is in the kitchen takes Minzy's coat. "Here let me take your purse too." 

Minzy looks around the place. "Wow. It's so much bigger than your old condo." 

"Yeah we needed more space." 

"So...where is that cute baby?" 

"She is currently sleeping a bit. She did a lot earlier with Jiyong." 

"Oh. Who is Jiyong?" 

"Well lots of things have changed since the death...and so has my love life." says Seunghyun with a smile. 

Minzy grins and punches her Oppa's shoulder. "You found someone huh. That's why you have the new place and that damn smile." 

Seunghyun chuckles "Ne ne. Let me introduce you. Baby? Come out please." 

Jiyong is frozen. He doesn't want to come out. This woman is expecting a woman. Jiyong doesn't want to get yelled at today...but he has no choice now as he hears foot steps approaching. Thankfully it's just Seunghyun. "Why are you hiding?" 

"Because I'm terrified of women at the moment." 

Minzy laughs from the kitchen. "Who is this person who is so shy to meet me. I don't bite." 

Jiyong then murmurs. "They always say they are harmless." Jiyong's hand is then clasped in the olders. "Yah!" says Jiyong in a loud whisper. Seunghyun then drags Jiyong out. Jiyong has his eyes tightly closed as he expects nothing but horror....but the complete opposite. "Oh My GOD how CUUUUTE is he!!!" screams Minzy. 

Jiyong opens his eyes to the response. He looks at the younger woman and bows with a blush. "I'm Kwon Jiyong." 

Seunghyun puts his arm around Jiyong's waist. "Well you see my love life changed...and also my preference." chuckles the older making Minzy giggle. "Oh my god this is just so y to me seeing you with a man. Choi Seunghyun Oppa did good" says younger giving the couple a thumbs up. 

"Well really Jiyong is the one that made me give him a chance. He was at first my Nanny for Raeyoo. Remember how much of a monster I was? Well this man was the only one that put up with me and put up with me...until I started falling for him. I couldn't let him go. Jiyong was a tough catch." 

Jiyong is now four shades of Red. He is not use to his boyfriend talking of their love story. "Would you like to eat now?" 

"Oh Jiyong is a bit shy with the stories." 

Minzy runs up to Jiyong and gives him a hug. "Thank you so much for being so good to my Oppa." 

Jiyong releases the hug with a smile. Minzy then grins. "Omo his eyes are pretty too." 

Seunghun then chuckles. "You can't have him. Sorry." 

Minzy then takes a seat. "If you would like to serve I will be willing to eat." 

"She eats well. So don't worry if she likes anything or not." 

"Yah. Oppa you make me sound like a pig." 

Seunghyun then goes over to Jiyong in the kitchen. "See she's not so bad." 

Jiyong smiles and starts to make a plate. "Ne she is good company." 

"So are you two going to get married?" 

Jiyong shakes his head. "We thought about it...well we almost were about to plan one...but we feel we want his family's blessing before we do a wedding." 

Minzy then sighs. "You two might have to wait a bit." 

"It's fine with us. We want to get married on good terms." says Seunghyun taking out a couple of plates. "Also we don't see the rush. We as completely happy. We don't need a marriage to prove that. Maybe if it was the states and we needed to combine stuff tax wise...but here...we are fine for now." Seunghyun then kisses Jiyong's cheek. "Unless my baby says for me to get married now." 

"Our rings are enough for now." says Jiyong with a smile. 

 

Hello all! Long time no see eh? School has been picking up. I'm getting my Masters Degree so the course load is crazy. I will update soon. Just you all just keep commenting. The notifications keep me in check^^

Eise Choi^^