Findings

The Manny

Jiyong puts his phone away and chuckles to himself. The man is already giving him a code to his condo. He must really trust him. The younger streches as he tucks himself into bed. He has had a long day, but he is not exhausted. If he had to he would stay up two days with no sleep with Raeyoo. She has him wrapped around her little finger. Jiyong pretty much is infatuated with the little wiggler. The way she interacts with him, snuggles, and talks is just adorable and he can't help but smile just thinking of her. 
 
"What are you smiling for?" says Dara standing in Jiyong's doorway. The two never sleep with their doors closed. Jiyong smiles. "Oh nothing." Dara leans against the door and sighs. "Jiyong...." 
 
"I know I know" says Jiyong putting more blanket over his body. "But she is so cute noona. You have to see her." says the younger like it's his own child he wants to show off. Dara sighs again. "Jiyong...too attached. What happened to your list?" 
 
"Out the window" The younger mutters. 
 
"Huh" says the older trying to figure out what he said. 
 
Jiyong speaks up. "I'm trying to stick to it. Promise noona." When really he should just set his growing list on fire. Every rule was broken especially tonight. He got personal, shared information, had dinner with Seunghyun again, and stayed off the clock with a person who wants him to call him hyung. Jiyong chuckles to himself and Dara stops nagging...yea this whole time she was talking to him and Jiyong was day dreaming. 
 
"Yah did you listen to anything I just said?" 
 
Jiyong nods. "Ne..." 
 
"Bull...what did I say dongsaeng?" 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "Dongsaeng?...I must have upset you huh?" Jiyong gets up from the bed and walks over to his noona with a coy smile. Dara then looks the man over. "What the hell are you doing?" 
 
"Making it up to you." says the younger in a purr getting closer to his noona. "Isn't this what you want...like one of your books." They both look each other in the eyes and bust out into laughter. They can never stay mad at each other for too long because they are family. Jiyong pulls his noona into a hug. "I'm being good. I promise. I know that you worry about me and I appreciate it, but I hope that you trust that I will make good decisions." Dara wraps her arms around the younger and nods into his shoulder. "I do....I just don't want to see you hurt Jiyong ah. I really care about you kid." 
 
"Yah yah I'm a man now." 
 
Dara chuckles "Of course you are. Anyways let me go it's too hot for you to be pressed to me like this." Jiyong laughs. "You are the one who wanted to conserve energy and not turn on the air at night." 
 
"Neee neee yea I said that...but normally we are not hugging. It's cooler by myself" 
 
The two release their hugs and say goodbye for the night. Jiyong gets into his bed and turns off his lamp. He finds it so funny that his boss is now so talkative with him. A first Jiyong thought that the man was of no words but really he is the one pulling conversation out of you. Jiyong chuckles to himself and gets settled into his bed. Tomorrow he will have the choice of opening the door of the Choi's himself. He has the code, but it's up to him if he wants to cross out the personal rule twice...well three times already... 
 
///////////////////////Morning/////////////////////////
 
Jiyong had a good nights rest and he didn't roll around in debate over whether he should unlock the door with the pin code or not. He simply decided to stick to the rules and stay by them because they will keep him safe and out of trouble. Jiyong loves that he has the freedom at his boss's condo but still he needs to keep that line of professional. 
 
Today Jiyong made a personal goal of not eating dinner with Seunghyun. The younger packed snacks in his bag so that he doesn't take the risk of his stomach growling. Also he has his Noona on speed dial if he needs a exit call. 
 
The Manny goes to the door and rings the bell. Jiyong puts his phone on silent and waits at the door. There is no response so the younger rings the bell again. A couple minutes pass and still no response. Jiyong sighs and looks at his watch. It's 7am on the dot and Jiyong's not late but almost a minute there. The younger needs to get in...so he breaks down  uses the code. "might as well cross out rule one again..." mutters the younger putting in the code. 
 
78462 is pressed and a beep unlocks the door. Jiyong slowly opens the door to expect a suited man to be in the kitchen but he's not. Jiyong comes into the dimly lit kitchen and puts his bag down. It's way too quiet in the house and Jiyong is hoping his boss didn't leave Raeyoo by herself. The younger goes into the baby's room and looks to see the little one still fast a sleep. Jiyong smiles watching the little one breath in and out. He reaches in the crib and places more blanket over her. "Sleep well baby girl" says the younger in a whisper. Raeyoo smiles in her sleep to the voice and goes back into a peaceful slumber. 
 
Jiyong closes the door half way and decides to see if his boss is somewhere in the condo because his brief case is still there. Jiyong walks down the hallway and the bedroom door is still open. Jiyong peaks inside to see the bed is made and everything looks untouched. The younger then goes down the hallway towards the living room. The room is dark but the cable box and DVD player dim blue lights illuminate the room a bit. 
 
The Manny then hears a light snore coming from the sofa. Jiyong chuckles to him self at the sight in front of him. His boss is passed out with files all around him. His body is on top of papers and papers are on top of him. It is as if the files are magnetized to him. Jiyong looks at the clock and clearly sees that the man has over slept. 
 
"Should I  wake him...." says Jiyong to himself. He doesn't want the man to over sleep because he knows how much work is to him....but that's getting personal, but Jiyong is still human. Jiyong just wants to stomp the floor from frustration that he can't even follow simple rules. Here he goes breaking yet another one. "Mr. Choi" Jiyong whispers to the sleeping man. "Mr. Choi." Jiyong whispers again. He then gets a little closer. Jiyong is now in debate on weather it's okay to touch him or not. The younger gets closer and uses two fingers to nudge the sleeping man. "Mr. Choi." says Jiyong a little louder. *nudge* "Mr. Choi" *nudge nudge*
 
Seunghyun furrows his brows and mutters. "Yeobo...I'm tired..." Jiyong blushes at what his boss said to him. Clearly he is not awake but at least he is half way awake. *nudge* "Mr. Choi...wake up. Mr. Choi" Seunghyun then starts to wake up. His eyes start to slowly open and then he notices his nanny in front of him. "" says the older to himself. 
 
He sits up on the sofa with papers crunching around him. "" He says again looking at his phone. "Sir you over slept." says Jiyong with concern in his voice. Seunghyun nods and locks his phone. "Yea I sure did...I set my phone for PM instead of AM....damn..." The older yawns and stretches his arms exposing some of his toned stomach. "Aigo...sorry Jiyong...this is one of my shrunken shirts. Oh and I see you used the code. It's effective eh?" 
 
Jiyong quickly turns around at the sight of the toned body. "Ne Mr. Choi...I will start preparing breakfast for Raeyoo" Seunghyun chuckles at the oddly nervous man. "Okay Jiyong Shi." The older gets off the sofa and starts to pick up all the files upon files pressed into the sofa and the file folder that is hanging conviently on his . Normally the man is not that unorganized, but his mother was on his mind all night. He couldn't sleep, so he kept himself busy with work. He takes the files and compiles them all together to be put back in his brief case in the kitchen. The older in his banana pajamas walks into the kitchen to see a busy Jiyong chopping veggies as usual. 
 
"Jiyong Shi?" 
 
Jiyong turns around. "Yes Mr. Choi?" 
 
"Call me hyung?" 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "I can't do that sir." 
 
The older chuckles. "Just wondering. Oh and here..." The older puts a book on the counter. "You left this here. I didn't think that you were into romance novels." Jiyong blushes beat red seeing the book on the counter. It is not the manliest of novels with the woman and the man pressed up to each other with the sea in the back ground. "Oh god..." Jiyong grabs the book. "I'm sorry sir. I won't leave things like this again..." 
 
Seunghyun chuckles. "It's no problem. It's a pretty good read. I hope that you are not mad but I read a couple chapters last night. I like the struggle of love" Jiyong just wants to melt to the floor. Why is this man saying that he like the same genre of romance as him? Does he read minds?
 
Jiyong walks back to the veggies and chuckles. "It's okay sir. I don't mind you reading it." Jiyong smiles at the man but really he didn't want him to read it. Now he feels that Seunghyun sees him as a hopeless romantic who expects prince charming to sweep him off his feet. "Oh God..." Jiyong mutters to himself. "Huh?" says Seunghyun going through his phone. 
 
"Nothing sir..Sorry...thinking out loud." 
 
The older chuckles. "It's okay. I'm going to call into work and let them know I will be late." Jiyong nods. "Okay." The younger chuckles to himself and wonders why Seunghyun had to tell him why he was taking a phone call. It's none of his business. Jiyong is now starting to find that this situation he is really going to have to consider again. 'Raeyoo is perfect and bubbly...and his boss is handsome and charming and caring and thoughtful and.'
 
"What the hell..." Jiyong just wants to slap himself, but he can't right now. He just cut himself. "..."says the younger as the blood starts to come out. It's not a deep cut but it's enough to put a band aid to. Seunghyun comes back to the kitchen to see Jiyong's trail of blood. "Omo. Jiyong. Are you okay?" says the older coming next to the younger. He takes the smaller hand in his and inspects the finger .The blood comes out some more and Jiyong chuckles. "It's okay I can fix it." The older shakes his head. "We must clean this properly, so you don't get a scar or infection." 
 
The older then reaches up into the cabinet to get the first aid kit. Jiyong then tries to pull his hand away, but the older stops him. "It will be over soon JIyong Shi. Like you tell me to take care of myself...you need to do the same." says the older getting the antibiotic on a cotton swab. He puts it on top of the cut and dabs the blood until it's totally clear. The older then puts another anti scar ointment on the cut followed by a band aid with stars and rainbows. 
 
Jiyong the whole time just lets the older take care of his cut. He has never had someone freak out over one of his cuts before. Growing up he had to learn to be independent and figure things out for himself. Having someone else take care of a simple cut is just foreign to him. The way he tended to it and how gentle he was. "You okay Jiyong Shi?" says the older looking into the coffee eyes. They are close to each other and Jiyong's heart beat is going crazy. 
 
He backs away and laughs nervously. "I'm fine Mr. Choi. You really are a father... how you freaked out over my little cut." 
 
Seunghyun chuckles. "A cut is a cut Jiyong Shi. Well I'm going to go change."  Jiyong nods and goes back into the kitchen. When he hears the door to the bedroom click he drops the knife on the counter and then feels his heart. It's still going crazy. "What the hell." Jiyong mutters to himself. "I didn't drink coffee...or and energy drink...what is wrong with me...." Jiyong is just clueless at the moment. Seunghyun made him feel nervous and his touch was so gentle. "Why is he so good to me...." 
 
Jiyong shakes off the feeling and thinks of deals at the grocery store instead. He is pretty much blocking his mind from unprofessional thoughts. He doesn't want to cause a misunderstanding. He can't afford to do it. Literally he can't afford it. Money is always tight. Yea he has a job but it doesn't leave much money left over in the week. Jiyong has never been to the movies or anything fun because simply as a orphan your life at 18 is you just trying to survive the real world still at 24 he is working just as hard. . 
 
The Manny puts breakfast on the table for Seunghyun to eat quickly. Jiyong then puts Raeyoo's portion in the fridge for her to eat when she wakes up. Seunghyun runs out of his room with his tailored suit and brief case. He looks at the table and smiles. "Thanks Jiyong Shi. I really need to eat huh?" 
 
The younger nods. "Ne a good breakfast is essential." Jiyong goes to clean dishes while the older gobbles down his food. It's not even two minutes later and Seunghyun is handing Jiyong the bowl that is now empty. "Thank you Jiyong." Jiyong looks up from the sink and smiles. "No problem sir." 
 
Seunghyun smiles back. "I'm glad I hired you you are pretty much perfection in your craft of nannying." 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "I'm not perfect at all sir. You give me too much credit." 
 
Seunghyun smiles again. "Hey call me hyung." 
 
"Sir." Jiyong chuckles. 
 
"I know I know...Well I must leave now...see you later tonight." The older waves and then picks up a call as he leaves the condo. Jiyong turns the water off and starts to dry off dishes. 
 
///////////////////////////Lunch////////////////////////////
 
Seunghyun rolls his eyes as he reaches the hotel his mother wants him to meet her at. He has a feeling it's a blind date so he is prepared to play nice and reject easy. He has only an hour lunch and he wants to eat something else where if he can get out of his date in 20 minutes. 
 
He goes into the restaurant and the hostess leads him into the main dining room. The man barley gets into the room and sees that in fact there are three people waiting on him. His mother and then a mother and daughter on the other side. Mrs. Choi smiles her fake smile at her son. "Aiiiigo my son! You made it" She stands up and hugs her son. "Be good" murmurs the old lady into her son's ear. Seunghyun rolls his eyes and then takes a seat. 
 
The women across from him were one of the women from the profiles. The man sighs but still plays the part. Mrs. Choi then converses with the other mother. "This is my Seunghyun ah. Isn't he handsome." The two women nod and agree with her. "Seunghyun these ladies are the Lee's this is Mrs. Lee and this is her daughter Lee Sungbin." 
 
The younger woman across from Seunghyun is obviously rich with her diamonds and rich materials draping her. Her nose looks as fake as her and most likely so is her personality. Yea it's not nice to judge, but this is not the first blind date for the man.  "Hello Choi Seunghyun Shi. I'm SungBin pleasure to meet you" 
 
The two mothers clap their hands and Mrs. Choi praises the younger woman. "Aigo such a pretty voice you have. My Seunghyun loves delicate women like you" 
 
Mrs. Lee grins. "I think that we should leave them to get to know each other." The two women get up from their chairs  and Seunghyun would rather leave too, but his manners doesn't let him leave....she's a woman after all. He gets amused by the plastics anyways. 
 
The woman does a fake laugh. "Hehe I never have been on a date before." 
 
Seunghyun raises an eyebrow "Really?" He decides to play along with the innocent act. 
 
"Ne...When I saw your picture I just had to meet you. I heard your story and I'm so sorry." 
 
Seunghyun sighs. He hates it when his mother tells all of his business to strangers... especially this blind date. It is as if she has a list of objections already. "Thanks" says the older taking a sip of the tea that was placed on the table minutes ago. 
 
"What are you looking for in a wife?" The woman shifts a bit making her push together. Her top is not low but the gesture makes the older want to roll his eyes. "I'm currently not looking for a wife." 
 
The woman nods. "Ne ne. Well I'm willing to take things slow. I'm sure I could be a good wife to you soon. I'm sure Raeyoo would like me too" 
 
"Oh really." says the older "So you would change her poopy diapers and rock her to sleep at night and help her with her homework in the future?" 
 
The woman chuckles "Oh goodness Seunghyun Shi. There are people to hire for such things. Have you looked at preschools yet?" This woman is a recarnation of his mother. Not looks but damn her voice her mannerisms are so matter fact...just like his mother. This woman knows so much about him but doesn't really know him. Seunghyun stands from the table and the woman follows with her eyes his movements. "Do you need to use the restroom?" 
 
The older pulls out some money and puts it on the table. "You are a lovely woman...but I'm sorry. I'm not ready to marry. I hope that you find someone suitable soon." 
 
The woman stands from the table. "You can't just leave. We haven't even talked an hour yet. Our mother's expect us to marry soon. I can be that wife that you want again. I can give you a son and help your career image. Our parents will be pleased with us."
 
"That's exactly what I don't want...." 
 
"Huh?" says the woman kind of upset and confused. 
 
Seunghyun puts his wallet in his pocket. "I don't want what my parents want. I want what I want. My next mate will be of my choice and my doings. Good luck to you SungBin Shi. I hope that you will break away from this one day too." Seunghyun walks away from the pissed off woman and doesn't care. He told his mother he is not ready and he is not going to go into another loveless marriage. 
 
//////////////////////The Condo///////////////////
 
It's fun in the kitchen today because Jiyong brought finger paints. He figured that Raeyoo has never messed with the paints before so he wants her to experience the fun of it. He brought every thing to make the painting fun and not a mess when they are done. He covered the whole kitchen table in a plastic cover and has the little one in a lowered baby chair pressed up to the table. She and Jiyong both have smocks on to protect themselves from possible mess that could happen. 
 
The little one has no idea what is going on and Jiyong loves it. He takes a paper plate and squirts the colors on each one. He then takes some paper and places it in front of the little one. He tapes it down just in case the baby decides to swish the paints around. Jiyong has everything set up and he stares the little one in the eyes. "Baby we are going to paint'" he sings as he points at the colors. "We have Reeeeed and Greeeen and Yeeelloooow and oh my Bluueeee" The little one smiles at the older and wiggles. "You wanna paint?" Jiyong takes the little ones hand and smashes it into the paint. "askjds" says the baby as he drenches her hand. "Here baby girl just wiiiiiipe it across the paper like this"
 
He smears her hand across the paper and Raeyoo smiles as the colors appear. "Gah gaaah asdkjsd gah." The baby splats the paint on the paper and watches how the colors blend and smash together. Jiyong guides her hand in the paint again and smiles as the little one experiences the paints on her fingers. "Oh look at the Red sooooooo pretty. You are such a artist." Jiyong then sits next to the little one and starts to make a creation too. He of course monitors the paints to make sure that the little one doesn't try to eat the paint. 
 
They both continue to paint and so far three smushes of creations were made. Jiyong uses Raeyoo's hand as her signature. Since there are no pictures on the wall in Raeyoo's room or really around the apartment, he hopes to frame some of her finger paints. Jiyong chuckles when he looks at the baby and then back at himself. They are both covered in paint, their faces are spattered, and their smocks are covered as well and thankfully not making a mess. 
 
Jiyong grins and paints two lines under his eyes. He then starts to make goofy faces. The baby laughs and Jiyong then continues to assist the baby in smashing her hand into the paints. The door beeps and Jiyong looks at the clock.  He kind of freaks because the place is not entirely tidy yet and they are creating a mess in the kitchen...well not really. 
 
Jiyong stands from the table and bows deeply. "Afternoon Mr. Choi. I didn't expect you....I apologize for the mess." 
 
The older comes into the kitchen and sees his kitchen table is covered in paint and there are various globs of art drying on the kitchen counters. He then looks and sees his baby smacking her hands on the table. She is so happy it makes the older smile. "What are you two up to?" 
 
Jiyong lifts from his bow. "We are finger painting sir." Seunghyun looks at the smock covered in paint that is wet and dry and the marks on Jiyong's face.  "I see." says the older putting his brief case down. " I decided to come home early today." The older went home after the lunch date. He couldn't think straight after meeting that plastic woman. He then looks at Jiyong "It's okay....you can continue." Jiyong nods. "Ne sir. I will continue her art activity...." 
 
The younger then sits at the table again and gets into the world of Raeyoo again. "Having fun Raeyoo?" 
 
"GAH GAH gah gaaaah sdfsdfk" *smack smack* goes the little one with the paints. "GAH GAH hehehehe" *smack* Jiyong smiles at the little one painting. "Aigo you are a true artist." The baby smiles again and continues to smear the paint with furrowed brows. Seunghyun then comes up to the table catching Jiyong off guard. He has a smock on and is sitting next to his daughter. The table is not huge so they are all pretty close. 
 
"I wanna paint too." says the older in a baby voice. Jiyong looks the man over and can't help but laugh. "Ne Mr. Choi I will get you some paper." Jiyong gets up and tears off some paper for the older to paint on. He hands the paper to the older and then watches how Seunghyun starts to create a smeared art work too. He takes all of his fingers and dips them in all of the colors. He then swipes them across the paper to make a rainbow. 
 
The baby's eyes widen to his drawing. "asdkfsd;kf" Jiyong smiles. "He made a rainbow Raeyoo." 
 
"Neee appa made a rainbow. It's pretty right" He lifts the paper to show her all of the colors. Jiyong loves how Seunghyun is trying to be more interactive with his daughter. Jiyong starts to get up. "Where are you going Jiyong shi?" 
 
"Oh...well since you are home early...I figured you want to spend time with Raeyoo" 
 
The older points at JIyong's chair. "Nonsense Jiyong. Take a seat and relax. You are too formal." says the man painting random trees on his paper. "Plus we can all eat together tonight with one of your amazing meals. We want you to stay....Isn't that right Raeyoo?" 
 
The baby claps splattering some paint. "skasfdj;sdkljg gah dskjg;sg" 
 
Jiyong is stuck. They are so perfect. Seunghyun then looks into the younger ones eyes. "Please stay. We like it when you are here." The older smiles at Jiyong and Jiyong smiles back at the man. His smiles is so child like and so kind it makes you want to stay. You just can't leave. Jiyong's smile falls he is getting enraptured again. "I'm sorry sir. I must leave...." Jiyong then goes to Raeyoo's room to pick up his bag. He then hears foot steps behind him. "Why?" 
 
Jiyong turns around to face the also smocked Seunghyun. "Sir?" 
 
"Just stay....Ne?...you can leave after dinner." 
 
"But sir...I" 
 
Seunghyun cuts him off. "Get rid of the professional talks. Jiyong live a little. You encourage us to live but you don't even allow yourself to...stay." 
 
The younger looks into the man's eyes and then smiles. "Okay" It's as simple as that. Jiyong might as well tear up that list of Manny don'ts because it's pretty much non existent now. The two start to walk to the kitchen again. 
 
"Hey Jiyong" says the older following behind. 
 
 Jiyong smiles to himself. "I'm not calling you hyung" 
 
"You just did" Seunghyun snickers making the other chuckle. "You are such a man child." 
 
"Indeed I'am. So call me hyung." 
 
Jiyong turns around and smiles. "Don't push it. Mr. Choi" 
 
"Nee neee Jiyong Shiiiiii sir." 
 
Rules?
 
Erm uh...
 
define rules?
 
**Hello all. I decided to update this story again. I had the chapter already prepared in my head, so I just had to write it since I have a little bit of time hehe. Tell me what you think. I love your comments, so please leave me feedback. The comments inspire and encourage me. Also for those who upvote recently thank you so much! I really appreciate the support of you all reading this story. If you have not already please upvote this story. Thank you for reading! Until next time!
 
Love!!