Lights

The Manny

"So you wanna decorate the tree?" says Jiyong looking at the baby. Raeyoo coos and continues to play with the colorful ordainments as Jiyong continues to set up the fake tree. It's already Christmas eve and Jiyong is way behind with decorations.  

It's kind of a last minute thing because normally people don't celebrate Christmas in Korea. Most just buy fried chicken on Christmas day and sit around with family. This year Jiyong was going to do the same but Raeyoo has been watching a lot of movies from the United States with people decorating trees and Santa Claus. 

Jiyong can't promise a visit of seeing Santa in a mall but he can at least fascinate her with the tree and putting gifts below it. It's been hard but Jiyong was planning on giving the family gifts. Well kind of last minute as Jiyong spent hours at the mall the day before. The poor baby had to deal with large crowds again but she was much better than last time. 

Raeyoo crawls over to Jiyong and holds on to his leg to stand. She has been doing the standing thing and plopping down for a bit. "What is it baby girl?" The little one reaches out her hand and touches the fake tree.  Her little hands feel the fake branches and smiles as she wiggles the branch a bit. Jiyong chuckles as she entertains herself from such a low level. 

"Appa...asdfkasffd" says the little one still playing with the tree. Jiyong picks the little girl up. "Appa will be back soon. He went to work." Jiyong smiles and bends down to pick up a ordainment with the baby still in hand. He then smiles at the little one. "Look you put these here." Jiyong slowly puts the ornainment on with tree with the baby's eyes widening to the action. "gah gah eeeeeeee ablbba" says the little one with a wiggle. She is already excited. 

Jiyong helps the baby put ornainments on the tree of course carefully. Raeyoo is experiencing Christmas for the first time and Jiyong is happy that she gets to. Jiyong decided to make the tree a little personal as he places pictures of Raeyoo and her father on the tree. Also a picture of her mother Hye Ri. Even though Seunghyun didn't get along with her...Jiyong still wishes for the little one to know who she is.

The lights are already attached to the tree so Jiyong then sits on the floor to light up the tree. It's 5pm so it's the perfect time to light it. Jiyong then holds the baby in his arms and points at the tree. "Look. So pretty Ne?" The little one looks all around and then crawls over to the tree. She playfully hits a dangling ornainment and giggles as it swings. "Eeeeeeee" She hits the green ball again. 

Jiyong goes over to the little one and puts her in his lap again. "This is your fiiiiiirst Christmas. So exciting!" says Jiyong in a joyful tone. "Let's sing a Christmas song." Jiyong then starts to sing Jingle Bells to the little one. It's in English so it's good exercise for her little brain. Jiyong has been slowly teaching the little one English so that she can at least be fluent by grade school. 

"Jingle all the waaaaaay" Jiyong continues to sing and clap and the little one just smiles as she looks at the tree. Jiyong then stops singing to then go into his shopping bag full of random Christmas stuff. He pulls out a Santa hat for him and her to put on. "Look this is for you." The little on furrows her brows. "Aw come on it's fun." The baby whacks the hat away making Jiyong chuckle. "Worth a try."  

He puts the hat on one of her dolls and then places his hat on himself. "Mister Bear likes the hat." Raeyoo smiles. "adkajdkjd Daaaaadaaaaa" says the little one looking at Jiyong. The man doesn't know how to respond. "Baby girl...I'm Jiyong...not dada." 

The baby crawls over to Jiyong with a smile. "Daaaaadaaaaaa." The baby smiles again and the giggles again getting distracted by the left over Christmas ordaments. Jiyong then starts to tear up holding the baby in his arms. This little one is calling Him dad...but he is not her father. "Where did you get that word from...?" says the man trying to remember what show she could have heard it from. 

"Daaadaaa." says the little one holding the man closely. She pulls back and smiles into the coffee eyes and leans in to kiss Jiyong on the cheek making him chuckle. "You are sweet just like your Appa." 

////////////////11pm/////////////////////

Seunghyun comes into a colorful home. He sees tons of Santa themed things around the kitchen trailing all the way into the living room. Jiyong is currently wrapping presents for Raeyoo. 

"Whoa...when did you do this?" 

Jiyong then jumps up. "Aigo...I didn't hear you come in. I hope you don't mind....Raeyoo kinda got into the Christmas theme." 

Seunghyun comes up to his lover and kisses him. "I don't mind at all. I didn't think that we would put a tree and all. I would have brought more..." 

Jiyong chuckles. "This is not even half of the stuff. Most of it is in the baby's room. She has a Santa doll in her bed and tonight...we made Santa drawings and paper hats for her dolls." 

Seunghyun comes up to the tree. "This is really nice" Jiyong is crafty and the way he decorated the tree was not overwhelming. It's just right with the colorful lights and the different colored balls. "I like the pictures....oh." says Seunghyun looking at the picture of his wife. Jiyong then comes next to his lover. "I wanted her to be apart of the tree...I hope that you don't mind." 

The older shakes his head. "Not at all...it's just been a while since I have seen a picture of her...." 

"I found it in your drawers...I think that Raeyoo should have a picture of Hye Ri in her room...she should know who her mother is..." 

The older smiles. "Okay." 

Jiyong chuckles. "You really are okay with me putting a picture in her room?" 

"Ne. Because I trust you know what is best for us." says the older taking off his jacket finally. Jiyong takes the coat and lays it over his arm. "You eat baby?" 

The older nods. "Ne. That's why I'm late. I had some food with Bae at a restaurant near by. I brought you some food too. It's in the kitchen." 

Jiyong smiles. "Thanks baby. So tomorrow is Christmas day...I didn't buy much...so don't get me anything. I just wanted Raeyoo to experience ripping presents open." 

Seunghyun smiles again. "Okay. That's fine my love." The older then pulls Jiyong into a hug. "Did you look at the schools online today?" 

Jiyong nods. "Ne...I think that Lee Kwon Institute will be nice..." 

The older then chuckle. "But I thought that you liked Seoul art school more?" 

"Ne...but that is too expensive...." 

"On your budget maybe...but not ours...apply to Seoul." 

Jiyong shakes his head. "I don't want to spend that much...plus I could pay for it if I ever need to." 

"What baby?" says the older kind of upset...."Do you still think that we might break up one day?" 

Jiyong looks down. "I'm sorry...I hate to always think this way...it's just...you never know you know..." 

The older then kisses the top of Jiyong's head. "You are not going any where remember that. You are apart of this family." 

Jiyong nods into the shoulder and doesn't say a word. Yea he is apart of this family but he really isn't in a sense. He can't claim Seunghyun as his partner...Raeyoo will never be his...he hates to think so grim on Christmas Eve..

"Sorry baby..." 

"Don't say sorry. I understand you...this situation is not easy..." says the older now releasing the hug. "Just stay by my side and you will never have to worry about a thing." The older looks into Jiyong's coffee eyes in the dimly lit room. Jiyong nods again and pulls Seunghyun into another hug. The two then look into each others eyes with a smile. "You know that tree looks really good." 

Jiyong smiles. "I know...because I did it." he chuckle to himself as he gently traces his hands on his lover's backside. Seunghyun smiles with a hum. "Next Christmas we should go all out." 

"Go all out how baby?" 

"You know...bigger tree...more presents...the whole nine yards." 

Jiyong chuckles. "Well I don't want Raeyoo to get too spoiled with presents. I feel that we should always keep her gifts at a minimum so that she can always know that gifts are not everything." 

"Oooooo so wise my Yongie. We shall do that...but you have to at least let me spoil her with a couple of gifts." 

"Neee of course her gifts will be nice...we just can't go over board." says Jiyong looking at the tree. Seunghyun then sings. "Siiiiilent night...Holy night...Allll is calm alllll is bright....round the deteeeergent." 

"What??" says Jiyong in a laugh. Seunghyun shrugs his shoulders. "I forgot the words...plus it's in English...." 

"True...I just learned but Jingle Bells..." says Jiyong still amazed that it's just a bell not something extravagant. 

"Well shall I bring your dinner in here?" says the older rubbing the curve of Jiyong's back. "Hmmm ne." says Jiyong forcing himself to move away from his lover. He loves to hug his Hyunnie.

Jiyong continues to wrap while Seunghyun prepares Jiyong's dinner. The two are so use to each other; words don't even need to be said to show how close they are. 

Seunghyun puts Jiyong's food in the oven and turns back to watch Jiyong from afar. Jiyong is so intent on making this Christmas very special for Raeyoo. Though it's last minute he is putting his all into wrapping presents. Jiyong just looks so perfect by the tree as the lights glow off his skin and the Christmas music lightly playing in the back ground. Seunghyun wouldn't mind seeing this every year. Jiyong looks back and smiles at his lover. "What you looking at?" 

The older smiles. "Just you. Ready to eat?" 

Jiyong nods.

////////////////////////Christmas Day////////////////////////

Jiyong crawls out of bed even though he got four hours of sleep. He spent most of the night wrapping presents and setting up the rest of the Christmas decorations that they will have up until New Years. 

The man throws on a Christmas sweater and goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash is face. Jiyong turns on the water with a grown and pulls out his tooth brush with heavy eyes. Seunghyun comes into the room and rest his body against the door frame. "You know she can't tell time yet...get some rest...." 

Jiyong shakes his head. "This is her first real Christmas...I must prepare things before she wakes up." Jiyong is really serious about today. Even though the little one won't remember most of it she will at least know what it feels like to rip open a present and have a lit tree. 

Seunghyun wraps his arms around the tiny frame. "Today will be just fine. Just relax." says the older kissing Jiyong's ear softly. "I love you."

Jiyong smiles and spits out some tooth paste. "I love you too...I just want today to be special. I didn't get much of a Christmas growing up...so every child that I nanny I go all out for Christmas if the parents let me.."

"Well you have a child now who is happy to have you. No as a nanny but as a person who loves her dealy."

Jiyong smiles and places a kiss on his lover's lips. "And so do you Hyunnie." Jiyong  goes back into their shared room to quickly make the bed. He then goes to the kitchen to start to prepare breakfast. He premade most of the food because he figures they will be in the living room most of the day. 

Seunghyun comes into the kitchen with a rather short sweater. "Omo....I thought that it would fit..." says Jiyong a little disappointed. Seunghyun smiles. "Look...It fits fine...just a little snug." He smiles stretching a bit.

Jiyong laughs. "Baby...it's too small...take it off."

The older shakes his head. "I'm wearing this today weather you like it or not." The older then puts on a apron. "What would you like me to do?" 

"Cut some of this fruit." says Jiyong handing the man a couple of apples and oranges.

Jiyong then leans up to kiss his lover on the cheek. Seunghyun puts a hand on the tiny waist and kisses the younger back as they briefly kiss tasting each others caverns. Jiyong moans a bit as the older pulls the younger closer. Jiyong grins into the kiss and pulls back. "I better stop this now before we get ourselves into trouble." The older smirks and grabs Jiyongs . "I wouldn't mind that."

Jiyong then steals a kiss."Maybe later...."

Jiyong then goes over to Raeyoo's room. He cracks the door open and the little one is already standing in the crib which is no surprise. The little one stretches out her arms in her Santa pajamas. "Oh so cute." He kisses her repeatedly making her giggle in his arms. Jiyong changes her diaper and then puts on a Christmas sweater and a cute skirt to go with it. He places the little one down so that she can follow him. The baby pouts. "You can do it." Jiyong is making her use her legs more so that she doesn't get dependent on him always carrying her plus it will encourage her to walk.

Raeyoo then follows the man out the room to then crawl over to her Appa's leg. She supports herself on his sweatpants almost pulling them down. "Aigo." says the older putting the last of the fruit on a plate. He then bends down to pick up his little one. "Good morning my love" He kisses her gently and her black eyes shine with a smile. "Appa..." says the baby. 

Jiyong smiles at the two. "Let's open presents shall we." says Jiyong going into the living room.The sweats have a Santa on the making the older chuckle. "I like where Santa is sitting....I'm a little jealous." 

Jiyong then gently punches his lovers shoulder. "Yah...the baby..." 

"She doesn't understand yet." 

Jiyong chuckles. "They understand more than what we think." Raeyoo crawls around the living room while Jiyong and Seunghyun sit by the tree. "Come here baby girl." The baby comes over to Jiyong to sit in his lap. He places a box in her lap.  "Look how pretty" He places her hand on the bow and little one pulls on it with a coo. Jiyong then helps her to open a box. "Oooooh how pretty." He pulls out a puffy dress that she could wear now since it's still cold. Seunghyun then looks at his daughter. "Oh wow baby girl such a pretty dress from Dada."  

The baby smiles at Jiyong "Dadadadadada." she says over and over again making Jiyong tear up. '"I knew it was you..." 

Seunghyun notices that Jiyong is not happy...but kinda upset. "You okay baby? Is it too much..." 

Jiyong shakes his head. "Never...it's just...I never thought that I would hear that from her..." 

"She sees you as a Appa too...I just taught her dada so she doesn't get confused on who to call who...I see that she is smart like me." Seunghyun grins to himself. 

Jiyong wipes away a tear. "You don't mind?" 

"Of course not. Don't you see how much she loves you?" 

The baby crawls over to another package and tries to pulls off the paper. Jiyong chuckles. "She learns fast." He goes over to the tree and helps her to open another gift which is a toy this time to teach her how to match. There are only four gifts under the tree making the last gift for Seunghyun. Jiyong blushes and hands the gift to the older making Seunghyun laugh a bit. "Why so shy?" 

"Well...I have never given a lover a Christmas gift..." 

"Well I'm honored." Seunghyun opens the gift to reveal a nice suit jacket that he can use for work. Seunghyun grins. "I see that you have been using the credit card." 

 "Hyunnie..." he says with a whine. 

"Aigo I was just playing around. I love it." He then stands to try the jacket on. Though it looks a little bizarre with his little Christmas sweater to match. Jiyong takes his phone and takes a couple of pictures. "This I have to document..." 

Seunghyun chuckles. "I need to look at this in the mirror." Jiyong chuckles and waits for the older's reaction. "Woooooooww...I shall never pair these two items again.." says the older from down the hall. "Dada..." says Raeyoo putting some of her new blocks on Jiyong's lap. "Want to play?" 

The baby smiles and then puts more blocks into Jiyong's lap. She turned Jiyong's lap into a collection pit of her new toy. "Eeeeee asdjfkasfkaf" says the little one taking a block away to place it on the carpet. Seunghyun comes back over to sit next to his lover. He rubs Jiyong's back. "I feel like a jerk not getting you anything..." 

Jiyong chuckles. "You didn't know that I was doing anything for Christmas until yesterday." 

"True true. Well I will buy you dinner tomorrow night." 

Jiyong smiles. "You know this past year has been so meaningful to me." 

Seunghyun takes his lovers hand. "For me too." 

"I really feel like I have a family now..." 

"You do baby. You are not going any where right?" says the older as he leans to kiss his lover's neck. Jiyong smiles. "Ne. I'm not going any where." Jiyong then reaches on the side of the coffee table revealing another box. "I got you something else." 

Seunghyun then chuckles. "Wow now I really feel like a jerk...let me go to the store ne?" 

Jiyong laughs. "No...it's fine really...just open this last gift." 

Seunghyun smiles and opens the last box. It's a rectangular box making it look like there is maybe mug or something random inside...but it's totally different. 

"Jiyong..." says the older pulling out a smaller box. Jiyong then looks at his lover. "...I know that we haven't been together a year. We still have things to work on...but I love you. I can't see a better partner in life than you Hyunnie...I wish to spend the rest of my life with you...." 

Seunghyun then starts to tear up. The words are soft and sincere and he didn't expect Jiyong to do such a thing. He then opens the box to reveal two silver rings. They are simple and the older can see Jiyong in them. "Jiyong..." 

The younger chuckles. "I'm sure you wanted to do this...but remember I'm a man too. I can surprise you with rings. ne?" 

The older smiles and nods his head wiping a tear. Jiyong then takes the box and puts a ring on his finger. "You will marry me right? I know that we can't right now due to our country's laws...but...until then... will you?" 

Seunghyun laughs. "Of course pabo. Of course. I didn't think that I would be the one crying so much...I'm so happy baby" Seunghyun then puts his ring on his finger as well and pulls Jiyong into a kiss pressing his lips against his lovers. Jiyong smiles into the kiss and brings his ring adorned hand on his lover's arm. Jiyong presses his lips on his lover's moving them slowly. They release the kiss to then kiss again. "Eeeegasdgjksaf" says the baby confused to what just went on.

Seunghyun then picks up his little one. "Dada just proposed to Appa. You are sooooo lucky to have us!" says Seunghyun kissing his daughter. The older then looks at Jiyong "Let me get you something." 

Jiyong then smiles. "I don't need a gift when I have you two"

Seunghyun then laughs. "Stop watching Christmas movies Yeobo." The older grins at Jiyong and pulls him into a kiss again until a block is thrown at his head. "Yah." says Seunghyun looking at his daughter. "Daddies need lovin too" 

"asdkfsdkjasdfk" says a jealous baby. 

//////////////////////////////9pm////////////////

After a long day of Christmas festivities Jiyong and Seunghyun are ready for bed. 

It's a rare time for them to go to sleep so early but the baby made them this way. She finger painted and made a huge mess of glitter on the kicthen table. 

Jiyong had to clean up a lot since he prepared all three meals with nice plates that had to be hand washed. The couple is engaged and they know they are but it really didn't change things. The way that they are was already as if they are married. It's just the rings making things official. 

Jiyong cuddles closer to Seunghyun. "You still awake?" 

"Hm" says the older with his eyes closed with a smile. "What you need Yeobo?" 

Jiyong chuckles to the new pet name. "I can't sleep." 

"You gotta be kidding me." says the older who is wiped out.

Jiyong chuckles. "It's just that we are officially on track to be married...I can't believe I did it..." 

Seunghyun smiles in the darkness. "How long have you had that ring?" 

"Only a couple of weeks...I was going to give it to you on New Years...but that felt too cheesy...so I decided to give it to you today since we all were together and happy..." 

Seunghyun wraps his arm around Jiyong more making the smaller man turn to his side. "You had perfect timing...you took away my stress of picking out rings." 

"You were going to propose too." 

"Yeah...just that you beat me to it...you save us a lot of money..." says the older in a chuckle. Jiyong then grins. "What would you have done?" 

"Rent out a resturant. Buy tons of ballons. Sing you a song and then give you a huge ring with diamonds all around the band." 

Jiyong then laughs. "That would be nice for a girl...but not for me...I don't need all that stuff...I just need you and only you."

"Well good thing I didn't do it" says the older in a laugh. "You really wouldn't have liked it?" 

Jiyong shakes his head. "It's nice in dramas...but not in real life..." 

"But me in a tux. Singing to you...feeding you...you sure?" 

Jiyong chuckles. "Not everything I wouldn't like...just some things wouldn't be of my taste...Plus you do most of that already" Which is true because Seunghyun likes to feed Jiyong food and Jiyong has the pleasure of hearing Seunghyun sing terrible in the shower every morning.

Jiyong places his hand on his lover's arm making the cold silver grace his Fiance's skin. "Hyunnie...what about the Gala." 

The older sighs. "Don't remind me..." 

"Just go..." 

"I told you I won't...especially now since we are now married." 

"But we are not married baby." 

"Well..I say we are..."says Seunghyun with a smile. Jiyong then smiles caressing his lover's bare arm. "I see you as my husband too...I have seen you as it for a long time." 

"How long?" says the older placing a kiss on Jiyong's hair. 

"Months...when you told me that I was more than a Manny"says Jiyong closing his eyes. "I'm tired baby. Let's sleep." 

Seunghyun cuddles close. "I will once I drown out your snores." 

"Yah." 

"Love you...oh and baby?" 

"Ne?" 

"You're fired" 

Jiyong laughs. "I already quit months ago." 

 

****Hello Happy holidays! Happy New Year!! I hope that all is well. Please UPVOTE and SUBCRIBE! Later^^