Explorer

The Manny

 

It is around noon and the sunlight is just now coming into the room. Jiyong is still sleep and the baby is getting awoken by the soft sunlight hitting her blanket. Raeyoo wiggles around a bit before opening her little eyes. She opens her eyes and takes in the room bit by bit with a literal scan of the room. She then turns over and smiles softly at the person next to her. 
 
She then lifts herself and crawls over to Jiyong. The baby moves her head and goes under the blanket to snuggle next to Jiyong. The whole time Jiyong is pretending to be sleep as the baby snuggles closer and closer. Jiyong who feels all the movements smiles to himself. Raeyoo looks up at the man and smiles again before getting herself comfortable in the warm hoodie. 
 
"So sweet" Jiyong cuddles the little one closer. Raeyoo leans into the vibrations and coos. "gah gah..." Her little arms and legs snuggle more and more into the hoodie making this a very precious moment. He then sits up with the baby in his arms. Raeyoo looks the room over again with sleepy eyes. "Aigo you still want to sleep little one?" Jiyong loves that this baby is full of such joy. Despite everything that happens to her she still has this light. The innocence of her age just makes things easier for her, but Jiyong is afraid of how things will be when she gets older.  The baby snuggles into Jiyong some more. "I wanna snuggle too but we need to wake wake up." Jiyong smiles as he gets up from the floor. 
 
He brings them into her bathroom and turns on the water. He pulls out her washcloth and Raeyoo starts to wiggle. She still can't stand the thought of water near her face. Jiyong needs to clean her face so he has to do it anyways. Since Raeyoo is rather fond of the other she lets him clean her little face to her little ears. He makes sure to clean her face well because there might be eye boogies in her eyes. 
 
Jiyong puts the cloth away and brings her into the bedroom. He then opens the drawer. "What do you wish to wear today?" The baby smiles and points lazily at a sparkle top. Jiyong chuckles. "Feeling festive little one?" Jiyong pulls out the top and pulls out a matching pair of white shorts for her to wear. He puts the bell barrette on the little one and puts her down. 
 
He listens as the little one crawls all over the room playing with random toys. Jiyong does a little tidying up and then picks up the little one to change her diaper.  He opens the diaper and then chuckles. "Oooh we have a poo poooo today" He makes a stinky face and Raeyoo giggles. "Oh this is funny to you." says the older changing her diaper. 
 
Jiyong changes the little one into her sparkle top and brings her into the kitchen. He sits her in her high chair and she pouts a little. "I'm making in breakfast little one." Jiyong smiles and does a goofy dance. "Almost time to eat eat eat eat eaaaaaat." Raeyoo giggles again while Jiyong puts on his apron that was in his bag. "gah gahaaa gaah askjdafjl" 
 
"Ne baby" 
 
"Hmmm tell me more" says Jiyong with a grin.
 
"asdkjslkdak gah ap ap asdkgdkg" 
 
He goes to the fridge and pulls out her already prepared food. It takes no time to place all of it on to a plate. The baby watches as Jiyong goes from one side of the kitchen to the other. Jiyong turns around knowing the little one is watching and plays with her running from one end to the other. The food warms up and Jiyong goes over to the baby ready to eat. "Yuuuuummmy foods. Open wide little one?" 
 
The baby opens wide and takes the food into . She loves the taste of the food and Jiyong has once again made another successful dish. Jiyong continues to feed the little one who is always eager to eat every single bite. 
 
///////////////////////Seunghyun's Work//////////////////
 
Papers papers papers. It's all that is on Seunghyun's desk. He is taking on so many cases he has no choice but to leave most of his work out. His desk is always covered in something work related. His job requires him to work long hours and many cases at a time. He has to travel to cities and then be back in Seoul in the same night at times. Sleeping at work has also become like a second home. 
 
The funny thing is that the rest of Seunghyun's co workers are very family oriented...but Seunghyun is not. He has not one picture of his family in his office. What makes him regret that is from this morning. The way his daughter looked at him looking him over like a foreign object to then smiling. He fell in love with her all over again. This morning reminded him of when he first met her. The way she looked at him from the nursery. The way that she craved for his attention. 
 
When he came near she knew it was him. The first days of being a dad were both sad and happy times for the man. He received a daughter that he loved to hold and carry...but the harsh reality of not having a wife any more he was hurt. Still despite the fact of his loss. He still managed to take pictures of his daughter. 
 
The lawyer pulls out his phone and looks at his pictures. There are not many because he deleted all trances of his wife. The only pictures he has left are the ones of his daughter in the nursery as a newborn. Out of the three pictures there is one that he cherishes the most. Raeyoo is looking directly at him with her big brown eyes with want and love. "Looking at the pictures again huh?" says Yang who is the owner of the practice. Seunghyun puts his phone away and the older chuckles. "Why don't you put the pictures in a frame?" 
 
Seunghyun shakes his head. "I don't want my clients to see anything personal. I want them to know that I'm focused on only them." The older man sighs. "I doubt that your performance will we shattered by a couple of pictures." The older gets a page from his secretary and leaves the room. 
 
It's not that Seunghyun doesn't want to have pictures, he does, but he is just not ready. Ever since he became a widow he suddenly felt the insecurity of being judged by others. In the work place he wanted to people to see that he was okay that he moved on. When really he is not ready to answer the questions of where is your wife and how is your daughter. He can't answer those questions because he doesn't know. He doesn't want to face it. He is afraid of him self and he knows he put himself in this place. 
 
Just moving on is the problem. 
 
//////////////////The Park/////////////////////
 
Jiyong decided that the little one needed to experience the park. It's a fun place for the little one to take in more colors and fun surroundings. He figures that it's a good time to take her because the bigger kids are in school. With them both sunblocked with SPF 45 and hats, Jiyong takes the stroller over to the swings and picks up Raeyoo. He places her in the swing and the little one freaks a bit due to the rocking. "It's okay baby girl." says Jiyong sitting in front of her. 
 
He takes the chains in both of his hands and gently rocks the swing. "Weee so funny Raeyoo" says the older in a fun voice. He continues to do the little motion and the little one gets use to it. Raeyoo soon is swinging a little bit and is smiling. "asdlksjkas" says the little one swinging and clapping her hands. They swing for a little longer while Jiyong is sitting in front of her pulling the chains back and forth. 
 
Jiyong picks her up. "Let's try the slide baby girl!" The little one doesn't know what a slide is but she smiles along with her nanny. They go over to the three foot slide and JIyong climbs the two steps to sit on the slide with Raeyoo between his arms. The little one looks down with wide eyes and Jiyong chuckles making the baby feel the vibration. "asdkfasdf" 
 
"It will be fun" says Jiyong now slowly going down the slide. Raeyoo surprisingly took it well how she enjoyed going down two more times. Jiyong then continues to take Raeyoo around the park. He wants to expose her to the many colors of the park. He goes over to the sand box and pulls out a bucket from his bag. He fill it up and then pours it back down into the sand. 
 
He hands the little one a shovel and shows her what to do with it. The little one tries to shovel in a baby like way and has fun watching the sand pile up. Another baby comes in the sand box and it looks the two of them over. Jiyong smiles. "Do you want to share Raeyoo?" Jiyong looks the mother of the other baby and smiles. The mom nods. "Cha Eun ah? want to share with the little girl?" The other baby just stares and Raeyoo holds out her bucket. The  mother praises the other. "Aigo your little girl already knows how to share" 
 
Jiyong smiles. "I'm her nanny. Her father taught her to share" because really Jiyong didn't teach the little one that trait. Raeyoo interacts well to interacting with the other baby and enjoys the time in the sand box. They together get sand all in their clothes as they make piles of sand. Jiyong looks at the time. "Aigo I should start preparing dinner." The other mother looks at her watch too. "Aigo me too my husband will kill me" 
 
They both bow and Raeyoo smiles at the little boy as she is strolled away towards the condos. "Did you have fun baby?" The little one just sits in the stroller and takes in the breeze that is going through her hair. She puts her little hands out as if she is trying to catch the air. Jiyong finds it adorable. 
 
///////////////////////////////Kitchen///////////////////////
 
Jiyong has once again prepared dinner and they baby ate it well. Now they are in the living room watching a childrens show. Since they had a late start today Raeyoo is a little more energetic. Jiyong knows the fix to the wiggles. Exercise. He has a dancing show playing where girls are dancing like ballerinas. Raeyoo who doesn't walk yet just stares and tries to mimic the dances. 
 
The nanny is sitting behind her watching her trying to dance and he finds it cute. He takes the little ones arms and holds her up so that she is standing. The little one tries to balance and stays up on her own for a couple seconds. "So strong little one" He does it again and Raeyoo tries to move her feet. "Dance dance dance'" Jiyong sings along with the TV. 
 
RaeYoo then stands on her own again and claps. Jiyong gets happy. "Good girl!" Raeyoo claps again and then falls on her poofy diaper as a cushion. Jiyong does it again. "Do it again baby girl" Raeyoo lets the older hold her up and she stands for a couple seconds on her own again. Each time Jiyong has his hands to guide her to a safe landing. "Yay yay yay!!" He claps in front of the younger. 
 
Seunghyun puts his bag down. "Raeyoo ah...you are standing...." Jiyong looks back. He didn't even hear the man come in. He then stands up and bows. "Evening Mr. Choi. I didn't know you were coming home early...." 
 
Seunghyun chuckles I finished work early today. He then walks over to sit on the floor. Raeyoo crawls over to Jiyong and holds him close. "Raeyoo ah. Show your appa" 
 
He holds out the little one in front of him and Seunghyun watches how his daughter stands on her own. She stands for a couple seconds again and she poofs to the floor making her giggle. "Yaaaaaay" Jiyong claps like crazy. He looks over at Seunghyun and encourages him to clap as well and surprisingly he does. He tries to copy Jiyong. "Good job baby girl!" Raeyoo looks the man over and then smiles crawling over to him. Seunghyun chuckles as he takes the little one in his arms again. "I missed you..." He says quietly hugging his wiggling daughter. "afkadkfd" 
 
Jiyong watches how the two interact and decides to take his leave. "I think that I should leave now." Seunghyun looks up. "No don't feel you need to leave. Raeyoo would like you to put her to bed as well....it's not ten yet..." 
 
Jiyong almost wants to laugh at the panic in the man's eyes. "Don't worry sir. I will give her a bath and put her to bed." Seunghyun smiles. "Thank you Jiyong Shi." 
 
Twenty minutes later Jiyong has laid the little one down. Her diaper is changed for just in case and she is sleeping peacefully after a bedtime song. Jiyong takes his bag from Raeyoo's room and puts it over his shoulder. He closes her door halfway and walks over to the kitchen. His jaw drops as he sees food on the table. His boss actually is eating properly. "Oh you are done putting her to bed. Have some dinner." 
 
Jiyong is puzzled. "Huh? ....I mean Sir...?" 
 
"Eat." Seunghyun pulls out a chair. "Please"
 
"I already ate" says Jiyong with is stomach conviently growling.
 
"Lie...eat..." The older then takes JIyong's bag from him. "You can't leave until you eat..." Jiyong chuckles. "Using my words against me sir?" 
 
"Well it worked for me..." 
 
Jiyong smiles. "I will eat Mr. Choi" 
 
////////////////Jiyong's and Dara's/////////////////////
 
"I ate dinner." 
 
Dara shakes her head. "Jiyong...what I tell you?" The older can see the excitement go from his face. "Noona. I know better. I'm not getting attached." The older can clearly see that Jiyong is indeed getting too attached. With his other family he was always home on time. He would occiasionally cook dinner for the family but the wife took care of most of that. "Seunghyun is becoming dependent..." 
 
"Noona he is not...he is just busy with work" 
 
"Jiyong I'm just telling...I just don't want you to get hurt. You become attached and then one day it's over...I don't know if you can handle that heart break...or if Seunghyun remarries..." 
 
"I know it's not my child...but she is special to me." 
 
Dara gets annoied. "Jiyong! Come on now. Too far. You are her nanny. Seunghyun is your employer. Not to be harsh but you are too wrapped up in this...that baby...him feeding you dinner...you are playing house..." 
 
Jiyong rolls his eyes "I'm done talking" Dara doesn't mind him walking away because their aparmtent is so small he has no choice but to listen. "You get too attached you will only get hurt. Don't say I didn't warn you in the beginning." 
 
 
**Hey thank you for reading! Please leave me your feedback. I enjoy the comments and they help me to know what you all want to see as readers^^ How are finals going for everyone? I'm in graduate school so projects are piling up. Have a great weekend! Love!**