Sorry...

The Manny

 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!" 
 
"Aish" Seunghyun mumbles trying to go back to sleep. The baby has been crying the past five minutes and she will not go back to sleep. He just put her down to bed an hour ago and it seems that she refuses to go to sleep. Seunghyun hears the screams get louder and he mutters to himself while he slowly gets out of the bed. He walks to his door and flicks on the hallway light. 
 
"Aish..." The man mutters again approaching the sound of his daughter screaming her lungs out. The poor thing can not sleep and Seunghyun has no idea what to do. It has been a long time since the little one slept like this. Babies at her age normally sleep through the night with no problem but ever since Jiyong left the little one refuses to go to sleep. 
 
Every time Seunghyun would pick her up her eyes would go around the room looking for the man that smiles so much at her. The man that is so gentle with her and gives her attention. Seunghyun has tried everything. He has tried singing, he tried the whole speaking with goofy voices with toys, but nothing is working. His alarm is going to go off in two hours and the man might be awake to before the clock  which pisses him off even  more. 
 
He turns on the dimmer switch and sees that his daughter is leaning against the crib still looking around the room. The older leans against the door and sighs . "Rae Yoo ah...please please go to sleep..." The baby looks over and pouts even more still crying. "Waaaaaaaaa!!!" He then goes over to the crib and picks her up. He tries to rock her but the little arms keep whacking the older man's head. "Rae Yoo please calm down." The baby refuses to stop and continues to cry. The older then has to go to plan B...call Jiyong.
 
He has no choice. This situation is out of his limits sadly and he needs to go to bed soon. He takes the screaming baby and places her on the bed while she still cries. He hates that he has to call someone else just to calm down his own child. 
 
////////////////////////////5am////////////////////
 
"I"m just wild and young. I"m just wild and Young. Do it just for fun. Hellloooooooooooo" Jiyong's ringer is going off and it makes the man shoot up from the bed. He never gets calls so early in the morning. Since he is a light sleeper his reaction is to jump up. The younger who is still in a funk rubs his eyes and continues to hear the song by Dragon playing in the back ground. He takes his glasses and puts them on. 
 
He then answers the call when he sees his boss is calling him. "Hello? What can I help you with Mr. Choi?" says the younger trying not to sound sleepy.
 
The older man sighs on the other line. Jiyong is also starting to hear the background noise. "Jiyong Shi...she won't go to sleep..." 
 
Jiyong turns on a light. "Is she sick?" 
 
"I don't think so..." says the other putting his hand on his daughter's head only to get it whacked away again. 
 
"She has been waking up all night. I need to wake up in a couple hours...I'm sorry...but could you come over?" 
 
Jiyong has never been summoned in the middle of the night and hearing the baby cry in the background hurts his heart. "Ne Mr. Choi. I will be right over." 
 
Seunghyun smiles against his phone. "Thank you! Thank you so much!!" 
 
Jiyong chuckle.s "Don't worry about it. I will be there soon..." 
 
They both hang up and Jiyong gets out of the bed. He figures he might as well get ready for work. He puts on the usual sweats and throws his bag over his shoulder. He goes to his bathroom and quickly starts to brush his teeth. All the commotion wakes up his roommate making her come from her room. "Why are you awake so early?" says the older with crazy hair and wild printed pajamas. Jiyong looks the woman over and chuckles. "What y attire you have on Noona" Dara scoffs and shoves the younger. 'Yaaaah I asked you a question Dongsaeng." 
 
Jiyong cleans off his tooth brush. "Seunghyun needs me to come over. Rae Yoo can't sleep." 
 
"Aish he can't even get his own baby to sleep through the night..." 
 
Jiyong puts his tooth brush in the holder and smiles. "I really like this baby noona. I really feel I need to go and help her sleep." 
 
Dara then makes a face. "I told you not to get too attached to the baby. Seunghyun is already calling you at random hours of the night...what makes you think he won't call you like this again...aish you must request a raise or over time if this happens again..." 
 
Jiyong gently smiles while his noona continues to rant. Dara makes a face again. "Why the are you smiling like that." Jiyong pulls his noona into a hug. "Because you care about me." Dara pulls away from the hug. "Don't think that you are getting off the hook because you are being cute." Jiyong kisses her cheek. "Oh I'm never cute" he smiles coyly.
 
Dara pushes the man away. "Go on and go...if this happens again of if he" Jiyong cuts her off. "Don't worry about it and I know exactly what you will do." Jiyong closes the door and hears his roommate yell smart through the door. He knows that his boss is kind of a jerk but he really cares for Rae Yoo. The poor thing is in a situation that she has no control of. 
 
Jiyong doesn't mind taking care of her because the child will have something positive in her life. When Jiyong grew up in the orphanage he never felt alone and being around positive people really helped him to have a happy child hood. Just a smile and a song can makes any ones day and it doesn't matter how old they are. 
 
Jiyong finally makes it down into the streets of Seoul. Since it's 5am the buses have started running. Jiyong is happy that he can save some money and take the bus instead of wasting money on a taxi which would be twice as much. 
 
//////////////////The Choi's//////////////////
 
Jiyong walks up to the door and knocks gently. He stands in front of the door and patiently waits. There is no sound so he knocks again but a little harder followed by the door bell. 
 
Like clock work the door flings open and yep...a screaming baby. Jiyong looks at the older and he is still in his pajamas. Rae Yoo  catches his attention as she reaches her arms out for him. Seunghyyun obviously doesn't care that his daughter is craving the attention of another person as he hands her the baby. Rae Yoo latches on and continues to cry. 
 
Jiyong pats her back and slightly bounces as he comes more and more into the condo. Seunghyun closes the door behind the man and watches as Jiyong attempts to calm down his child. 
 
The younger continues to rub the baby's back and speaks softly to her. "It's okay baby girl" says the younger in a sing song voice. "It's okay Rae Yoo ah. Don't cry beautiful." The baby clenches Jiyong's hoodie and the cries start to soften to a whimper. The baby continues to cry a bit. "That's a good girl." He looks the baby in the eyes and wipes her tears with a napkin from the table. The baby looks the man in the eyes and puts her hands out again. Jiyong then pulls the baby into a hug. "What's wrong baby..." 
 
The little one is silent now and just continues to grab onto the man. Her little body presses into Jiyong so much he could move his hands away and Rae Yoo would not fall. Jiyong continues to lightly bounce the baby and then releases the hug again. "Now will you tell me what's wrong?" The baby then starts to gibberish. "Gaaaah gah gah...." 
 
"Oh really?" says Jiyong raising an eyebrow. Seunghyun who is tucked away a corner watches how the younger interacts with his baby again. How easy it was for him to calm down the screaming child and now has her talking to him like a real conversation. Jiyong smiles at the baby. "I'm glad that you are happy now. Let's check your diaper hm?" 
 
Jiyong then walks over to Rae Yoo's bedroom and places her on the changing table. The little one fidgets while she stares up at the older. "askdj gah..." 
 
"I'm changing your diaper." 
 
The baby continues to fidget and Seunghyun finally makes it into the room to watch Jiyong. The younger then takes off Rae Yoo's bloomers to reveal her diaper. He feels the outside a bit. "Here's your problem." 
 
Seunghyun comes closer. "What is it?" 
 
Jiyong opens the diaper to reveal. "She had a wet diaper. Babies don't like the feeling." Jiyong then continues to change the diaper while the older mentally slaps himself. "I' had no idea..." says the older to himself. Jiyong closes the diaper and takes the baby in his arms again. "It's a common mistake. Most parents tend to panic and the last thing they think of is changing the diaper." Jiyong smiles and walks over to the crib. He then takes the baby and places her back in bed. The baby then pouts. "gaaaah gahhh gaaah ap gaaaaah." Jiyong pats the little tummy and starts to sing the lullaby from earlier. 
 
Seunghyun watches as the soft voice puts the baby in a peaceful rest almost making the older want to take a nap as well. Rae Yoo's eyes finally close and Jiyong takes his hand away. He puts his finger to his lips and signals the older to go out of the room. Jiyong closes the door halfway and the two go into the living room. 
 
Seunghyun who is still in pajamas is still amazed at the man in front of him. "Wow...you stopped her crying and put her to bed in less than twenty minutes..." 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "I'm not that cool Mr. Choi" 
 
That laugh makes the older almost melt. "Sorry to make you come all the way out here for a piss diaper." 
 
"It's is no problem Mr. Choi. It is my job" 
 
"True true...I will pay you over time.." 
 
Jiyong smiles. "Thank you Mr. Choi." 
 
"Well...since it's so early...if you wish to crash on the sofa for a couple hours I have no problem with it." 
 
Jiyong smiles. "Thank you sir but I could not do such a thing.." 
 
"Oh please Jiyong Shi get some more rest. You look tired" 
 
Jiyong chuckles. "Okay...just this once." 
 
Seunghyun smiles and runs to his hall closet to pull out a blanket and pillow. Jiyong watches as the man eagerly tries to cater to him. Which makes the younger see a different side to Seunghyun. On the outside he looks serious with the highlight of jerk but also the man has a caring side to him. If only he showed more of this personality to his daughter. 
 
The older comes back with the blanket and pillow and hands it to the younger. The exchange makes them slightly brush skin against skin which sends an electric feeling through the both of them, but not electric enough to make them stop their movements. Jiyong takes the blankets and sits on the sofa. "Thank you Mr. Choi." 
 
Seunghyun nods. "Thank you. I shall take my leave. I need to wake up in a couple of hours." Jiyong looks at the clock. "Aigo. What time do you need to be at work?" 
 
Seunghyun stares at the clock. "Too early...9am and I have to leave the condo by 8 to beat traffic and possible parking wars." Jiyong chuckles. "Parking wars sir?" 
 
Seunghyun nods. "Ne at the firm there is not enough spaces for everyone. If you get there too late you have to park on the second story of the parking garage which is in direct sunlight and prone to birds ting on your car." The older laughs slightly at the end. Jiyong puts his pillow down and then smiles gently. "Well I will not keep you awake any longer Mr. Choi." 
 
The older bows with his head and then leaves to go to his bed room. Jiyong lays down and pulls the blanket over his body. The sofa is more comfortable than his own bed making the man drift into a peaceful slumber. 
 
///////////////////////6am/////////////////////////
 
Jiyong gets stirred out of his sleep to the sounds of running water. He looks up at the clock in the kitchen and sees that it's a little past 6am and his boss has awoken. Jiyong then gets off the sofa and goes to the kitchen. He notices that the older fails to eat any breakfast in the morning. Since Jiyong is all about health in children he also believes that the parents should relfect good health as well if they are willing. Jiyong is not sure if Seunghyun is the willing type but it's worth a try. 
 
The younger goes trough the fridge and pulls out random foods to try to conger up a healthy breakfast that is quick and also filling. He pulls out pots and pans and gets to work cutting up various vegetables and fruits. 
 
Seunghyun finishes up in his room and it is almost 7:30 he didn't think that he would be ready so early because that initial rush is still in his body from a couple hours ago. He still feels tired but work has to be done. The older looks at his bed and contemplates whether he should take a power nap or just go to work early. 
 
The man sits on the bed with his brief case and then mentally pushes himself up. "Aiiiish." says the lawyer as he opens the door. That frustration of lack of sleep goes away as he smells delight coming into his nostrils. Seunghyun sniffs the air as he approaches the kitchen. He then sees that Jiyong is cooking food. 
 
Jiyong finishes putting a plate together and places it on the table. "Oh good you finished early....normally you are running late." Seunghyun looks around the kitchen and then back at Jiyong. "You cooked me breakfast?" 
 
Jiyong smiles and nods. "Ne Mr. Choi. I noticed that you don't eat breakfast in the morning. Rae Yoo will develop great eating habits if her Appa gets well." 
 
Seunghyun nods. "I really should be getting to work..." says the older looking through his brief case for a random file that is always missing "on purpose" in the mornings. Jiyong sighs and walks up to the older. "I'm sorry Mr. Choi" He takes the brief case from his hands making Seunghyun speechless. "Did you just...give that back." says the older a little annoyed. Jiyong shakes his head. "I'm sorry but I will not give this back until you have eaten." 
 
"But.." 
 
"No buts. Eat....Mr. Choi" says Jiyong trying not to over step his bounds. He normally doesn't act this way with clients but he feels he can with Seunghyun. He is not as intimidating after seeing him in banana pajamas and a Captain America t-shirt that has seen better days. Seunghyun surrenders and takes a seat. "You will give that back right?" 
 
"I'm not going to force you. If you wish to leave." He places the brief case on a chair "Then you shall leave sir." 
 
Seunghyun looks at the bag and sighs. He then looks over at the food in front of him and he takes a fork in hand. Jiyong is delighted and he watches how his boss eats his food. "Thank you sir." 
 
The older is in love with Jiyong's cooking once again and speaks with a mouth full of food. "Mmm ne ne" says the older shoveling more food into his mouth. Jiyong then chuckles. "What's so funny" says the older chewing his food. Jiyong waves his hands. "Oh it's nothing sir. I was just thinking to myself. I shall start cleaning up the dishes."
 
Jiyong goes into the kitchen and puts Rae Yoo's breakfast into a container to rest in the microwave. He starts to wash the dishes and quietly chuckles to himself at how  Rae Yoo is just like her father. They both eat really well;how their mouths open and close for every single bit of food. Jiyong then dries off the last dish. He goes into the baby's room and sees that the little one is already awake. 
 
"Aiiiigggooooo the princess has awoken." Rae Yoo smiles and puts her hands out for the older to take her out of the crib. Jiyong of course does the action and places her into his arms. "Did you sleep well baby?" The little one is happy to see Jiyong and she smiles as she snuggles into his hoodie. Jiyong lightly bounces as he brings her out into the kitchen. He figures she will fall asleep again so he won't feed her just yet. 
 
Seunghyun gets up from the table leaving an empty plate. He looks over and sees that his baby is awake. Jiyong smiles. "Do you need to leave now?" 
 
Seunghyun nods. "Ne...I should get going." 
 
Jiyong then comes closer with the baby. "Rae Yoo would like to say bye to you." Seunghyun is a little taken off guard as the baby is placed in his hands. The little one stares into the man's eyes and looks him over. Jiyong chuckles. "You two are just saying bye. Rae Yoo say bye to your appa" 
 
The baby leans and places to her father's cheek making him chuckle. Rae Yoo pulls back and shyly smiles at her appa who is now looking her in the eyes. The droll like kiss was sweet and it makes Seunghyun want to hold her more. He smoothes her hair back a couple times smiling gently which makes the her coo. He then hands the baby back to Jiyong. "I will be back at ten" 
 
Jiyong smiles with the baby in hand. "Okay. Mr. Choi" The door closes and Jiyong hugs the baby. "Awww so sweet giving your appa kisses." Rae Yoo smiles and then leans up to Jiyong's cheek giving him also a drool like kiss. "Aw so sweet." Jiyong kisses her back making the baby slightly blush. "Aiiiigo so cute" He pinches her cheek. "Do you wanna go back to sleep baby? Jiyong made noise huh?" The baby snuggles into the hoodie. He starts to go to her room and he tries to place her in the crib but the ninja grip is still there.
 
Jiyong chuckles. "Want to sleep in the living room?" 
 
"gah askfasdj" 
 
Jiyong smiles while taking Rae Yoo's blankets and brings them back into the living room. He then lays out a pallet on the floor and lays the baby down. Jiyong then brings down his blanket and lays his down as well. He tucks Rae Yoo in first and then lays next to her. The little one wiggles to face him and smiles gently as her eyes get heavy to finally close. 
 
Jiyong pulls the blanket up on the younger and then falls asleep himself once again...
 
**Thank you all for reading! Do you like the picture I choose for Rae Yoo? Please leave me your feedback I love your comments. I'm happy that people like nanny Jiyong and grumpy Tabi. I will slowly start to update the other stories dont worry^^ Love!