Breakdown

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

Luna couldn’t control her tears after watching that compilation.

Everything that happened before flashed back to her eyes. Every hate, every tease, every bullying and every bad thing came back.

It is like everything is fresh, brand new.

Every pain she felt before came back with that same intensity, that same impact.

Everything that she never thought would happen again, just haunts her back.

She looked at the people in her party – the celebrities, the guests, the famous people – and her parents who were just as shocked as she was.

Hell, she wanted the floor to divide into two and let the earth eat her now.

This embarrassment is overwhelming. She should have known this would happen. After all, she has been a bad girl.

A mean, bad . Just like what the video had shown.

The old Luna was nowhere near the Luna now.

The old Luna was simple, quiet and introvert. She never wanted attention. She never wanted arguments and all. She was just a normal, ordinary, school girl.

But bullied because of her looks.

She laughed weakly. No, she hasn’t lost her mind yet. She just don’t know what to feel.

Would she laugh?

Would she cry?

“Just stop being the mean you, Luna. You can go back to being the simple one.”

Luna looked at L.Joe who was looking back at her. “You did this?!” She asked, almost cracking.

L.Joe nodded. “We wanted you to realize how much of a you are now. So, we actually decided to put this act.” He replied. “Sorry if it had to be this way.” He added.

Luna scoffed. She wanted to shout at him. She wanted to get back at him. But all she could do now is cry her heart out. She had never wished nor thought of this thing to happen.

She hated her past. She never wanted to remember anything from her past.

It was torturing. Terrifying.

Excruciating.

L.Joe looked at Luna’s parents who are running to her with open arms ready to hug her.

L.Joe bowed at them. “I’m sorry, Madam/Sir. I apologize for what had to happen.” He said.

Mr. and Mrs. Park just nodded. They wouldn’t ask for any apology.

Because in the first place, Luna was the one who started all this.

She was hurt before and she thought hurting all the people back will make her happy.

Well, sorry, payback’s a , as what those mean girls say in movies.

L.Joe looked at his friends who are staring at Luna breaking down. This is the first time they had ever seen her lose all her cool and iness like this.

True, they wanted to get back at her.

But they don’t want to see her like this.

Well, in the first place, what did they even think would Luna’s reaction be?

They wanted to break her, don’t they?

They wanted her to feel the pain that Luna has been bringing about to everyone.

They wanted to wake her up.

And, sorry for her, this is the only way to wake her up.

Guess, truth hurts, really. 

But always remember that the truth will set you free.

Just as how imprisoned Luna was.

Luna thought she has been freed from her past. But no, she was living and her past dictated every move she makes.

Because her past was something she couldn’t forget.

Well, she shouldn’t forget it, though. But she just didn’t manage to outgrow it.

For one, her past had made the biggest impact of what she is now.

Perhaps, it’s true.

Every bully has a dramatic past.

Because no one just ends up bullying others for no reasons.

There are factors that affect who and what they are. Environment is one.

“Do you think she will be alright, hyung?” Changjo asked as they walked out of the hall.

Chunji sighed. “I hope so.” He replied.

“She should.” L.Joe butted in. “This was a way for her to realize everything she has done.” He added.

Teen Top looked at him. Yes, L.Joe was right.

Perhaps, this is the only way for Luna to realize that being mean or a bully is not the answer or the payback to all the bullying she received before.

A war is not answered and solved by another war.

The six boys sighed as they approached you and Naeun who are waiting anxiously in the car.

You both stepped out of the car to ask the boys what happened. “How’d it go?” You asked, worried.

L.Joe smiled at you. “It went well.” He said as he wrapped his arm around you. “She just had a little mental breakdown.” He added.

You gave the six boys a look.

“A little?” Naeun asked.

Teen Top grinned.

“Okay. So maybe a major mental and emotional breakdown.” L.Joe rephrased his previous statement.

Your eyes widened. “Oh my gosh. Poor, Luna.” You spoke.

Everyone sighed.

“Noooooonaaaa~!!!!!”

Everyone looked at the direction of the squeal.

There were Sungjae and the rest of the BTOB boys running towards your direction.

“Good job, boys.” Naeun beamed as she hi-fived Minhyuk.

Sungjae looked at you. “She looked devastated.” He spoke a bit sad.

You nodded and patted his head. “It’s okay. Sometimes, you have to destroy in order to build.” You said. “The end would justify the means, don’t you worry.” You added.

Sungjae nodded and smiled. “I just wish she recovers from this sooner.” He said.

You smiled. “She will. Now, where’s your car? Let’s go home. Dad will kill us both.” She beamed.

Sungjae nodded and led you to the car, while the rest walked to their respective cars and went home.

“See you at school, Hana noona!!!!” Ricky beamed making you laugh.

Sungjae looked at you. “Noona, I don’t want to drive.” He whined.

Your eyes widened. “What?” You asked.

You definitely don’t want to drive. I mean, you don’t know how to drive.

“YAH, Sungjae!” You nagged.

But Sungjae walked to the back seat. “Just ask L.Joe hyung to drive us. He didn’t bring his car!” He replied as he laid in the backseat, curled like a fetus.

You rolled your eyes.

“He’s a kid.” Someone talked behind you and with that familiar voice, you smiled.

You nodded. “Yes. I can’t even imagine him having a girlfriend.” You replied.

L.Joe laughed. “Oh believe me, he couldn’t imagine you having a boyfriend too.” He beamed.

You hit his shoulder lightly. “Aish! This puppy!” you shot.

L.Joe laughed at you. “But seriously, who would ever think we would end up with each other?” He asked.

“No one. I, myself, am actually shocked we happened.” You replied as L.Joe held both of your hands, pulling you closer to him.

He smiled. “Same here.” He said. “But you know what’s funnier about it?” He asked.

“What?” You asked.

“It’s us going through it all. From start to finish.” He replied. “Like what I have said before, I have been holding back.” He started. “Right now, I won’t. Will never hold back.” He finished as he leaned closer to you.

“Me too, hyung. I won’t hold back. So please, I can’t hold my sleepiness back. Can you stop being so cheesy and let’s go?” Sungjae butted in.

L.Joe suddenly pulled away making you laugh. He rolled his eyes. HE was about to kiss you.

“Aish! Next time, don’t allow Sungjae to come to us.” He told you making you chuckle at him.

*Precious.* You thought.*I am not going to hold back too, Lee Byunghun.*

 

 

 

-----------------------

The Final Chapter is next. 

I will miss you, guys!!!!!! :((((((