His Whisper

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

“How is your noona, Sungjae?” L asked Sungjae.

L, your dad, and your mom had been away for business trips these past few weeks so they haven’t spken to you about your break up with L. Joe.

Perhaps, this is the first time they will talk about it because they have just got home from their dreaded business trips.

Sungjae sighed as he sat in front of your mom and dad. “I don’t think she is getting any better.” He replied in all honesty. “I think she is getting worse day by day.” He added.

Your mom and dad sighed.

“What really happened between the two?” Your mom asked your brother.

Sungjae sighed. “I don’t really know what exactly happened but I guess it is something about trust and loyalty.” He replied. “I heard noona say hyung doesn’t trust her already.” He explained.

Your mom sighed as she looked at L. “You boys, really!” She beamed. “Always no trust!” She added.

L just rolled his eyes. “Because you girls don’t explain yourself!” He replied.

Your mom rolled her eyes. “Excuses.” She said. “But at the end of the day, you still run to the girl.” She added.

Sungjae chuckled, seeing his mom and dad bicker like this even if they have just come back from the mentally – tiring business trips.

Well, that is what is happening usually in relationships.

Sungjae hopes that will happen to you and L. Joe as well.

 

You walked home from school really looking lifeless and all.

Pictures of L. Joe and Luna talking kept on flashing back in your mind. NO matter how much you tried to shrug everything that brings you sadness off, memories just kept on coming in. In bulks even.

“Are you even that great?” You mumbled as you walked looking down. “Why don’t you get out of my mind?” You asked yourself thinking of L. Joe as you continued walking.

You sighed hard as you hold the strap of your bag and walked faster to go home.

You opened the door and saw your dad and Sungjae on the couch while your mom is preparing something for snacks.

“HANA!” your mom and dad called you excitedly and hugged you.

You smiled and hugged them back. “Mom! Dad! I missed you so much!” You beamed as you gave them your tightest hug.

You don’t know but this seems to be legit. Your heart was somewhat happy to see that you have your parents now.

It is like you know that you have someone to turn to right now, and confide all the feelings you are keeping inside now, because you don’t want to seem weak in front of your younger brother.

This, probably, relieved you a lot.

You smiled at your parents as they looked at you.

*Seems like they know now.* You thought as you looked at how sympathizing their looks are.

“How are you?” Your dad asked.

A simple question but is the hardest of the questions these days.

That’s because you couldn’t really manage to admit to others how you are breaking right now.

“Getting better.” You smiled as you replied to your dad.

Your mom looked at you and smiled. “You don’t have to lie to us, baby.” She said. “We know when you are hurting and we know when you are not because we are your parents.” She added as she caressed your back.

You smiled, holding the tears back. You badly want to cry right now.

You looked at your dad who is giving you a meaningful look. You know how comforting his look is, because you see security.

You can see that you are safe with your family.

But anyways, who doesn’t?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And it did you good.

You talked to your parents last night and you felt really relieved.

You have finally let go of all the feelings you have been holding in, keeping in. And now that you have freed them all out of your system, you have finally got the chance to think more of what you really want to become now.

Somehow, you thought of yourself as an independent woman.

Someone who doesn’t depend her decisions on others.

Someone who doesn’t seek for other’s approval for the things you are going to do.

Someone who trusted herself more than others.

And yes, it made you really happy.

Starting today, you are going to forget of all the things that makes you sad.

You have to start your new journey in this world.

If he comes, he will come.

If he does not, then, is that even your problem?

*That is how you should think, Hana.* You thought as you walked to the cafeteria with some friends from your class.

It is awkward because you are not really that close, but it is better than to eat alone, right?

 “Hello, Kim Hana.” A guy came to you.

You looked at him and smiled. “Hello?” You contemplated on talking to him or not.

He smiled brightly at you. “Can I ask for your phone number?” He asked.

You looked at him in disbelief. “What?” You asked back, almost chuckling in disbelief.

He smiled at you. “Can I ask for your phone number?” He asked again.

You grinned as you overlooked from him.

“+00xxxxxxxx.” Someone replied from behind.

The guy looked at you and beamed. “Thank you, Kim Hana!” He shouted for joy.

You chuckled as you saw Jongup blink at him. “Call that number and tell me when to break your jaw.” He warned at the guy.

The guy looked behind him and saw a fierce looking Jongup looking down on him. He suddenly ducked his head and darted out of the scene.

You laughed at the shocked kid as Jongup smiled at you and your friends. “Hello?” He greeted.

Your friends smiled at him. “Hi.” They chorused.

Jongup smiled. “Would you mind if I take Hana away for this lunch?” He asked.

Your friends nodded. “Sure!” They said and Jongup bowed in gratitude.

Jongup looked at you and nodded. “Come on, let’s eat.” He said.

You gave him a weird look. “What?” You asked.

He grinned. “Come on! I have something to tell you.” He explained.

You gave him a queer look. But submitted instead.

Jongup took you to another vacant table Teen Top’s table.

Your eyes widened. All the ‘independent woman’ vibes in you are slowly turning cloudy and foggy now. Although, Teen Top is not here, you are still not so comfortable being in one area with L. Joe.

“What are we doing here?” you whispered harshly to Jongup.

Jongup shrugged and grinned.

You sighed. “You are not so awesome today.” You spoke.

Jongup smiled and shrugged as he sat. “Hana, remember the day, you broke up with me?” He asked.

You nodded.

He smiled. “Good.” He replied. “What happened after?” He asked you.

You narrowed your eyes on him.

“What do you mean?” You asked.

“Just answer me.” He insisted.

You frowned. “We got closer.” You replied.

Jongup nodded. “Exactly! And what happened after that?” He asked.

You reminisced what happened after. “We got together.” You replied.

Jongup smiled. “Absolutely.” He replied.

You looked at him confused. “So, what is the point?” you asked.

He grinned as he glanced at Teen Top coming with Luna. He got closer. Your eyes widened.

He leaned closer to your ear. “I’m helping you.” He whispered.

You looked at him, questioning.

Jongup smiled. “I said I will always be here for you, Hana.” He reminded you. “Don’t you ever dare to forget that.” He added, making you really touched.