The Necklace

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

“Where is it?” L. Joe searched everywhere for his necklace.

*Where did I place it?!* He thought in frustration.

*Hana will be so upset with me.* He thought again as he continued searching for it in his room.

L. Joe didn’t know how but when he opened his eyes this morning, his key necklace was lost. He didn’t know where he had placed it because he never really takes that off his neck.

EVER.

L. Joe shut his eyes fiercely as he gave up looking for it.

“I’m just going to continue looking for it later. I’ll just have to hide it from her for a day.” He told himself as he looked for an outfit where you will be able to not notice the necklace.

“Stupid, Lee Byunghun!” He muttered as he changed and prepared for school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Noona, remember what I told you. Do not just ignore my words.” Sungjae said as he watched you eat.

You rolled your eyes. “I still believe in change of hearts, Sungjae.” You replied.

Sungjae looked at you in disbelief. “You are too kind for her. I am sure she doesn’t even think of you as a schoolmate. She thinks of you as a rival.” He spat.

You narrowed your eyes on him. “That is so disrespectful, Sungjae.” You said. “We don’t really know what is happening in a person’s mind. You can’t just say that.” You scolded him as you finished your food.

Sungjae shook his head. “Don’t come to me telling me I was right when she takes L. Joe hyung from you.” He shot back.

You rolled your eyes as the doorbell rang. You looked at Sungjae. “That’s L. Joe. Now tell me who was trying to steal him away from me?” You asked as you walked to the door and let L. Joe come in.

“Good morning, babe!” he said as he kissed your cheek.

You smiled. “Good morning! Have you eaten?” You asked.

L. Joe nodded. “Yes.” He replied. “Go on and eat.” He told you.

You smiled. “I’m done.” You replied.

“Then, let’s go?” He asked you.

You smiled and nodded. “Sungjae, we’re going to school.” You shouted.

“Take care, Noona!” He shouted back.

You nodded as L. Joe held your hand and walked to school.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I’ll see you at lunch.” L. Joe said as he gave you a peck on the lips.

You smiled and nodded. “Bye, puppy!” You beamed happily.

He smiled and pushed you to the room.

You glared at him as you walked to your seat.

“Good morning, Hana!” Chunji smiled at you.

You knew what that smile is all about. You rolled your eyes.

“Oh!” Chunji said. “Luna gave me this a while ago.” He said as he gave you the key necklace.

You raised your brow. “This is L. Joe’s. Why is this with Luna?” You asked in confusion.

Chunji shrugged. “I don’t know as well. But she seemed to be in a good mood today.” He said. “She was smiling all the way.” He added.

You narrowed your eyes on him. “Smiling all the way?” You asked.

Chunji nodded. “Yeah. Not the Luna we know actually.” He said. *At least the Luna I was thinking.* He continued in his mind.

You nodded with all the weird thoughts coming in your mind now.

Last night, L. Joe wasn’t calling your calls. He wasn’t in the house either. He was nowhere to be found. You thought that maybe he went out with his friends or got overtime with the baseball practice.

So what really happened?

And now, Luna gave the necklace to Chunji.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

HOW DID LUNA GET THAT NECKLACE?

*Don’t tell me…* You couldn’t even continue in your thoughts. *He can’t do that to me.* You convinced yourself as you exhaled deeply.

Chunji noticed you getting pale. “Are you alright?” He asked.

You smiled and nodded. “Yeah. I am.” You replied as you took your notes and waited for the professor.

Chunji looked at you. *It’s starting.* He thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You and Teen Top were in the cafeteria. L. Joe and Luna aren’t around yet and you don’t know how you could face the two.

*Is Sungjae right about Luna?* you thought as you kept your mouth shut all through out.

Ricky noticed your passiveness. “Noona, is something wrong?” He asked.

You looked at him and smiled. “No. Nothing’s wrong.” You replied.

Teen Top looked at you. They don’t believe you. They have known you long enough to believe that you are fine with that look on your face.

*Something is bothering her.* They all thought.

“Look! It’s hyung!” Changjo beamed as he pointed at L. Joe and Luna walking together talking about something.

You sighed and didn’t even look back at them.

HOW DID LUNA HAVE THAT NECKLACE?

That was all that you were thinking.

L. Joe came over and sat beside you. “Hi, babe.” He said as he kissed your cheek.

You smiled and nodded weakly. “Hello.” You replied as you were still immersed in your thoughts.

L. Joe noticed your aloofness. “Is there something wrong?” He asked you. He was wondering what made you this way when you were so happy when you separated ways.

Luna looked at Chunji. “Hey, Chunji. I gave you the necklace a while ago right?” She asked enthusiastically.

Chunji nodded. *Why did she have to tell everyone that she gave me the necklace? A real attention-seeker.* HE thought as he rolled his eyes inwardly.

You looked at Luna.

Luna blinked at you. “Oh hello, Hana!” She said.

L. Joe looked at Chunji. “What necklace?” He mouthed.

Chunji motioned him that he’s dead.

L. Joe’s eyes widened. He pointed to himself. “My necklace?” He mouthed.

Chunji nodded.

L. Joe shut his eyes and wanted to melt down right now. He looked at you. You are still looking at Luna. *Maybe she knew!* He thought as he looked at Chunji for help.

Chunji shrugged. “I can’t help you on that.” He mouthed with his hands on surrender mode.

L. Joe sighed hard. “Hana?” He said.

You looked at him. “Yes?” You asked.

“Let’s go buy food.” He said smiling.

You shook your head and smiled. “I ate. Just go buy food with Luna.” You suggested.

L. Joe looked at you weirdly.

You blinked at him. “Go. I know you two are hungry.” You said as Teen Top watched you show cold treatment on L. Joe.

The boys looked at each other.

“Okay. Let’s go, L. Joe oppa!” Luna beamed happily.

Your ears perked up when you heard the word Oppa. *She calls him oppa?* You thought as you looked at L. Joe and Luna lining up at the food area.

“She calls him oppa?” Niel asked in disbelief.

CAP looked at Luna in disbelief. “She is one heck of an extraordinary girl.” He beamed.

You sighed and stood up.

“Noona, where are you going?” Ricky asked.

You smiled. “I’m going to Woohyun Daebu.” You replied. “Tell them I went first.” You said as you waved good bye.

“L. Joe hyung is sooo dead.” Changjo said while shaking his head.

“I know right.” The rest followed.