Both Hurting

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

“Yah! Lee Byunghun! Get your head in the game!” The captain of the baseball team hollered at L. Joe.

L. Joe nodded and breathed deeply to calm himself.

Today, he has been almost striking every ball that is thrown to him. Well, that is not L. Joe’s forte. He doesn’t get a lot of errors in practices. So, everyone is bothered at how L. Joe is performing now.

The captain sighed and went to him. “Hey, you should think of the game when you are in this field. Forget your love problems.” He told him.

L. Joe nodded. “Yes, hyung. I’m sorry.” He bowed.

The captain looked at him with sympathy and patted his shoulder.

L. Joe sighed as he continued to practice.

These past few days, he has been not himself.

Oh, God knows how much he misses you.

Whenever he sees you, he wants to hug you tight. He wants to kiss you.

HE BADLY WANTS TO BE WITH YOU.

But there is this force that is pulling him away from doing everything he wants.

There is this pinch of a force that dictates him what to do.

“Oppa!”

L. Joe was shocked to see Luna pop out from behind. “Oh, what?” he asked.

Luna smiled sweetly. “My birthday is coming up. It’s on the 24th.” She informed him about her birthday which is now just 2 weeks away. “And you are my .” She mused happily.

L. Joe looked at her in shock. “What?” He asked in disbelief.

Luna giggled. “Don’t worry oppa, everything will be alright.” She cheered on. “I’ll be expecting you there!” She beamed as she ran to her squad.

L. Joe stared at her in shock.

But that died down when his eyes traveled to Chunji’s class who is coming in the field. It is their PE time.

L. Joe’s eyes trailed to this one person he has been longing for.

You.

His heart wavered when he saw you talking to a random girl in your class, smiling.

Oh how he misses that.

The past few days has been hard on him and he is quite sure that both of you are having your fair share of sufferings.

He is guilty.

You are hurt.

His heart even paced faster as he caught you glancing at him.

That shiver in his spine as he saw sadness in your eyes even at a distance.

He is dying as he saw the sorrow in your stare at him.

Oh how he wanted to run to you and do what he usually does.

But no, it isn’t even making sense how he couldn’t control his actions. It’s like he is the one who wants to kill himself.

Kill himself by making you sad. He remembered when he was defending himself to your dad. He remembered every single word he told him.

L crossed his arms as he rested his back on the softness of the sofa. “So, Lee Byunghun, do you love my daughter?” He finally asked.

L. Joe looked at L with eyes of sincerity. “Yes, sir. I love her more than anyone else. More than myself.” He replied in all honesty.

L raised his brow. “Would you kill yourself for my daughter then?” He asked.

L. Joe smiled. “I will. I will do anything and everything for her, Sir.” He replied.

L nodded. “So, what do you have that Jongup doesn’t?” He asked.

L. Joe just smiled and looked into L’s eyes. “Her heart, sir.” He said. “Hana has given me her heart. I have known her for a long time. We were best friends. I know her more than Jongup does. I know when she’s upset. I know when she couldn’t sleep at night. I know it when she’s lying, when she’s hungry, when she wants someone to be with her, when she wants to be alone. I know it when she needs help in solving physics problems, even if she’s smarter than me. I know if she wants ice cream. I know when she is sick. She even tells me if she has her period. I know what television shows she wants. Of course, I know that she loves Lee Taemin. Even if, I am jealous about it, I will support their love team, which she self – acclaimed by the way. I love her. I can’t live without her.” He smiled. “She has been away for how many weeks from me. And everyday of those weeks, she has never left my mind. I know that I am really dumb and stupid for not knowing and deciphering that I love her. I was blinded by my crush on another girl. I know that I hurt her a lot of times already. I have stepped on her feelings.” He looked at L. “But right now, Sir, I am very sure of what I feel. I love Kim Hana. More than anything, more than anyone and more than myself.” He stated.

L smiled. He was speechless, flabbergasted. He couldn’t believe that L. Joe loves you this deep – THIS DEEP. “Arasseo. I understand you. And I have known you since you were kids.” He said. “I trust my daughter to you, Byunghun. Since you are her best friend, I know that somehow, you know her probably, more than me.” He said with a serious face. “Don’t hurt her. Never in any way.” He emphasized.

L. Joe smiled. “I won’t, Sir. Hurting her is the last thing I would do.” He said.

He clearly remembered how he promised to never hurt you. And that hurting you is the last thing he would do.

But what now?

He is hurting. You are hurting.

Both of you are sad.

“Hana!”

You looked at Chunji who is calling you, waving his hands on you. He actually hates PE and he is sitting on the bleachers now.

You shook your head and walked to him.

“What are you doing here?” You asked him. “We are supposed to be playing!” You added.

Chunji gave you a bored look. “Oh come on, Hana. You know I hate sports more than I hate being called ugly.” He replied.

You chuckled. He might be right.

You sighed and plopped beside him, looking down.

Chunji glanced at you. As much as he knows how much L. Joe is hurting right now, he senses that you are hurt even more. He could sense that by the fake smiles and laughs you have been exhibiting for the past few days.

Being Chunji, he wants to solve this. But he doesn’t know how.

We all know how much Chunji was of big help when you are in dilemma of what you are feeling for L. Joe. He was the key to your realization.

And right now, Chunji wanted to be the key to your happiness again.

He will do everything for you and L. Joe to be together again.

Because he is the Awesome Lee Chanhee.

“How have you been?” He asked hesitantly.

You sighed. “Getting better.” You replied while faking another smile.

He nodded, but he didn’t believe you. *You are getting worse, babo.* He thought as he looked at you.

Suddenly, his eyes were on L. Joe who is watching the both of you. He sighed hard as he felt helpless for his best friend.

He knows how much L. Joe wants to be with you right now. He knows how L. Joe wants to be with you forever.

But he couldn’t figure out why L. Joe is prolonging the agony when he knows what happened really.

*Stupid dog.* Chunji thought as he reminisced L. Joe’s expression when he knew that the picture was edited.

Naeun came to L. Joe and Teen top in the cafeteria once she knew what happened between L. Joe and you.

And take note, she is fuming with anger. She almost killed L. Joe.

“You, Lee Byunghun! How could you be so stupid to believe a photoshopped photo?” She asked as she appeared in front of Teen Top.

The boys are all astounded at how Naeun is angry right now, because truthfully, they haven’t seen Naeun this aggressive. She was always the demure type.

L. Joe blinked at her. “Did Hana tell you about this?” He asked. “Did she tell you to act like you are with her that day? Because I am not buying it.” He said in a cold tone.

Naeun looked at him in disbelief. “What the hell is wrong with you Lee Byunghun? Believing as easy as that? Do you even know what to believe?” She asked angrily.

L. Joe looked at her. “It was obvious. They are together!” He insisted.

Naeun shook her head as she scoffed at L. Joe. “You are unbelievably despicably stupid.” She said directly.

L. Joe looked at her. “What?!” His voice is starting to rise as well.

“Hana and I were together that whole day. We even went to eat at the restaurant you two used to eat. We talked about a lot of people. We talked about the people around you that is taking you blow by blow. I am not doing this because Hana told me. I just don’t want you to believe in such lies when it was obvious that she loves you.” Naeun ranted. “L. Joe, Hana broke up with him because of YOU. Because she loves you. Do you really think Hana is stupid to do such irresponsible act like that? Why don’t you get back to your senses?” She asked. “Because you freaking in PLUTO right now.” She continued before she left leaving the boys in awe at how she acted.

Naeun, now a strong woman.

L. Joe couldn’t digest what he heard. He couldn’t believe himself. He is so stupid. How could he have done that?

And right that point, he couldn’t feel anything but guilt.

And just like that, Teen Top couldn’t do anything.

Chunji exhaled deeply, making you look at him.

“What’s wrong?” You asked him.

Chunji looked at you. “You know what, Hana. I have noticed that L. Joe has been dying these past few days.” He started. You gave him a weird look.

Chunji shook his head. “It is not because we are friends. But as a person, I can see that he is suffering as well.” He rephrased. “And from what I see, you do too.” He added.

You looked at him and sighed. “Why would he look like he’s suffering? He was the sole reason why we are like this.” You replied, hurting yourself with every word you are uttering.

Chunji looked at you, sympathizing. He might not say it but you know it. “Why don’t you give each other a chance? I can see that both of you are suffering from the time each other is away.” He said.

You looked at him. “But…” You tried to think of a reason but your eyes lingered on L. Joe and Luna talking to each other. Tears began to form in your eyes.

Just like that you felt your world falling into pieces. You hated how the scene looked like. It looked like they are really closer now.

Chunji wanted to jab L. Joe in the face now. He was so close to convincing you to talk to him but then this Luna comes in between again.

*Freak this girl!* He screamed in his thoughts.

You looked at Chunji and smiled, with b tears. “I don’t think it will be possible.” You said.

Chunji looked at you with a sad expression. He wanted to make you and L. Joe happy but it seems Luna is always getting in the way.

*Watch out, Luna. I will stop your illusions.* He promised as he patted your shoulder.

“Thanks, Chunji. You are definitely the Awesome Lee Chanhee.” You smiled.