A Championship Game

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

And the news about your break up with L. Joe spread like fire.

We all know who did it. We all know who does and we are dying to kill this certain individual responsible for it.

Damn knows how Sungjae wants to kill that biatch.

Now, the siblings are eating their breakfast, preparing for school.

Sungjae glanced at you while you ate lifelessly. He felt really bad about what had happened to you. He was sad that he has to see you so vulnerable and sad and aching and powerless and helpless.

If he could wipe away all the hurt that L. Joe had given you, he would’ve.

Because he cares for you so much, so so much. Even though he teases you a lot and you fight often times, he couldn’t bear to see you unhappy. You are not supposed to be unhappy. You don’t deserve any of this.

If there is someone who does, it is definitely Luna.

She definitely deserves to be sad. She deserves to be broken.

In order for her to learn her lesson. In order for her to stop meddling with innocent people’s lives. In order for her to stop terrorizing people’s hearts.

Sungjae sighed hard making you look at him. “What’s wrong?” You asked as if you don’t know what he was sighing about.

You are getting troubled too because Sungjae has seen your vulnerable side. You don’t want him to. You are older than him; you should be stronger than him. You should be the one comforting him, not the other way around.

Just because you are hurting doesn’t mean you have to be this weak in front of him.

You can’t. You have to be strong. Not only for Sungjae but for your own self as well.

And that’s what you are going to do today.

Knowing that everyone will pick on you, ask you a lot of questions and maybe, bully you today because of the break up, you still have to have your chin up and face them all.

After all, hiding wouldn’t cause you something positive.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And it was true.

As soon as you stepped your foot on the campus grounds, a lot of people have been asking you about the real reason of the break up.

You are probably certain that they did this to L. Joe as well.

What did he answer?

That question bothered you.

Did he answer?

*I wish he didn’t.* You thought as you gulped and walked fast to your class.

 “Hana, why did you and L. Joe oppa break up?”

“Is there a third party?”

“Are you responsible for it?”

“Are you still friends?”

You stopped at the last question. Yes, are you still friends?

No.

You told him that you wish to never see him again. And that means you are cutting all the ties with him. You don’t want to be friends with him.

At least not now.

Not now when everything is really blurry and confusing.

Or probably, not ever.

You sighed and just walked straight ahead without even glancing to your sides.

You wished L. Joe wasn’t the only friend you have. You wished he wasn’t the only best friend in your life. And worst, you wished he never became your boyfriend.

Because now, you felt like you lost everything. You lost the only person you have.

Perhaps, what they said was true.

Being in a relationship with your best friend is the most risky thing in life. Because at the end, you are going to weigh between friendship and love.

And it is the most difficult choice to make. Choose one, you lose the other.

Eventually, be alone forever.

You, unfortunately, bumped into Teen Top with Luna.

Why is this happening in your life?

Is God trying to give you a heart attack?

Because when you look at L. Joe and Luna, you want to crash them into pieces.

Why did you have to believe that people change?

Perhaps, there are really exceptions to the rules.

And Luna is the best example for that.

“Hana,” Chunji called you.

You noticed his voice is really sad and worried.

You looked at him with your poker face. Damn, your eye makeup is not doing any good to conceal your puffy eyes. They could probably see that you cried all night.

“Good morning, guys!” you bowed. “I’ll go to class first.” You said as you walked trying to ignore them.

They all looked at your fading figure.

L. Joe sighed.

He is dying deep inside. He wants to run to you and hug you tight and tell you everything is alright. But he wanted you to feel that he respects your decision.

If you wanted t break up, he would give it to you.

Ricky glared at L. Joe while the rest looked at Luna.

“Hyung, you are such a bastard for making Hana noona cry so hard. How could you even call yourself a man, huh?” Ricky asked with fists balled.

No one knows how Ricky is so mad at L. Joe right now. He is the closest to you and he treats you like his older sister. And seeing you like this, he is definitely not forgiving L. Joe for making you cry.

L. Joe glared at him. “Who are you to tell me those words?” He asked, his emotions filling in. “Do you know what happened between us?” He challenged.

Ricky glared back. “I don’t. But I know your irrationality and stupidity prevailed.” He replied. “Damn. I wish noona didn’t break up with Jongup hyung before.” He snapped.

L. Joe scoffed, nodding. “Jongup. That’s right. Go to your Jongup hyung!” He roared at the visual maknae which the maknae gladly accepted.

Ricky walked away.

L. Joe glared at him. Damn, Ricky for saying the prohibited word today.

L. Joe is mad at Jongup. Why did he have to appear into their lives again? He was contented with just him and Hana. Why did Jongup go back?

If only L. Joe knew. If only he believed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You were staring at a blank space at the baseball field. You were alone in the bleachers and you are looking at the Seniors practicing baseball. You were glad L. Joe wasn’t there.

Perhaps, a vast space makes you really comfortable because you seem to let the negative things out of your circulation. You seem to think that you inhale good air and it helps you lessen the stress you feel.

But then again, when you thought of the things that happened, you couldn’t help but cry. NO matter how hard you try not to.

“Here.” A hand suddenly appeared in your face giving you handkerchief.

You looked at the person who is giving it to you. You smiled. “Thanks, Jongup.” You replied as you gladly took it.

Jongup sighed and smiled. “So… did I hear it right?” He asked you.

You nodded. You know what he is talking about.

Jongup nodded. “I guess, even the best fall down sometimes.” He said as he looked at the baseball field.

“Not all all-star teams win in a championship, Hana.” He started. “Sometimes, the skill doesn’t define what a player is. No matter how efficient a player is, if there is no chemistry and proper communication between the players, the team still loses. Because a team is not just a player, it is the whole bunch of people included in that darn game.” He continued. You looked at him. You seem to understand where this conversation is going to.

“Just like in relationships. You wouldn’t call it a relationship without a girl and a boy having mutual feelings for each other.” He paused as he looked at you. “You wouldn’t save it by ending it without the right communication either.” He added.

You nodded. Perhaps he is right.

Why does Jongup say the right things at the right time?

You looked at him with sad eyes. “I don’t know what to do.” You said. “I don’t know what is happening to us already.” You said as your eyes start to be filled with tears again.

“I don’t know how we ended up like this. No trust. No communication. No understanding.” You added. “I feel like I don’t know anything about us anymore. I feel like I don’t know him anymore at all.” You sobbed.

Jongup looked at you and patted your shoulder. He still couldn’t bear looking at you crying. He still has the hots for you. He still cares for you like he did before. He still loves you.

I guess, that would never change.

“What do I have to do when I can’t understand anything all? I was left with no choice. No choice but to break up with him.” You reasoned out wiping your tears.

Jongup sighed. He couldn’t let this happen to you. You looked so vulnerable and weak. You are not you anymore.

“Maybe you could talk?” He suggested. “Maybe you have to sort things out?” He added.

You looked at him. “He doesn’t want to. I am sure of it.” You replied.

He looked at you with pitiful eyes. “You have to stop playing a selfish martyr game, Hana.” He said. “You are in no decision to decide for your relationship. You have to decide together.” He added.

You looked at him, taking all in. “He wanted this.” You replied even though you are unsure of it.

Jongup gave you a look. “You don’t know that.” He blurted.

You looked at him, questioning.

“Because you said you don’t know anything.” He finished. “You have to know everything first before deciding. Love is not just a practice game that you can lose. Love is always a championship game. You have to give your all. You have to give your best shot from the beginning.” He uttered.

You looked at him.

Perhaps, Jongup is right. He knows everything very well.

And he definitely made you decide your next step.

“Thanks.” You said and smiled.

He nodded. “It’s fine. No problem.” He smiled back. “Like I said, I will always be here.” He replied. *Loving you and not letting you be hurt.* He added in his thoughts.