Last Guy In Her Life

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

L. Joe can’t stop grunting when he was with you the next day. It is a Saturday and he visited you at home because the two of you will study.

“Why are you so grumpy today?” You asked him as you scanned your notes.

Preliminary Exams are coming up and you both have to study. Or maybe just L. Joe, since you can ace any exam without even reviewing.

He sighed and looked at you. “I missed you.” He said sweetly.

You looked at him with narrowed eyes. “What is wrong with you? Something happened?” You asked. You have known him all your life and you know if something I wrong.

He sighed and threw his book on the table. He is reviewing Woohyun’s subject: Economics.

He looked at you and sighed again. “You know, Luna is a cheer dancer.” He said. “She kept on bothering me yesterday. She even asked me to walk her home. Are you serious about her? She is so clingy!” He narrated and whined and complained all at the same time.

You chuckled at him. “Don’t you like it? She is opening up bit by bit.”You replied unaffected.

L. Joe looked at you in disbelief. “Why are you not jealous even a bit?” He asked you.

You looked at him and smiled. “Well, do I need to be jealous of Luna? And besides, she is our friend. You should be treating her well also.” You replied.

 L. Joe rolled his eyes. *Friend my . She is a creeper.* HE thought as he looked at you.

You smiled at him and gave him a sweet smile. “You should treat her well, okay?” you asked him, more like a request.

L. Joe sighed and looked at you. “Why are you so kind to her? Aren’t you crept out?” He asked you.

You shook your head. “Why would I be crept out? She is kind.” You replied.

He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

You furrowed your brows on him. “Can you please act kind for once?” You asked. “At least once to Luna.” You added.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. “Okay. Okay. I’ll try to be kind to her.” He said in defeat. He really couldn’t say no to you. Not when you are starting to get pissed.

After all, he doesn’t want to fight with you.

“How is the practice anyway?” You asked him about baseball this time.

L. Joe smiled. “Well, I was too awesome.”He beamed. You narrowed your eyes on him because of his cockiness once more. He chuckled. “It was good. The guys were nice and were awed at my abilities.” He said. “Honest.” He added.

You rolled your eyes. “You are getting conceited again.” You snapped.

He chuckled. “No. I was awesome. Ask the captain if you want.” He replied.

You scoffed at him. “Yeah yeah. Mr. Baseball superstar.” You replied nonchalantly.

He chuckled. “Of course I want you to be proud of me and brag about me in front of everyone!” He beamed.

You smiled and shove the book back into his hands. “That’s great, puppy. Now try to exercise your mind.” You beamed at him.

L. Joe looked at you in disbelief. “I can’t believe you still call me ‘puppy’.” He mumbled as he opened his book at a random page and randomly read it.

You chuckled and scanned your notes as well.

You two were interrupted when Sungjae came running down the stairs.

You and L. Joe blinked at your brother as he plopped himself at the couch and opened the TV furiously flipping channels.

You narrowed your eyes on him. “What is wrong, Sungjae?” You asked him.

Sungjae glanced at you for about 0.123 seconds, then, looked at the TV again, totally ignoring your question.

You scoffed at him and looked at the TV as well.

“Basket counts for Dwayne Wade! This game has turned to be a Miami Heat Big Three Show!” The announcer scowled at the TV.

You looked at Sungjae and he was beaming with delight and happiness.

“Yeah! That is what I am talking about, Heat! Burn those damn Spurs!!!!” Sungjae scowled at the TV with his fist pumping up and down.

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. “Childish.” You muttered as you looked at L. Joe only to see him into the game as well.

You sighed and shook your head again. “You two really.” You shot as you walked to the kitchen and you saw your dad talking to your mom.

Your dad smiled at you. “Oh, what are you doing here? I thought you are studying with Byunghun?” he asked you.

You sighed and rolled your eyes. “Not anymore.” You said. “Sungjae came running down and opened the TV to NBA and now they are so into the NBA game.” You explained.

L’s face brightened upon hearing the word NBA. “Really?” He asked excitedly. You nodded and looked at him weirdly. “Oh yeah! Have to watch Spurs. Sungyeol will buy me a Rolex watch!” he beamed as he ran to the living room.

You were shocked to see your dad run like a kid to the living room. You looked at your mom who is chuckling in her place.

“Aigoo. Your dad still thinks he is young.” Your mom cooed as he chuckled.

You sighed and nodded in agreement. “Won’t his bones break? I mean he is old and he runs like a kid.” You snapped, making your mom laugh louder.

“You’re a silly girl. If he hears that he would ground you for a week.” Your mom teased.

You smiled and opened the refrigerator and brought out the cake L. Joe gave you earlier. Oh yeah. L. Joe doesn’t come to your house empty – handed. He would always bring flowers or foods (you prefer foods though) for you and your family.

And Sungjae loved this trait of L. Joe. (You all know how much of glutton he is.)

 Your mom smiled at you. “Byunghun is taking care of you well, huh?” She teased you.

You smiled and nodded. “Yeah, mom. Although I think he is really childish at times.” You corrected.

She chuckled. “But I am happy that you two are together. I can’t even believe you would last this long.” She beamed.

You chuckled. “Me too, Mom. I didn’t believe it.” You replied, laughing with your mom.

Yeah, you missed this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“So, I heard you have tried out for your school’s baseball team?” L asked L. Joe as they watched NBA.

L. Joe nodded. “Yes, uncle. I tried out yesterday.” He replied politely.

Sungjae looked at L. Joe. “Wow hyung! You already got in, right? Probably made a homerun again for the first bat.” He beamed.

L. Joe chuckled. But he didn’t answer him. He doesn’t want to appear conceited in front of your dad and your brother.

L chuckled. “You don’t know how Hana has been bragging that you are the baseball player around the world.” He said.

L. Joe looked at L. “She said that? I don’t know. But she doesn’t even watch me play, uncle.” He replied shocked about that revelation.  Well, shocked and overwhelmed. He never thought that you will brag about him in front of your family, you know.

Sungjae nodded enthusiastically. “You know. Noona’s like bragging like she is the one who is so good in baseball and all sorts of sports.” He beamed.

L. Joe chuckled. “But your noona is really intelligent and good in everything too.” He praised you instead.

L smiled at L. Joe. Hell and heaven know how happy he is that L. Joe is your boyfriend. He can see that he loves you so much and how he tries his very hard to protect you and make you happy. He always thinks that he was never wrong in liking this small man to be your guy.

L looked at L. Joe. “I hope you two will be forever. I can’t even imagine how I would feel if you still are not the guy for her.” He said in all honesty.

L. Joe smiled. “I promise you, Uncle. I will see to it that I am the last guy in her life.” He swore making Sungjae an L smile at him.

*I wish so too, hyung.* Sungjae thought.