Blood is Thicker than Water

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

“Let’s break up.”

L. Joe looked at you. “What?” He asked in disbelief.

You raised your brow, trying so hard to not let tears fall. You are trying so hard to not look weak in front of him and of Luna. No. Luna can’t see you cry.

You are Kim Hana.

You are cool.

You can’t cry. Not in front of L. Joe. And definitely not in front of Luna.

“Well I said it.” You replied as cool as you can. “Let’s just break up.” You continued. “You don’t trust me, so, what is this relationship about?” You added to ask.

L. Joe’s jaw dropped in disbelief. He wasn’t expecting you to be like this. Although, he knows that breaking up would really be an option. He looked at you with pained expression.

You looked back at him and you know what he is feeling right now.

“Don’t look at me like that, L. Joe. You started this.” You coldly said.

He narrowed his eyes on you. But still didn’t say a thing.

You sighed and nodded. “Bye. I wish to never see you again.” You said as you hurriedly walked out because the tears might just fall down any moment.

Everything is killing you. Everything is making you insane.

Right now, everything is painful.

You have never expected him to be like this. You never knew he could turn into like this.

You always thought he would be your best friend, who would always be there for you to cheer you up; your boyfriend, who would always be there to assure you that he loves you to the moon and back; your brother, who would always believe in you because blood is thicker than water. But no.

He wasn’t.

He was just like any other boyfriend that you have watched in some dramas who would always be doubtful about their girls.

Doesn’t he know you so well?

Does he think after all that you both have went through, you would do such thing to betray your relationship?

Does he think you went through all those heart aches in high school just to ruin it like this and get back to the past?

What was he thinking?

Or was he even thinking at all?

You sighed hard as you fought the tears back.

You badly wanted to turn around because you expect him to be running to you telling you that he was just making fun of you. But no, you couldn’t.

You were afraid he wouldn’t be there.

You pushed the door and slammed it shut then you ran to your room.

Sungjae and the rest of his friends looked at you with wide eyes. They are all shocked at you. It was their first time to see you like this.

Sungjae narrowed his eyes at your running figure up the stairs and stood up. He looked at his friends. “I wonder what happened.” He said. “I am going to find out.” He added.

His friends nodded as they equally worried for you as well.

You are a dear noona to them now and they care for you as much as Sungjae does.

Sungjae walked to your room after taking the spare key and knocked.

“Noona?” He asked.

But you didn’t respond. You cared less enough to answer him. You are crying your heart out.

Sungjae got even more worried and knocked some more. “Noona?” He asked louder.

“Hana noona?” He asked again but you never did respond. “Noona, I am coming in.” He said as he twisted the door knob open.

He was shocked to see you sitting on the floor facing the window with your back leaning on the side of the bed. It was terrifying because you looked really sad.

This is the first time he saw you like this.

He ran to you. “Noona!” He went beside you.

You looked at him with your eyes surrounded by tears.

He softened. “What happened?” He asked.

The tears started to fall again. But actually, they never stopped falling. You were trying so hard to stop them from falling but they just won’t stop.

The tears are out of your mind’s control because your heart is aching really badly you don’t even think you can handle it.

Sungjae gulped seeing his only sister breaking like this. He doesn’t even know what it is about but he knows that it pains you well that it hardens you so bad.

He reached his hand out and pulled you into his arms.

That’s when you started to cry the hardest.

Sungjae could feel everything you are feeling. He could feel all the pain, hurt and sadness. Those feelings are just too much that every feeling radiates out.

“We broke up.” You croaked.

Sungjae was shocked to hear this from you. He was the one who was telling you that L. Joe loves you to death and now, what?!

Did he just hear from you that you broke up?

But as much as he wanted to react, he knows that he is in no position to question any decision about your relationship.

“I broke up with him.” You started as you talked in between sobs. “I never thought he would doubt me. He didn’t believe in me.” You cried harder as you remembered what happened.

That guy. That L. Joe guy didn’t even listen to you.

How could he do that?

How could he believe a picture that was taken months ago?

How could he possibly believe so easily?

“I tried to explain. I tried to tell him the truth.” You continued while sobbing. “But he didn’t believe in me. He said I was making excuses.” You cried.

Sungjae sighed as he stokes your hair and back trying his best to provide you comfort and security.

“He didn’t even listen to me. He didn’t even believe in any word I said.” You continued crying out loud. “I can’t… I can’t take it anymore.” You paused as you gulped. “So, I broke up with him.” You finished.

Sungjae just nodded and tried everything he can to coax you.

He hates that you are like this now. He hates that you are hurting.

Of course as a brother, even if you are fighting often times, he would always take your side. He would still protect you from anyone.

Because like I said, Blood is Thicker Than Water.

“What the hell did I do wrong? Where did I lack? I tried my best to give him the best of me. I tried my best to love him as much as the distance between heaven and earth. And what now?” you asked in frustration.

You are in mixed emotions.

Sungjae never said as word. He wanted you to say it all out without pressure and voluntarily. He wanted you to be let it all out.

All those feelings that you are feeling. All the hurt, the pain, the sadness, the sorrow and even the hate.

He just wanted you to let it all out and make you breathe properly.

You hugged him tight. Perhaps now, Sungjae is the only person you can turn to.

This is the time you really felt alone. You felt like you don’t have someone to tell your heartaches to. You don’t have any other person than L. Joe.

He was your best friend.

He was your boyfriend.

He was the closest non-blood-related person in your life.

And that made you even sadder.

You felt really alone.

Without Sungjae with you now, how could you even handle everything?

How could you handle this burden?

How could you control all these negative emotions in you?

“I am here, noona. You can cry your heart out. I will listen to you.” He finally spoke.

You smiled.

At least you have a brother.

At least you have Sungjae.

“I will always stand by your side noona. No matter what happens.” He promised. 

 

 

 

 

 

==========================

Sorry, HanJoe shippers. I have to do this. Don't hate me. Hehee. Peace! ^^V

 

Check out my new fic! "The Legal Wife" if you have time. ^^

It stars Kris of EXO - M. ♥