Her Birthday

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

“So, class, in music, what is more important, the lyrics or the melody?” Your professor asked you all. She is talking about the message of the songs.

“Ma’am! I think it’s the lyrics.” One of your blockmates mused.

Your professor looked at her. “Why is it Ms. Lee?” She asked.

Lee Juniel stood up. “Because the lyrics tell you the meaning of the song. Without the lyrics, no one would know what the song is talking about.” She explained.

Your professor nodded. Perhaps, she’s right. The lyrics of the song is important. It tells the listeners what the song is about.

“Do I have another idea?” Your prof asked.

You raised your hand.

“Yes, Ms. Kim.” She told you.

You smiled and stood up. “I think the melody is more important, Seongsaengnim.” You replied.

Your professor nodded. “Why do you say so, Ms. Kim?” She asked.

“Because a song is a song because of its melody. Without its melody, it is not called a song.” You replied. “The lyrics may tell the meaning of the song directly but still, the melody can tell you its message too. The tempo says so. Slow means sad, fast and upbeat means happy and there are some gloomy and dark themes too.” You explained. “So I think, the melody is more important. And perhaps…” You paused. “You may take the lyrics and still call it a song. But take the melody and call it a poem.” You added.

Your professor smiled at your point. Your classmates even clapped their hands on you.

“That is a very good point you have there, Ms. Kim.” Your professor told you as you sat down.

You smiled and bowed at her. “Thank you, Ma’am.” You replied.

Your professor smiled. “The way Ms. Kim answered is the way you all should think, Class. Logical. Deep. Sensical.” She enumerated. “I hope you would all develop that kind of thinking skill.” She said. “Alright. See you next meeting.” She said as she dismissed the class.

Chunji looked at you while you were preparing for your things. “That was one great answer, Hana.” He teased you.

You shook your head and smiled. “That is the way she wants you all to think, Lee Chanhee.” You beamed.

Chunji smiled. “Logical. Deep. Sensical.” He continued.

You chuckled and slapped his arm. “You don’t know that, Chunji.” You said as you walked out of the room.

Chunji smiled and followed you. “You don’t know my capabilities well, Kim Hana.” He said.

You scoffed. “Like what?” You asked. “Sulk around the corner?” You teased.

Chunji rolled his eyes. “What sulk are you talking about? I was preparing that time!” He defended himself.

What you are talking about is when he was chosen to sing in front of the whole campus in High School and he couldn’t even move due to his nervousness.

“HAHAHAHA! Yeah funny.” You laughed at him.

“Not funny at all!” He beamed back.

“Pffft. Yeah right, Lee Chanhee!!” You replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You and Chunji walked to the cafeteria and saw the rest of the Teen Top and Luna in the table already. You were a bit taken a back when you saw Luna talking to L. Joe and L. Joe responding to her.

Yes you were taken aback.

But no, you weren’t jealous anymore.

You told yourself to stop getting paranoid over Luna.

L. Joe loves you and he will choose you no matter what.

That is how it is.

That is how it is supposed to be.

You walked there smiling at all of them.

L. Joe saw you and immediately ran to you and wrapped his arm around your waist.

“How is your day, Hana?” He asked you.

You smiled at him. “Fine.” You replied. “How about you?” You asked.

L. Joe smiled back. He is happy to see you smiling at him. “Perfect now that I see you.” He said in a mushy way again.

You just smiled and shook your head as the both of you walked to the table. You looked at Luna and smiled at her. “Hi, Luna.” You greeted her.

She smiled back at you and greeted back.

“Oh!” Luna said, making all of you look at her.

“My birthday is coming. I hope you could all come to my party.” She said as she handed out invitations already.

You each took one and read through.

“Wow! Noona this is big!” Ricky said with wide eyes.

Luna grinned. “Not as big as Paris Hilton’s though.” She tried to joke around.

Changjo smiled. “But still, it is a big celebration, noona!” He beamed.

Luna smiled at the maknaes. “Anyways, I wish you could all come.” She beamed.

“We will!” Teen Top (except Chunji and L. Joe) beamed happily.

Luna chuckled. “I would be so happy to see all of you there. You are my only friends in college and you are all special to me.” She ranted.

You looked at her and smiled. “We will come, Luna. Don’t you worry.” You replied.

Luna smiled at you and nodded. “Thank you, Hana.” She replied.

“No problem.” You said.