It's hard.

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

You knocked on the faculty room and a professor smiled at you. You bowed at her. “Do you know where Mr. Nam’s desk is, Ma’am?” You asked politely.

She nodded. “Yeah. There.” She replied pointing to the second to the last desk.

You smiled and bowed at her. “Thanks, Ma’am.” You said as you walked towards Woohyun’s desk.

Woohyun was listening to music when you came.

“Daebu.” You said as you sat on the empty chair beside him leaning on the table with your right cheek resting on your right palm.

Woohyun looked at you and couldn’t hide his surprise to see you here.

“Wow. What a surprise to see you here, Hana.” He said with his smiling face.

You sighed and rested you forehead on the desk. “Daebu!!!!” You cried and whined.

He looked at you surprised with your actions. “Why? What’s the problem?” He asked you as he turned the music he was listening to off.

You sighed and looked at him with your hopeless look. “How could you take a necklace from the owner if the necklace is hanged on the owner?” You asked all of a sudden.

Woohyun gave you a look. “What do you mean?” He asked.

You shrugged. “I don’t know, Daebu. I don’t know why I am feeling like this but I am feeling so suspicious about everything.” You replied.

Woohyun leaned in to listen more. “What is this about? You and L. Joe?” He asked.

You nodded lazily. “I know I shouldn’t be like this but I just can’t help it.” You spat. “Why do I feel like someone is going to take him away from me?” You asked.

Woohyun looked at you with wide eyes. “Wow. That’s new. You weren’t this obsessed to your boyfriend before.” He said as he gave you a stern look.

You looked back at his eyes. “Daebu, I know what I am feeling now is irrational but I can’t help it. I am thinking that he has another girl or anything.” You released.

He looked at you. “Lee Byughun? Another girl?” He asked. “That’s pretty impossible to me.” He told you.

You looked at him. “What do you mean?” You asked.

Woohyun chuckled. “I can see that he loves you so much. Why would he look for another girl? And perhaps, you are pretty something, princess. Don’t get insecure. His fan girls are nothing compared to you.” He said trying to make you feel better.

You rolled your eyes. “That is not what I want to hear now, Daebu. This isn’t about fan girls now. And I don’t mind about how many fan girls are so in love with him. That is some kind of the past. This is something I am alarmed off.” You said as you revealed the necklace.

Woohyun’s brow raised. “What is that?” He asked.

You looked at him. “This is L. Joe’s necklace. He always wears this.” You said. “But this morning, Chunji gave this to me telling me that Luna gave this to him.” You explained. “And L. Joe doesn’t even talk to Luna. That is somewhat impossible to happen. He would never get near Luna. But why did Luna have this necklace?” You asked Woohyun. “He doesn’t even remove this even when he sleeps.” You added.

Woohyun looked at you and on the necklace. “Maybe L. Joe left that somewhere.” He predicted.

You gave a look. “HE doesn’t remove it, Daebu.” You said.

Woohyun sighed. “Maybe he did this time, right?” He replied.

You rolled your eyes. “Aren’t there other ways that could possibly happen?” You asked.

Woohyun thought for a moment. “Well, there are. Maybe L. Joe asked Luna to hold it for him. Maybe Luna happened to see it and return it back. Or…” He paused. “Maybe Luna hugged L. Joe and took it off from him.” He said. “That would only happen if Luna is the bad girl.” He said.

You froze in your spot. All of a sudden, all of Sungjae’s words are all coming back to you. All of sudden you are so close to believing in everything he says. You know that Sungjae isn’t a liar anyways. And why would he lie about something like that to you?

Woohyun saw you thinking deeply in your spot. “Why? What’s wrong?” he asked you.

You shook your head. “Nothing, Daebu.” You replied and thought about it again. You looked at him. “But Sungjae told me things about Luna.” You confessed.

Woohyun looked at you. “What did he say about Luna?” He asked.

You sighed. “Bad things, in fact.” You said. “He knows Luna because they were in the same high school. I don’t want to believe it but he seems to be so serious about it.” You added.

Woohyun gave you a stern look. “So, what can you say about her now? Does she match the bad things Sungjae told you?” He asked.

You sighed and shrugged. “I don’t know, Daebu. But I guess I can’t just set what Sungjae told me aside.” You replied.

Woohyun nodded. “You shouldn’t. Your brother doesn’t lie.” He said. “He must have really known her that much to say bad things about her.” He added.

You sighed and nodded. “I know. That’s why I don’t know what to believe.” You replied.

Woohyun sighed with you. “Just believe your instincts, Hana. And trust L. Joe in this.” He advised you.

You sighed and nodded. “I’ll try. But I still don’t want to talk to him today.” You replied.

Woohyun chuckled.

You looked at him and glared. “Why are you chuckling?” you asked.

He shook his head. “It’s just that you are turning into a real girlfriend now, Kim Hana.” He said.

You narrowed your eyes on him. “You might think I don’t actually care about my relationship with that puppy, Daebu, but trust me, he is important to me.” You replied pouting.

He smiled and patted your head. “I know that, princess. That is why you were so problematic when you were in high school right? I know everything about you and L. Joe. Eunjae tells me.” He said.

You sighed and nodded. “But thanks for the advice, Daebu. I think I will think more this time.” You smiled.

He nodded. “That’s right, Princess. Smile.” He told you. “Or else, Sungjong will kill whoever makes you upset.” He continued.

You chuckled. “I know.” You said. “So don’t make me upset, Daebu. He will kill you.” You threatened him.

Woohyun chuckled. “Please. He couldn’t kill me. He fears me.” He told you confidently.

You nodded and clicked stop on the recorder. “Not when he hears you.” You said as you sent the recording to Sungjong. You smiled. “See you around, Daebu.” You said as you went out of the faculty room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

L. Joe was tapping his feet on the hallway near your classroom. “Why is their professor making so much of assignments? Can’t she just dismiss them already?” He asked in frustration as he waited for you.

You on the other hand were fixing your things to go home. It was a tiring day. The necklace thing is still in your mind but you weren’t so shaken about it.

“Bye, Chunji. I’ll walk ahead.” You said as you slung your bag.

Chunji looked at you and nodded. “Okay. I still have to go to the company to rehearse.” He said. “Take care, Hana.” He waved.

You nodded and smiled. “You too! And do great!” You beamed as you walked to the corridor. You don’t know that L. Joe is waiting for you because you thought he has baseball training today.

So, you were so shocked when you saw him leaning on the wall in the corridor. You don’t plan on talking to him now. So, you just walked past him.

L. Joe looked at you in disbelief and he ran after you. “Hey.” He told you as long as he had caught up already.

You ignored him and walked faster.

L. Joe sighed and ran and caught up to you again. “Hey, is there a matter?” He asked you as he reached for your hand.

You ignored him and walked again but this time, he held onto you and made you face him. “Yah!” He yelled at you.

You looked at him with that mad face of yours. “What?” You asked.

He gave you a stern look. “Why are you ignoring me? What are you doing?” He asked you in a calmer voice.

You rolled your eyes and shook your head. “Nothing. I’m just tired. Let me just go home and rest, okay?” You said as you turned to go again.

L. Joe looked at you in disbelief. He shut his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose before running after you again.

“Hana! Yah! Kim Hana!” He called you.

You ignored and walked faster.

He held your wrist and made you face him as he snuggled you into a hug. “Forgive me, eo?” He asked. “I don’t know what I did but please? Don’t do this to me. No cold treatment, Hana. Just tell me what I did or just yell at me. It’s fine with me.” He said as he buried his face on your shoulder.

You sighed and softened again. This side of L. Joe. You just couldn’t help but put your guards off when he becomes like this.

He caressed your back and hugged you tighter. “I missed you. So much!” He told you.

You sighed and shut your eyes.

And all of a sudden, all the doubts disappeared. How can you doubt when he shows you that you are the only one in his heart?

It’s hard. It’s really hard.