Us

Heart & Key: The Sequel

 

It has been a while since you and L. Joe started dating. Yes, after all the chase and jealousy and heart ache that both of you had experienced, you ended up being together on that one fine day in front of all the beautiful flowers and that white horse you don’t want to ride.

It was epic.

How L. Joe proposed to you, it was really sweet. You have never thought it would be sweeter than that first kiss in the rain.

Well, the kiss in the rain was your dream. But that proposal is something you always dream about after he did that. See? You could not forget about it that you even dream about it at night. Even now that you are dating for months already.

Like I said, it was epic.

Since then, L. Joe had been sweet – even sweeter with each passing day. He had been thinking about you 24/7 without a second off you. He wanted to see your face every second of his life even if he has been seeing that face for over 10 years now.

Damn. That was how he loved you. He loved you so much that he had become the mushy one. He would throw cheesy lines every time that would eventually make you blush. The blushing part was automatic though. Who wouldn’t when your boyfriend gives you a line like,

“You may be only one person in the world, but to me you are the only one.”

Sure it was corny but nah, since it came from L. Joe, The Dwarfie Joe, The Puppy, The Baseball Superstar, The Best Friend and The Boyfriend, your cheeks will automatically burn – yes, BURN!

Then he comes with this heart and key thingy – the necklace you were both wearing. He would suddenly say, “My heart, can I be the key?”

You would narrow your eyes on him and answer him, “What the hell was that, Puppy!?” but yeah, you are giddy deep inside. Not to mention the pink tints in your face you are trying to hide.

Truly, being in love is one great thing, but being in love with your best friend is the best thing knowing that he feels the same.

A best friend knows pretty much everything about you. You wouldn’t have to say you are pissed in order for him to notice that you are pissed. You wouldn’t have to tell him you are sad, he sees it before anyone else sees.

And yes, that’ not just one thing. That’s pretty much everything.

Who cares about some model – like dancing guy when you have this handsome best friend who turned out to be a boyfriend?

Best Friend + Boyfriend/Girlfriend = JJANG!

And yes, speaking of best friend, you and L. Joe are going out on a date today. Well, everyday was a date for you because he always calls you out. Yes, everyday of those 6 months you are dating.

You walked down the stairs and saw your handsome best friend playing Wii with your brother. You saw how they are so engrossed with the game, so you coughed for them to notice you.

L. Joe eventually lost just hearing your cough. But who cares?

He ran to you and hugged you tight. “Where were you last night?” He asked all of a sudden.

You and Sungjae looked at him with questioning faces. “What are you talking about? I was home!” You retorted. Sungjae nodded in agreement.

L. Joe looked at you confused. “Because you weren’t in my dreams.” He said as he hugged you again.

You just shook your head in disbelief and hugged him back blushing.

This guy and his mushy lines again.

Sungjae shook his head on the two of you and just continued playing by himself. *These two. It is early and so mushy.* He thought as he pretended to puke.

“We’ll be going, Sungjae.” You said as you and L. Joe walked out of the door.

L. Joe smiled at you and intertwined his fingers with yours. He looked down and smiled. “Wow. Perfect fit.” He said making you smile again.

You were walking hand in hand with people in the neighborhood staring at the both of you. All of them couldn’t believe that the two kids who were just running around the village years back are actually together now, bounded by love.

“The power of love.” One ahjumma said as she saw you and L. Joe.

You smiled and her and bowed. L. Joe just smiled shyly.

The ahjumma pinked at the two of you. “Aigoo. Perfect match.” She beamed making L. Joe smile more.

“Thank you, ahjumma.” He replied as he held your hand tighter making you more embarrassed, which means making you blush more.

L. Joe chuckled as he looked at you reddening at the ahjumma’s remark. He pinched your cheek.

“Owwww!” You frowned at him. “It hurts, you puppy!” You added as you massaged your cheek.

L. Joe just laughed and kissed the red cheek. “You look so cute, Baby. I love it when you blush.” He said making you blush more.

And yes, you blushed more as you walked through the streets.

“Woah! Let’s go there?” You asked him as you pointed a shop of couple things.

L. Joe looked at you. “Couples’ shop?” He asked you in disbelief.

You nodded.

L. Joe looked like he doesn’t want to go there.

You shot him a look. “Why? You don’t want to go there?” You asked with a different tone.

L. Joe sensed that you are getting pissed and smiled. “Of course, I want to! Come on! Let’s go to that couples’ shop!” He said as he half-heartedly led you to the shop.

You just grinned. You knew he couldn’t say a word against you.

So there, L. Joe watched you as you shop for the two of you. You looked into couple shirts, rings, bracelets, towels, hankies, cellphone cases, earphones, bags and all.

L. Joe just shook his head as you happily grabbed random things to the counter. He couldn’t believe you’ll turn out to be like this for love. But yeah he smiled. You love him, he knows that.

“L. Joe?” A voice called.

L. Joe looked at the direction of the voice and smiled. “Oh, Naeun!” He greeted.

Naeun smiled and nodded. “What are you doing here?” She asked sheepishly.

L. Joe smiled and looked at you paying the things you bought at the counter making Naeun smile. At least she knows that you and L. Joe are real. And the sacrifice she made was not put into waste.

You hurried to L. Joe with all the stuffs you have. L. Joe immediately took the bags from you.

“Oh! Naeun! Long time no see!” You greeted as you hugged her.

Naeun smiled. “Me too! I miss you, Hana!” She beamed.

You smiled and nodded. “Me too!” You retorted. “So, where are you going for college?” You asked.

“Pledis University. I will be taking up fashion.” Naeun replied. “You? I heard you two go to SM University?” She asked.

You nodded. “Yup. I am taking up Music and he’s taking up business.” You replied.

Naeun nodded. “I heard Teen Top is there as well?” She asked.

You nodded. “Well you can’t really separate the six of them.” You snickered making Naeun laugh in agreement.

“I know that.” She said as she looked at her watch. “Oh, I haven’t registered yet!” She beamed making you and L. Joe look at her in confusion.

Naeun chuckled. “I work here, part time.” She replied. “I’ll be going now. I’m late.” She said as waved goodbye and ran to the counter.

You just smiled at L. Joe. “She’s still beautiful huh?” You asked a bit teasing him.

L. Joe nodded. “Yeah.” He replied. Surely, Naeun is pretty that’s why L. Joe was so attracted to her for how many years. Then he looked at you. “But you are prettier.” He assured as he held your hand.

You rolled your eyes.

He sure is mushy sometimes. Or most of the time?

“Come on, I want to eat ice cream.” He said leading you out of the shop.

You looked around and saw the ice cream that you eat since you were kids. Memories. You smiled at the thought of you and L. Joe running around with that ice cream in your hands when you were still 5 years old.

The ice cream man was shocked to see the kids he adored before holding hands. “Wow! You are together?” He asked you.

L. Joe nodded and grinned.

The ice cream man smiled. “I knew you had it in you.” He said. “I have always thought you look cute together since you were kids.” He added.

“Really, Ahjushi?” L. Joe asked in full happiness. “Destiny I guess?” He said making you blush again. “The usual flavors, ahjushi.” L. Joe said ordering.

The ice cream man happily scooped your favorite ice cream. As L. Joe gave the bill, he just shook his head. “It’s free for the two of you.” He said. “It’s all on me since I like seeing you two together.” He smiled.

You and L. Joe smiled and bowed at him. “Thank you, Ahjushi!” You beamed.

“You’re welcome young lady.” He said as he turned to L. Joe. “Do not hurt her. She’s precious.” He advised.

L. Joe nodded and smiled. “I know, ahjushi. And perhaps, I wouldn’t want to hurt my heart.” He beamed making you blush for the nth time today.

The two of you went to sit at the park bench watching the kids playing and running from here to there.

You chuckled at the cute kids. “Wow! They look so cute!” You beamed making L. Joe chuckle with you. He wrapped his arm around you shoulder as he his mint ice cream.

“Babe,” He started. You looked at him. “How many kids do you want to have in the future?” He asked.

You looked at him and you narrowed your eyes. “Why are you asking?” You asked him back.

L. Joe shrugged. “So I could prepare myself too you know!” He replied automatically.

You rolled your eyes and watched the kids again. You smiled at how you love watching kids play. “But seriously, 2 may be enough.” She replied.

“JUST TWO!!!???” He asked loudly in disbelief. His ice cream almost fell on the ground.

You blinked at him. “Yeah. Why?” You asked.

L. Joe sighed. “I wanted to have kids as large as a baseball team.” He mumbled but you caught his words.

Your eyes widened. “LEE BYUNGHUN!!!!” You shouted at him making him laugh and hug you tight.

 

 

 

 

 

========================================

Looking cute, eh?

First chapter is up! Thanks for the subbies~ :">>>