Spell 9: The Rumors Part 2

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

MY POV:

It was early in the morning and Dara was peacfully sleeping in her bed. Ding dong ding dong, went the doorbell, but she didn't hear it. After repeatedly being rang, Dara finally woke up from the constant ringing.

"W-What's going on? Isn't anybody going to answer that?", Dara asked as she rubbed the sleep from the corner of her eyes.  She got out of her bed, put her slippers on then walked out of room.

DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG!

"ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALREADY! IS THAT REALLY NECESSARY?!", she screamed, getting annoyed. Dara opened the door and saw someone she would have never guessed would be on her front porch.

"J-Jun Hong? Why are you ringing my door bell like a crazy person?", Dara asked as she blinked her eyes a few times.

"Why are still wearing bunny pajamas at your age?", he asked, looking at Dara in her sleep wear.  

She looked down at her sleeping attire and her eyes grew wide in embarrassment "YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSE TO SEE THAT?!", she screamed as she tried to cover herself with her hands. Dara flew back upstairs and into her bedroom screaming at herself embarrassment.

"There's never a bored day when she's around", Jun Hong said to himself and entered her house. 

Fifteen minutes later Dara came back downstairs and saw that her door was shut. She looked around the living room to see if Jun Hong was sitting down, but didn't see anybody. "I guess he didn't come in. That's a good thing because I don't want him to mock me."

Dara went in the kitchen to find something to eat before she set off to school. A guest was sitting naturally in her kitchen. watching as she entered without noticing them. 

"I'll make some waffles for breakfast", Dara happily said.

"I already made a few for us and some bacon", her guest casually said.  

"Aww thanks", she ignorantly said. Dara got a plate and cup for herself. Her guest put the waffles on her plate while Dara poured herself some orange juice.

"It smells so goooood! I can't wait to eat!", she clapped like a seal waiting to get thrown a fish.

"Can you pass me the syrup?" 

"No problem", her guest said then passed her the syrup.

"Thank you Jun Hong."  

"Mhm."

Dara swirled some syrup on her waffles then picked up a fork. Before she could take a bite of her waffles she dropped her fork and stared at the person in front of her.

"Jun Hong?"  

"Yeah?"  

"Why are you in my kitchen?"  

"You left the door wide opened so I took it as a welcome."  

"Okay... Then why did you go through my cabinets and refrigerator?"  

"Because I felt hungry."  

"Oh... As long as you cleaned up I suppose."  

Dara picked up her fork and continued eating her food. While she was enjoying her food, Dara kept eyeing Jun Hong. He made her even more confused with his actions. To her it seemed like he really didn't care for people and does stuff only if it benefits him.

He could've made himself something to eat without thinking about her and there could have been dirty dishes everywhere. But Jun Hong didn't do that and it made Dara even more curious about him. After she finished eating, Dara made a few sandwiches for lunch along with some drinks, got her things and went to school with Jun Hong behind her.

"Why did you really come over Jun Hong?", Dara asked.  

"I guess you're not the ignorant after all. Today you are going to walk in through the front door."

Dara immediately stopped and faced him. "WHAT?! WHY WOULD I DO A CRAZY THING LIKE THAT?!"  

"Because you need to show them that you're not scared. So no more taking alternative routes to get to school."  

Dara put both of her index fingers on her cheeks and began to pout hoping that he would take pity on her. "But..."  

"That is disgusting so don't even try. Don't you understand that you are giving them what they want."

"What do you mean?"  

"The more you try to find hiding spaces the more they will go after you. All you're doing is feeding into them." Dara realized what Jun Hong was saying to her. She knew that it didn't matter where she run, it would only make the rumors worst.  

"If you are really smart it shouldn't matter what they say because you know the truth."

Jun Hong put his hands in his pockets and strolled passed Dara as she tried to figure out what she could do to protect herself. 

"Well I know that. The problem is that they don't know that because someone is feeding them lies. How am I suppose to make them believe me?" 

"Just take it one day at a time. For now you need to be brave enough to face all those people."

Dara didn't want to face all those staring eyes right now. She felt that may be she was going to freak out when all those questions started to hit her one by one. Dara watched as Jun Hong kept walking and decided to follow behind him. She thought about what he said about taking it a day at a time.

"Don't walk behind me stupid. Walk next to me so they don't think I'm shielding you again", Jun Hong said as he tried to get Dara from behind him. 

Dara then walked a little faster to get side by side with him. As they was getting closer to the school Dara took a glimpse at Jun Hong out the corner of her eye. Wow he is actually pretty tall! i mean I know he's tall, but for some reasn he seems...different. Why didn't I ever notice that before?, thought Dara.

"Do you like what you see?", said Jun Hong while smirking at the corner of his lips..

"You mean all those people waiting outside?" said Dara trying to play it off.

Jun Hong kept scanning the area thoroughly with eyes as if he was looking for something.

"What do I have to do?". asked Dara as she sighed.  

"Just watch me and you'll see. I promise."

Dara stared at him for a few seconds then smiled at him as an agreement. "Alright then."

The students outside of the school began to take notice at the sight before them. The crowd was beginning to become restless now seeing Dara walking with Jun Hong.

"I can't believe they're getting by us walking together. This is what your popularity brings Sandara", Jun Hong said as he was a little an awe at the size of the crowd.

Dara eyes was so fixated on the gang of people that she didn't hear every word he said. Jun Hong nudged Dara's arm to get her ready for what was about to happen.

"I-I'm ready", Dara bravely said and prepared herself mentally. 

As they were approaching the crowd someone in the background was watching them very closely with their hands in a tight fist.

 

Dara POV:

(random student 1)"Are they really going out with each other?"  

(random student 2)"Do you see that?!"  

(random student 3)"She just broke up Max and now she's all over Jun Hong?!"  

That was some of the things I heard as we were walking through the mayhem. Jun Hong didn't say anything but now and then he would give a look that would ease me. So many questions and rude things were being thrown at us. I couldn't get over the fact that all these people wanted to know every little bit of information about me. They didn't care when Max and I was still together because nothing bad happened between the both of us. But now that everything is unfolding right before my eyes these people want to be the first to see it. I'm sure if they knew about the thing that happened at the dance everything would have been worst then what it is now.

"Good morning Dara."

I looked into the swarm of people for the familar voice that always said good morning to me.

"I'm over here!"  

"Oh there you are! I couldn't see you with all these 'vultures' blocking my view", I said as Lisa came through the wild animals.  

"What are you doing? Aren't you afraid that everything is going to get worst by doing this?", a worried Lisa asked.  

"Well-"

"What would have been worst is her hiding from all these fake and phony people", Jun Hong bluntly said. 

Lisa looked immediately at Jun Hong who in return was glaring at her.

"I'm sorry, I was just wondering. That's all."  

"It's fine Lisa. At least you care about how I feel."  

"Yeah since no one else does."

I snapped my head towards Jun Hong and gave him the most powerful evil eye stare I could muster.

"You should stop that before you end up wearing glasses", he responded like my glare was a little fly he brushed off.  

"And you should watch your tone with people!"  

"Whatever."

Jun Hong walked ahead of me as I gave Lisa pleading eyes to ignore him.

"It's okay Dara. I'm amazed that he is actually talking to people."  

"Believe me when I say that he doesn't really treat me like a friend. See you in class."

I waved goodbye to Lisa as I tried to catch up with Jun Hong.

"Enjoyed your conversation with Lisa?"  

"It would have been better if you were a bit nicer to the girl."  

"Yeah whatever."  

"Will everything be okay now that I didn't hide?"  

"I wouldn't say that, but you won't be bothered as much."  

"Thank -"  

"Stop right there with all the thank you and sorry. I never met someone who can say that crap better than anyone else."

 "Well I'm going to say it anyway."  

I stepped a few inches away from Jun Hong reach before turning around.

"Thank you!" I hurried up and ran off to my class before he could say anything mean to me.

Today is the first day in a few days I feel kind of happy inside. The bell for class rang and I heard everyone in the hall scrambling to get to their class. Usually Jun Hong would be the first of many to come to class but today he was the last one to come in.  Mr. Kang came in greeting us and conducted class like usual.

My mind started to drift off a bit when I finally realized I didn't see Ailee or Hyorin earlier. I discreetly took out my cell phone and texted Ailee about their whereabouts. Luckily a few minutes later she texted me back saying she was getting over the stomach flu that Hyorin gave her. She said that they saw everything on their webpage and wanted to know the truth when they get back to school. I felt a smile slowing lifting on my face. I'm finally getting the chance to tell my side of the story which happens to be truth. I will not let anyone make a fool out of me by twisting the facts around.

The bell rang for the next period and everyone in the classroom moved accordingly. I decided to get up a little after Jun Hong got up from his seat and out of the class. When I got out of the classroom I felt eyes on me but they didn't try to come up to me. Walking down the hall by myself was strange since Jun Hong wasn't escorting me to my classes today. I guess this is one of the many steps of courage that I will be taken to defend myself. Throughout each class I did see some looks, mainly by the girls in my class, and now that I think of it they're all of Max's wanna be girlfriends since he first moved here. Some of them that never even went to school with him are his far away newbie fans.

(random student)"Psssssst Dara?"  

Is some other human being trying to contact me? Oh ghad... 

I looked to left of me and saw one of Max's fans that went to school with me since the beginning of freshman year. The girl that was trying to get my attention threw a piece of paper at my desk. I knew that it was going to be something I didn't want to see but I wanted to get it out the way before it's said in my face.

"Now no one is going to want to date a hore like you."   

I was so ready to feel offended by what was written on this letter but I was more offended at her spelling.

(Dara)"Psssssst..."

The girl and a few other girls who seem to be in it were giggling at me when they turned to me.

"The next time you send me a rude message make sure you know how to spell first. is not spelled with a h."

I crumpled up the paper and threw it at the girl's head. More happiness started to sprout with just the expression on her face. I'm starting to like this courage thing.

At last it was lunch time and the first place I was going to run to was the library. He may not want me to show up, but at this moment I feel comfortable with being with someone that acknowledges me as a normal person. I was trying to get to the library before him but I saw him entering so I stayed back a couple of seconds. I didn't want anyone else to think or say anything more. When I felt like I gave him a few seconds to settle down I started walking up to the library door.

 

Jun Hong POV:

I can't say that I really get bored living here. When you first look at this town you wouldn't think that anything can happen that will surprise you. I guess I was wrong. I went from being the new guy, to rescuing someone, to being thrown up on and now the hottest issue. Majority of this seems to be surrounded by this one girl in particular. Speaking of the jinx, here she comes with that smile plastered on her face. Too bad it won't be there by the end of the day.

"Jun Hong!", Dara came in like nothing could ever bother her, waving at me.  

"Can you be any discreet about it?"  

"Sorry... Are you surprise that I actually came?", she asked like I was suppose to compliment her or something. 

"Not really. I would be more surprised when you're not going to show up. When is that going to be? When your two friends finally comeback to school?"

Dara sat down next to me and started to take food out of a bag.

"Hyorin got Ailee sick so they couldn't make it yesterday and today. Bad news is that they found out what has been going on at school and Ailee will be demanding the truth", she informed me.  

"So the part where they are sick is a good thing?"  

"Somewhat because I didn't have to explain anything to them but now I feel like I have to tell them. I need to release all this built up anger and sadness and confusion that I'm going through."

I could understand why she would feel sadness but the anger and confusion actually surprises me. She doesn't look like the type that gets angry easily unless in a certain situation. So far she has a lot of anger to draw from now that all this crap is happening to her.

"Here you go."  

"What's this?"  

"It's a PB and J sandwich. I also brought along some chips for us to share and our own juices", Dara smiled like her and I were best friends or something.

Dara started looking around me like she was missing something or dropped something.

"What are you looking for?"  

"You didn't bring anything from the cafeteria?"  

"Of course I didn't. I saw you putting things in a bag before we left."  

"So you automatically assumed it was for you?"  

"Are you trying to say it's not for me? I had to endure you for this long so I think I deserve some type of payment."  

"So you wasn't helping me out the kindness of your heart?!"  

"I guess you learned part two of life. The harsh reality is that everything comes at some sort of price. Like the food you brought along with you."

Dara just stared at me an awe while trying to figure out what to say.

"You really are great at ruining the mood you know", she said with narrowing eyes. 

I snatched the sandwich out of her hand and started eating it before I told her how she ruined my moment a few days ago. We pretty much ate in silence which I don't mind but I can tell something is on her mind. It's botherin

Please log in to read the full chapter