Spell 8: Rumors

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

MY POV:

"Have you heard anything from one of them yet?", asked the young man holding a glass of white wine in his hand.  

"Not yet sir. I did hear a few days ago that they will be here soon to visit", replied his most obedient butler.

"Are they now? It has a been a while since I saw them. I hope they bring me some good news. I have already waited long enough and I will be so disappointed if something doesn't happen soon."  

"I understand sir."  

The young mysterious man was sitting on a navy blue plush chair that look like only royality themselves could sit in. After he took a sip of his white wine, he stood up and slowly strolled to his window.

"Have you heard anything from him?"  

"I'm sorry to say but no sir. No one has seen or heard from him the day he left that house four years ago."  

"That's a shame. We were finally going to meet face to face after all that time and he suddenly vanishes. I wonder what he looks like now that he's all grown up." 

It was gloomy outside, almost like the perfect weather for a funeral to happen. The young man gazed outside as he took another sip of his wine. Black crows began to flutter in the sky as small drops of rain began to fall on to the ground. 

"I'm starting to get bored with this waiting game. If I don't get any imformation soon I will have to do it myself." The young man suddenly turns around and splashes the white wine on his butler's face, unapologetic.

"Clean this mess up at once", he coldly said then left his study. 

"Yes sir."

 

Dara POV:

I honestly don't feel like getting up this morning for school. My head hurts so much that I can barely open my eyes for some reason. My head feels like a brick was dropped from the highest building in the world and hit the top of my dome. May be it's from crying so much yesterday after Max hung up the phone. Now I know that we are really over and there is no way of ever getting back together. I don't understand why he would called me saying those ridiculous things. I don't have a boyfriend and I'm not looking for one at the moment. I need time to myself and time to get rid of this pounding headache.

"I'm sure one of my parents have some aspirins in the medicine cabinet", I said to myself as I tried to get myself out of bed.

I'm actually scared that I might break down in the middle of class or something. I think I should tell Ailee and Hyorin before it's too late. How can I manage to hold my feelings in now that I know there will never be a chance with Max again? I'm starting to feel like crap again just thinking about it.

I finally got out of bed and into my parents bathroom. I noticed that neither one of them was downstairs which I was glad. I can't deal with them looking at me like some sad puppy. "All I need is two of these and some water", I said as I took two pills from the bottle. Hopefully in a half an hour I'll be okay."

I looked up at the bathroom mirror and I couldn't believe what I saw. I could barely recognize me with the dark circles around my eyes and my hair was everywhere it wasn't suppose to be. I look like a homeless mess. 

"I need to take a shower before I go anywhere. I couldn't bare it if anyone saw me looking like- like this." I immediately walked about of my parent's bedroom and went straight to the shower. No hestiation. After I got out of the shower, I went to my room and tried my best to look presentable for school. 

"What happened yesterday? I don't remember anything after the phone call. So how did I get back to my room without any memory of it? I don't remember Mom and Dad coming back home either." I tried really hard to think back after the phone hung up and my heart bashed heart, but nothing. Was I that mentally gone?

I walked out of my room and down the stairs in search of my parents. The moment I reached the living room a heavenly smell took a hold of me and to it's birth place. The kitchen.

"You are finally out of bed. I thought you wasn't going to get up for school", said my mom who looked at me with loving eyes.  

"Morning. When did you and dad get back yesterday?", I asked. I needed to know what happened to me yesterday.  

"At around seven I think. We were calling your name all over the house until your father decided to look in your room. You were out like lightening in your bed so we didn't want to wake you up. I'm sure you had enough sleep for the whole world."

I was already in the bed when they came home? May be with everything that has happened I'm starting to lose it a little bit.

"I made you some pancakes so eat up before it's too late", mom said and placed a nice size glass of orange juice beside a stack of three pancakes. I clearly and dearly need those right now. 

"Thank you." I was famish. The pain in my stomach was telling me I haven't ate for hours. May be three isn't enough. After I scarfed my breakfast down, I gathered all my things for school.

"I'm off to school now. See you later."  

"Do you have tutoring today?", mom asked. 

Do I have tutoring today?... Oh crap! I do. How did I forget about that?

"Yup."  

"Okay. Don't forget to call once you leave school."

"No problem."  I gave Mom a hug and went out the door as fast as I could.

It was pretty cloudy. The weather took a drastic turn from the weather last week. The ground look like it was already wet. I had no idea if it was going to rain or not today. It would be nice if the rain could wash away all of my thoughts and pain. I have no idea how I was going to handle the rest of the day. I feel like I only had one thread of string left and it was about to break. 

I finally got back to Ailee and Hyorin. They were kind of mad at me for leaving the party early but they were more worried. I should make it up to them and I can start by telling them the truth.

I was pretty much lost in thought like I have been for the last few weeks. Without me paying attention something suddenly bumped into me, which almost landed me on the cement.

"What in the- Jun Hong?" Did he just bump right pass me without saying hello? 

"Nice bumping into you this morning as well!", I yelled at him to see if he would look back. He didn't even turn around to say anything back. Is there something going on with him this morning? I thought Jun Hong and I were starting to get a little closer when he confessed to me that he saved me. I ran up behind him and tapped him on his shoulder to get his attention.

"Are you okay? Did something happen to you?", I asked.

Jun Hong kept walking ahead of me like I never said anything. I was about to give up when he suddenly said, "You look a little pale. Worry about yourself."

He can tell that I'm not looking like myself? I thought I looked okay giving the circumstances. May be I needed a day or two.

"I hope no one else points that out." 

The two of us walked the rest of the way to school in silence. I would glance up at him now and then, but he didn't look like he was mad. He pretty much look like he always do. I looked ahead and saw that there was a crowd of people just outside of the school. 

"I wonder what's going on?", I asked myself as I looked at everyone gathered outside.  

"I wouldn't go that way if I was you", Jun Hong warned me. 

"Why are you hiding by a tree and what is going on?", I asked as I saw him looking at me behind a tree.  

"I'm not hiding. I just don't do crowds of people. It's a bit suffocating."  

"Okay... then what's going on?"  

"Just follow me", he ordered.

"Why? You basically ignored me a few minutes ago so why are you trying to be nice now."  

"I don't care what you call it, but if you want to face those hungry people looking for a scoop fine with me."  

"What are you saying?" Instead of answering my question, he walked away from the tree into a different direction.

"Why do I have a feeling that today isn't going to be so quiet?", I asked myself. I followed him as he instructed and made sure to keep close to him so no one could see me.

"You should be fine at this distance so back up a little."  

"Are you crazy? I am not taking any chances being seen. And I thought I could have a peacefully day."  

"Must to be so popular."  

"How do you know that they want to see me?"  

"I overheard some freshman students. They don't know much about you, but apparently you and this Max person are hot news." 

"H-Hot news? Like what?" What could have possibly been said about the two of us? I sure in hell didn't say anything.

"Something about a break up."  

"What?..." I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at the crowd of students waiting for me. How could they possibly know about Max and I?

Something told me to go on the internet and check out his profile. There has to be some sort of explaination to why all those people are outside waiting for me. I just hope it's not what I think it is.

"What are you doing?", Jun Hong asked me, but I was to preoccupid to reply.  

I searched through his profile to see if it said anything. Single. That's what his status said when I read it. That- I can't believe that soon after he crushed and railroad my heart again, he did this.

"So I was right", I mumbled to myself. The pain in my heart started to throb once more. I couldn't let Jun Hong see me like this so I it up as much as I could and held a poker face.  

"What are you rambling about?", Jun Hong asked.  

HE IS SUCH A JERK! DID HE NOT CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS WHAT SO EVER?!

"Hey munchkin! We need to go before they spot you!", called out Jun Hong.

My attention was now focused on Jun Hong. I couldn't understand why would he go through this much trouble for me. He already saved me. It's not like he has to do it again. 

"I don't get you. Why are you helping me?"  

"To be honest, I don't get myself too right now. You are sort of an idiot and I don't think you can solve your way out of this one."

Jun Hong started walking again and I stayed right behind him. I was too mentally tired to say something back so I stayed quiet. I should just appreicate his gesture and leave it at that. 

We went around the back side of the school which was pretty empty luckily. "You should be safe, for now", he said as he started to walk away.  

"Are you going to leave me?", I asked, holding on to the bottom of his shirt.  

"I don't think you realize what an affect you have on the student body with just your presence. I don't want to be around when that mob of lunatics find you. Right now they seem to think that you will come to school that way. So hurry up and make your way inside."  

I watched Jun Hong walk away leaving me behind to think about what he said. "I have an affect on the students? I don't do anything special except go to the same school as everyone else."

I entered the back entrance carefully making sure there weren't any students spotting me. I wonder if Ailee and Hyorin can see all the commotion that's going on. I'm sure they are waiting to ask me a bunch of questions just like the rest of them. I quickly walked straight ahead before anyone spotted me. I was almost near my homeroom class when I spoted something very familar on the side of me. It's the school's trophy case.

"It has been a while since I looked at this. Brings back memories..."

There were still a lot of pictures of Max and I just from different academics competion and sports. I joined the swimming team for girls the same time Max joined the boys team freshman year. A lot of the girls back then doubted my ability because of my weight and size. Some were saying that the only reason I joined was because of Max, which was partially correct.

I remembered when the first tryouts at the school's pool. I was so nervous that I almost passed out just from waiting. Max told me that he couldn't make it to see me swim, but to give it my very best. Some of the girls tried to hide the fact that they were trying to make me look bad. It was really hard to ignore the fact that those girls were hoping that I didn't make the team. I thought Max was lying when he said I had a really good shot at making the team. The line was wearing down inch by inch and my heart felt like it was trying to jump out of my chest.

It was finally my turn against three other girls that were trying out. It was a lot more silence when it became my turn then when the other girls went. As I was preparing to jump in the water I seen something from the corner of my eye. It was Max smiling and waving at me. That was all I needed to regain confidence in myself. But this time, Max isn't here to help me nor does it seem like he cares. 

I sat down in my seat once I made it to class, waiting for the gates of hell to break loose once the school bell rings. All those little demons are going to  my soul out of me once they see me. I heard some foot steps getting dangerously close. I tried my best to act like I wasn't nervous, so I took out a random book and started reading it. I really really want it to be the teacher rather than hungry animals waiting to devour information from me.

IT'S JUN HONG!! THANK GOODNESS!! 

He didn't look at me as he walked to his desk and sat down. I kept myself from looking at him as much as I could. I don't know why but for some reason I can't look at him properly like I use to. I think it's from all the anxiety of waiting for the bell to ring.

"Thank you again for helping me. I'm sorry for having you do that for me."

"You didn't have me do anything the first time or the second time. It really isn't any of my business but you need to show the same courage you had that night at the dance. Don't expect me to always help you all the time."  

"Courage?.... I see...Thank you anyway."

It was kind of bittersweet when Jun Hong said he won't always be there to save me. But how is this situation like before? I have an entire school that is just waiting to get a hold on me.That night I tried my best and I still couldn't get away from those guys. I sort of lost myself in the moment when the fat guy pinned me down. Then Jun Hong started beating them up but I think I was going in and out of consciousness. So what did I do?

CRAP! I WASN'T PAYING ANY ATTENTION TO THE CLOCK!! WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!, I thought to myself as I heard the bell ring.

I need to claim down first and think this through. Why did Max think I was lying about being single in the first place? Did he think I was going out wi

Please log in to read the full chapter