Spell 4: Party Crashers

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

MY POV:

(flashback of last night dinner aftermath)

A few minutes after they get settled in and started eating,the door bell rings again.  

"That must be him now. It surely took him long enough", Ms.Choi said, wiping her lips delicately with a napkin. 

"I'll get the door."  

Dara excused herself from the table and went to answer the door. The door bell rang again and Dara went as fast she could to get to the door. Once her hand was on the knob there was no turning back. When the door finally open her eyes went into extreme shock She kept shaking herself and pinching herself to see if she was truly awake. After realizing it wasn't a dream, Dara finally put two and two together and realized who the lady was.

It's him! But this time he is at my door! Are they really related? Could Ms. Choi be the one that Jun Hong spoke of earlier? 

"Are you just going to stand there with that retarded look on your face or let me in?", the one person she hoped was a nightmare asked. Jun Hong. He stood as tall as ever with a navy blue and white hoodie. One ear had a black headphone and the other without. Dara thought he was the picture perfect person of a delinquent. 

"Why are you at my front door? Trying to get a night time peep?", Dara asked in a irritating tone.  

"You really are missing parts of that brain of yours. If I wanted to peep, and believe me when I say I can't find one damn reason to, I would try it from a different angle, dont you think? Plus why would I want to stare at a blank flat canvas all night", Jun Hong said, looking her up and down.  

"Blank flat what?! I am going to be honest with you Choi Jun Hong. I never had a problem with anyone in life. but you on the other hand is something else. I mean it in the worst possible way."  

"Wow... that would be pretty harsh if I really cared about what you think. I can tell that you're not so fond of me and that lame  whatever you call it in the cafeteria gave you away."  

"What are you talking about?", acting like she didn't know. 

"I can tell by the way Ailee was looking at you, you was up to something. They had no clue that you was using me. I'm not sure what for but I know your plan didn't go that well."  

"How dare you say those false things about me. The only way I could get you to lunch was to bend the truth a tad bit. It's not like you was going to come if I asked you to join because Mr. Kang wanted me to show you around and help you out. But you pretty much blew me off in the beginning."  

"How would you know if you didn't ask me?", he said a very true statement. 

Dara tried to think of something else but she couldn't. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place. She knew there was no way of getting out of this. Dara was right when she said she never had problems with people. So for her to feel this way towards Jun Hong was unknown to her. It was something she couldn't explain.

"Dara is everything okay in there?"  

"Yes mother. Our other guest was making sure he looked okay for the dinner. I'm showing him the way now", Dara replied, scowling at her guest. 

Dara rathered showed him the way out, but she knew she had to be on her best behavior for her father. As soon as Jun Hong stepped into the dining area he was greeted by Mr and Ms Park, Dara's parents.

"So this your nephew Ms. Choi?! He looks even better in person!", exclaimed Ms Park which made Dara do a double take. Did she have too much to drink already? 

"Hello Mr and Mrs Park", Jung Hong started off politely. "Thank you for inviting me for dinner."  

"Ah, Jun Hong you came after all. I was wondering if you was going to make it. I wouldn't want to have to eat your share too", his aunt, Ms.Choi, winked. 

"I was checking my homework before coming here. Forgive me for being studious."

"This adorable young man, also my nephew, happens to be staying with me for a while. He also goes to the same school as your daughter. It is a very nice school by the way."  

So it was the same car that was driving passed me the other car that is parked outside their house, thought Dara.

"I'm glad you like it Ms.Choi. Our Dara does an excellent job with keeping up her grades", proudly spoke her dad.  

"You here that little one? You aren't the only one with good grades. You better watch out", Jun Hong's aunt said, side eyeing him.  

"I already know since I have a couple of classes with her. The teachers just had so much to say about her", he smiled, looking at Dara. Dara could instanly tell that it was fake, He hasn't smiled at her since he tranferred in.

"So you guys already know each other? That's cute. You have a new friend." Jun Hong wanted to storm out the Parks house because of the looks his aunt was giving him. It was too... cheery.  

"Not that well Ms Choi. I want to give him time to adjust at school. I don't want force him to be friends with me."  Or more like I don't wanna be friends with somebody like him!, Dara thought. 

"I'm glad you understand. I'm not good with making friends with people I don't know."  Don't wanna know, thought Jun Hong.

"I'm curious. Did Jun Hong make any friends at school?" , his aunt asked as she swirled wine in her glass, looking so classy in Dara'a eyes. 

"Well I can't say for sure. He did meet a couple of my friends today. What I can tell you is that for some odd and unknown reason, he's like a chick magnet", Dara said. 

"At this school too?". Ms.Choi said like it was normal for him to be gawked at females at school

What does she mean by too? Was Jun Hong popular at his other school? 

"There were a select few at his other school who were deemed popular and he was one them. I hear that an old friend of yours came back to your old school. Too bad you left by then", she mysteriously said to Jun Hong.

Jun Hong looked a bit uncomfortable with him at the center of attention. He also wondered what or more like who his sunt was talking about. He has been out of touch lately with the friends he knew since he never stayed in one place for long.

"Dara seems be very known around school as well. If it isn't her grades, it's how students are mesmerized by her looks and thinks she is so pretty. She even hangs out with two most beautiful girls in school. So I heard", Jun Hong said as he took a sit next to his aunt.

There was an empty chair in front of him and he could figure out quickly it was Dara's. Upset at this, Dara took her sweet time around the table so she could avoid looking at him directly. 

"You must mean Hyorin and Ailee. Dara told me that their pretty smart as well. Those three girls have known each other since freshman year. I think one can say that they are attached to the hip," explained Mrs Park, smiling at her daughter lovingly.

Three girls attached to the hip. Two princesses and an ugly duck, thought Jun Hong, fake smiling as his aunt gave him a plate of food.

Dara felt as though Jun Hong was making smart comments  owards her at the table. She wanted to say something else but she didn't want to cause a scene. All she could do was smile and bare with it.

You're lucky you're in my house with my parents here.

After dinner Ms Choi and her nephew gave the Parks their graditude and complimented Mrs Park on the meal. As the adults were walking to the front door Dara stayed a distant behind them. She eyed Jun Hong the dirtiest of looks she could muster. It was to the point one would think she couldn't see what was in right in front of her.

"Who would have ever thought that your father and my aunt work at the same job", Jun Hong said leaning on the living room wall.  

"Who would of thought that you would move across the street from me", Dara said, still throwing her dirty stare at him.

"Well I guess life is very surprising", he shrugged.  

"Too surprising if you asked me."  

"I'm just so shocked that your dad will have to report to my aunt in the morning. Ironic isn't it?"  

"What are you trying to say? I know there is a hidden message in that sarcastic tone of yours."  

"Who do the teachers have to report to when there is a school meeting?"  

"The principle. So what does that have to do with-" Dara finally caught on to Jun Hong. He was playing her and she didn't like it one bit.

"How dumb must you be right now."  

"Get out..." Dara said each word through her teeth.

"What did you say? I can't hear you?", he said holding his hand to his ear.  

"I said get out Choi-Jun-Hon", Dara said harshly, but lowly to him. 

"As you wish."

Jun Hong went to say good bye to her parents and left the right behind his aunt. Minutes later Dara was still standing in the same spot, giving her door a dirty look.

 

Dara POV:

Last night dinner could not have gone any slower. I didn't have any luck the past few days. Heck the past few weeks. I was trying to deal with the whole Max situation, but now I have another problem. My new neighbor is driving me up the wall. That bug. Then to top it off his aunt is my dad's boss at work. I mean can it get any worst than this? I just want to have a good day at school without anybody bothering me. Meaning you Choi Jun Hong. 

So far no one has said anything about Max and I and that's great. Since the new guy came everyone talks about him. Mainly girls. Even strange rumors have started about him. How can a new student have rumors in a few days? If I'm not mistaken there was a rumor that said the reason he left his other school was because he got into way too many fight. The last one he was in almost lead to someone's death. If it was that bad wouldn't that person's family would want justice instead of him moving on with his life? He could hurt someone here. Nonsense.

I do admit that Jun Hong is mysterious with the way he acts with people. I swear that I saw him walk passed Hyorin yesterday, so why did he help her out? It bothers me, Then at lunch he acted like he was interested in Hyorin and Aliee conversation, but he shows me the complete opposite. He barely looks at me let alone speak to me and when he does I feel like suffocating him with a pillow.

I need to deicide if I should tell them about what happened last night. May be I will say something when I'm up to it. I'm sure the first thing is on their mind is the party. I couldn't even ask my parents about it because of the unexpected visitors. Mainly Jun Hong. It would have been fine with Ms.Choi came by herself, then that way I wouldn't find out Jun Hong is her relative. Now I have to put up with him at school today.

WHY OH WHY ME?!

****

My parents were extra cheerful this morning before I left home. Which means my dad is in a good mood today.

I woke up to the most mouth-watering smell today. When I finally got downstairs and into the kitchen I saw the both of them making breakfast. They were humming and smiling at one another that it was creppy in a cute way. I thought that those two were pleased with last night dinner and I was right. When I got dressed and went downstairs again they were still their happy selves. It was a bit too much for me. But the great part was that I got to eat waffles, susages, eggs, toast and some fresh squeezed lemonade. It has been a long time that we shared a meal like that. Dad should be happy all the time.

Earlier it must have been raining outside because the grass and ground is still wet. The clouds are starting to give way for the sun to come out. Ailee texted me a few minutes ago to go ahead of them because they might be a little late. Well it's fine with me that they will be late since I didn't feel talking about last night's dinner.

"Why is there so much noise already and school haven't started yet. I bet that jerk is there giving into all that attention. They don't know what real men look like nowadays. He isn't even that cu-"

Is there some type of festival going on around here and I wasn't told.

The school was suddenly deck out with so many colors I thought the circus was coming to town. What in the world is going on? I don't remember any memos about anything on the bulletin board yesterday. I saw someone walking my way as I'm apporaching closer to school. I think that is... *sigh* Lisa.

"Good morning Lisa."  

"Hello to you. Aren't you surpirse at the party decorations this morning?", Lisa said smiling, like she always do.  

"So far I had a lot of surprising things happen to me, but this one is a head scratcher."  

"You have no idea what is going on? I'm sure one of friends said something about it yesterday."  

"I have no clue."

"Alot of the students were talking about it a lot."  

"Not ringing any bells."  

"It was an announcement on the intercoms."  

"There was?"  

"There is a party later on today at the school gymnasium that I organized", Lisa sighed, surprised that Dara was clueless about it.

"You organized a party?", Dara asked.  

"YE- I mean yes, yes I did."

"Now that I think about it I believe Hyorin was saying something about it at lunch yesterday", Dara said, placing her thumb and index finger on her chin.  

"Well it will be at eight tonight until midnight. You are allowed to bring one outside guest. The maximium age the guest can be is eighteen. The principle will want to see the permisson slips", Lisa explained. 

"Wait? There were permisson slips to bring someone from a different school over?" How did I not know what any of this? I was so down in the dumps that I must have missed everything around me.

"It's mainly if there is an age difference so you have nothing to worry about. I have to go and check on things. Hopefully I will see you there", she said and left me to think about the party.  

"O-Okay..."  

I can't put into words how I feel with hearing this news. If I wanted to I could have seen if Max wanted to come with me. But instead I get hit in the head with question marks. Why wasn't I told about this sooner? I usually know everything when it comes to the school and the activities. So why wasn't I notified about this? School just started a few days ago so how is there a party already? If I had known earlier would Max even say yes to me? I'm giving myself fasle hope. It's too late anyway since the party is today.

I decided that the library was the best place to hide early in the morning. It wasn't too many people in there and right now I feel like being alone. I looked at all the decorations that students were putting up on the front entrance as I got closer. One them held the door open for me so I didn't mess up the work they created. The library was only a few feet away from the entrance so I didn't have to walk too long.

Looking from the outside because it was all glass, I saw only a few students inside. I opened the door, letting a pleasant scent wrap around my nose. The smell sort of reminded of Max when his mom uses special fabric softener on his clothes. I loved the way he smell when he use to pull in for a hug just before classes started. I rubbed my nose in his shirt just to get whiff of it mixed in with his cologne. Being in Max's arms...

"How did I get here?" I said, finding myself in the exact spot Max and I use to hang out. It's starting to really hit me that he's really truly...gone. I know he was gone, but it still feels so unreal to me. Warm water was starting to form in my eyes as I thought about how lonely and unhappy I feel. This is a lot harder to deal with than I imagined. I hate... I hate feeling this-

"How long are you going to stand there blocking my way?"

"I'm sorry. I'll get out of your-"

I know that voice. Out of all the voices I didn't want to hear his. This is totally all types of bad timing. My eyes feel like they are swelling up and he shows up. I don't want him to find me in this vulnerable position so he could use it against me. I need to find a way out.

"I need to get going. Sorry for blocking your way. Next time try using the words excuse me."

"Then stop taking all the space. You're not the only one who likes the library", Jun Hong said, unaware of the real reason why I'm here.

"Whatever", I said, getting annoyed.  

I proceeded to leave while moving to the side with my back to Jun Hong. Once I was a good distance away from him I made a mad dash out then headed to my class. I really don't want to argue with him right now. I just want to go home and sleep my pain away.

 

****

Classes were pretty much the same today except that I felt a bit out of it. I couldn't stop thinking about what Lisa said earlier. It could have been a chance for me to see Max and try to get him to explain why he doesn't want to be with me. I could of have seen if he wanted to go back out with me.

The bell rung letting me that it was once again time to change classes. The halls were slowly starting to turn into something everyone in the halls were getting excited about. I'm the only lame one that feel s like I can's get into the high school spirit. I would rather watch old movies and cuddle with my blanket, a big bag of chips and a bottle of soda. I sound like a middle-age woman that got divorce and her husband left with everything and living it up.

 

****

 

"I wonder who could texting me in class", I said to myself as I felt my phone vibrate.

Hyorin and I didn't go to school after all because she was still looking at dresses.

Please log in to read the full chapter