Spell 15: Secret Out

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Jun Hong POV:

That was not suppose to happen.

That really wasn't suppose to happen.

Now I'm really going to hear the Councilmen's mouth. This is so... 

Annoying.

I bet my Aunt will try to make some sort of an excuse for me like she did for me in the past, but this time I know there is no way she can weasel out of this one for me. I don't want her to. I did this on my free will and I didn't have much of choice since Dara is consider a level three priority. But with all the events lined up until now, I think it should be a level two and I think things will get a lot worst from here.

I really don't want to agree with my gut feeling, but that crazy chick doesn't give me any other choice.

All I was suppose to do was tell one of the nurses that Dara woke up and get me something to drink. Along the way I get this off the chart radar coming from my cell telling me that there is some sort of powerful magic being used. Plus my senses went on double time. And out of all the magic that was being used... it had to be that one.

Lisa ability to quickly master those type of incantation and spells worries me a lot more than before. I should have been really alarmed when she was clouded in that darkness after she agreed to join that mysterious figure coming out of it. I thought me putting the protection bracelet would be enough to keep Dara unharmed by the darkness. I wasn't expecting her plan to use regular human beings.

I must admit that she has been keeping me on my toes with these surprising events. Somehow she knew that the bracelet can't defend against normal human attacks, unless that wasn't her plan all along. May be it was to use other people for her crazy messed up idea. May be she didn't know that, yet.

I have to find out where she is hiding, what's her next plan to hurt Dara and who has been teaching her to use that sort of magic. But for now, I need to bring Dara back from insanity. She looks like she's having some kind of breathing problems and she is pointing at us like we are freaks.

This was never suppose to happen.

But first thing is first. Somehow I need to get through to that gawking fool pointing at my Aunt and I in the corner.

"Can't we just erase her memory or something Aunt Eunbi? I'm sure the Councilmen would agree to something like that."

"WHAT?! DO WHAT?!", screamed a terrified and confused Dara.

"I'm not sure we should mettle in anything yet. We already know that Headquarters are going to want an explanation for this. Messing around in her brain wouldn't be a good idea", sugguested my Aunt.

"Exactly! Plus I'm sure it's all a dream anyway. HA-HA-HA!", laughed Dara awkwardly.

"Like they wouldn't want to do that. We just blew our cover and possibly to the rest of society that are just like us. Erasing one normal human brain wouldn't be the end of the world."

"Huh?! You really are a jerk!", yelled Dara who threw something at me, but I moved out the way like it was nothing.

"Then what do you propose for us to do Dara?", I asked turning my head to my Dara.

The look in her eyes is a bit unsettling. It almost look like she is scared to talk back because I might use it on her. She will be just like the rest of them, just watch.

"I...", she started.

"You...?

"I...I don't know okay! It's not like this happens everyday to me you know! What kind of answer do you want to give you?! I'm trying to be rational right now so I can control how I really feel. You can't blame me if I seem a bit on edge and I seem to be freaking out. This is all normal to you, but not me right? You must of seen others trying to decide what is going on their head when dealt with something like this. I'm trying not to cause a scene. You're still Jun Hong, the annoying guy that lives across from me and she is Aunt right?"

My Aunt just looked at her and then at me like she was also confused on what just happen.

"Now that is such a surprise coming from someone like you. I would of thought you would said all kinds of horrible things to us" Aunt Eunbi said in relief. She really must like Dara for whatever reason.

"So-So you also have... different abilities as well Ms. Choi?"

"Different abilities. I guess it's a good way of putting it."

"I see..."

Why is she taking this a lot calmer than any other normal person would have? I thought she would have went berserk on us while throwing objects at the same time. Just what is she?

Dara slowly got up from the floor and sat down on the hospital bed, still looking at us. She rapidly massaged through her hair with her fingers while inhaling and exhaling.

"So I just came up with the conclusion that I have to take this in a different direction", Dara finally said.

"Which is?", I curiously asked.

"Getting as much information as possible to answer the glowing lights, looking like someone else with the same voice and the change of hair color from you. I would need to know everything starting from the beginning."

"You mean the history of our kind?", my Aunt asked.

"That could be for another time since I'm sure that is a long enough story. I want to know the reason why you two decided to move in my neighborhood up until now."

"Oh...well..."

"For the reason I told you before. It wasn't like we had any idea that your life is pretty messed up. No one thought that Lisa was crazy enough to go after you and take such extremes like this. We were just moving into a whole new neighborhood not knowing that we were going to have to protect you", I explained. "If I would have known this, I woud picked a different country all together."

"So at the party, you had no idea that I was going to be attack?"

"No clue. I just happened to see a figure going a different direction that wasn't the bathroom. Then I thought I heard some kind of noise. When I got to the corner of the hallway I didn't see anyone, which I thought was strange."

"Then how did you find me?"

"I heard your plea, remember?"

Dara opened and then closed as she was trying to find what to say. She isn't taking it like how it usually goes with people who choose to see us as witches instead of understanding us. I'm not sure if this a good thing or not.

"Then how did you know it was Lisa that made up those rumors?"

"It doesn't take magic to know that. I just happen to be in the same class as the two of you in the morning. I so happen to see the look in her eyes as she stared behind you, cursing your name. I only figured out it was her that started those rumors when you dropped one of your notes on the floor. You know, the one where she was asking you questions."

"That's why you asked me all those quetions about Lisa that night in the tree?!" she exclaimed.

"You were in a tree talking to Dara late at night?", asked my Aunt elbowing me. "Being romantic in the moonlight?"

"There were no hidden agendas so cut out the wild romantic images in your head", I flatly said.

"I had my suspicions about you setting up the meeting between Lisa and I the moment I saw that you never went home that day. You- You was trying to make sure everything goes as plan and if it didn't you was going to step in, right?"

I see why she is called a genius at that school of hers. Her deductions are pretty good and she seems to observe well. Well most of the time. The biggest problem is that she doesn't know how to observe people's behaviors well.. She couldn't figure out that it was Lisa trying to make her look bad in the whole school. Dara definitely doesn't know that Lisa is the reason that she is in the hospital, but she does know that Lisa has some kind of ability now.

"May be."

"Then that only leads up to one thing... How did Lisa know I was in the hospital and what did she do to transform herself into..."

She glanced at me for a quick second then she started fiddling with her fingers.

"Is something wrong Dara?", asked my Aunt.

"How could I not know that her version of Jun Hong wasn't mine?", Dara suddenly asked.

What did she just say? Mine? As in hers? Since when did she think I was hers?

"May be I should have known from the nice gestures I was receiving or may be when it's when she brought up Max for no reason."

Is she trying to say I haven't been nice to her?! What the hell have I been doing all this damn time?! I wonder what she really think of me!

My Aunt walked up to Dara and sat be side her. "You were not suppose to know because it was not suppose to happen to you Dara. No one knew that your life would turn up like this where it seems like Lisa is controlling everything. She wouldn't have gone this insane if she didn't get those certain abilities that you saw. But since she wasn't forced to do so and it was her own dark desire she was able to trick you as well as us. Lisa is more formidable then I original thought. She is nothing like the girl you thought you knew."

"Aunt Eunbi is right. This is something you couldn't control because this is something you have never seen. Lisa has been missing for weeks and while she was missing we believe she has been plotting against you. The only difference is this time she is not alone. Someone had to teach her how to use magic like that."

"I suppose you right. There is no way she could of learn how to construct some sort of black wind on her own. If Lisa could I'm sure she would of used that before on me."

My Aunt questioningly looked at me for a moment after the comment about this black wind Dara describe. "What... black wind?"

"It almost like she was holding a ball in the palm of her hand, but it was swirling and spiraling in all direction. It was like looking at the wind in visible form in her hand, but instead of seeing white, I saw black", Dara informed us.

"Are you sure that is what you saw? Are you one hundred percent positive?", I asked immediately.

"I'm pretty sure that is what I saw. After she said something foreign, a black orb of wind came out of hand. Then for some reason it was difficult to breathe and see. I'm not sure if my body was being dragged or was it all my energy. I was starting to feel pretty weak."

The alert in my aunt's eyes went extremely wide as she looked at me with great concern. It was the same magic I caught a glimspe of when I saw my twin. Only people I know who can perform such high level skills are people that my Aunt knows and ones we wish we weren't aware of.

Crap!

Now the Councilmen have no choice but to intervene now knowing that Lisa has every intention in killing her. 

"I do remember her saying something else after I realized it was Lisa's voice and not Jun Hong."

"What do you remember?", I asked her.

"The juice that she was going to give me might be some sort of poison. She said that she should of gave me the drink."

Aunt Eunbi quickly got up from the bed and took the two cans of juices off the floor. "I think I should present this to Headquarters to know the exact contents of the liquid inside."

"What about the Councilmen?"

"This is why I'm need to hurry up in do this. We need to present a case before them telling the Councilmen why this level of priority have to change to a different level. The spell on the rest should wear down in about ten minutes, so try to get this room back to some sort of normal. I'll return with some good news hopefully."

And with that she vanished leaving a mist of cool air and awkwardness in the room.

"I guess we should hurry up and get cleaning", I said not looking at

Please log in to read the full chapter