Spell 12: Enemy in the Dark

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

My POV:

After most of the drama was dealt with and the air calmed down Dara's parents decided that it was okay for her attend school. In a way Dara was hoping that she could go back to see Ailee and Hyorin there, but she also wanted to see someone else.

Choi Jun Hong... Dara hasn't been on any social sites for a while because she was afraid to see the harsh comments that the outside world might say about her. She knew that in a logical thought it was not her fault that set Lisa over the edge, but somewhere in her mind Dara wished she would of saw all the signs that Lisa was feeling affection towards Max. Any sane person wouldn't have blame themselves for what occured in Lisa's head, but for some unknown reason a small part of Dara is telling her she is to blame.

May be if she saw that Lisa also liked Max she could backed down and let her have him. Or would she? How would she feel if she let Lisa feelings go first and not hers? Would she just stand there and watch as Lisa and Max get close in front of her? Would she deny her own heart just to make Lisa happy? Would she turn out to be some jealous insane person?

There were and still are a lot of those questions like those going on in her mind, but all Dara could try to do is move forward.

Max's parents came over a few times without him by their sides to check on Dara. Unknown to Dara, Max did really want to come and check up on Dara, but he felt so ashamed about the argument they shared prior to that. It relieved Dara that he didn't show up especially now that he also felt guilt over what happened to her. She wanted him to feel every sort of responsible for believing into those lies. She wanted him to apologize over and over again until she got sick of his voice.

Dara couldn't look at him if she saw those emotions on his face. She didn't think she could stand there and look at the hurt in his eyes. Not those eyes that made her want to melt with so much glee that she could burst. Even though she felt that way, Dara was not going to accept the fact that Max believe that she was dating someone else when in all honesty she loves him... still...

Why would he ever have those awful thoughts when he should know her so well? Would she ever try to get over Max so easily when he still has a hold of her heart and though his grip has loosened a bit, Max still has it? She wasn't too sure about a lot of things anymore.

After coming to terms with almost being , Lisa's insanity and her feelings for Max, Dara thought about her life  was going back to normal. Whatever that meant. Will she be able to just forget and live happily with the rest of her life? Will she be able to smile and laugh with no thought of the past? Or will more happen and she knew that wasn't much she could take.

 

Dara POV:

After sometime I was able to settle back into school life once again. It was a bit strange with everyone saying sorry and trying to make up for what they said and did.

In the beginning I couldn't care less about what any of them had to say to me. I didn't want to hear the excuses and the lies they tried to cover up. I was still angry at all of them. Anyone who had even a little of suspicious of me I couldn't trust. I didn't say much to anybody when I came back to school. I barely said anything to my two best friends, but they understood. I was trying to process everything that has happened to me since Max leaving in the summertime up until now.

Max moving and us breaking up I almost getting during the school party that was obviously set up by Lisa Max and I getting into a huge spat over the phone, which was also Lisa's fault Finally Lisa confessions and trying to kill me

​I know someone else should be on that list, but he is on a whole other level. I should be grateful that Choi Jun Hong moved across the street from me. I can't even try to think what kind of situations I would have done with Jun Hong not here.

I've seen him here and there at school after he came to see me at home, but not that much in school. I didn't put too much thought into him not showing up in one class, but a few hours later he is in another class. I guess I was still trapped in my own thoughts that I really didn't pay any of attention to his leave of absences.

At first it was okay, but it seems like he is doing it a little too much. Sometimes I would go in the library acting like I'm searching for something but I'm really checking to see if he is there. When I do try to look Jun Hong is either sleeping or not there. I was thinking about visiting him at his home but...

(flashback)

(Jun Hong trying to imitate Dara)

"Why is my heart beating so fast?  I don't feel so good. My tummy hurt. Can you make me feel better?"

 "WHATARE YOU DOING?!", I yelled in utter confusion.

I don't know what he is doing now, but he is getting way to close to me. The next thing I knew my hand was on his chest with his hand on minds and his eyes seems so different. Just what the heck did I get myself into?!

"Jun Hong..."

"Then I asked you what do you want me to do. Do you know what you said afterwards?", he said as his voice gets a little more serious.

"N-no..."

"You asked me to kiss you", he said in a hush tone in my ear, leaving me stun, shocked and in a puddle of water as the warm air from his mouth tickles my ear.

"HUH?!", I exclaimed, pushing him away from me.

I ASKED HIM TO DO WHAT?! WHY IN THIS UNIVERSE WOULD I WANT TO KISS SOMEONE LIKE CHOI JUN HONG?!

"Do you want me to show you what we did next?"

WE?! WE DID SOMETHING? ELSE?! 

The gravity around me started to move quite fast where I found myself ontop of Jun Hong. I blinked my eyes a few times to make sure I'm in real time. I'm ontop of Jun Hong. Him, Jun Hong, the teenage boy I barely know and me, Dara, the teenage girl who just been through hell, is in a position most girls at school who die over.

I'm not liking where this is going! I'm way to close to him

"I don't know why you are getting all nervous now. All we are doing is re-enacting what took place in my room that hot and steamy day."

H-Hot and S-Steamy?!

"I'm going to ask you what do you want to do again. I'm pretty sure you can guess what kind of answer I'm looking for", he said as he slowly wraps his arms around my waist. My body reacts a little and I try to hide the fact that I jumped slightly with his touch.

He is looking directly in my eyes and for some reason I feel a burning sensation all over my face. I'm not sure if I can handle the next scene!

"What would you like me to do?", Jun Hong asks again, almost ordering me to him an asnwer.

OH NO! IS THIS THE PART WHERE I SAY MY LINES?! I'M DARA, I'M SIXTEEN YEARS OLD AND I'M STILL A !!!

"Come on Dara. Tell me how can I make you feel better" he says in a tantalizing way, keeping his dark down eyes on me.

The way he is talking right now is putting my mind at a stand still. This is so bad.

"May-May be you should um..."

"Um... What Dara? What should I do?"

Oh gosh... If he keeps this up I think my heart is going to explode. I think he is giving me those boyish looks I only see in mangas and it is so cute and y right now. What did I just say?!

"May be you should... k-kiss me?", I said low enough for only our ears to hear.

"Is that a question or are you asking me to?"

"Asking you to..."

"If that is what you wish."

(end of flashback)

"But then he ruined it by flicking my forehead! Wait! Why do I sound all disappointed for?! I'm glad that it didn't get that far. That would have been way too much for me to handle. May be I should check to see if he is all right after school. It's the least I can do for him after all that-that... Embarassment..."

 

****

Ailee and Hyorin were beyond upset after seeing the different posts online about Jun Hong and I dating. They thought I was cheating on Max or we broke up without telling them. I had to calm both of them down and tell them the whole story of what really happened

(flashback a week ago)

"So Max broke up with you?!" yelled Ailee and Hyorin at the same time.

"Pretty much", I sighed as the pain seeped into my heart slowly after finally saying it aloud for the first time. "He did it a few days before he moved."

"So the whole time you was acting like the break up never happened? You-You never said anything about to us! You were basically lying about him and you!" a furious Hyorin said aloud towards me.

"Well lying is pretty harsh to say. More like I was going to tell you the truth, but everything else happened so I couldn't tell you two." Which is true. I was, but the universe decided to take a turn for the worst.

"Bull", said Ailee flat out. 

"Huh?! Did you just say a bad word?!"

"The point is that you was dealing with a whole lot more than what either of us could of imagine. Did you not think that we wouldn't be able to understand your feelings?", said Ailee in a tone that sounded disappointed that I didn't trust them enough.

I'm definitely not telling them about the party and the plot Lisa brew up. That is something I cannot do at the moment.

"I am really sorry. I guess I didn't know how to deal with it and I was scared what the rumors might be if the whole school found out Max broke up with me. Everyone always watched us two close for my liking and it was a burden."

"Would it have been a lot easier if you were the one that broke up with Max?", Hyorin asked.

"May be... I

Please log in to read the full chapter