Spell 1: Once Upon A Time

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sandara's POV:

Today is just another ordinary day like always. Well I mean sometimes it can get pretty interesting or entertaining with school fights and may be even some juicy gossip. But it's pretty much just a normal day. Fall is about to begin in a month and everyone is trying to absorb what will be left of the sweet smell of the flowers, the cool summer breeze sailing against our skin and the summer love.  I really can't speak on summer love this year. I was perfectly fine last summer, but this summer was nothing but tears and goodbyes.

My- My ex boyfriend just moved into a whole other district that is about a few hours away from here. It's not like I didn't know he was moving our whole sophmore year of high school. We pretty much knew each other since sixth grade and we became pretty close ever since we first met. It took him to ask me out after eighth grade graduation. I kept denying every guy that asked me to be their girlfriend because I didn't want my chance to go away. He got a little suspicious of why I never took their offer, but in the end he understood why after I agreed to be only his. I guess I was a little bit naive to think that when I said 'forever' it was going to be that way. I think I did in some way saw the signs that there was a chance that we could be drifting apart. I think I was trying to be blind on purpose so that may be I could be imagining things.

I honestly thought that we were going to make it through even with the move. I mean it's only a few hours away from me. Heck, I already told my parents somedays we could see each other and they even agreed to take me. I knew the look on their faces and the sound of their voices was trying to sooth me, but it couldn't. He wasn't just moving away from this town, he was moving away from me. Somehow I have to face the facts and bare with it because everyone in school will want to know.

This is how my first day back at school will be like.

"I'm off to the first day of school and the first day without my- I mean Max", I said in a low and sad voice. Here it goes.  

"We are so sorry sweetie. I know how much you were into to Max, but try to make this new year about you and not him.  I'm sure your friends don't know about the break up yet", my mother said, trying to make me feel better.

"No mom, they have no idea, but I know it is going to come out somehow."  

"Just have a good start at the new year of school and I'm sure you will forget all about him sometime soon. Your father and I will be waiting for when you get home", she smiled warmly at me.

I know a lot of people say that their parents are the best, but mine really is. They can be so understanding sometimes that it makes me feel comfortable to say how I feel to them. They can be pretty strict, but not too strict that I ever wanted to run away. I mean there were times I was so scared to go home because I broke something or I didn't listen to them. They gave me the right treatment when it came to punishments and giving me love. I wouldn't trade them in the world.

"Alrighty then, I'm off to school. Wish me luck!", I said out loud, trying my best to cheer up. 

"Good luck sweetie."  

I am going to walk out of here with a smile and I am going to show the student body that my lost love will not bring me down. I really do feel like crying and I know that this walk is going to feel a lot longer than usual, but I cannot let them see me like this. Even though they are my friends, they always seem to say something bad. I should have gotten use to it ever since freshmen year, but sometimes I still feel like punching them.

(looks across the street)

"Is someone moving in there? I never thought anybody was ever going to move into that place. It has been so long since I moved here that I  don't really remember seeing people in that house. I wonder if someone my age will be moving on our block? I have no time to think about that. I have to think of a good way to explain how Max doesn't want me anymore."  

Most kids and or teens don't really care for school that much. I guess you would compare it to jail just with a lot more freedom. I rather be in school then go to jail and even work. I'm sure life is going to get a lot more complicated when we all grow up, but today I already feel that coming. Please don't ask me about him!

"Hey Dara!", said a student that I knew from one of my classes.

"Hello and good morning to you."

"Good morning Sandara!", another student I know said, waving all happy like.

"And a great morning to you as well." You're doing well. Just keep this up for I don't know, the rest of the semester.

I'm pretty friendly with everyone in school, heck pretty much the entire neighorhood. I never really got into any arguments or fights growing up. I try to solve the issue before it comes to a bigger problem. I really hope that no one gets out of line with Max not being here any... anymore.

"I guess I'm going to have to get use to it", I sighed, dreading going to school.

"You mean Max not being around here anymore?", Hyorin asked which surprised me a little.  

There is one of the two I was talking about. Her name is Kim Hyorin and she is also in the same grade as I. I met her in the beginning of freshman year during the entrance ceremony.  

"Where is Ailee this morning?"

"I'm sure she'll come around soon enough, but that isn't the issue at hand. How did it go with Max moving away this summer?" 

*sighs*

"I guess it was a bit emotional for the both of us. His parents seemed very concerned about Max and asked me to call and drop by sometimes."

"Well that's good. I mean it's only a few hours away from here. I wonder if he will find any new girls that are prettier than you?"  

"What?! Why would you say something like that?!",  I asked flustered by what just came out of .

"Don't pay any attention to her Dara, she just like to pry into people's thoughts and manipulate them", the voice of reasoning said, Ailee. May be she can contain this wild animal of a girl.  

"So you finally caught up with us. I was starting to wonder if you was going to come", Hyorin said, looking at herself in her small portable mirror.

"Good morning Ailee."

"I just had to take care of a few minor things before leaving, but I'm good. And hello to you too Dara.  Are you okay?"

"I would be lying if I said I really wanted to come to school today. It really feels a lot different with Max not being here." It truly ! 

"And when you get to school all those vultures awaiting to feed of the new gossip from the summer vacation and yours will be first in line."  

(Ailee hits Hyorin ontop of her head)

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!" , Hyorin shouted at the very top of her voice. Always the drama queen.

"FOR BEING INCONSIDERATED TOWARDS DARA FEELINGS!"

"It's okay Ailee. I already thought about what is going to happen once I get inside. I just have to tell them only but so much. They don't need to know anymore."

So let's get on with it!

 

MY POV:

Dara, Hyorin and Ailee finally reached the school grounds and just as Hyorin predicted a flock of birds swarmed around them asking them how their summer went. Ailee already had a plan to cover Dara from getting any information leaked to the school. Hyorin and Ailee didn't know that Max broke up with Dara a few days before he moved. Dara wanted to keep that to herself until she was ready accept that Max wasn't coming back to her.

"Uhm Ailee, I think we should go before we are late. I really don't want to get in trouble on the first day", Dara suggested. She really hated not getting to class on time. 

"Come on Hyorin! You are enjoying the attention a little too much today."

"I can't help it that we are famous amongst these commenors."

"HYORIN GET YOUR OVER HERE NOW!", Ailee yelled, making Dara cover her ears. She knew that Hyorin would respond back so she kept them covered.

"YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T NEED TO YELL AT ME!" Just like she thought.

The three girls said their hello and goodbyes to rest of the people outside and scurried inside the building.

"What is your first period Dara?", asked Ailee who was trying to find her schedule for her classes.

"I have history first period. What about you Hyorin?"

"Lame math like freshmen year. Half the crap we learn in there isn't going to be apply out in the real world."

"I have dance first period", Ailee said proudly. Dara and Hyorin stopped at once, realizing something wasn't rght with all of their classes.

"Wait, you mean that this year we won't be in the same class?", Dara asked.  

"I'm so sorry Dara. I know we talked about being in choir this year, but I just wanted to continue with dancing and audition for choir my senior year."

"I guess it's okay if you decided that this what you want to be in", Dara sighed, not wanting to stuck in a new class without her best friends. 

"I'm upset that I didn't get dance or choir first period at all!" , bursted Hyorin out of nowhere

"I should have guessed that that was on your mind then separating. Dara is going to be alone and we can't defend her."

"Well all she have to do is ignore them and try talking about something else. How about just lie to those losers. They do not need to know everything about what goes on outside these walls. I do it all the time."

"And I can guaranteen that she does it honestly", winked Ailee, making Hyorin give her dirty looks.

"Well I'll be fine", Dara lied. "I have to except any and all possible things that could happen on the first day of school. I came up with some solutions a few weeks when Max left."  

"See Ailee, she is going to going to be just fine. If somethig happens Dara can tell us and I will be happy to tell people off like every year."

"I don't think that is what I was looking for in that exact answer Hyorin."  

"It's totally okay Ailee. I have gotten use to her by now and she is right

Please log in to read the full chapter