Spell 3: Dinner Guests

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 DARA POV:

See.. I happen to be in this horrible dream. No matter where I turn he will be there, standing behind me. No matter how much I try to get rid of his voice it still becomes overpowering. Not only is he in my school and he is in my classes, now he is diagonally across the street from me.

Why did he have to live on my block out of all the houses in this neighborhood? Heck, why did he have to move in this neighborhood period?! There are so many houses and apartment buildings that I'm sure his parents could of went to those. I bet it's because that house has been empty for so many years that may be the property taxes was pretty cheap. It is bad enough that I have no other choice, but to see him at school. Now I have to see him after school as well. When I go out with the other girls on the weekend he will be standing outside, waiting to mock me.

Do I really have to put up with this guy an entire school year?

"So you are up. I'm about to head out for few hours so you are going to have to come up with something to eat this morning", my mom said as I went into the kitchen, yawning.  

"Where are you are going?", I asked. Man... and I was looking forward to a wonderful breakfast. 

"I'm going to pick up a few things for dinner tonight and it just happens that your father will be coming home earlier than usual. We have some dinner guests coming tonight and this person works with your father."  

"Well I have a tutoring session with some of the students for about an hour after school", I informed her. 

"I forgot that you said that. Make sure your cell is on and to call me when you are done. I will gladly tell your dad to pick you up."

"I will make sure to keep in contact with you mom."  

"Good, I have to get going now so make sure you wash your dishes and lock up after yourself okay?"  

"Got it."  

"That's a good girl. See you when you get home."  

"Bye", I said and watched her leave out the door. "I guess I will make some cereal and some toast before going to school."

I wonder is Max eating well at his new home. I hope he is taking care of himself since I'm not there to help him. Blah Blah Blah... "Seriously I need to get a new hobby or something. How can he just pop up into my head like that? If anyone knew about our break up it will be devastating."  

​After making myself a bowl of cereal and two toast will strawberry jam, I washed my dishes like mom said. I double checked the house to make sure everything was in their correct places. Luckily I placed my bag on the coat rack so I didn't have to back to my room. I grabbed my bag off the hook, went out the door and locked it.

"Off to another day of school", I sighed. I wonder if Jun Hong left already for school. It would be freaking awesome if he already did. It would be an even greater if he comes late to school or better yet never show up today.

"That would sure be a blessing not to have to see Jun Hong's stupid fa- HEY!", I shouted at the bird that suddenly took my hair ribbon.

"GIVE THAT BACK YOU DUMB BIRD! THAT WAS A VERY SPECIAL GIFT FROM SOMEONE DEAR TO ME! GIVE IT BACK!"

Now I have to chase after a bird on my way to school. I really don't want to be late but I have no choice. With so many birds it would be hard to find that particular one, but since he has my ribbon it won't be too hard. Luckily he seems to going the direction I am going.

"Is my ribbon falling from the sky?! THAT BIRD JUST LET GO OF MY RIBBON!", I pointed in the sky as I doubled my speed.

I hope that it doesn't blow away too far. This day has already went to the birds. Get it? I don't even get it. What I need to get is my ribbon. It's going towards that guy right now!

"Hey! My ribbon is flying in your direction! Can you please get it?!", I called out, hoping that he heard me. To my surprise he caught it with such ease.

Whoa, he didn't even have to turn around to catch it.

"Oh my goodness, thank you so much for catching my ribbon. I am so sorry for asking you a silly thing like that." The guy in front of me suddenly takes off his dark gray hood, exposing his short blonde hair. Blonde hair? B-B-Blonde hair? Don't tell it's-

"You really should watch where your belongings are going."

Choi Jun Hong...

"I'm sorry. It's not like I had control over that." Why am I being polite to this jerk?

"I'm starting to realize that", he said the handed me my royal blue ribbon. We only stared at each for a few seconds before he turned and walked away.

Is he just going to leave after that?! What a great morning this has turned out to be. A bird jacked my ribbon and gave to Jun Hong...

I tried my best to wrapped my ribbon in my hair like it was without the use of a mirror while continuing my walk to school. Why is there a crowd of people standing outside? Did something happened?

"DARA GET OVER HERE QUICK!", screamed Hyorin, junping up and down.

Hyorin?

"What's going here?" There were a truck load of girls standing outside like their was a fanmeeting or something. Did I miss a notice? 

"Ailee and I started walking up earlier when we saw a lot of girls standing outside", said Hyorin. 

"We got curious and asked one the girls what is going on. Apparently they wanted to get a look at that guy in your class. Choi Jun Hong."  

​Really? I just saw him a few seconds ago and nothing made me happier to see him leave. I will never understand these girls.

"And so do we! I want to see what are all these girls are bragging about", Hyorin squealed. She must have bumped her head, hard.

​Just as I was mentally disaproving their taste in boys, the girls in the front began whispering loud enough you can call it talking.

"Is that him Dara?", Ailee asked me. 

I could right away see the blonde hair and since he's taller then me, it wasn't hard to tell. He does stand out from the rest of the boys and I'm not just talking about the hair. What did he eat as a baby? Humans?

"Pretty much. That is Choi Jun Hong", I said as unenthusiastic as possible.

"Are you happy now Hyorin? You finally get to see him. Hyorin. Hyorin?" 

"I think she is too preoccupied by trying to get close to Jun Hong right now", I said to Ailee who was trying to snap her back to reality. "Look she's sitting on that bench over there."  

"That damn girl really does move pretty quick when it comes to her hormones. We need to hurry up and whisk Hyorin away from him. I don't want him to think every girl at this school has a ual disorder", Ailee said as she moved passed some of the girls in the crowd.

"But why?"

"Dara!"

"Okay okay."

 

MY POV:

Ailee and Dara were trying their best to get out of the crowd of fan girls that had an odd attraction to Jung Hong. Hyorin was waiting and plotting at a bench near the walkway leading to the front door. As soon as Hyorin caught a glimpse of him she started to put her plans in motion. 

All he has to do is get a little bit closer so I can show him my 'girls' when I bend down, thought the promiscuous girl.

Hyorin stood up the moment she thought he was close enough and dropped some of her things (on purpose), right when he was about to walk past her.

"I'm so sorry about that. I didn't mean for my things to get in your way", she tried to act as bashful.

"I'm hearing sorry a lot today", he said in a not so interested tone.  

"Excuse me?"  

"It's nothing. Just be more careful." 

Is this guy really going to walk away and not even help me? May be Dara is right about him after all. 

"Hey Hyorin! What the hell are you doing?!", yelled Ailee as she ran towards them. 

"Are you okay Hyorin?!", Dara asked as she tried to see what was going on.

All of a sudden Jun Hong pause for a second and looked over his shoulder at the girls running towards the girl he was ignoring. He turned back around and walked back to where Hyorin dropped her things at. Hyorin saw him coming back and wonder what he was going to do. Her eyes grew a bit wide at Jun Hong picking up some her things that she intentionally dropped.

"I shouldn't have left you like that with so much of your stuff on the ground", he smiled, showing those pearly whites of his.  

"Uhm, thanks I suppose", Hyorin replied confused yet strangely happy.  

"It's no problem. I can't believe that I almost left someone as pretty as you to pick up all of this", he lied. 

"O- Oh, you didn't have to help me. It was my fault", Hyorin blushed slighty.

"Well as the new student here, I will try to make as many friends as I possibly can."  

"You want to be friends with someone like me?"  

"Hyorin what are you doing on the floor with a skirt on?! Get the hell up!", yelled an angry Ailee.  

"Ailee? Did you say something?", she asked, seemingly dazed by Jun Hong's beauty. 

"You are okay? What are you trying to-"  

Dara couldn't believe her eyes. Jun Hong helped Hyorin with all her books and papers. Jun Hong caught her staring at him and smirked a little, making Dara red.

"What are you doing?", she asked, astounished that he cares enough to pick up something that doesn't belong to him.  

"What does it look like?" said Jun Hong without looking at Dara.

"Here, grab my hand so I can lift you up", he gently said, holding out his hand for Hyorin to grab it. 

As Hyorin was getting help off the ground with Jun Hong's help, Dara felt something tense up in her chest a little bit. Without her knowing it her fist started to form into a rock.

"If you like I can walk you to your class. These are a lot of books and someone like you can't carry them all", he offered.  

"I don't want you to go out of your way", Hyorin said, trying to sound as girly as ever. 

"It's not really going out my way. By the way my name is Choi Jun Hong."  

"Mine is Kim Hyorin."

The two of them seemed to be in their own little world as they walked off. Dara and Ailee could only watch Hyorin smitten face, walking side by side with Jun Hong. 

"Okay... What in the world just happened here.? Did that stupid plan of hers actually work? I swore I saw him walk off after Hyorin dropped everything", a dumbfounded Ailee said to Dara. 

Dara knew that she saw the same, but the sight of him suddenly helping Hyorin started confusing her. Why did he come back after it look like he blew her off? Choi Jun Hong, what are you trying to do?

The school bell finally rang and everybody was off to their classes. Dara and Ailee thought it was best if they talked to Hyorin once lunch period began. 

****

"Good Morning Dara. How are you today? Dara?", Lisa asked as she took her seat in front of her. 

Dara was so into thought that she didn't hear Lisa call out to her. The whole class was in a frenzy about what happened between Hyorin and Jun Hong. Dara was trying her best to block out their conversation. Jun Hong walked into the class and everyone quiet down, but barely. As Jun Hong was about to pass Dara he took a quick glimpse of her with her facing the wall. Mr. Kang came in the class with a folder full of papers in his hand.

"Good Morning to all you", he greeted with a smile. "I graded the exercise sheets yesterday and I can say that I'm quite impress how this class did. I was even more impressed that three of the students in here managed to answer all of them correctly. I'm going to hand back the papers and then we will go over them so if you got one wrong you have a chance

Please log in to read the full chapter