Spell 7:The Phone Call

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV:

I FEEL LIKE THE WEIGHT IS OFF MY SHOULDERS!!!

Yesterday I had the best idea EVER and it actually worked...in a way. I finally solved the mystery of the masked man that saved my life. After doing some sureillance on Choi Jun Hong he finally had no other choice, but to confess that he was the masked man. Okay, well may be I had to show him a softer side of me to him and pratically cry my eyes out, but in the end I won. The most compelling evdience that I found out about Jun Hong is that he can actually be really sweet and not have all that arrogance. Plus yesterday I got to see how dreamy and y he really is. -Ahem- Just saying. It's not like I'm falling for him or whatever.

To be honest, I never thought Jun Hong was ugly or anything. I just thought his attitude and personality deemed him an ugly person. I thought it was the coolest thing when he said: "Why wouldn't I after all you been through yesterday, Sandara". In my poor attempt of a boy's voice.

I am just so cheerful today and the weather seem even better than the days before it. I was so thrilled last night about knowing that it was Jun Hong that came to my rescue that I did something so unprepared like. This is actually the first time I'm hoping that I don't get a reply back. After Jun Hong took me home yesterday like the sweet gentleman he can be, I sort of went a little too far with my happiness. Before I went to sleep I got over my fears of texting Max. When I woke up this morning I scanned through my phone like I normally do. I almost threw my phone at the wall from what I saw.

How stupid and desparate can I be?!

"I'm not sure if you will ever read this, heck I don't even know if this your number anymore. I fought myself terribly for weeks wondering if I should give this a try. I thought why should I try to contact you when you don't even send me one text? To be honest, I don't like the way I've been feeling for the past few weeks. I try my best not to think of you, but I think of you even more. May be it's because I haven't truly gotten over the fact that you're gone. For some reason I feel it in my heart that there is more to why you broke up with me. I still want to be with you Max. I think I deserve to know why you wanted to break our relationship after so long. I do wish you well where ever you live, but is it selfish to say that sometimes I hope you're just as miserable as me? That sounds awful just to hear me think it. I'm not sure how I'm suppose to end this text, so I'll just until next time. Sandara Park."

That is exactly what I texted to Max word by word. I wonder how long will it take me to die if I jump out of my window from pure stupidity and embarrassment?

WHY DID I DO SOMETHING SO STUPID!!

"I feel so sick to my stomach right now. Is this suppose to be one of those drunk texts I heard about? The worst part is that I don't even drink! I'm underage!" I stuffed one of my pillows over my face and screamed as loud as I could.

I should think about something else. Something else... something... I wonder is Jun Hong up to anything today! I didn't see him this morning when I opened the window. May be I woke up too late or may be didn't feel like excersing today.

"I can't believe that I care about what Jun Hong is up to. It was only a few days ago when I couldn't stand him and now..."

I heard my house phone ring which helped bring me back to my senses. I hurried, open my bedroom door and ran downstairs to get the phone that's ringing in the living room.

"Park's residence. Sandara-", I started to say, but a familiar voice stopped me from speaking.  

"Hello Dara."

Am I hearing this right? It-It's him... W-Why is he calling me?! 

"M-Max is that you?", I said as I felt the inside of my mouth starting to dry. My head was in a complete frenzy. Why would he call me all of a sudden. The text! Damn... It's too late to turn back now.  

"So you recognize my voice. I thought after all this time..."  

"H-How could I forget? It has only been a few weeks ago that you moved." How could I forget the voice of the boy I love so much?

"It is good to hear you too. You still sound like a child over the phone", slightly laughed Max. I can't believe this. I thought he was going to call my cell so I could avoid him. My chest feels like it's being squeezed like a lemon right now.  

"Dara? Dara are you still there?", he asked.

"Y-Yeah. I was just trying to ignore the fact that you called me a child", I lied.  

"I never said that you were a child, but you are tinier than most high school students."  

"I can hang up you know."

It felt strange to be talking like this. It was almost like we were trying to avoid the part where we broke up. I was happy though. It was better than nothing.  

"I called your cell phone a few minutes ago, but I got no answer", Max said.  

"You did?! I didn't hear it ring."  

"Well I did call you. I thought may be you was busy with something or someone."  

"Not really. I'm pretty much bored today. I did my homework yesterday after I came back from talking a walk."  

"Where did you go?"  

"In town. I brought these three charm braclets that an old lady was making right on the spot. I brought one for Ailee and Hyorin because I left them at the dance."  

"How are those two?"  

"Oh you know how it is with Hyorin's mouth while Ailee is still trying to tame her", I giggled.  

"I guess pretty much the same huh?"  

"Yup."

"How was this dance you mentioned a few seconds ago."  

"It was really neat! The theme was great with masquerade masks we had to wear." I couldn't bring myself to tell him about the reason why I left earlier than expected. I, myself, was still trying to bury that part somewhere deep inside of me.

"Sounds cool. I'm glad that you were able to have fun."  

"Me too..."  

"What? Did something else happen? I can hear it in your voice." That's right. Max knew me better than myself sometimes. I couldn't lie even if I wanted to, but right now I have no choice.

"Ailee and Hyorin wanted me to go and have fun for a change, so Hyorin brought me a dress to wear there. They wanted me to try and for-... forget you for a few hours."  

"I see...Did it work?"  

"Kind of I suppose, but somewhere I felt it was time to go home. I guess it wasn't time to have that much fun yet. So I left by myself..." I said, trailing off the las word as the saddness seeped inside me again.

"You left by yourself in the dark?", asked an alarmed Max.  

"Yeah... I just needed space and walking home seemed like a lot of space."  

"I see... Well...uh the reason why you're probably wondering why I called you was because of your text that you sent me."  

"So you did get it. I was debating if I should do it or not." My cheeks felt like I put a hot rag over my face and left it for a few minutes. I was hoping he didn't mention anything about it.

"I was thinking the same thing for a while too, but after getting your text I decided I should call you."  

"Really?"  

"Mhm. I know that you probably are having a hard time at school. That place is famous for people getting into our business."  

"That's true. They were even saying horrible things like I should cheat on you with one of them. I never thought about doing that when we were together! I just thought the comment was funny because we are no longer together. Some of the girls said that you could find any girl you want since you are so handsome. But you know what the bad part was Max?"

 "What?"  

"I agreed with them. I had thoughts about what if you meet someone else and she is prettier than me and is sweetier than me. I had a lot of things flying around my head."

"I guess I should start looking for one now", he said suddenly which made my eyes grow wide in shock. Did I just hear that? Did he really just say what I think I heard him say?

"W-What did you say?", I stuttered, hoping that I was wrong.  

"I see no point of me staying single anymore. I was only dodging all these girls offers at school because of you Dara", he coldly said.  

"What do you mean? What are you talking about?" This conversation just went all the way left. Why is Max talking so...different to me now?  

"I really wanted to go out with you again. I was just too scared to call or text you because I thought you hated me", he said in a quiet tone, Almost haunting.

"Why would I hate you? I could never do that."  

"And I know that Dara. You are way too sweet and kind to be with someone like me."  

"What are you saying Max?! I could never see myself with someone else but you! That's how I always felt!", I confessed. I felt my chest rise up and down in panic mood. I don't like where this conversation is going.  

"It's funny how you can just say stuff like that on the phone when both of us know it's not true."  

"W-What?! How could it not be true?! I would never lie about my feelings for you!"  

"Dara please stop before you make this worst."  

"Me? How can I make this worst when I have no clue what you are talking about? Why would you call me a liar Max? All I ever did was love you and I still do."

Now I'm getting really upset. How dare he call me a liar and tell me my feeling for him was a lie! He is the one that broke up with me and left me!

"Please Dara-"  

"I waited for you to ask me to be your girlfriend for two years and I never complained! You left me, not the other way around. I cried and prayed that you would call or even text. But what do I get? Insults!"   

"Dara..."  

Please log in to read the full chapter