Spell 30: Undeniable Truth

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

MY POV:

Zelo was out of breath as he stumbled back into his safe house. He knew he was out of breathe due to the shock and tremendous screaming in his head that there were no words to describe just how much trouble Dara is in. But he knew that the other scary feeling pushing out of him meant that he was no longer safe.

"!", he shouted as dropped to his knees after trembling for so long. "After all these years, that bastard still spook the hell out of me."

He couldn't believe that out of all the people Lisa could of learn dark magic from it would him, his brother. Knowing first hand what Jiyong is capable of, Zelo started to become very worried the future could hold. Jiyong is more than just known where he is from, he is a feared. Very feared.

*"Zelo! Zelo! Can you hear me?! Did you feel something shift in the human world?!"*, came through Bom in his head.

*"Loud and clear. Where are you at now?"*, Zelo said as he picked himself from the floor.

*"The lobby of the hospital. I was about to leave when I felt that magic. The Elders haven't called me yet, but I'm sure I will receive a call soon."*

*"I need to speak with you right away. I found out something that is going to bring a curtain down on this whole situation with Lisa."*

*"Is it more important than that feeling we both felt?"*

*"It has something to do with that. I know who has been pulling the strings behind the scenes."*

*"What?! Who?! Where are you right now?!"*

*"At my safe house. I'm pretty sure you know where since you're one of the people that created it."*

 

****

Bom waited for Zelo to tell her what information he found out and more importantly, how did he come about it. She noticed that her former student looked like he was kind of off which told her that it wasn't something good. It was not usual for someone like him to look...worried.

"So what happened? How did you find out who it is?", Bom finally asked.

"I had no idea that I would bump into him. I was just going there to check out something...", Zelo mumbled as he looked out the window, trying to regain his composure.

"You're not making sense. Zelo, tell me what happened", Bom said in concern.

"I- I went back Dara's house to see if there was any trace of Lisa's-"

"You went where?!", cut off Bom. "Why the hell- What thought ran in your mind that it would be okay to go back there?"

"I wanted to know since Dara was so sure that she wasn't dead. I was there. I needed to know if she was alive or not."

"And what did you find?"

"Nothing. For as much as I can see, I didn't see or feel anything related to her", he admitted.

"Okay... So I guess it wasn't all in vain. Either her body disappeared from your attack or someone removed her body."

"I hate to say, but I think it's the second one. I don't think Dara is too far off from Lisa surviving."

"But I'm sure she can't do anything in the state she might be in. Yes, she is exceptional good at spells and incantations, but she is also not at the level where she knew her limit. I even felt how much magic and aura that took. It's going to be awhile for her to regain half of her strength. We need to make our move, but I'm sure the Councilmen and the Elders are going to have a few words", explained Bom.

"Lisa is dangerous, that I'm sure of and dealing with her is already a pain. But we have a much more problematic situation at hand. Lisa is just a drop compare to what we are really dealing with", Zelo said, looking very serious.

"Does it have to do with the person behind Lisa and those other girls? This person must be impressive Caster if he can teach a human how to produce aura of her own."

"Impressive isn't the word I would use to call this person... How about beyond anyone's expectation."

"Zelo... I can tell the moment I looked at you that something isn't right with you. Are you... scared?" Bom said the last word in almost a whisper.

"Even you, one of the most powerful Witches and Caster of anyone's time would be worried at what I'm about to tell you."

Bom could feel butterflies in her stomach and she knew that it was a bad feeling. She practical helped raise Zelo after the destruction that took place several years ago, when he was still a child. It took him quite sometime to go back in the world and handle himself after what happened. Seeing that inner child of himself coming out Zelo told Bom that it was more to it then she presume.

"W-Who is it? Who is pulling the strings?"

"Someone you know very well, since he was also a student of yours."

"N-No... It can't be...", Bom stood up as she felt everything drop to the pit of her stomach. "Are you sure you saw him? It could of been-"

"It's him. I know what my own brother looks like. I sure in hell know what his aura feels like as well. It's Jiyong Bom. It's him", Zelo softly spoke the last sentence.

"Out of all the people in the world... Scratch that. Out of all the Casters. Do you know how much damage he caused? How hard it was to keep him at bay? Even for me. I had to release spells I locked away in my head for so long and now I might have to unlock them again."

"What do we do know? The higher ups must know that something happened in the human world"

"I'm going to have to report Jiyong's appearance to the Councilmen", Bom said in defeat. Zelo wanted to protest, but he knew they were going to figure it out eventually. Jiyong wouldn't hide as much now that he knew his little brother is back.

"I understand. When Aunt Eunbi wakes up, she is going to have to know the truth as well."

 

DARA POV:

The rain is coming down pretty good for awhile now as I'm waiting in the lobby to leave the hospital. Bom thought it would be best to leave before someone caught wind of me regaining my memory. I have to remain as this Maya person until everything can be resolve, but for how long do I have to play pretend? Now that my parents are here with me and Lisa is down for the moment, how long are we going to be safe?

"Are you ready?", asked Max who has been with me since I woke up.

"Yeah. Is everything taken care of?"

"Bom left instructions for me before she left. There should be no problem unless there is something wrong", he said. I feel like he knows when I'm not saying what I really want to say. I guess that part of us haven't changed.

"Something is always wrong. My life is danger, my parents were almost killed, Eunbi was hurt and you were put in the middle of war that doesn't make any sense. Of course something is wrong", I hissed which made me instantly feel bad because I took my anger out on him.

"I'm sorry. I didn't-"

"I never knew you can show other emotions. I only seen you brightly looking at the positive side of life. Never thought there would a day I see a pissed off Sandara", Max smiled, cracking parts of the concrete surrounding my heart. I haven't seen him for months and I have been through so much. I didn't think that he could still reach into my emotions.

"I got an umbrella. It's big enough for the two of us, but if you think it's still too early..."

"No!", my heart spoke before my mind. I felt myself begin to turn a little read. Why am I feeling so shy? It's not like we haven't shared an umbrella before. "I mean, I'm okay with it."

Max walked in front of me and I immediately tried my best to stay at his side. The double doors opened before us, letting the sound of the rain echo in our ears more. The smell of the autumn air mixed in with the rain feel so refreshing. It almost reminds me home in some ways.

Max opened the black umbrella above the two of us then looked at me, letting me know he wanted to know if I was ready. I nodded in agreement and walked out in the rain with Max by my side, like he use to be.

"I don't mean to spring this on you since a lot happened today, but I was wondering if we could stop somewhere."

"Where?", I asked in curiosity.

"One of the places I always wanted to show you if I was given the chance."

"Really? Where is it?", I asked, my voice surprisingly lifting up in happiness.

"In the opposite direction of your dorm, but if you don't want to..."

"It's fine. Now I'm curious and since I haven't- Well I don't remember anything about this place, I would like to see more of your world."

Max let a huge smile replace the nervousness on his face he had seconds ago. I giggled in the inside as we continued down a path Max wanted to let me see.

 

ZELO POV:

I arrived at the hospital after Bom and I went our separate ways after our agreement on what we need to do next. I wanted to check on my Aunt to see if there was any news on her condition. Now that we know who is the key player in this twisted game, I want to make sure she's alright before it gets worst.

"Are you going to see Eunbi?" I turned around and there's Min Young near the elevator where I need to be heading.

"Yeah. I wanted to see how she's doing."

"I was about to go back. I'm not sure if she's still sleeping."

"You've been here all this time?"

"Pretty much. Wasn't like I had anything else to do. I think everyone went home by now."

"Hmph! I thought you would be cuddled up with Max now that it seems like he is finally back", I said, pushing the elevator button up.

"Are you still talking about that? I thought you still got over it", Min Young rolled her eyes.

"I did, but did you?"

"He certain has since he's with Dara", she mocked, making me chuckle at her childish tone.

"So you haven't?"

"Shut up. I just thought now that everyone is finally back together, we could be on more friendly terms or hang out more..."

"But that all went straight to hell the moment Dara came in the picture", I said, getting into the elevator.

"You make me sound like I'm some jealous girlfriend", she said with a bit of annoyance in her voice.

I decided that it would best if I didn't say anything since I could tell Min didn't want to discuss this anger she has towards Dara. Judging by her attitude, she still harbors feelings for Max. Shouldn't I be the one that's mad? She's the one that chose to go another way, but in all honesty, I don't think I was ready to be in any kind of relationship at that time.

"Are you coming or what?", I asked.

"Just move over", Min said then finally walked into the elevator.

 

****

Min and I quietly entered my Aunt's private room. Laying on a desk next to her bed lay her favorite flowers and a pitcher of water just in case she woke up. I noticed that her wounds were almost gone, probably thanks to Bom and Yoon Ji. Min went to the window across from us and opened it, bringing in the sound and smell of rain.

"The rain has been nonstop for awhile now. Fall is really in full bloom now", Min said, watching the rain.

My mind was preoccupied with everything Bom and I talked about. Unfortunately, I have to tell my Aunt that her long lost murderous psycho nephew has finally shown his face. Damn... This is really the last thing anyone of us needs right now. Once Bom tell the Councilmen who will most likely tell the Elders, the priority level is going to skyrocket.

"Zelo? Zelo? Do you hear me?", called out Min.

"Y-Yeah... Just thinking something out."

"Understandable. It's Eunbi that's usually the strong one and now... This Lisa girl must be really powerful."

"Unnaturally powerful. She is definitely more of a powerhouse than any of us thought. Especially for a normal being."

"How is that even possible? How can someone with no aura to begin with wield magic? I never heard or read of that."

"She has a very skilled teacher who knows how to push out an aura in people like her who has darkness covered inside them. Someone who is good at manipulating people to their liking, apparently", I said, not telling her too much information. I can't expose him yet. The less people that knows the better. This entire town would flip outside down if anyone caught wind of his name.

"And she's after Dara and Max?"

"Dara mostly, but her aim is Max. Jealousy is a . You would know", I said, knowing that would hit something deep inside her emotions. Sometimes words come out that wanted to come out a long time ago. Bad part is that I never know when they're going to come out, especially when I probably should of said something a long time ago.

"What is that suppose to mean?", Min asked in a hush angry tone.

"Why do you have it out for Dara? You don't even know her. You kind of remind me the way Lisa looks at Dara sometimes."

"And what is that?"

"Hatred."

Min's pupils shook as that rang in her ear. May be she didn't think no one saw what I see every time I see her look at Dara or the way she speaks to her. After dealing with that crazy girl, it makes me wonder do I have to put my defense around her too.

"Stop acting like you know me", she spat. "Hate is a pretty heavy word to be throwing around."

"Then tell me what is your problem with her. You were already acting like this way before Max-"

"Why do you keep bringing it up?!", she snarled. It's been a long time since I've seen her this upset. "What? Do you like-"

"This conversation is over", I bluntly said. 

"Why? Because you say so? Does it bother you that your precious Dara can now be with Max? I bet it was really hard for you to see them kiss."

"You tell me. You were there", I countered.

I instantly knew I won this little immature battle with Min by her expression. She was fed up with me and most likely wanted to be nowhere near me. The puzzles that were never completed when I was dating her started to formulate in my head. I wonder if I wore that same look every time I saw Min glance at Max.

"I'm going. Tell your Aunt that I'll see her when you're not around", she said, hastily walking past me and out of the door.

"You really do have a way with words, don't you?"

"How long have you been awake?", I sighed.

"Long enough to wish I was back in my peaceful coma", Aunt Eunbi smiled, opening her eyes at me.

 

MAX POV:

Dara and I were still walking under one umbrella, as the rain made sounds between our quietness. It was already fall and Halloween is around the corner. I missed so much time already with my selfish needs and wants. I thought it would be as simple as me coming back and trying again with her. But now with her right next to me and with a lot of things that has happen to keep us apart, I don't know what am I suppose to-

"It's really nice here", Dara says softly, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"You think so?"

"Mhm. It doesn't feel like I'm not in our neighborhood. The air smells... magical I suppose?", she lightly chuckled.

"I'm glad you feel that way. I didn't there will be a day that I get to show my hometown to you. My true self."

I could feel Dara's subtle glance at me and then back towards the path ahead of us. It stayed quiet amongst us until the sound of running water could be heard in the near distance. The rain wasn't coming down as hard which made everything in my head click the moment I thought of something magical for her.

"Is that a fountain?", asked Dara as we came to the center of the park. "It's really big."

"Yeah it is. You should see it when it's lively and lit up with so many people gathered around, having fun", I said, thinking back on the last time I've been here. It was right after the huge clean up of the disaster that took place when I was a kid. Everyone decided after a long debate to throw a festival to lighten up our spirits and to establish our new beginning.

"I wish I could of been there", Dara sighed.

"May be you still can."

"Huh?"

I look at the street lamps scattered across the park, some hidden by large trees. Not all the lanterns are out, but the ones I see are sitting and spaced out on the fountain. This can work. I focus on my many targets and to myself I say the spell to brighten up our moods. 

Limino.

"What in the-", exclaims Dara as one by one the lights show up like... magic. "What is going on Max?"

I slowly look down to my side and I see her eyes beam at the sight in front of her. My chest feels like a chill of warm fire stretched across my heart. I haven't seen that child-like expression on her face for months, but it feels like years.

"This is... Did you do something?", she asked, walking from under the umbrella slowly.

<
Please log in to read the full chapter