Spell 14: I'm Back! Unforeseen Secrets

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV:

Jun Hong takes one of the chairs next to my bed without giving me any eye contact. Now I'm laying here in complete silence which is odd because we always have something to argue about. I wonder what's going on in that head of his.

"So...you finally came to see me", I said trying to start a conversation first.

"I suppose so", he said flatly.

Now back to good old silence.

"Thank you for saving me today and for uh taking care of me." I don't know why but after saying the taking care of me I feel my cheeks get a tad bit warm.

"It's no problem at all. That's what friends do, right?"

FRIENDS? Did he just call me his friend?!  Like he just referred to me as a friend of his!

"You consider me a friend?"

"Why? You don't?"

"I guess I never thought about what kind of relationship we have between each other. I never had time to think about it with everything going on. In a lot of ways I thought of you as my... just nevermind."

"You're what?"

"It's nothing. It's really silly of me to have thought that about you."

"What did you refer me to?"

"Just forget it. It's not that important", I said as I feel a strange tickle sensation fill my entire chest.

"Now I'm curious. I know it's important now that you're trying to deny it's not."

"What? No it's not. I just don't think it's that serious."

"So you don't take me serious? I'm not that important?"

"What?! Stop trying to turn this around. I only meant that- Wh-what are you doing?! What's with that face?!"

I can't believe what I am seeing! Is that suppose to be a pout?! And it's a pretty cute one at that... What did I just say?! May be it's because of todays events I'm going crazy.

"Just tell me... Please Sandara..."

"D-did you just say pah-pah-please?!" I can only stare at him in amazement.

"Please my little munchkin poo."

Munchkin? Poo? Did he just call me a munchkin? Was it an insult to my height or was he being weird in a cute way? What is going on here?!

"Are you okay Jun Hong? You seem to be acting quite differently today", I ask as I feel his forehead with my bandage hand.

Out of nowhere Jun Hong takes a hold of my hand with both of his hands and looks at it.

"Before I wasn't... but now I am. It's good to see that you are alright."

I stare at him as he is rubbing the bandages wrapped around my hand and all I feel is a surge of energy slam into my chest. Jun Hong lifts his eyes at me and I want to look away but I can't. I can't seem to look away from those eyes that almost look like they are in pain. Those eyes that look like he was so worried about me.

I never really noticed before... but Jun Hong has beautiful eyes. Eyes that look like he really does care even if he doesn't show a lot of people. He has done nothing but protect me every since we meet that night in the classroom and he became my Masked Man. I did nothing but cause him trouble with all the problems that seems to follow me.

Jun Hong didn't have to rescue me on the stairs or that night at the party or with Lisa. He could of just ignored me and act like I was an invisible but he didn't. So why...why does he help me when he calls me annoying and stupid all the time?

I take a hold of his hands with both of my hands and lean off the pillow in my bed.

"Thank you so much for worrying about me Jun Hong. That's why...

I don't know how but my body seems to be getting closer to him; and I can't stop.

"Dara? What are you..."

"That's why you're my knight", I finally said right before the room went loud with a...

BANG!!!

"MISS PARK?! MISS PARK?! ARE YOU OKAY?! MISS PARK?!"

"BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! She just... she just hit the floor like a stone! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Is she... is she still alive?!"

"Please go get a doctor!"

"Right away!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

"Instead of laughing at the poor girl you can at least help me while the nurse gets the doctor!"

"Okay...okay...o...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Like come on! You didn't find that one bit funny?! Aww man I wish I had my phone ready for that one!"

"She could be badly bruise and you're taking advantage of it!"

"When else am I suppose to? It's not like we see great comedy everyday."

"Zelo!"

All around me I hear loud noises but I can't seem to make them out. It sound so near but I feel so far that I can't tell where it's coming from. Now...now I hear something different, like the noises are morphing into something else. Instead of this loud blurring sound I hear crunching and... and breathing...may be panting. The crunching sound seems to be getting closer but I don't know what direction it's coming from. It's so dark...no pitch black that it doesn't feel normal. Just where am I?

"Saya, just keep running! I'm right behind you don't worry!"  

"Please stay right behind me! Don't leave me!"  

"Are those voices that I hear? But where are they coming from?"

"MAKE SURE YOU BRING BACK THE BOY! WE HAVE NO FURTHER USE OF THE  GIRL!"

*AHWOOOOOOOOOOOO*

"They brought out the wolves?!"

"Just keep running Saya! We need to make it there before they reach us!"

It almost sound like kids... and did one of them say wolves? Are they running from wolves? But I don't see anything!

*growling sounds*

"Ah! Their... their coming!"

"Damn! I'll handle them!"

(little girl stops running)

"But- But what about you?! I just can't leave you alone!"

"This isn't up for debate. I have to get you out of here Saya. You heard what one of them said. You'll...You'll die if they find you and I won't let them have you."

"But- But...", little girl tearing up.

"It's fine. I'll be fine. We don't have much time though. You think you can run a little more."

(little girl nods her head while wiping her eyes)

"Good. Let's get going."

Someone is going to hurt the boy and kill his friend?! What- What is going on? Where am I? Why can't I see where I'm going?

"Come on Saya! This way!"

"Okay!"

What is that way over there? It looks like it's coming my way. I immediately run over to what look like some sort of light heading my way. I'm not sure what I'm running to but I know I have to run because if I don't...

I just have to keep running!

It looks like the light is getting closer and bigger as I keep running towards it. I need to make it on time before those wolves get to those kids. The crunching sounds seems to be get louder now that I'm running towards where I heard the voices. I have to keep going no matter how out of breath I'm starting to get. For some strange reason I feel like all of my strength is about to leave me.

*growling sounds*

"Was that behind me? Are they behind me?" I slow down my pace and try to look back when I see something that's bright and feels pretty creepy coming my way. It almost look like a pair of eyes...

"J-Just what the hell is that thing coming my way?!"

"Hurry up Saya! We're almost there!"

What sounded like the little boy caught me off guard because I thought I was running towards them. But now it sounds like they're a lot closer than I thought. I'm so confused right now, but I don't have time to worry about it with something sinister behind me.

I start to pick up the pace a lot faster and head for the light in front of me.

*thump thump thump*

Is that drums? No...it's the sound of my heart beat. I know I'm really scared and I'm doing my best not to think about but it's hard. It's so hard.

"I THINK THE WOLVES PICKED UP THEIR SCENT! THIS WAY!"

"Oh...*panting* no....*panting* I need to catch up to them fast!"

"AAHHH!"

"SAYA!"

Did something happen to the little girl? Did I not make it on-

"Ow! What the hell did I just-"

*rapid barking*

I need to hurry up and get up! I need to get up before-

"AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!"

*beep...beep...beep...beep*

What is that continous beeping sound? It's getting on my nerves. I slowly open my eyes and see something blurry before me. It kind of looks like a white ceiling.

Am I out of the darkness? 

My eyes feel heavy while I'm trying to get a good view of where I am at. It looks like I'm in some sort of a room.

Am I in bed?

I wiggle my toes and realize that they're mine under the white sheets. So that takes care of one question, the next question is what is making that repeated beeping sound?

"So it looks like you're finally awake", says a very familiar voice.

The very moment their sentence stop I snapped my head to the person who spo

Please log in to read the full chapter