Spell 26: A New Wreckening

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

MY POV:

"Is she okay Bom?", asked Eunbi who came to check out an unconscious Dara.

"As far as I know she is fine body wise. There are no indications showing any signs of fatigue or breathing problems", Bom said looking at Dara's chart.

"You said body wise. Is there something else wrong with her?"

"Well... There are some interesting brain waves signals pooping out on the monitor. Max is in the lobby with the others. I will have to ask him some questions so I can understand what happened prior to her being in this state", Bom explained.

"I had to suppress the memories of the whole school so you-know-who wouldn't find out. If they did I'm sure they would do all kinds of test on her and you would be restricted somehow," Eunbi informed Bom.

"I can come up with a better excuse on how she got admitted here. I have to hurry up and get some information from Max. Stay here with Dara, okay?"

"Alright then."

Bom left Dara in her care and trust so she could feel at ease to question Max. She knew that if the Counsel members find out about Dara being in the hospital again they might try something. Bom believes that they are hiding secrets amongst each other and she doesn't know why.

"Here comes Teacher Bom", Yoon Ji said, looking down the hallway of the hospital.

Max, Mir, Lee Joon, Yoon Ji and Min Young stood up and watched as Bom walked closer and closer to them.

"Is Dara okay? Did she wake up?", a worried Max asked rushing over to Bom.

Boom shook her head no and put her hand on his shoulder. The others looked at her gesture from a distance and understood right away.

"Oh... I guess the pressure from me trying to make her remember was too much for her", Max said, feeling terrible at what had happened at school.

"Don't be. I don't fully know all the details, but seeing someone you're very close to must have been just as hard. Did anyone tell you what caused Dara to be here?", asked Bom.

"I was only told that she was injured due to an attack from someone and that her parents think she is dead. I pretty much figured out how she came to lose her memories."

"That's all they said huh? Well there are a lot of holes that need to be filled since I don't know the complete story. May be we should ask-"

At that time the person that Max didn't want to see appeared at the front entrance. Zelo turned his head and saw a group of people standing not too far from, talking to one another. He could tell who they were instantly and dreaded having to go over there because of Max. He owned him from earlier today, but decided to wait for his revenge after he checked on Dara's condition.

"I was going to say Eunbi but Zelo will do just fine", Bom smiled and motioned him to come to her. "I think he would know more about it since they went to the same school."

Max cringed at the thought of hearing what Zelo had to say since he was also angry at him for not telling him the truth.

"Zelo's here", Lee Joon said as he saw Zelo and Max having a heated staring competition.

"Should we go over there? I know that this has nothing to do with us, but the anticipation is killing me", Yoon Ji said.

"What do you mean this has nothing to do with us?", Min Young began. "The moment Zelo and his Aunt let some human into our world... This has everything to do with us!"

Min Young stood up from the bench in the waiting room and decided to go confront Zelo and Max. But before she could go on her mission, Mir grabbed her wrist in order to stop her.

"Let go of me. I thought out of all us, you would want to know more."

"And I thought you would learn to mind your business Min. If I can wait, so can you. This matter even has the Councilmen involved", Mir said, still holding her wrist.

Lee Joon and Yoon Ji looked awkwardly upon the two who were staring intensely at one another.

"I bet you're acting like this because of Maya or Dara or whatever the hell she calls herself. She is a human. Nothing good comes being entangled with one of them."

"I guess you two have that in common", Mir snarled back making the others wide-eyed at his response.

"This isn't the time to go at each other. We might get kicked out before any of us know anything", Yoon Ji intervene.

"Yeah, so just cool out before you embarrass the ones that didn't do anything", Lee Joon added.

"Fine", Min Young said as she snatched her arm out of Mir's grasp and took a different seat.

 

****

"Saya, are you alright!", asked the boy running towards the girl.

"Yeah... I just slipped on this twig", she responded as she quickly got up.

"We can't waste time here. She'll wonder what is taking us so long to get there."

It's those two kids again. I'm glad the wolves didn't catch up to her and the little boy. Who would want to hunt down these little kids in such a cruel way?

"The wolves are still on the move. I'm sure in no time that girl will be their food", said one of the older men that is scaling up and down on the trees.

"I'm surprise that they are able to keep up such a good pace for children", said another man.

"Not for long. I'll chew off that little girl's leg before she make it any further", spoke the leader of the wolf pack.

Did- Did that wolf just speak? How in the world is that possible? Just where am I exactly?

"Should we have a nibble on the boy? A small sample taste would be fine", spoke another wolf running beside the leader.

"Didn't you hear what the young master said? He'll kill you for sure if any of us lay one paw on him", the leader reminded him. "Just stick to the plan. If you get to her first I'll let you get a bigger piece."

"Are they seriously going to kill them?! There has to be something I can do to give the children some more time", Dara said as she made her way through the thick bushes.

"What is that purple light way over there?", Saya asked, squinting her eyes.

"It's our meeting point. Only we are able to see it because that is how she made it. That means we are almost there so just hold on a few more minutes", the young boy smiled.

"But I feel like my legs are going numb," the girl whimpered from the fatigue in her legs.

The boy looked at his free hand and concentrated on it as much as he could.

"Navitas", he mumbled. A green light came right out of the boy's the palm in a small orb like shape. "Hold for a sec so I can give you this."

The two stopped running for a moment so he could put the green orb on her. "This will give you a temporary boost of energy until we make it over there. I would have made more but I didn't learn how to multitask yet. Just hold out your hand then put to your chest."

Saya nodded her head at once then held out her hand to receive the green orb. The young boy put the energy orb in the palm of one of her hand and told her to hurry up before the wolves get to them.

"Here I go", Saya said then smacked the light into her chest.

*WHACK!*

"I told you to hurry not inflict damage to yourself!"

"Sorry...", she said as rubbed the red spot on her chest.

"I can see that the orb is starting to work. Let's go."

The boy took Saya's hand once more and made a break for the purple light ahead of them. At that time Dara was catching up to the men and their wolves so she could halt them as long as possible.

"Please don't hurt the children!" Dara yelled out as she inched closer and closer to them.

Out of pure instinct, Dara ran right in front of the on coming traffic that was only a few feet away from a head on attack.

"I won't let you get any closer!", Dara yelled with her eyes tightly shut and held out both arms to use her body to stop them. But just as the wolves and the men was almost there, something made them come at a complete halt.

"He decided to do it himself?", asked one of the men in the group of people.

"Damn it! Why does he have to be so impatient?! I was about to have a little girl for dinner", said the same wolf beside the leader.

Dara immediately opened her eyes and saw how close she was with the leader of the wolf pack. She thought it was odd how no one seemed to be interested in a person right in front of them.

"Can they not see me?", Dara said to herself aloud.

"There probably won't be any remains left once he kills her. There is nowhere else to run except into his darkness", the leader of the pack said, looking straight ahead.

Dara swung her head in the opposite direction to see what they were talking about. She couldn't see anything except dense fog and outlines of trees.

"Did someone else get to them? I have to find out." Dara ran towards where she thought the men and their wolves were staring. She kept hoping that it wasn't too late to save them.

 

ZELO POV:

Max sat on one of the chairs in Dara's room in the far corner as he tried to contain some of the info I conveyed to him earlier. Aunt Eunbi would give me these glances like wondering how much I told him. It's not like I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. I wasn't going to let him wrongfully accused me for Dara ended up this way. I was put through as much crap along side her.

*Did you tell him about the school incident?", my Aunt asked using her telepathic magic.*

*No. I didn't think it would be wise to push him that far. I don't want to set him off to do reckless things against a force we don't understand yet. I made sure to tell him what I thought he should know.*

*I fear it won't take long for him to find out. I have a hunch that the quietness so far will lead up into an attack unlike the ones we dealt with before.*

*You aren't the only one that feels that way. We need to be prepare for when Lisa makes her attack", I suggested.*

"So all of this...", Max suddenly begins talking. "...is Lisa's doing? She is doing all this because I dated Dara?"

"To sum it all up...yeah. But it doesn't give her the right to use people to do her biding nor to hurt Dara. Lisa had a crazed obsession with you before you even started going out with Dara. It was just fueled when you accepted Dara into your life", Aunt Eunbi said.

"She basically would rather you stay alone then go out with anybody else. I bet if you were to date someone else she would devise a plan to break you two up too. Or worst...", I said.

"Do you think she will go after me if she gets a hold of Dara?", Max asked.

I turned to my aunt hoping that she would have the answer to that, but she just looked back at me with the same question on her face.

"I didn't think about it that far yet because everyone was scrambling to protect Dara", she answered honestly.

"If she don't then I suspect whoever was hiding in that cloud of darkness that day her parents day might come after you."

Max looked up at me with bewilderment in his eyes and asked, "What cloud of darkness and who parents died?"

"Zelo is talking about the person who could be pulling the strings behind Lisa's ability to control magic. We also believe that he is the same person who butchered her parents on purpose to start a war with Dara."

"Lisa didn't kill her parents? I thought from what everyone was saying when I went to check things out... Someone murdered her parents?", asked Max, trying his best to deal with the truth.

"So the Councilmen really didn't tell you much of anything. I guess you were right Zelo", my aAnt said as she took a seat by the window.

"Of course I was right. They are trying to cover for themselves with the Elders so I bet they went along with the idea that she killed them using magic. That means that because she used magic they can order a priority on her so they don't have to get their hands dirty", I honestly said. "This went way beyond their metal capacity. Now they want us to protect Dara and somehow deal with Lisa and whoever is pulling the strings before the fire gets worst for them. Adults..."

"In the end Lisa is being used by the Councilmen and that mysterious guy hiding in the darkness. Dara just so happens to be caught in the middle of this and we have been appointed as her Guardians", Aunt Eunbi explained.

"But that doesn't explain what happened to Dara to make her lose her memory. Does it have something to do with the massive hole in the school?"

Once again Aunt Eunbi and I looked at each other, trying to think of the right words to describe the situation that day.

"Well is anyone going to tell me?", an impatient Max asked.

Before I could tell him my version of the story, Aunt Eunbi scurried to Dara side. "What?! What happened?!", a panic Max asked.

"She's starting to wake up!", exclaimed my Aunt. "Maya... Can you hear me? Are you okay?"

We all watched as Dara flickered her eyes open and close for a few seconds, trying to regain consciousness. She slowly moved her head right then left and suddenly she looked toward me.

"I'll go get a nurse and let them know she finally woke up", I announced then proceeded to the door.

"Ch...Ch...", her small voice began to say.

I stopped in my tracks and looked at her, guessing what she was trying to say. "Maya don't force your herself. You only woke up a few seconds ago", Aunt Eunbi said with a comforting voice.

"Ch...Cho...Ju...Ong", Dara tried again.

"Did anyone catch that?", Max said looking at the both of us.

"Try it slowly dear", Aunt Eunbi said as kneeled in front of Dara.

Dara closed her eyes then gulped down as much saliva before opening her eyes again.

"Cho...Choi... Jun...Hon-Hong..."

Did she- Did she just say my name?

Aunt Eunbi covered and gasped in shock at what occurred. "It can't be... Does she...?"

"What? Did something happen? She only said his name", a dumbfounded Max said.

Dara kept her eyes fixated on me as I was stunned that she spoke my name, my real name.

"Forget a nurse. Go get Bom, this is very urgent. Now Zelo!"

I quickly woke up from the hypnosis from looking into Dara eyes and went to look for Bom as fast as I could.

 

SANDARA POV:

"Cho...Choi...Jun...Hon-Hong...", I repeated again after gulping as much saliva as I could. He just stood there, looking at me a bit wide eye like he was expecting me not to speak.

"What? Did something happen? She only said his name", said a vaguely familiar voice that didn't interest me at the moment.

I kept staring intensely into those eyes that seem so cold but warm at the same time. Has he changed since the last time I saw him? He look a tad bit taller since the last time I- That's right! I was at school and... Flashes of that day appeared right in front of me a bit hazy like, but I remembered them, painstakenly.

"Forget a nurse. Go get Bom, this is very urgent. Now Zelo!"

My instincts at that moment kicked in so I took in my surroundings since the last thing I remember was being motionless at school. May be I should try moving one of my fingers to see if I'm still being under control.

"Are you okay Sandara?", asked a female voice to my left that made my heart jump.

I immediately looked to see the lady that called out to me and to my surprise I was greeted by friendly eyes.

"Ms.Eun-Eunbi...where...am I?"

"You remember my name. That's a relief. I thought you was going to be in that state forever."

Why wouldn't I remember her name and what state is she talking about?

*knock knock*

"I'm coming in Eunbi", spoke a voice from behind the door, sliding the door open. "I heard someone finally woke up", said the doll face like lady with bangs across her forehead. "I just need to check a few things. For one how are you feeling?"

"Weak. Like I almost running out of energy to speak right now", I replied, tasting the dry and bitter tast e in my mouth.

"Now I'm going to ask some random questions that only you should know. This is to test that nothing has happened to your brain while you was asleep."

I nodded my head in agreement and waited for the test to begin.

"What is your name?"

"Sandara Park."

"Good. How old are you?"

"Sixteen. I'll be seventeen in... Wait. What day is it anyway?"

"I see you are already one step ahead of me. Do you know what is today's date?"

Today's date? I remember the day that I... No. Just relax, I'm not ready to deal with that yet.

"How long have I've been here?"

"Almost two months", she answered.

"Two months?! I don't understand what you're saying!", I said in utter shock.

"Just take it easy. We don't need you to freak out in your condition. I will do my best to explain everything in due time. Now this question is very important. Please come in!"

The door slid open once again ,but this time it was a group of people who looked about my age. I scan them up and down and for some unknown reason I felt as though I met them before.

"Now I will go around this room and ask you do know anyone standing before you. That should be easy, right?", she asked smiling with her puffy cheeks showing.

"Yes."

The group of teenagers lined up shoulder to shoulder. As we were about to begin someone else entered the room.

"Sorry for being late", said the male voice I already knew.

"Perfect timing. I was about to check her memory even further. Now shall we begin? I want you to look across only these four people and tell me do you know who they are."

I carefully examined the four teenagers she spoke of and see if any of them rang a bell. I immediately felt like someone was throwing daggers my way so I looked to see where this feeling was coming from in the group.

"Is everything okay? Your facial expression changed a bit", asked the lady who I'm guessing is a doctor.

My eyes went straight to the girl with the dark short cut hair who was avoiding all eye contact with me. Why is she acting like that? Does she not want to be here?

"Do you recognize any of them?"

"I don't think so...", I replied still getting a bad vibe from the short hair girl who then turned to my direction. "I don't know. I just have a strange feeling like I'm suppose to. Weird huh?"

The boy with the brownish blonde hair eyes went wide for a few seconds then back to normal.

"Not at all. You're in a room full of weird people, like the girl with the short hair", she said as a joke to lighten up the mood.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?", asked the girl with the short hair, who didn't find it funny at all.

"Wait how did you-"

"Moving on. Do you know the lady on my left?"

"Of course I do. She's Ms. Choi

Please log in to read the full chapter