Spell 27: Smoke and Mirrors

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

MY POV:

"No no no. Your opponent will be me", Zelo said as he waved his index finger in front of his face.

"You can't be serious. Do you honestly think it will be that easy? Are you sure she can handle herself when she has two handicaps and two enemies? You must be so full of yourself", an evil Lisa chuckled.

"I guess we finally have something in common. Don't worry about her, my Aunt can take care of herself."

"Aunt? Aww... So it's a family affair. You two can die the same way you came in, together."

"I have no intentions on dying today, especially not by you. You caused nothing, but trouble for me since I encountered that girl. Once I finish you off, I'll finally get my much needed sleep", Zelo said while stretching his long arms.

"Now that I get a good look at you, you do ring a bell, but I'm not sure... Oh well it doesn't matter to me since nothing but your blood will  remain, if you're lucky."

"Well I'm a bit disappointed that you don't remember since we both went to the same school." Lisa squinted a eyes, turned her head at angle then gasped, "You... You're hair is just different."

"Now that we got introductions out the way I think it's time to settle this once and for all.

"Dara's little prince! How remarkable is this! That girl really must have a tramp stamp to have so many guys come following her blindly. What did she offer you in order to protect her? That small fragile flat thing she calls a body?",  Lisa asked with full amusement plastered on her face.

"The same thing you're getting from her ex, nothing", he smirked knowing that the comment pissed her off. "But once you're gone I'll get all the relaxation I could ever want and get Dara far away from me."

"That's harsh. I thought you two were the best of friends or may be even secret lovers. It's not like she didn't have a choice in the matter. You are her true and only friend she has...well had. Is she dead?"

"You tell me since that's what you've been trying to do for a while now. I'm not sure about the friends part though... I'm just the type of person that wasn't going watch you abuse you're power just because you couldn't get what you want. I bet you don't even know where he lives. You managed to do all those horrible deeds and still you are lonely."

"You really are something, you know that? Talking to me in that manner like you know me. I admit that I have been a tad bit hot-blooded, but now I see the essences of waiting. You'll never know when I'll get the drop on you, like now", Lisa smiled. "Now how about you die like a good little boy so I can get rid of that filthy girl's parents."

Zelo could instantly tell that Lisa has went through some changes just in a mere few months. The look in her eyes seem to be a lot more darker, but at the same time she's more composed then before. He knew that he would have to put his guard up because he did not know all the magic she had learned up until now. It also was a little pressure since the others were watching and he knew that Yoon Ji had a time limit. He needed to at least get her to retreat before he use any dangerous spells that might put the others in the house in danger.

"If you're so quick to fight then who am I to say no. I'm ready whenever you-"

Right before Zelo could finish his a black and dark green orb that he had never seen came flying in his direction. By instinct, Zelo dodged as fast as he could and countered with an orb of his own. Unlike him, Lisa took his attack head on by deflecting it with a defense barrier using one hand.

Just what the hell kind of magic is that? Why is there green mixed in with black?, he thought to himself.

He quickly took notice that Lisa learned how to cast spells without saying their names which only means she has definitely improved her skills. Zelo knew that he couldn't get hit by that orb she threw because he didn't know the effects of it. He knew that he had to be on his toes if he wanted to make sure Dara's parents make it out alive.

"Are we contemplating?", Lisa interrupted his train of thought. "I was hoping you would be more entertaining than this. To me you seem like the... impatient type."

"Do you honestly think I'm that stupid enough to run into a battle blind?", Zelo retorted.

"Can't blame me for wishing", she smiled with no sign of fear in her eyes. "Raptores atra in neubla."

A black smokey like mist came seeping through her hands, at her side. Zelo was all too familiar with that move since he knew someone from his past used it once, on him. He knew that one touch of it on your clothes and or body could end it all. Once a drop of that magic is on you it slowly engulfs you in it's grasp. Zelo would have to find a fast way to kill the Caster if he should fall to it.

"She really doesn't make this easy for me. Deorum Fulmina. Arcus", he said to only his ears could hear. A dark gold beam light began to manifest within his right hand until it took shape of an arrow. Lisa prepared herself since she hadn't seen that type of magic before. Zelo cocked back his left hand and raised his right hand in the position that of a professional Archer.

"So that's the kind of attack he's going to use. Interesting', Lisa muttered.

Zelo stared at his opponent, unwavering and began to slowly control his breathing. How many arrows and the arrows' power depend on his focus and ability to not over use his aura. Dara and the others were all tensed and silent at the impending battle between the two fierce foes. Dara closed her eyes to keep her composure since she was the one feeling the most aneixty then anyone in the room.

"Let's begin!", Lisa shouted and soared towards him in lighting speed.

Zelo instincts told him to take a few inches back then release his arrow, which he did just as fast as you can blink. Lisa ducked passed the first one only to see another one aiming her way, which she narrowly escaped from. Right there and then she knew that Zelo was thinking the same thing as her. Kill. The two enemies were flying in the air, trying to figure out an opening. Lisa put both of ends of her palms together, taking the two black mist like balls and combining them into one then shot directly at Zelo.

Seeing it coming his way, Zelo flew directly towards her attack then cocked back his left arm, this time letting two golden arrows strike. Lisa, along with everyone else watching, thought that his plan was to let the arrows collide with the black mass but instead the two arrows took different sides and slid right pass it. Then at that moment, Zelo did an air born front flip barely able to escape the blast. What might seem fast to everyone else was incredibly slow to him as he watched the mist formed ball right before his eyes, backwards, missing him.

The crowd in the room back at the hospital stood in awe at the stunt he just pulled. The screen went black due to the shock that Bom received in the process.

"Is that boy an idiot?! He almost lost his head there for a moment! Just what the hell was he thinking?!", Bom lashed out, trying to catch her breath.

Dara thought her lungs collapsed and clenched her shirt, trying to calm down. She couldn't believe what her eyes just saw a moment ago.

I almost lost him, she thought to herself while trying to shake off the cold shiver down her spine.

Max had no expression on his face and look straight ahead. Dara looked his way and saw that his fist were in a tight ball. She couldn't tell if he was in shock or mad.

"Max... are you o-", but before she could ask the screen came back on with Zelo and Lisa still engaged in the fight.

"That was pretty daredevil like of you. Not even an insane person would have thought nevertheless done a move like that."

"A comment like that coming from you is more insane", Zelo smirked, still dodging her attacks as she did the same.

 

****

Back at the house Eunbi stood face to face with Lisa's comrades. Eunbi started to recognize the two girls as friends of Dara, or were friends. Eunbi told the other two to stand back and keep up the barrier since she thought they could get in the way.

"Well isn't this a surprise", slightly giggled Eunbi who couldn't believe the turn of events. "I can truly say I didn't see this coming. Seriously, what kind of friends were you to Dara?"

At the sound of her name the two girls face turned serious because they didn't expect her to say Dara's name.

"Just who the hell are you?", Hyorin asked.

"Me? Oh I just happen to be that man's boss. Yeah. The one you're trying to kill as we speak", Eunbi smiled sweetly.

Hyorin and Ailee turned their heads to Dara's dad and then at the lady in front of them. "You two weren't the only ones incognito huh? Now I gave you my answer, give me mines", Eunbi said, changing her tone.

"That's kind of a hard question to answer", Ailee spoke first.

"No it's not. Just like you, we deceive people. That is our job", Hyorin said, showing an ego.

"Yes. That is my job, but that's the only thing we will ever share. I never kill just so time can pass by, I do it if neccesary to protect innocent ones. I rather not get my hands stain with sins like the one you girls carry. Your main goal was Sandara right from the the start, wasn't it?'

"Why should we answer you? We don't owe you a damn thing", Ailee shot back.

"You might not owe me an explanation, but they deserve to know why their daughter is not with them. I mean you 'were' friends."

The room stood in complete silence as the three Casters looked directly into each eyes that the air seem to have stiffen.

"How about a deal? You share your secret and I'll share mines. I might can't give you a grave, but at least I can listen to your last words."

"Don't you seem confident? Fine. Why not? Your outcome won't change and neither will theirs", Hyorin complyed.

At the hospital Dara and the others kept a watch of the battle, but Dara was feeling eager to know the whereabouts of her parents. She will admit that knowing that the two people she thought she could trust is the reason why her parents might die makes her heart ache in intense pain. Dara wanted to ask to see how the situation was going with Eunbi but at the back of her head the word 'no' kept popping up.

"Damn!", Dara mouthed silently as she clenched her eyes shut to hold back her emotions.

"Is something wrong?", Max whispered noticing her facial expression.

"I have to- no, I need to seem them. I must see them. My parents and..." but her words faded, not able to speak their names.

"Is that what you want Dara?", Bom asked, still concentrating her aura with Yoon Ji.

Dara instantly nodded and said, "Please." Max could see the desperation in her eyes so he didn't object to her choice. They are her parents and they once were her friends. He didn't feel that any words that he could say would change her mind. Plus he also wanted to know why Ailee and Hyorin would hide their identity.

In a matter of seconds the screen changed channels and they could hear a conversation starting.

"The only reason we are here is because of orders. Lisa has an unwavering desire to kill Dara to the point it's either admirable or a bit scary. We were told to accompany her, to help her take her so called revenge on Dara's parents. Of course we objected to the idea of being anywhere Lisa, but orders are orders," Hyorin started.

"Why were you here in the first place? Why this neighborhood?", Eunbi asked seriously.

"Ask our young master. That is where our orders come from. A few years before we met Dara he told us to take a break and live here. He said he would retrieve us when he needed us most. He can be soooo mysterious sometimes. We learned to just do as we are told without questioning too much because Lisa's wrath is nothing compare to our young master. I guess life in this mundane world wasn't so bad", spoke Ailee.

"It was pretty boring at first but it eventually seemed natural like acting. Luckily he saved us before we became entirely use to it', said Hyorin.

Dara and Max just stared at the screen without talking. Dara badly wanted to grab her parents so she could tell them how sorry she is for putting them in that situation. It pained her to see them in that state and she couldn't do anything about it.

"Okay. Then where does Lisa fit in?"

"That surprise us too when we came back to our young master. I was pretty disgusted to see another woman at his place so we asked what was she doing loitering around. Apparently he took a strong liking to the kind dark energy she has and decided to make her one of us. Lisa, of course, did had a say so in the matter so she chose to be under his wing so she could kill Dara. We knew she was just using him to teach her how to conjure up all that negativity but he's doing the same. He likes to be entertained which entertains us", explained Hyorin.

"When I think back all of us were fated to meet each other. We all didn't know each other until went to the same sc

Please log in to read the full chapter