Spell 6: The Masked Man? Part 2

Black Magic
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Dara POV:

I just want to lay in bed all day today. I don't want to feel like seeing people or answering phone calls.

I took a glance at my phone and saw that Ailee and Hyorin called multiple times. I wanted to text them back saying that I made it home okay, but my fingers didn't want to move. My parents came and checked on me to see if I was still awake. I just laid in the bed not facing them, but I knew it was them.

After I got out the tub and got dress I went straight to bed with the mysterious masked man's jacket yesterday. The smell was so intoxicating that it knocked me right out with and I strangely think I had a dream of him. I wonder who is he. I want to show him how grateful I am to him because he saved me from something that was so horrible. If it wasn't for that masked man I don't know how I would live with myself. The way he held me in his arms was just so...so...

KKKKAAAAHHHH!!!

I'm rolling on my bed like a stupid fangirl right now. I really like how he told me not to worry my pretty little head.  

"I do have a pretty little head now that he said something, hehehe!"

Why would I ever worry about my pretty little head when someone like him saved me. He wasn't even acting all cocky either. It was more laid back and nonchalant.

"My pretty little head. For some reason I think I heard that before but in a different way", I said as I patted my head, still able to feel his touch.

I guess I will get up and make something to eat. If I don't wake up soon my parents are going to wonder about me and I can't have that. I hid the jacket under my pillow as I was fixing my bed to make it look neat when someone caught my eye out the window. Some boy was jogging down the street across my house. It look like he came from the direction of the school.

"I wonder who would be jogging this early. I need some fresh air to circulate in here anyway." I opened the window and let in the cool summer breeze into my room. The sun this moring felt so good that I just wanted to nap like a fat cat right under it.

He was still a little too far off for me to see, but I could see that he was running in a white tank and black shorts. As he kept jogging closer and closer to me, the finally pieces of the picture came together. My mouth flew open and my eyes blinked like a thousand times.

"That can't be...no it can't be him. Jun Hong?!" I hurried up and ducked out of view putting my hands over my mouth. "What am I doing? It's not like he can see me. He's busy with his excerise to even notice me. I'm just going to take a small peek out the window. It's not like I'm doing anything bad." So I took all the courage I had left and peeked out the window.

"Is he doing push ups?! He's pretty good at doing them. Who would of thought he was strong enough for that. He's standing up now and getting some water. I wish I was that bottle..."

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST SAY?! NO THE HECK I DON'T!

I don't want to be anywhere near that inconsiderate monkey's ! Why would I even have thoughts like that about him? I know guys who are way hotter than him? What is he doing now?

Is he...HE IS! JUN HONG JUST POURED THE WATER ON TOP OF HIS HAIR! AND NOW HE IS FIDDLING WITH HIS HAIR AS WATER DRIP TO HIS FACE! KKKKKKKAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Okay I must admit that that was pretty cool and MAY BE just a hint of y. I'll give him- Why is he looking this way?

"Oh crap! I think I need to hide before he sees me!"

Time to duck back down the rabbit hole Alice. Let me just crawl over to the door so he won't notice that I'm trying to play it off. I need something to cool off my nerves and may be some of my hormones. What in the world did I just see? I only thought that happens on TV. The water was probably soaking his shirt revealing his skin and- Stop it Sandara! Not another thought! He isn't worthy.

Five minutes seemed to pass and I thought I should get up from the floor. It wasn't like he was going to barge in my window. I moved fast enough so I'm sure he didn't-

*Dddiinngg Dddoonngg*

CRAP! That can't be him right? It can't be. He has no reason to come over with his aunt not here. Plus Jun Hong and I don't even like each other so why would he visit the enemy's house like me. But just in case that it is him...

"I'm coming!", I heard my dad when I cracked by door open.

I heard the door open and then heard him say in a cheery voice, "Oh hello Jun Hong! How are you?"

Oh snap it's him! I can't hide out here forever because I need something to eat. He's probably here for another reason. Yeah. May be his aunt asked him to tell my dad something she forgot. I'll just casual go down the stairs like I always do.

"Morning dad", I started off saying. Just act casual.  

"Good morning sweetie. I see you slept more than usual today", he smiled with the door open.  

"My feet was so sore from all that dancing. I tired myself out, but it was fun", I lied. I definitely don't want to break his heart knowing something so awful happened to me.  

"Too bad I didn't see you come in, I could have gave you a foot massage."  

"I didn't want to wake you and mom up. I saw you two sleeping in the backyard."  

"So you saw that?"

"Yup! And mom said you guys were going to wait up for me."  

"Well Jung Hong was kind enough to bring the paper", my dad said skipping the conversation. 

"Jun Hong? Is he the new paper boy?", I pretended that I didn't watch him from my window a few minutes ago.

I finally came off the bottom of the last stairs. My dad was facing me as he received the moring paper from Jung Hong. I wanted to keep my eyes away from him and go into the kitchen, but that plan completely failed. I almost spazed out and tripped on nothing. I can't believe he just show up in that... manner. The water on his shirt barely had time to dry and it was sinking into his skin like glue. Does he have no shame? Letting me see all that sweat and -gulp- water drenched all over his upper body. Look elsewhere Dara!  

"I was just doing some morning excerises down the street. I noticed your paper on the street so I ran over here", said Jun Hong to my dad.  

"How considerate of you. You shouldn't have but thanks so much", I sacastically said. 

"It's no problem. I'm sure your feet was hurting from going to the party last night."  

"You went to the party?", I asked. I don't remember him there, but after what happen to me I rather forget it all together. 

"May be you didn't recognize me with everyone wearing masks. I bet you had a night to remember", he smiled.

"Yeah..."  

"Dara said she had so much fun that her feet were sore", my dad added again.

"That . I would have carried you home if I knew you were in that much pain", Jun Hong said, directly looking into my eyes. "I need to get going. Bye Mr. Park. See you at school in a few days."

Before Jun Hong left I saw a mysterious smirk on the corner of his mouth as he gave me one last look. What was that all about?

"It's time to eat Dara. Your mom went out so it will be me and you for a few hours", dad said as he shut the front door.  

"That's cool with me. I'll think of it as father and daughter bonding time."  

I sat down with my dad for breakfast and talked about the party at school. I told him about the decorations and masquerades masks that everyone got to wear. I didn't, however, tell about the reason why my fun got cut short. I was really afraid to see his expression if I told him what happened to his little girl. I wasn't ready to think about it honestly. Having to relive that night made me sick to my stomach.

I told my dad I wanted to take a walk outside and breathe some of the fresh air. Truefully speaking, I wanted to get out the house because if I stayed in the house I would go back to that nightmare.

 

****

"I'll just wear some shorts and the black short sleeve shirt mom got me a few weeks ago." For some unknown reason Jun Hong comment earlier popped in my head.

"I would have carried you home if I knew you were in that much pain."

"Yeah right! I would never accept his offer in a millions years! He was just trying to be nice in front of my dad."

I got ready to go outside and enjoy the nice sunny weather. Before I could walk out of my room, I remembered the jacket was under my pillow, so I went to pull it out.  

"Who am I going to return this to? If my parents find out about this jackert a load of question will start flying out."

I glanced outside my window for a second and saw Ms Choi getting in the car. Jun Hong stood right by the door, saying something to her and waving goodbye.

"This time he has normal clothes on. Hopefully he took a shower instead of jumping into some fresh clothes. Yuck!"

Jun Hong is really gets under my skin because he thinks he is so great, even if he doesn't say it. And he doesn't seem like he has a care in the world. It must be- (flashback)  

"I'm sure I can manage from here. You don't need to worry your pretty little head about me. And next time if a new student come don't leave them in the back while you try to come up with an idea." 

"He also said pretty little head like the masked man... No one has ever said that to me before until he showed up."

I hurried back to the window only to see Jun Hong already walking the opposite way of school, leading into town. The masked man... could it really be him? I wasn't ready to believe that could be the conclusion. I would have to do some private investigating.

"I need to ask him straight up!"

I throw a pink hoodie on as fast as I could. picked up the suit jacket, then ran downstairs and headed out the front door.

"I hope he didn't get too far from here."  I looked in the direction where I last saw him to see if I could catch up to him.

"I think I still see him walking. I am going to find if this jacket belong to you or not." I ran across the other side of the street and tried my best to catch up with him without being spotted. 

"Should I just say, Hey jerk! Isn't this your jacket? That ideas plus the ones that are coming in my head sound pretty lame and if Jun Hong heard any of them he'll probably say 'Go be stupid somewhere else'. Yup, that sounds like something he would say."

I guess I have to lurk behind him until I can think of something to say. I will find out the truth and hopefull it doesn't lead to him.

 

Jun Hong POV:

I moved here a few days ago and already I want to leave. I left my old neighborhood becaue I didn't have much of a choice. My Aunt said we had some business to take care of and I jumped at the chanc

Please log in to read the full chapter